Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

No, Singapore. Normal door to door time for me is 24h but due to late connection and "technical issues", it took me 36h this time. 

Let me know if you hit any local RC shops.   I did not have a chance when I was there in May for work.

Well - after a Break here in this forum, I try to give a little comeback here!

It just took me too much time...but I missed you guys too much :D

In the meantime, i had my first Avante-Build...and I was super happy about it...and it even runs verry smooth! Not gonna bash it of course... just a short ride on the street! And bc It was so much fun to build this Beauty...I coudn't resist to pre order the Egress Black Edition :rolleyes:

So... Welcom Paranoid Perry

I smoothed the Edge of the stickers with a Lighter (very scared and carefully, with lot of @Willy iine 's friend "HOPE") and was very happy, how smooth now the stickers fit on the helmet! So I also used this technique to reduce some folds on the stickers on the Shell!

...and all you attentiv Avante/Egress Experts: yes... the front wheel is wrong...changed sides after this Picture :)

IMG_6333.jpg

• Like 10

46 minutes ago, ad456 said:

That’s a bit savage. Were the kids ok with it?

The kids have it easy. It was the adults that get the stress. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

Let me know if you hit any local RC shops.   I did not have a chance when I was there in May for work.

Stargek is the one for Tamiya but SG price are actually higher than UK prices for kits. 🤷

Some more 3D printing for me in ABS+image.thumb.png.5fb7486d54f4caa96fdd42f6c8b54475.png

It's a way to attach a new hard body to the Tamiya QD series without having to drill new mounts. I've got a couple of QD trucks, and I quite like the idea of everything being modular and swappable, using the same mounting system across them all. 

To be honest I've had time to make cars since my baby was born (usually times like this when everyone else is asleep) but I'm starting to think what's the point? I've not been able to drive or run pretty much anything. Hopefully when he's a bit older and can toddle around we can go for walks with a truck. During lockdown going to the park to drive was a godsend, but now I've not the time in the evening, nor the energy. 

Still, the 3D printer is cool! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nikko85 said:

Some more 3D printing for me in ABS+image.thumb.png.5fb7486d54f4caa96fdd42f6c8b54475.png

It's a way to attach a new hard body to the Tamiya QD series without having to drill new mounts. I've got a couple of QD trucks, and I quite like the idea of everything being modular and swappable, using the same mounting system across them all. 

To be honest I've had time to make cars since my baby was born (usually times like this when everyone else is asleep) but I'm starting to think what's the point? I've not been able to drive or run pretty much anything. Hopefully when he's a bit older and can toddle around we can go for walks with a truck. During lockdown going to the park to drive was a godsend, but now I've not the time in the evening, nor the energy. 

Still, the 3D printer is cool! 

😎 

Today was just money making gig day at the office for me.. not fun, I hate being around people, but required to fund my pretend RC shop.  B)

My late summer vacation started so that's good news.  :D

@Tumbi Nice job!  I like your choice in color..very tastefully done.   Would you be getting a heat gun?  I use a small embossing heat gun (Amazon has them, most crafts and art stores as well) for my RC.   

• Like 2

Today I started on a Kamtec runner body for my CC-02 Land Rover. As often happens, I spent a lot of time and effort getting the kit body looking as good as I could, and now it is too nice for me to use for guilt free trail running. The Kamtec ones are cheap enough to be considered as consumables, and while nowhere near as detailed or as scale accurate as the Tamiya ones, they are pretty tough and can be made to look quite decent with relatively little time and effort.

Not much to show yet - all I did was cut it out and paint it yellow. I'll share some pictures as it gets closer to completion.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

No, Singapore. Normal door to door time for me is 24h but due to late connection and "technical issues", it took me 36h this time. 

Sorry, I assumed after that long you'd made it to Sydney!!

I enjoyed some NiMH running last night... I haven't run this Bandit in 6+ months!

Collage_2022-10-05_12_10_46.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Sorry, I assumed after that long you'd made it to Sydney!!

That long is the normal time to get to AU from my starting point but I missed a connection and got a 14 hours delay. 

@Willy iine how do you paint your mini coopers?  Do you paint the white roof first then the red body?   I am having a badword of a time trying to mask the roof rails from the inside… 

6255C54E-AD38-4F6D-9FC8-8BB97B122FE4.jpeg.b05aa3fa15b6c8e4e4e2b7a33a84f116.jpeg

Wheel arches were not fun either….

C2B2E400-E61C-460F-869B-A0A0E41ED646.jpeg.f2b6148d988ea93f1b860c096105ef6a.jpeg5038A6F5-58A5-4658-B979-3892F04BCA20.jpeg.e3cafa2ce8832a13d266e1d31c3af1ac.jpeg

• Like 3

@Frankster I do paint the roof and fender flares, grill (if applicable) first.  It is.a pretty painstaking job, but then think of @Re-Bugged’ed masking master pieces and it won’t hurt no more.  :lol:

GL with the painting!  I send you hope.. if needed.  :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Frankster I do paint the roof and fender flares, grill (if applicable) first.  It is.a pretty painstaking job, but then think of @Re-Bugged’ed masking master pieces and it won’t hurt no more.  :lol:

Hope is needed 🤞.  These Mini Cooper bodies are rare.  

Rule of thumb is dark colors first.  I may need to paint black wheel arches > white roof > back roof with bright silver > mask painted roof >  paint body red > back body in bright silver > final black coat

32 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Speaking of @Re-Bugged I found this showroom you did 2 years ago. Very nice 👏

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=136591&id=49381

Met up with an old friend who brought me to a real model shop and bought a few toys for the kids to started on model making. 

2ojUtY9.jpeg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

bought a few toys for the kids

I've heard the "its for the kids" from many dads before :)

I remember visiting a friend and joining his 2 year old son to play with his train set. His wife called upstairs why we werent watching the kid and we shouted that we were, then we realised the toddler had toddled off and it was just my mate and I playing with the train set, oops.

• Haha 3

Just now, Gebbly said:

I've heard the "its for the kids" from many dads before :)

I remember visiting a friend and joining his 2 year old son to play with his train set. His wife called upstairs why we werent watching the kid and we shouted that we were, then we realised the toddler had toddled off and it was just my mate and I playing with the train set, oops.

Well, of what I bought, only one is really for adult, the RG one. The others (SD, etc) are clearly for the kids as I can probably finish one in the time it takes for a ciggy. 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frankster said:

Hope is needed 🤞.  These Mini Cooper bodies are rare.  

Rule of thumb is dark colors first.  I may need to paint black wheel arches > white roof > back roof with bright silver > mask painted roof >  paint body red > back body in bright silver > final black coat

I looked at a couple of my Mini’s and I definitely did the white roof first followed by body color.  Some of them I brush painted the body color so they have white interior ceilings, but I prefer the ceiling to be the vehicle color..  it’s entirely up to you.  

I have a few more new bodies I partially painted (arches and grills) and left the rest to whatever I’m in the mood when the time to paint comes.  :D  GL again.. hope injected. 

• Like 2

finish setting up the electronics, raised the handle bar and added front lamps.

309823262_10160230722993147_6542453331305051128_n.jpeg

310096270_10160230722698147_924520145427371423_n.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-06 at 1.12.08 AM.jpeg

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Today was just money making gig day at the office for me.. not fun, I hate being around people, but required to fund my pretend RC shop.  B)

@Tumbi Nice job!  I like your choice in color..very tastefully done.   Would you be getting a heat gun?  I use a small embossing heat gun (Amazon has them, most crafts and art stores as well) for my RC.   

Well thank you…thats a good Gadget I guess… I will check it! Thank you

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Well thank you…thats a good Gadget I guess… I will check it! Thank you

So today I did a double post… sorry for that 

And ordered some alloy knuckles for my Avante BE.

further I‘m wondering witch driver would fit in my new Egress Black Edition… any Ideas/Expertises?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tumbi said:

further I‘m wondering witch driver would fit in my new Egress Black Edition… any Ideas/Expertises?

I'm going to force fit an Avante driver in mine.  B)  

• Like 2

So today was Day1 of my late summer vacation and worked on my snow thrower and portable generator oil changes and brake fluid change on my 1:1 WRX.  This afternoon took a nice nap and searched what RC dorifuto car I should get.  Is MST any good?

I also received these decals a while back, but had not installed them yet.. the CITY plates and Mugen Power decals.  Not sure where the Mugen decals actually went on the real car, but decided I liked mine next to the rear plate.  

May be insignificant to call an "update" for some folks, but this cleaned up the rear nicely so here they are.  :D 

Nicherotors GF01 Willy's Wheeler.. 

IMG_2022-10-5-145941.jpg.7a3968a2af57dc6ea6f552a91446964a.jpg

WR02 City Turbo.. this car still runs friction shocks and no plan to swap them out as they work  so well with my current setup.  I may change the steering servo to a faster one, however..

IMG_2022-10-5-145949.jpg.541539aaaa8d4c89c564007395a66c1c.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Tumbi said:

Here's my take on it:

1257431235_ScreenShot2021-12-06at4_35_51pm.thumb.jpg.1de98d11c44a850c6998aabff58777f6.jpg

I've made some changes since so that most of the cables sit under the driver platform. It's a tight fit though.

• Like 3