Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Thank you!

For the lettering I tried to embrace my inner @Willy iine and just hand cut it out of styrene sheet.  There's a few more pics and details in my slowly progressing build thread for it HERE

Looks great!  May the hopes be with you!  :D  Not that it looks like you need it.  

So for me, challenged myself to make smaller casters for Willy’s seat creeper.. 

Yes, looks iffy.  :ph34r:  :lol:  Will make one more and clean it up later.  B)  

It’ll look fine…with hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-8-15-121222.jpg.035dcd1b52813fa85e8f80f34e8ae411.jpg

Update.. finished all parts except the bench as I need the cement to fully cure overnight before I can sand it to shape.  I hope to finish tomorrow.  :D 

IMG_2022-8-15-171426.jpg.5c16a2f78258c39ba76d84e1310aa227.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

this Tamiya drill

Those are real handy, I have a couple and use them for modelling and other jobs requiring tiny drill bits. I think they are often called a "pin vise".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

Those are real handy, I have a couple and use them for modelling and other jobs requiring tiny drill bits. I think they are often called a "pin vise".

Nice!  Pin vice, huh?  Thanks for the info.  I quickly realized that my old way of just using drill bits with hex drive is A LOT a faster to do my usual plasticard work as there is zero time loss between bits changes.. I don't use a handle, just turn the bit holding the hex drive area with my fingers.

But I think I still want a pin vice  to use the super fine drill bits (less than 1mm).   

Well I took the plunge a bought another Monster Beetle (used) and NO I have not told my wife yet:o . Also put new chrome parts on my Lunchbox also took off the Yeah racing oil filled shocks and replaced them with Tamiya 50520 oil filled and I must say it looks and drives better with the Tamiya shocks. With the new Beetle that puts my collection to 7. 2 Lunchboxes , 2 Monster Beetles, 1 Wild Willy 2 , 1 Super Clod Buster, and 1 Plasma Edge 2 iridescent purple / green. I have a addiction ....... Tamiya RC. :blink:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So for me, I painted the stanchion posts yesterday, waiting on my wife to make the rope..

This is before paint.. kind of imagining what it might look like at the end.  

IMG_2022-8-15-074511.jpg.898bc70d11c8ffef6c8f3df35bc8ca2d.jpg

IMG_2022-8-15-084130.jpg.1fdcd0b3f2f72b96b6c29a88a1e93d3e.jpg

Today going to make a seat creeper for Willy followed by a couple of oil bottles to place on the workbench I completed.    B)

@Willy iine will there be a bouncer holding the velvet rope?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

@Willy iine will there be a bouncer holding the velvet rope?

Muhahaha!  :lol:  That would be funny.   In related good news, I was able to find someone selling a lightly used Jack Osbourne figure so I will be able to make a Willy with red helmet for Willy's shop.  :D  My wife said she can most likely make duplicates out of resin, but will see.. not sure how much space I can make for these figures.. plus the mold kit costs about $30+ and $15 for the resin so at that price I can probably find a used one for less again.  I paint them so light wear is no issue.

In life news, it looks like FedEx lost my TurboScorpion kit.  I called them yesterday after holding for over 45min..which I guess is normal these days (?).  It entered the USA and no further update after 5 days.. that's life man, you gain some, you lose some.  I'll order another one later today in addition to a CC02 if no movement as a middle finger to life.   :angry: B) 

• Sad 1

So for today, going to try finishing my seat creeper for Willy.. the mini casters turned out okay. :D

IMG_2022-8-16-074832.jpg.ae7a0816791b2bed32a10733166c09d6.jpg

• Like 5

Took the LRP Twister Buggy to the office with me. 

5tApcGI.jpg

• Like 3

The cap screws finally arrived, so I was able to mount the motor and spur gear cover to my FF03-RR

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also played around with the rear arm spacers to tweak the wheelbase and added a few spacers to the rear axles to widen the track, and am now happy with the how Alfa shell is fitting

spacer.png

Next steps...sand and finish the shell, and then paint!

• Like 8

On 8/15/2022 at 1:50 PM, Willy iine said:

So for me, I painted the stanchion posts yesterday, waiting on my wife to make the rope..

Today going to make a seat creeper for Willy followed by a couple of oil bottles to place on the workbench I completed.    B)

Nice, that's going to look so cool mate😎

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kol__ said:

Nice, that's going to look so cool mate😎

Thanks!  :D 

So I asked my crafty wife (she can be quite blunt) on how she really felt about my plasticard shaping abilities and she said she would consider me ‘expert level’ for the things I make..  

Somewhat skeptical, I asked her if she had some intense honey-do she needed me to do.. and she said ‘Yes’.   :lol:  Ha! I knew it. 

But kidding aside, she said the biggest part of my expertise (?) comes from taking a shape and interpreting it in Willy’s world values and theme.  The amount of distortion and exaggeration gives my pieces appeal she said. 

So I’m trying to figure out how to make a gum-ball machine for Willy’s shop..  hummmm.. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2022 at 1:50 PM, Willy iine said:

That's a serious amount of wild willy's their:o they look absolutely amazing superb:wub:But I can't help thinking Putin was accused of mobilising his military on the Ukrainian border and he said it was just a military exercise:unsure: and look what absolute horror that's tuned out for the poor people of Ukraine!.............what are you up to?

• Haha 3

I know I'm a little late joining the party with the cougar but I've just picked it up from my LHS well actually from the owners house because he's still not well at all but inbetween his treatment he's doing his back orders for his local loyal customers! Now that's good  customer service IMO and that's the last hop up part for my super avante!

20220816_223755.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, moffman said:

That's a serious amount of wild willy's their:o they look absolutely amazing superb:wub:But I can't help thinking Putin was accused of mobilising his military on the Ukrainian border and he said it was just a military exercise:unsure: and look what absolute horror that's tuned out for the poor people of Ukraine!.............what are you up to?

Thanks, moffman!  B)  My Willy’s do not carry any weapons so no worries there!  :D

So I got back from the office, sprayed Willy’s seat creeper and now working on making a bin for his new work bench.. 

This is what happens when I have a headache and my concentration drops.. now in need of much hope.. :wacko:

IMG_2022-8-16-170437.jpg.a91a0bb93bcc63ffa946b31b8e5ac1d1.jpg

:lol:  Oops..

Update.. hope injected.. will clean up the corners tomorrow and no one would know what had happened.. since I did not say anything.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-8-16-171855.jpg.a73287dcfdcec76a24de883c8d6707f5.jpg

IMG_2022-8-16-171911.jpg.f8e3a3e691c4f3f17c49366556825971.jpg

• Like 2

It has begun... I'll buy the PS5 Tamiya paint when I go to the LHS on Thursday.

1377432009_Fullscreencapture1708202291700AM_bmp.thumb.jpg.d6c6258b287e712e3d6b159e9e0e07ee.jpg

• Like 3

Had to do some last minute modification that required respraying the round bench.. hope to take some snaps later tonight.   

IMG_2022-8-16-184246.jpg.cc22d3869cab978655fa194a622c9dcd.jpg

• Like 3

Today I refurbed a set of old shocks and polished up the piston rods using a drill, a technique I saw on a Dusty Fingers RC vid on YouTube last week. It worked a treat...

Old used piston rods

4ouYLKZ.jpeg

u0rJgSe.jpeg

3M Scotchbrite, Autosol metal polish and a 3mm nut to fit to the end of the rod.

2gXqbyB.jpeg

syfEYXy.jpeg

Clamp the nut in the drill chuck, hold the Scotchbrite and Autosol in place on the rod and away you go...

cAdDhsP.jpeg

..moving up and down the rod repeatedly, with consistent pressure (I'm sure we've all done that before!😂😂😂) does the trick...

uNpcw5y.jpeg

a3weFrh.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Well… I actually did this on Sunday… had the Golf25 body set for awhile.  Prepping it for a special FF project.  Hope you guys enjoy it.  What have you done today?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

It has begun... I'll buy the PS5 Tamiya paint when I go to the LHS on Thursday.

1377432009_Fullscreencapture1708202291700AM_bmp.thumb.jpg.d6c6258b287e712e3d6b159e9e0e07ee.jpg

I've had my eye on those red 4mm serrated lock nuts for a while, but shipping to the UK is AU$33 😳

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

Had a bit more fun driving in the office. 😁

AJj8Gxf.jpg

Nice wheelie!

I need to work in an office like that… RC friendly

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Frankster said:

I need to work in an office like that… RC friendly

When the bosses are not around... 

igPEHdA.jpeg

• Like 2