Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Re-Bugged I use the 303 Interior and Exterior protectant for vinyl and rubber on the RC tires.   :D   Another product I like is Prima Nero..also water based, less luster.  

So in other news.. more bandwidth contamination for the internets.. I apologize in advance.. :ph34r:  

Started brush painting.. or at least pretend to know what I am doing.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-7-27-094224.jpg.56b3b5531c7061e3a729b0de1d3412a7.jpg

Update.. I hit a snag on the window gasket as my brush painting was more visible than I thought even through the glass.   And before my wife deducts points and reminds me I’m just an average guy at best, I went back and removed the paint, sprayed it with TS semi-gloss black.   Will give it a few hours to dry.

In parallel, I think I decided on my pump’s logo.  :lol:

IMG_2022-7-27-115623.jpg.2d7c38dc3adcd8575164d61ddfce8cd3.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Designed and printed a replacement bumper for my TF2. After doing the axle flip, my organic bumper becomes an issue with approach angle for crawling. Tossed some heavy coats of Plastidip rubberized spray coating because I don't want it to look "new" because the truck looks old and abused.

I think it came out pretty good, and no longer gets hung up on the approach angle.

20220725-101332.jpg

20220725-101325.jpg

And a pic of the old organic bumper, which I do miss. Now it sits in the bed of the truck.

20220721-180846.jpg

-RC Perspective

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Re-Bugged I use the 303 Interior and Exterior protectant for vinyl and rubber on the RC tires.   :D   Another product I like is Prima Nero..also water based, less luster.  

So in other news.. more bandwidth contamination for the internets.. I apologize in advance.. :ph34r:  

Started brush painting.. or at least pretend to know what I am doing.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-7-27-094224.jpg.56b3b5531c7061e3a729b0de1d3412a7.jpg

Man that thing is looking good!

-RC Perspective

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

Man that thing is looking good!

-RC Perspective

Thanks!  Should see the other side.. looks like crap! jk :lol:

• Haha 1

@RC Perspective Dang.. nice bumper you made there!  Kind of a Hummer vibe, I think?

I too liked the wooden bumper you had before too..  New one is good too. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

@RC Perspective Dang.. nice bumper you made there!  Kind of a Hummer vibe, I think?

I too liked the wooden bumper you had before too..  New one is good too. 

One of the guys on a crawler forum I'm on recently made one out of metal. Me being lazy I got some measurements off him and just printed one and added some beveled edges to it :lol:

I will miss the organic bumper, as I was only one of 2 people with one at the last big Scale Truck event <_<

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

One of the guys on a crawler forum I'm on recently made one out of metal. Me being lazy I got some measurements off him and just printed one and added some beveled edges to it :lol:

I will miss the organic bumper, as I was only one of 2 people with one at the last big Scale Truck event <_<

-RC Perspective

Haha!  :D  I looks good so why not, right?

Since I have no 3D design nor printing talent, I would need to make that bumper out of aluminum.   

• Like 1

Just now, Willy iine said:

Haha!  :D  I looks good so why not, right?

Since I have no 3D design nor printing talent, I would need to make that bumper out of aluminum.   

Before getting a 3D printer I used to fabricate everything as well. Though there are some things that are better made by the classic fabrication; a 3D printer really opens up the possibilities. 

Can't wait to start the new job as I'll be getting a quality printer, so I'll have many, many more good designs as I've put so many bandaids on the current printer, it's literally held together with hopes and dreams :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

Before getting a 3D printer I used to fabricate everything as well. Though there are some things that are better made by the classic fabrication; a 3D printer really opens up the possibilities. 

Can't wait to start the new job as I'll be getting a quality printer, so I'll have many, many more good designs as I've put so many bandaids on the current printer, it's literally held together with hopes and dreams :lol:

-RC Perspective

Dang man.. if my mom would’ve stirred up the smart gene pool with my older brother before he and I were born.   She gave all the smart and good looks to him and just the left over crusty gunk to me.  :lol:

He looks like George Clooney.   I look like a box the UPS guy stepped on.. :ph34r: :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Dang man.. if my mom would’ve stirred up the smart gene pool with my older brother before he and I were born.   She gave all the smart and good looks to him and just the left over crusty gunk to me.  :lol:

He looks like George Clooney.   I look like a box the UPS guy stepped on.. :ph34r: :lol:

I seem to have gotten the looks and the smarts, but not so sure that's a good thing after 38 years :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RC Perspective said:

I seem to have gotten the looks and the smarts, but not so sure that's a good thing after 38 years :lol:

-RC Perspective

Well, I’m jelly that’s for sure.   You’re using your talent to good use so that’s fantastic. :D 

• Thanks 1

Finished up the vintage gas pump and posted pictures in the gallery thread.  Please check them out when you have time.  :D

Going to clean up my pretend RC shop later today after a break and perhaps start my Optima MID build Friday.  B)

• Like 2

The Manta was still by the front door from the other day so, knowing I was going to have a couple hours free between stuff to do in the morning, I just chucked it in the car so I could be ready to go the instant I was free. That park I went to boasted a bunch of gentle rolling hills, so it was possible to try a few long jumps. Too bad the grass was quite tall, but it was still enjoyable.
Good timing too, since the moment I was done wrapping it up a whole bunch of bored looking kids came sworming the place 😅

Screenshot-20220727-000946-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220727-001141-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220727-001207-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220727-002344-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220727-002513-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220727-002137-Video-Player.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

-RC Perspective

Well at least you're modest mate... bahahaha!:lol:

• Haha 1

I've posted a number of merchandise orders for a client:

lZXNl4N.jpg

Took delivery of some race trophies for the same client & one other:

wMk10N3.jpg

As well as some more parts for my spec racer and KRv4.1 builds:

9IiDu8h.jpg

And my 1:1 car killed itself. Head gasket & bottom end knock at the same time! :angry:

Luke

16 hours ago, FoxShot said:

Not RC related.

Experienced seeing a dead body in the bushes yesterday.

The man whose dogs found it just outside East Surrey Hospital had 1% battery on his phone, asked to use mine. i was just sitting on the bench in the grounds sending a message to my brothers. My Dad is in there. Been there 2 weeks

Had to describe it to the police operator, and wit till they arrived. Didnt look natural causes at all. Been there a couple days I would think. Had flies....

Yeah, wasn't really a very pleasant thing. 

Holy **** balls mate!:o That sounds really messed up. An awful experience I'm sure, how you holding up mate?

7 hours ago, RC Perspective said:

20220721-180846.jpg

-RC Perspective

This reminds of the Hilux Top Gear couldn’t kill 👍🏻

EB055C28-F2AD-4429-9A2C-6359180B53DD.md.

Thanks for the tip on the 303 @Willy iine, as it happens I picked up the Interior & Exterior while I was there, lucky, love it when a plan comes together 😁

Gas pump looks great too 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Thanks for the tip on the 303 @Willy iine, as it happens I picked up the Interior & Exterior while I was there, lucky, love it when a plan comes together 😁

No problem, and thanks on the gas pump!  :D  

• Like 1

Finished up the comical hopper with a total of 5 coats of PC-8. The old paint is really hard to airbrush, very lumpy clogging up the airbrush frequently. Still it is done. Looks OK if not held up to the light. 

kftugUO.jpg

or4TSx7.jpg

ATM, I decided not to put my usual primer on as I am not sure if a backing coat will make the poor coverage show up. Comments? 

Got a start with stickering as well. Left the masks on while I ponder the backing coat or not question. 

2ZKxzJ8.jpg

Prefer to do a yellow hopper as this green is actually an almost color match for the lower green on the sticker stripes but went for it still as it is the very few PC paints still available to buy (others are pink and darker metallic green) and as some of you will know, I have great difficulties getting any dangerous goods. Only TTM will deliver them and I do not have enough to build up a £35 basket to get free delivery. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

This reminds of the Hilux Top Gear couldn’t kill 👍🏻

EB055C28-F2AD-4429-9A2C-6359180B53DD.md.

Not gonna lie, I thought real hard about building that :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Well at least you're modest mate... bahahaha!:lol:

I try to be humble and modest, though that doesn't always work as I'm Italian and Irish. Helluva combo :lol:

-RC Perspective

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, RC Perspective said:

I try to be humble and modest, though that doesn't always work as I'm Italian and Irish. Helluva combo :lol:

-RC Perspective

You could have some very passionate debates with yourself ;) 

• Haha 3

Well sick of being inside getting cabin fever, I decided to drive to my LHS for a few bits. I was there 30mins and my back was in that much pain I had to leave, normally I can be there for hours.

I grabbed a tin of paint (still not sure about the colour) for the Lotus which I HOPE turns up tomorrow... and some bearings. My Nephew has a TT02 skyline (with the white chassis) so I picked him up a motor heatsink as he is running 3s on a TLBE-02s, with no alarm (that's the first thing I was hoping to find!). I think I may have to give him a 1060 before he burns his mums house down. 🙄

• Like 2