Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So for me, deciding whether to do the Blockhead Motors WildOne or Turbo Scorpion to fill my RC shelf.. 

I will be doing the black edition Egress so only have one more spot available.. what do you think?  (might be a question for @moffman for recommendation :DTIA! )

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

Someone says, this material toughness enough for 1/10.

In my opinion, this model is not very well made in terms of durability.

I will try to assess the suitability of the resin for use on this scale.

Ill be looking forward to seeing any results you get, have printed some FDM rims that, when printed with a good number of walls/tops/bottoms seem to be quite durable but i also have a resin printer which would deliver much nicer looking results.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:09 AM, Ziddan said:

Today ive remixed, printed and painted up a head for the driver of my Desert Scorcher:

IMG_20220806_124812.jpg.aa177d90ceba368292062f275a71cf5e.jpg

Me likes this guy a lot! 🤠:lol: totally cool character, well done!

• Like 1

I got my corrugated plastic sheets for my display wall, so I cut to size and laid down the first drywall house paint coat.  Will give it a few more coats and blot at the end to give it some drywall texture.  :D 

Wish me hope.. :ph34r:  (my son said I suck at painting..  :lol:)

IMG_2022-8-7-114540.jpg.6d51ae2edd25cb573c0afea28db8ae0c.jpg

Update.. Panels are all done.. will apply some foam on the frame and slide these in.  :D  

IMG_2022-8-7-140925.jpg.499196f67a53b014d44547e494d71235.jpg

Last update for this post.. got the wall loosely fitted.  This is the angle most people would see when entering my pretend RC shop.  

I think I like it. :D  Could be just luck, but my pretend artist son, who suggested the wall, appears to know what he’s talking about.. 

IMG_2022-8-7-144717.jpg.a3468bfe5ad2af250accf2d73984a245.jpg

Will decorate the walls next.  B)

BTW, this is how the backside looks like.   The walls are removable, just placed between foam rails held in place with a strong magnet at the top (might see tiny magnets with rings in the center tops).. :D 

IMG_2022-8-7-174810.jpg.743f970aa53ded4b1623e82f7db100f4.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 8

This was yesterday, the day before, and basically everyday all the way back to last Monday! It's been a long week at work, with a lot being done but certainly not free of frustration, which would leave me eager to go for a bash first thing afterwards. The Manta Ray has been painstakingly solid in her after-work running duties, covering all of the aforementioned outings by herself (feeling too "in the moment" to take the time to switch to another car, I guess? :P). The buggy did undergo some serious bashing in all sorts of places around the city, most of which were new playgrounds to me. By the end I was expecting the Manta to be ripe for the heavy facelift I have planned for her, but she kept coming back in one piece... So that can still wait.

I gotta say, I'm surprised by how relatively tough the car has become at this point (but I need a new servo saver...ahah). Even if by now she's a far cry from the spik and span bling of back when she was freshly built, I still love her looks, weathered by years of adventures ^_^

20220802-204019.jpg

Screenshot-20220803-203357-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220804-202938-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220804-203226-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220804-204615-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220804-202719-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20220803-202423-Video-Player.

• Like 4

Its basic color of my main resin (Siraya Tech ABS-like fast grey). Coloring resin - my next step in sla printing.

It's primed and polished quite well.

(On the photo - after printing and uv drying, no post-processing)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

By the end I was expecting the Manta to be ripe for the heavy facelift I have planned for her, but she kept coming back in one piece... So that can still wait.

Awesome mate. Sounds like she's a strong performer and has been giving you the stress relief you needed... is she your RC hooker?:ph34r:

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

Its basic color of my main resin (Siraya Tech ABS-like fast grey). Coloring resin - my next step in sla printing.

It's primed and polished quite well.

(On the photo - after printing and uv drying, no post-processing)

Looking forward to your progress!  That's a clean print.  Do you print at home or do you have someone print your designs for you?

@Ferruz nice action shots as always!  Looks like you had a great time.  :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished my first Porsche/TT01-E. it’s a non box art VIP Cup racer. Usual bearings, oil shocks and pinion but with a 13.5t brushless motor. It’s in Core RC metallic graphite paint with the red accents being Tamiya Mica red. Those eagle eyed members will notice that the rear spoiler is not the kit one, in fact it’s the one from the Europa. This body isn’t the prettiest Porsche but at least the wheelbase fits!!! D6B9FB40-80F7-4E29-8035-12C05244B2DC.jpg 8A42856A-4294-449C-A164-762603CA38F5.jpg

• Like 5

I got some non-permanent poster mounting tape to straighten these awful bloating lines.. :blink:  

IMG_2022-8-7-140846.jpg.9e3d3171f1850fb551dd7853a67226df.jpg

Straightened the box lids while waiting for the paint to dry..  :D   

Sorry about the horrible color balance.. I need to wait until night time so that I don't have two different light temperatures..  

IMG_2022-8-7-140911.jpg.6ce604daa1f2915b9ebf2eadd2575fdb.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Looking forward to your progress!  That's a clean print.  Do you print at home or do you have someone print your designs for you?

Thx.

I print at home. Printer Anycubic Photon

16599002836637776816453172126218.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

@Willy iine serious approach to the task B)

:lol: My approach is dwarfed by your professional grade products!  

My wife laughed when I told her everyone is making their own 3D parts these days!  It's only me it seems making silly things out of plasticard cause that is the only way I sort of know how.. :ph34r:  so obsolete..

Nice printer you got there!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

:lol: My approach is dwarfed by your professional grade products!  

My wife laughed when I told her everyone is making their own 3D parts these days!  It's only me it seems making silly things out of plasticard cause that is the only way I sort of know how.. :ph34r:  so obsolete..

Nice printer you got there!!

You are absolutely wrong that the method is obsolete!  I started 3D modeling because I just couldn't do it with my hands.  I tried several times and it ended in fiasco :wacko:  I respect people who can and know how to do things by hands. 

• Thanks 1

Today I was looking through old photos and found one unfinished project.  I apologize for the offtop, it was not made today, but in 2019. I understand that this car was not in service with the US, but I really wanted to do something in this spirit) Maybe I will use this coloring on one of my future Wild One 1/24.

I don't understand much about the symbols of the US army.  so if any elements are off topic, please point it out

IMG-592671af247e0009c46c808b7b6e0feb-V.jpg

28 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

Today I was looking through old photos and found one unfinished project.  I apologize for the offtop, it was not made today, but in 2019. I understand that this car was not in service with the US, but I really wanted to do something in this spirit) Maybe I will use this coloring on one of my future Wild One 1/24.

I don't understand much about the symbols of the US army.  so if any elements are off topic, please point it out

IMG-592671af247e0009c46c808b7b6e0feb-V.jpg

Nice!  I made a non-Tamiya buggy a while back to go with my Willy M38 theme.. this was some cheap 1:10 RTR I got from Amazon.. I swapped out the electronics so that I can use my usual transmitter and installed better ESC, servo.  

IMG_Aug52021at82219AM.jpg.7abfb582b3055b2ce406df67591627f9.jpg

IMG_Aug22021at43312PM.jpg.58d522ddc458800b7dfe8d514aae868d.jpg

• Like 2

@Willy iine

I can already see that I used the wrong color, looking at your models) but the buggy turned out to be original) 

In your projects you use sandy color  simultaneously with khaki. Its for look or is that what the military actually does? 

16 minutes ago, SimTechRC said:

@Willy iine

I can already see that I used the wrong color, looking at your models) but the buggy turned out to be original) 

In your projects you use sandy color  simultaneously with khaki. Its for look or is that what the military actually does? 

My cars are from the Vietnam War era so they were more a olive green drab color.  The junk Amazon buggy is using TS28. 

I also use TS5 (my favorite, it is a darker green drab) and TS70 (even darker to near gray drab) on my M38’s.

The light sand color is TS46 and typically used on Wild Willy’s spare tire cover.  I do not think they used any bright colors like red, yellow, during the Vietnam War.. but the sand color was used sometimes on the interior.  

The star with circle, I think, came during the Normandy war.. (?) I can’t remember.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So for me, deciding whether to do the Blockhead Motors WildOne or Turbo Scorpion to fill my RC shelf.. 

I will be doing the black edition Egress so only have one more spot available.. what do you think?  (might be a question for @moffman for recommendation :DTIA! )

My personal choice is the original scorpion for the simple reason I love the wheels on it and it's just a stunning yet simple buggy that for its design age is superb not that the BH motor wild one isn't a stunning looking buggy because it is I just think metal parts has the edge over plastic but if you want a really good 2wd sand rail type have a look at the ultima aswell but choose any of the three you won't be disappointed:D

20220327_085117.jpg

20211227_200631.jpg

20211121_105000.jpg

• Like 6

So before I get too far ahead of myself, decided to mount the jack stands onto the floor so I don’t knock them over all the time after taking Billy’s ClubBug out for a drive.  :lol:

IMG_2022-8-7-154458.jpg.cd0ea5e01bca1d186a4b2b100de603a5.jpg

Finished.. B)

IMG_2022-8-7-162442.jpg.9fbf08e2cd3e5f4a12e04267c2fda5ae.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Seems like a sensible idea @Willy iine, how are you fixing them down?

Really liking all these new updates and upgrades to your showroom this last week btw, you're taking it all up another notch now👍😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Seems like a sensible idea @Willy iine, how are you fixing them down?

Really liking all these new updates and upgrades to your showroom this last week btw, you're taking it all up another notch now👍😎

Thanks!  I just use thin 3M mounting tape, tiny slits under each corner of the jack stands.  :D 

Just now, Willy iine said:

I just use thin 3M mounting tape, tiny slits under each corner of the jack stands

Jeez mate, must be proper tiny slits!:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kol__ said:

Jeez mate, must be proper tiny slits!:D

Yeah, I need to put my reading glasses on, but they are about 1mm width, 3mm in length. :D 

• Haha 1