Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just watching TamiyaRCLive from 4 days ago.. good to hear about their successful family event they hosted in a local Shizuoka park earlier this Summer.  Lots of participants and passerby‘s joining the event.  :D 

Mr. Tamiya CEO was present at the event.   I need to visit one of these events and shake hands.. (bow) :lol:

IMG_2022-6-30-083814.jpg.6d61852db5c206bad24964c17491a4b2.jpg

Jun-san introducing his new shop in Chiba Tsuganuma  near Tokyo DisneyLand.. :D  Will check this out next time I’m in Japan. 

IMG_2022-6-30-085045.jpg.5d778be14dc1e3a93d9288691e0482e5.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Frankster said:

Hi @Ziddan would it be easier to use the regular TT-02 suspension and arms?   Just look at the TT-02T truck manual on how to raise the suspension. 
https://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/tt02t.pdf

I could but id have to order parts, filament/a 3d printer i have at home already and the TT02B uprights are fine :)

Plus i like the tinkering.

• Like 2

Mounted new tires… love that look

A184818D-52C3-4DB3-8FE3-35B56A132A7B.thumb.jpeg.b4764a9e2119f18d1dcb22d9eef4875e.jpeg86431DCD-709D-4D26-994D-A65F15E4E564.jpeg.a8d1f78dd4e3c617d953dd2931f9d09e.jpegF9C260D4-9C00-4881-905B-D72EE8776526.thumb.jpeg.9f16bcf0c90e713d1094b368014ed1a0.jpeg

• Like 10

After a total fail with T plugs I picked up some Tamiya connectors and wire, Saturday's job.

Does anyone know the right crimper to crimp tamiya connectors please? I know they can be soldered in but crimping seems much faster. 

49841529783_f6f5a0a091_b.jpg

I got my rally beetle & dual rider out of storage to sell but I can’t bring myself to do it.

49586701763_1bf9af36cc_b.jpg

Dude!

Now dreaming about turning the MF01X in to a Ford Ranger & using the portals from @Nikko85 :D 

& here it is, without the portals:

49975033951_2d0dff7042_b.jpg

• Like 9

@Nikko85 I use Molex crimper tool 1424A on Amazon.  I use it for the Tamiya connectors and the snap connectors (Tamiya's bullet connectors for motors).  GL!  :D 

On 6/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, SlideWRX said:

I fixed the steering on my DT-02 so there is almost no bump steer.  ...I have a 3d version of the steering I worked up on the way from the 3D printers to see if I can offer it online.

Success!  Parts fit well.  I had to file the top down a bit to fit under the brace.  Took it for a spin in the back yard, actually aiming for the roots and trees a bit to see if anything would break... All good!  managed one hit hard enough to pop the turnbuckle off, but it survived well.

IMG_1625cropResize.jpg.4054c42bd85c95a3da506836ea879136.jpg

IMG_1628Resize.jpg.522e9a52375eba2ed4ef84133be55356.jpgIMG_1626Resize.jpg.d219efee39ff78c478460f94668df2bc.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, J@mes said:

Love that bug, I wouldn’t be able to sell it either 👍🏻

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Love that bug, I wouldn’t be able to sell it either 👍🏻

Always liked this one. Although it’s a simple livery I know how difficult it is to get that yellow sticker right. You nailed it. Get yourself a bag M06 to store it on!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, J@mes said:

I got my rally beetle & dual rider out of storage to sell but I can’t bring myself to do it.

49586701763_1bf9af36cc_b.jpg

Dude!

Now dreaming about turning the MF01X in to a Ford Ranger & using the portals from @Nikko85 :D 

& here it is, without the portals:

49975033951_2d0dff7042_b.jpg

Looks fantastic. Would be great as a crawler but looks immense as is.

MF01x is a great platform. 

10 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Nikko85 I use Molex crimper tool 1424A on Amazon.  I use it for the Tamiya connectors and the snap connectors (Tamiya's bullet connectors for motors).  GL!  :D 

Thanks purchased some now. Being able to neatly crimp batteries and bullet connectors will be great.

I've got a couple if Li Ions to neaten up and a couple of ESC to do to. For some reason a messy solder monitor connected wire, even if hidden, really annoys me.

So I decided to make my FF-01R shelf-queen a runner again. I've had some spare new electronics kept in boxes and pulled them out today while I finish my isolation from covid.
Installed Tamiya TBLE-02s ESC, SPT 4412LV servo, Surpass 27t brushed motor and Radiolink RX. Shortened lots of wires and replaced ESC connectors to bullet for the motor and deans for the battery. I also opened my bnew Clio wheels and mounted with Tamiya radial tires. This FF-01 has been with me since 1996 and it originally came with the Renault Clio body and wheel set.

0k0SuhNh.jpg

Ul8vRcVh.jpg

3iPbl2Bh.jpg

edY1bhHh.jpg

3aXJUnYh.jpg

cbUaVUbh.jpg

qJTSZc9h.jpg

1Npwa69h.jpg

cpZaa0Lh.jpg

L09e1Vih.jpg

5sVcLo3h.jpg

ijqlACdh.jpg

SDmAufMh.jpg

• Like 6

Today was the first day since I got promoted so I decided to buy this. I wasn’t going to but the seller dropped the price and I might not see one at this price again.

52185891151_3126abcf4f_b.jpg

I really do need to stop buying now and do more building.

Oh, I bought a MF-01x chassis too (no body).

Now I’m done ;) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

Now I’m done ;) 

🤣😂🤣 yeah right.. 

Nice pick up on the HCT though, a re-re on that would be good.

Congratulations on your promotion 👍🏻

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

5sVcLo3h.jpg

Geez bud, your chassis’s must be some of the smartest around, they look just as good without a body on. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Re-Bugged said:

🤣😂🤣 yeah right.. 

Nice pick up on the HCT though, a re-re on that would be good.

Congratulations on your promotion 👍🏻

Thanks! Although I do feel like I’ve signed my life away ;) 

The HCT was $300. Considering the prices I’ve seen on eBay it seemed  rude not to buy it ;) It’s not as good as the original due to the wheelbase change but still cool!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GeeWings said:

The HCT was $300.

Bargain 👍🏻

I completed and took out my Radio Shack 4x4. Usually I take bodies from broken Taiyo/Radio Shacks/Tandy and put on a Tamiya Chassis; this one is the opposite,  a Tamiya QD beetle body on a Radio Shack.

The Radio Shack intruder is very close to a 4x4 version of the Tamiya QD series. The only real drawback is that the plastics aren't quite as nice, and it doesn't take bearings. Because of this when I upgraded the electronics I kept the speed low with a brushed high torque 390 motor. I kept the AA batteries in place with a HW1060. The awful stock "servo" was replaced with a cheap Amazon servo, as I don't want too much power going through the steering system.

The low gear is a little over a fast walk, and it is very low geared, meaning it can tear through really thick grass with ease. The high gear is still pretty low, so this isn't a speedy car by any means. In the end I've ended up with something similar to the GF01TR for a fraction of the price.

hnB0a8A.jpg

NpE1RCi.jpg

JuLVQNJ.jpg

I am surprisingly taken by it, not really a fan of the QD beetle - but someone with this livery on this chassis and wheels it seems to work. Remove the massive engine at the back also helps I think - this one has the real engine visible. 

I still need to add a lower front bumper and Egdarmon but pretty much completed. 

• Like 5

@Nikko85 Look great mate, another nice build.

I’m trying to decide which crossover next. There’s a guy with a jumbo van that I’m trying to bargain down so I could do the kind of off road one I locked up before. Also got a couple of 4x4 bodies to restore. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GeeWings said:

@Nikko85 Look great mate, another nice build.

I’m trying to decide which crossover next. There’s a guy with a jumbo van that I’m trying to bargain down so I could do the kind of off road one I locked up before. Also got a couple of 4x4 bodies to restore. 

Thanks, they are a little bit addictive aren't they...

The Tandy/Radio Shack Classic 4x4 bodies are by far my favourite, they work really well for a QD/GF01/WR02 sized monster truck, but also fit perfectly on a shortened MF01x. That being said, I've got a soft spot for the Ford F100 too.

I'd love  a QD Jeep, so I can make a Jurassic Park Monster Truck, that's next on the list! 

7 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I'd love  a QD Jeep, so I can make a Jurassic Park Monster Truck, that's next on the list! 

I look forward to that! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I look forward to that! 

Need to find a decent Jeep body first - The QD is the obvious choice, but hard to find - I keep thinking there must be some toy I could use, but most of the scales are 1/16 and too small - if I can get my hands on a QD jeep I'll be away. Although I'd be tempted to put it on a MF01x on even a buggy for a more scale look, I think the Monster Trucks are just too fun. Also I've got long grass in my tiny garden, and most of my park is longish grass, so the MF01x is more limited.

Making my next two driver figures for my Mini Coopers.. Billy and Willy.. I need to get 5 more.. :blink: :lol:

IMG_2022-7-1-085823.jpg.cdfbcca2ea92fac54135bccdfad25e20.jpg

@Nikko85 I think that Beetle body looks fine.   Good job.  Love mine too.  :D 

IMG_Aug112021at41945PM.jpg.6ba289ccd5d5c3af55c3b6725e594c6a.jpg

I will be doing another SandScorcher based Beetle body soon.. might be comical, might not.. not sure yet what I am going to do.. 

Update, heading down to my ghetto portable junk paint booth to get some paint on the Stigs.. :D 

IMG_2022-7-1-144423.jpg.5b138422c1f80f2d2cfe3f8027cb2e67.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1