Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought I'd cheer myself up as its my birthday tomorrow so I've treated myself to a new Bkackfoot 3 kit. Haven't done a new build out of a box for almost a year so I'm looking forward to that new kit smell :D Just waiting on the postman now, fingers crossed its tomorrow!

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Mr Crispy :D Hope your kackfoot :unsure::P:D arrives in time.

:D Oh dear, hope that's not a sign of how it performs. I'll enjoy the build anyway.

Thought I'd cheer myself up as its my birthday tomorrow so I've treated myself to a new Bkackfoot 3 kit. Haven't done a new build out of a box for almost a year so I'm looking forward to that new kit smell :D Just waiting on the postman now, fingers crossed its tomorrow!

Happy Birthday to you, Squashed tomatoes and stew

Did the postman bring a kackfoot for you?

In a word... no :(

Got the metal geared servo tho :) just waiting for something to fit it to!

Paid for a new built Vanquish, an unexpected impulse buy, should look nice alongside the Avante.

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to you, Squashed tomatoes and stew

Did the postman bring a kackfoot for you?

The Kackfoot has landed! :D

I've spent all morning going back and forth about buying a sailboat. I grew up actually sailing and for whatever reason, I saw this yesterday and it jumped out at me. Now I'm going to pull out whatever hair I have left debating on the purchase. Anyone here sail? I don't want to hijack the thread so please feel free to PM me the good/bad of your experience and what kind of boat you sail.

20121255434_zps9b07f80d.jpg

20121252624_zps59825b81.jpg

Changed the speaker on my Heng Long Walker Bulldog for a far better Taigen item - vast improvement in volume and sound quality . Fitted the proportional smoke unit - PITA to get it to work . Had to take it apart and grease all the gears/moving parts in order to get it working properly but its now far better than the standard item and produces far more realistic smoke . Then i set about detailing the body adding loads of stowage . 50cal ammo on a roof mounted rack / 30cal ammo on the front right fender , extra jerry cans , crates , helmets ect ect and cammo nets ropped here and there . This really gives it a much better ' well used and abused ' look .

I then set about finishing the weathing using Tamiya rust , soot and some dark red earth coloured dust powder / eye shadow nicked from the wifes make up box :lol: . Just need to take the metal tracks off and give them a light coat of satin black( their just too new looking IMO ) and this bad boy will be ready to rumble .

I did a bit of shopping, 3 speed truck all there and in great shape, RC10 chassis for a later project and everybody needs vintage 956 stickers.

DSCN0074.jpg

Changed the speaker on my Heng Long Walker Bulldog for a far better Taigen item - vast improvement in volume and sound quality . Fitted the proportional smoke unit - PITA to get it to work . Had to take it apart and grease all the gears/moving parts in order to get it working properly but its now far better than the standard item and produces far more realistic smoke . Then i set about detailing the body adding loads of stowage . 50cal ammo on a roof mounted rack / 30cal ammo on the front right fender , extra jerry cans , crates , helmets ect ect and cammo nets ropped here and there . This really gives it a much better ' well used and abused ' look .

I then set about finishing the weathing using Tamiya rust , soot and some dark red earth coloured dust powder / eye shadow nicked from the wifes make up box :lol: . Just need to take the metal tracks off and give them a light coat of satin black( their just too new looking IMO ) and this bad boy will be ready to rumble .

Would love to see some photos of this tank! Have you posted them somewhere I'm missing?

Cheers,

Skottoman

Spent several hours running through ideas for a basic pan car chassis to use under a Taiyo beach buggy shell - managed to take 24mm out of the width of a F103 rear axle and coupled to narrower f104 wheels its probably 50mm or more narrower now than a stock f103 rear end. Have ordered some RM-01 part sprues which may give me more opportunity :D

Fixed the cracks on two of the super champ shells.. :D Sorted the srb packs that are sitting around in bags.. Bag of bits... :)

Great job on the Tyrrell.

Just finished cutting a lexan beetle shell - hard going in places with varying thickness :(

Well just over 8 years since I completed the chassis(!) today I finished painting and decaling tyyrell p34. Used racing blue as the colour, and left off the first national bank sponsor decals as I don't like them.

IMGP9566.jpg

other pics here:

http://www.tamiyaclu...048&sid=684

That looks great and such an interesting car. I remember when it made it's debut, the car not the model.

Bought a DB-01R chassis - ideal way to get some TRF shocks for reasonable money ;)

I need to think about selling some other cars though - the other half ain't going to be happy with this and a VW Wheelie arriving and the number of other cars in bits in the study - even after paying for all her shopping spree last week I'm still not on good ground :(

I cleaned and cleaned on the bruiser, installed a 2.4 radio and sorted the electrical. Got all 4 lights to work and put in a high torque servo for the steering. I found a stripped thread on the tranny shift linkage and turned and retapped a new one. I also painted the bottom of the bed semigloss black and replaced a worn U joint. I'll be ordering a new window and rear bumper for it. Replaced the MSC with an ESC and removed the servo of course'

I was very skeptical of all the rave reviews for the 3 speed trucks but after driving it around quite a bit I no longer am. It crawls quite well for the chassis design and drives like a truck when it should. I really can see why people enjoy these so much, it's a lot of fun.

I have an old school axial body I'll be doing up for this so as not to roll that vintage body. I also need to do the shift gate for the transmitter, that's an important little bit with the way it shifts.

DSCN0077.jpg

Bought a DB-01R chassis - ideal way to get some TRF shocks for reasonable money ;)

I need to think about selling some other cars though - the other half ain't going to be happy with this and a VW Wheelie arriving and the number of other cars in bits in the study - even after paying for all her shopping spree last week I'm still not on good ground :(

A bit of rationalizing a car purchase going on there, next you'll need new shocks for the DB ;)

Have you tried to sway the other half with a small Mercedes or something to her tastes? it's hard to get into the dog house if you can get them involved. Just a thought

Here's a good rationalization. The LHS was closing out all the car bodies not for cars they sold. So I picked up a couple that were discounted, they were on sale so not too much money. Oops, they don't fit anything here. So buying the street devil was a rational move to utilize the bodies I already have right? :o

I bought her current 1:1 car - you'd think she'dbe happy ;)

In a dilemna now though - having rebuilt and pretty much hopped up a DB-01 to almost R spec, i now have the genuine article coming my way !

Selling the Twin Detonator and Blitzer Beetle might save my neck lol!

Wyatt (my 5 yr old) and I took a romp around the 'hood with the 'hopper (mine from childhood, restored it for him for Christmas. It's about to get a proper paint job) and my Fox which I just got running again (also from childhood, this body is from a recent fox I picked up, just waiting on my new wing to paint my original body).

We had a blast and blew through a few packs, and even foud some sweet spots.

73766_10151225771104599_1206784195_n.jpg

• Like 1

Today I reaffirmed my affection for rally racing by putting a very reasonable amount of money in for a Lancia Rally; my thanks to the TC member who made this all possible. Even if eventually picking it up from the postal distribution centre turns into a journey (it is near the outskirts of town), I am still very excited for this one!

I took a break from RC for about 6 months and now I've been back in it. Changing shock oils, retuning here and there, and running my DB01 frequently.

Today I ran it in the snow/ice/rain. Not very smart considering my electronics is not waterproof but in those conditions I use my Baldre shell since it does a good job of keeping stuff out.

dscn0608c.jpg

dscn0613cd.jpg

I've started to re-build my Mardave V12 Caterham with full ball bearings and replacement motor after I wore out the front kingpins and hub carriers !