Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Discovered the pure magic that is Tamiya Paint Remover and Craft Triangle Cotton Swabs!

50% of me is SUPER frustrated that it took me this many years to find these products, and 50% of me is SUPER happy with how effectively the cleaned up my Top Force shell.

My wife suggested that I pretend that they are brand new products...LOL!

20220614_183636-01.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Discovered the pure magic that is Tamiya Paint Remover and Craft Triangle Cotton Swabs!

50% of me is SUPER frustrated that it took me this many years to find these products, and 50% of me is SUPER happy with how effectively the cleaned up my Top Force shell.

My wife suggested that I pretend that they are brand new products...LOL!

20220614_183636-01.jpeg

Saved my life a few times 😀

I use motor spray and swab.  The triangle swab is a great idea, going to get me some next time!   

Update: ordered xsmall and medium triangle swabs by Tamiya.  :D   Thanks @bRIBEGuy

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

Nothing rc related but my 1/1 car parking aid/sensors have stopped working and keeps saying needs parking aid servicing and everyone regarding the car when I contacted them eg main dealer they've never heard of sensors needing servicing:blink: also contacted car manufacturer and they said.......never heard of the sensors needing servicing:blink: luckily I took a photo of it;), anyway took it back to the dealer and the moment I reversed into the car space they started working as normal:rolleyes: and you guessed it they couldn't find anything wrong with it<_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Today I went to the dust/gravel car park at my local park. It's a pretty hostile environment, so it's usually empty even on a hot day like today.

I took my QD, testing out the 12T motor with a 6 x AA 7.2 power pack. Runs pretty well, although wasn't getting the wheelies I was expecting with the lower turn motor. Probably need to play with punch, timing and gluing wheels. 

n0raIFw.jpg?1

It's very very dusty, but the QD is great for this environment as it's so simple; six bearings, two piece enclosed gearbox, very few parts and probably takes around 10 mins to dissemble and clean.

bfxblAo.jpg?1

5mQdLjc.jpg

The space is massive, although I might bring some jumps along next time, as it's very very flat

V4OZybe.jpg

I also sorted out the issue with my Flysky radio gear. I had forgotten that I had to keep the throttle on full when binding, which resulted in me having to push the  trim all the way to one side to get it to brake/reverse. 

• Like 3

On 6/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Yoshimitsu said:

With the help of a very nice man on here I received these.

52146162180_c7cb3e7246_k.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has seen any new/other liveries for these shells? 

I wish someone would do the Rothmans decals for it.🙏

L&L do a set of Rothmans stickers but out of stock. Send them an e mail. Some of their sets are better than others, some backgrounds are wrong

28 minutes ago, moffman said:

Nothing rc related but my 1/1 car parking aid/sensors have stopped working and keeps saying needs parking aid servicing and everyone regarding the car when I contacted them eg main dealer they've never heard of sensors needing servicing:blink: also contacted car manufacturer and they said.......never heard of the sensors needing servicing:blink: luckily I took a photo of it;), anyway took it back to the dealer and the moment I reversed into the car space they started working as normal:rolleyes: and you guessed it they couldn't find anything wrong with it<_<

Classic!

Our air con is playing up at moment...quite literally blowing hot and cold. Could do without the hot right now :blink:

You know that as soon as I take it to the dealer, it'll be nice and chilled :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Classic!

Our air con is playing up at moment...quite literally blowing hot and cold. Could do without the hot right now :blink:

You know that as soon as I take it to the dealer, it'll be nice and chilled :rolleyes:

Yep you know it!:lol:

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

L&L do a set of Rothmans stickers but out of stock. Send them an e mail. Some of their sets are better than others, some backgrounds are wrong

Cheers Busdriver.  Never used L&L but figured they might be hit and miss..

Ive seen those Rothmans decals you mention but I just don't think they are proportionally correct.

I've asked ScreenPrintDigital to do some and RC Decals but this far neither are taking me on. Shame, if they did do it they'd sell more of them than any of the other offerings.

57 minutes ago, moffman said:

The hood latch sensor on my 2020 Forester died recently and I took the car in for warranty replacement as the engine auto start/stop nor remote start would work any more without a proper working hood latch sensor.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Cheers Busdriver.  Never used L&L but figured they might be hit and miss..

Ive seen those Rothmans decals you mention but I just don't think they are proportionally correct.

I've asked ScreenPrintDigital to do some and RC Decals but this far neither are taking me on. Shame, if they did do it they'd sell more of them than any of the other offerings.

A lot of L&L stickers are just a bit off. For you level of detail I think they would be a disaster. I don’t think people will take them on due to association with fags!!! Have you tried Nat at MCI he might be up for a challenge but I think I read somewhere that he was really busy and not taking on any commissions. You’re right though if someone did a decent set they would sell like hot cakes!!!

• Like 1

Took the Hpi  jumpshot mt for a ride,  I like this car a lot and it drives great.

52149507085_7e7eb04d7c_k.jpg

52149507020_a403fb5e5f_k.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

The hood latch sensor on my 2020 Forester died recently and I took the car in for warranty replacement as the engine auto start/stop nor remote start would work any more without a proper working hood latch sensor.   

Ya now what? The one common denominator in this is "sensors" do we really need them? If I didn't have parking sensors I'd no when I was in my space because I use my eyes in conjunction with the various mirrors that come with the vehicle? And with your hood (bonnet in the uk) you'd know if it suddenly popped open because like me you have eyes! We don't need "sensors" to tell us things we can probably see!

• Haha 1

Stickers on!

I feel like the Top Force would look better if the green was pulled from the stickers... it just seems a bit starkly cheesy compared to how magical PS-17 is as a base color.

20220614_210103-02.jpeg

• Like 8

Went to a playground in the woods this morning with the daughter. As I know there is a greek I took the Willys Jeep with me. So Pierce had a nice ride in the shallow water and banks. First run for the car outside my backyard.

IMG20220615114824_compress17.thumb.jpg.92cc4eb72a9e0e6f03ae8165f3a9f6ce.jpg

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Stickers on!

I feel like the Top Force would look better if the green was pulled from the stickers... it just seems a bit starkly cheesy compared to how magical PS-17 is as a base color.

20220614_210103-02.jpeg

I like the contrast.  Basically I only use 3 colors on my bodies.. different shades of green is one color so for me, you’re still well within.

Basically my brain can only comprehend up to 3 main colors at once, otherwise it becomes a ‘going bonkers with color’ kind of scheme similar to a rainbow.  Which is fine, just not my thing.  

@moffman  On my cars that I drive very little, sensors are helpful as my brain does not remember the exact perimeter of the car due to lack of driving..! 

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I like the contrast.  Basically I only use 3 colors on my bodies.. different shades of green is one color so for me, you’re still well within.

Basically my brain can only comprehend up to 3 main colors at once, otherwise it becomes a ‘going bonkers with color’ kind of scheme similar to a rainbow.  Which is fine, just not my thing.  

@moffman  On my cars that I drive very little, sensors are helpful as my brain does not remember the exact perimeter of the car due to lack of driving..! 

I wish I didn't do much driving but im the complete opposite and the end of the working week I can't wait so I have a couple of days where I'm not driving! And because I drive many thousands of miles a year law of averages obviously say I breakdown more and when that happens it's never the vehicles mechanical parts its always......yes the "sensor" for something on the vehicle!

59 minutes ago, moffman said:

I wish I didn't do much driving but im the complete opposite and the end of the working week I can't wait so I have a couple of days where I'm not driving! And because I drive many thousands of miles a year law of averages obviously say I breakdown more and when that happens it's never the vehicles mechanical parts its always......yes the "sensor" for something on the vehicle!

I can see that!   Frustrating.  

On a normal year pre-pandemic, I was driving about 18-20K miles a year including rental cars I take from the airport on my business trips.   

Now days I only commute 2-3 days a week and no business trips yet since replaced mostly by Teams meetings.   So in total including my weekend leisure drives, I do about 9-10k miles(?) a year.  I own 5 cars right now,  so my hobby cars get driven like 1-2k miles before placed back in hibernation for the winter.   So sensors and cameras are my friend.  :lol:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I can see that!   Frustrating.  

On a normal year pre-pandemic, I was driving about 18-20K miles a year including rental cars I take from the airport on my business trips.   

Now days I only commute 2-3 days a week and no business trips yet since replaced mostly by Teams meetings.   So in total including my weekend leisure drives, I do about 9-10k miles(?) a year.  I own 5 cars right now,  so my hobby cars get driven like 1-2k miles before placed back in hibernation for the winter.   So sensors and cameras are my friend.  :lol:

Oh what I would give to do 10k a year I'm more 100k a year but look on the bright side its not my vehicle I use:D

• Haha 2

Not sure how I could forget, but I opened my last NIB GF01 only to realize this kit comes with Billy.. why I went out and bought 2.. oh well, I’ll paint him and install in my Mini Cooper too.   :D

IMG_2022-6-15-183800.jpg.d4a192466057787437ba426483e51f6b.jpg

Update.. getting ready to close up the halves.  :D 

IMG_2022-6-15-204530.jpg.299d76549afa8955fb80e45fba7e0082.jpg

Final update for the day.. got the gear case/chassis assembled.  Running a Torque Tuned motor with 19T pinion.  

IMG_2022-6-15-214105.jpg.04b16b6f8f1de04790ebcbbde9f953bb.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Today I went to the dust/gravel car park at my local park. It's a pretty hostile environment, so it's usually empty even on a hot day like today.

I took my QD, testing out the 12T motor with a 6 x AA 7.2 power pack. Runs pretty well, although wasn't getting the wheelies I was expecting with the lower turn motor. Probably need to play with punch, timing and gluing wheels. 

n0raIFw.jpg?1

What an awesome place to run! Get some corner markers for a track layout and it would be a real blast.

It could be that the 6xAA is starving the motor during hard acceleration. Playing with the ESC voltage cut-off can give you some hints. Having it disabled would let the battery provide any power available to the motor, which could be insufficient under high-power demand. Having the cut-off enabled will trigger if indeed the motor is starved.

This is what happens when I run a 6xAAA pack on anything other than a T3-01, say a TT-02. With voltage cut-off disabled all punch is lost, while having it enabled makes it totally undrivable. The T3-01 however, is a rocket with the 6xAAA pack since it's a very light vehicle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OoALEJOoO said:

What an awesome place to run! Get some corner markers for a track layout and it would be a real blast.

It could be that the 6xAA is starving the motor during hard acceleration. Playing with the ESC voltage cut-off can give you some hints. Having it disabled would let the battery provide any power available to the motor, which could be insufficient under high-power demand. Having the cut-off enabled will trigger if indeed the motor is starved.

This is what happens when I run a 6xAAA pack on anything other than a T3-01, say a TT-02. With voltage cut-off disabled all punch is lost, while having it enabled makes it totally undrivable. The T3-01 however, is a rocket with the 6xAAA pack since it's a very light vehicle.

Thanks. I am using the Ezrun 2030 motor, which I thought being so tiny would be a little less power hungry, but I think you might very well be correct. 

When I first got the car I was using a 9.6v battery and 18T motor, which worked fine. However now it feels the current drain might be too high. It's still speedy, but lacks punch, although 12T @7.2 v should give a higher RPM than the 18T @9.6 but taking more current than the battery can supply at acceleration.

I also think battery quality may play a big part. The 9.6 volt pack I originally had broke, and I am sure it's never been as punchy since with the new brand.

I may go back to a 9.6v pack, buying the original brand I picked up, as I remember wheelies on grass with no effort. I'd rather not go down larger cell route, as I want to keep the look of the battery bays intact. 

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Thanks. I am using the Ezrun 2030 motor, which I thought being so tiny would be a little less power hungry, but I think you might very well be correct. 

When I first got the car I was using a 9.6v battery and 18T motor, which worked fine. However now it feels the current drain might be too high. It's still speedy, but lacks punch, although 12T @7.2 v should give a higher RPM than the 18T @9.6 but taking more current than the battery can supply at acceleration.

I also think battery quality may play a big part. The 9.6 volt pack I originally had broke, and I am sure it's never been as punchy since with the new brand.

I may go back to a 9.6v pack, buying the original brand I picked up, as I remember wheelies on grass with no effort. I'd rather not go down larger cell route, as I want to keep the look of the battery bays intact. 

How the pack is made also makes a big difference. Resistance between cells needs to be kept to a minimum in order to squeeze all available power from these smaller AA or AAA batteries.

I have two 6xAAA packs, both using NiMh Tenergy AAA cells. One has the cells soldered (crappy job done by myself using bits of 14AWG wire) and the second one uses a cheap ebay plastic cradle holder where the AAA are inserted in. The soldered pack has waaaay more punch on the T3-01 and MF-01X Nissan Truck (80T motor) than the holder pack.

EDIT: Pic below:

6xAAA.JPG

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Busdriver said:

A lot of L&L stickers are just a bit off. For you level of detail I think they would be a disaster. 

100% agree with this @Yoshimitsu ^^^^^^