Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

a hydrodipped frame. 

Oh, say it isn't so, that's probably one of the last few in existence with original paint and decals! :(

As they say, "it's only original once" and even with imperfections I'd keep it as is myself. It's nearly a museum piece at this point, especially with those forks.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:38 AM, Sgt.Speirs said:

Finally finished my "TRF201 Transmission Conversion" of my Hi-Lux Monster Racer.

img_e50992ice7.jpg

img_e5124_gceq4.jpg

img_e5113_c5e7r.jpg

More pics in my worklog: Sgt.Speirs‘ Nissan King Cab - TRF201 Transmission Conversion & Restoration

Most excellent, especially with the upgraded gearbox! I will always have a soft spot for that shell (and King Cab) and you have done it better than justice.

Tamiya needs to re-re that tire set!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

That’s a ‘beast’ Neil great choice 👏

Thanks Si! Have ordered the batteries, so waiting on them to come in 👍

• Like 1

Finished my XV01 build today. What a difference with basic kits. All bearings included, reinforced plastics, no self tapping screws but all metric. I like it.

20221010_233809.jpg

And yes I'll fit the C3 body on this and the Lancia will become a "civil" version on the TA03F chassis. (somewhere in the future)

20221010_233754.jpg

• Like 8

After a few days off RC, today I did something different: I decided to try and finally get over my fear of running my Lancia Delta Integrale (the reason being, waaaay too much time spent on body and inner cockpit). I thought that a supermarket parking lot could be a good compromise between full-time-still-life on the shelf and reckless bashing, and in fact it proved to be a good spot.

As for the driving, first off I was happily surprised to find out that the car does not traction roll! At least not on smooth, even tarmac. So far I had only driven this car on winter roads with plenty of drifting action, and I expected it to be much harder to handle on grippier surfaces. This means that the Lancia can be possible Postal Racing material, without risking too much to ruin its looks 🤔 will see about that, lol...

Besides that, the car is very silent compared to most of my buggies and it drives a treat, especially for being pretty much a bare-boned TT-02 under the shell (I have mini CVAs and ball bearings, that's it). It felt really good to drive the Delta, see it in action and finally scratch that itch!

The silver can is plenty of fun for now, but so sober: after almost a full hour of running, the battery still had quite some juice left in it.

The car came back undamaged, and even the recently installed antenna didn't have any issues with the running. Looking good with some dust on it! 

Since this went so well, I decided that I'll keep the Deltona out on duty for a few more cautious escapades, and who knows, maybe even some postal racing action 😅

20221010-152136.jpg

20221010-191932.jpg

20221010-192320.jpg

20221010-192901.jpg

20221010-192205.jpg

20221010-192122.jpg

20221010-185331.jpg

• Like 19

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

After a few days off RC, today I did something different: I decided to try and finally get over my fear of running my Lancia Delta Integrale (the reason being, waaaay too much time spent on body and inner cockpit). I thought that a supermarket parking lot could be a good compromise between full-time-still-life on the shelf and reckless bashing, and in fact it proved to be a good spot.

As for the driving, first off I was happily surprised to find out that the car does not traction roll! At least not on smooth, even tarmac. So far I had only driven this car on winter roads with plenty of drifting action, and I expected it to be much harder to handle on grippier surfaces. This means that the Lancia can be possible Postal Racing material, without risking too much to ruin its looks 🤔 will see about that, lol...

Besides that, the car is very silent compared to most of my buggies and it drives a treat, especially for being pretty much a bare-boned TT-02 under the shell (I have mini CVAs and ball bearings, that's it). It felt really good to drive the Delta, see it in action and finally scratch that itch!

The silver can is plenty of fun for now, but so sober: after almost a full hour of running, the battery still had quite some juice left in it.

The car came back undamaged, and even the recently installed antenna didn't have any issues with the running. Looking good with some dust on it! 

Since this went so well, I decided that I'll keep the Deltona out on duty for a few more cautious escapades, and who knows, maybe even some postal racing action 😅

20221010-152136.jpg

20221010-191932.jpg

20221010-192320.jpg

20221010-192901.jpg

20221010-192205.jpg

20221010-192122.jpg

20221010-185331.jpg

Thanks for this. Hopefully it will spur me on to do the same with about 5 models that I have that I’m too nervous to run for fear of damage!!!!! He who dares wins!!!

• Like 4

Over the last 5 days my wife has been away so my son and I have built a car each. He built the Fire Dragon and I did the St Dragon. It worked really well and he managed about 95% of his build - i had to do the e-clips (i would get my dad to do those too if he lived closer!) and tighten some screws all the way. I was really impressed that he could do that much as hes 9. We got interrupted today so they now need stickers and binding a couple of receivers but they should be running tomorrow.

When my wife got back she did ask "i don't remember those coming into the house" which was the only awkward moment...luckily my sons face as he showed her the new cars mitigated that one, phew!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

@Jonathon Gillham Nice!  GJ to your son as well.  Impressed he built the car mostly by himself!

Those e-clips can be tricky..  (in my case tricky finding it as I am clumsy and drop it all the time under my work table.. :lol:..).   

When my wife comes looking for me, I tend to drop my e-clips and other items and hide under the table.. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So for me, installed the wing and wheels and took the Optima MID for a quick 7 min test drive. 

Wow.. this car drove basically perfectly out of the gate using factory alignment setting.   :D  Also very pleased there were no screws missing.. (so far). :lol:

IMG_2022-10-11-080507.jpg.0eaae86928598654b1461e878cf6aa0f.jpg

IMG_2022-10-11-080514.jpg.4a287454cdc403bae886cb93162f7b7e.jpg

Will cut the body later today/tomorrow and paint it white for now.   B)

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So for me, installed the wing and wheels and took the Optima MID for a quick 7 min test drive. 

Wow.. this car drove basically perfectly out of the gate using factory alignment setting.   :D  Also very pleased there were no screws missing.. (so far). :lol:

IMG_2022-10-11-080507.jpg.0eaae86928598654b1461e878cf6aa0f.jpg

Love it… very nice made (no surprise)!

happy that you like it! Otherwise I would feel kind of guilty!

enjoy - looking for updates!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshimitsu said:

@Willy iine The magnetic route just makes everything look clean. Except when your body shell is pre drilled.😬

Yeah, agreed!   Luckily my NBR body has no pre drilled holes.   Otherwise I would just use the body posts.   

@Tumbi Thanks!   I definitely like the car, thanks for the recommendation.  :D 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 12:36 PM, Willy iine said:

I get you completely!  But its sometimes good not to have bling and keep the focus on the entire car.(?)  :D   A logo would be nice however.. but engraving adds to cost I suppose, for a part one can’t see..

Yes - agree! 
Happy that the Alloy Ones from Yeah Racing came in black too…

but if you take a close look at your cars (guess we all here do so) you see the small „upgrades“ even if it looks similar/same…

i‘m allready stoked to swap a silver nut with a black one…

Those little upgrades…the ones we tell and show our wifes with enthusiasm… and they say „oh…wow“ and they try to act, that we beliefe, that they noticed the difference 🤪 thats why we show it here 😁🤗

🟥🟦

and you know and love it! I personally just love to look for little upgrades here an there bc I just love building 🥸…beautiful CNC… CF… lovely engineering… guess we all love that here… if it would be just for bashing…we would ride Traxxas… (they are great…my son has one… craaaazy) but we love bulding, fixing… whatever!  

• Like 2

I get you completely!  But its sometimes good not to have bling and keep the focus on the entire car.(?)  :D   A logo would be nice however.. but engraving adds to cost I suppose, for a part one can’t see..

double again…web failed! So sorry!

Tripple post 😳 my web failed again… sorry guys - shoot me!

• Haha 4

@Tumbi I too like subtle modifications just enough to make it mine.   Although that Pajero I did.. the car was in a pretty boring state from the start so went all crazy.  :lol:

IMG_2022-9-28-160219.jpg.99a41ed9eed23010a980bee32042040a.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Tumbi I too like subtle modifications just enough to make it mine.   Although that Pajero I did.. the car was in a pretty boring state from the start so went all crazy.  :lol:

@Willy iine Love that Pajero! That one sure went all crazy - love it! You put so much love and time in those Details! Crazy!

Sometimes we need one creative lets go nuts project! 
had mine on that Blitzer Beetle…

72A3F73E-BD8F-494E-8825-0B475E488A7F.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Its looking very sharp mate:wub: did you go brushless? I just put a brushed le mans motor in mine it's a little under powered in the top speed department but the lipo battery does give it the punch off the line but I'm having trouble with the plastic seats on the bottom of the shock cylinders keep popping in then the oil floods out so I've got no oil in them at the moment so its bouncing around:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since this month is Halloween, I've been channeling my inner Dr. Frankenstein by making body parts for my monsters :ph34r: (some out of literal pieces of trash)

I tried to choose the "best" part of the juice jug for the nosecone... not sure if I really like it but at least it's "aerodynamic" right? Well, more aero than before, at least :lol:

aero_01.jpg

aero_02.jpg

aero_03.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Actually had a look at it, didn't open the box the first night as it was too late and shower and bed time. 

Dn5UD4g.jpeg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Its looking very sharp mate:wub: did you go brushless? I just put a brushed le mans motor in mine it's a little under powered in the top speed department but the lipo battery does give it the punch off the line but I'm having trouble with the plastic seats on the bottom of the shock cylinders keep popping in then the oil floods out so I've got no oil in them at the moment so its bouncing around:unsure:

Thanks, moffman!   I'm running SuperStock BZ on all my faster buggies at the moment, but honestly this car is probably better with brushless and LiPo.  I might build the second one and run 17.5..   I think even so, I can still drive it pretty hard even in my tiny makeshift track no problem.  

That said, if I do build the 2nd one, I will do a CF lower deck as the lip on the aluminum chassis at the edge prevents the 1252MG to sit flush on the chassis and requires to shim the upper deck for servo horn clearance.  You know how there's that damper spacer #2 used under the servo mounts to raise the servo 2mm to clear the chassis edge lip. I don't want that.  

Those 3rd party universals worked great.  I need to go back and drop some bearing oil or something in the joint as I don't think they came pre-oiled.

Sorry to hear about your lower damper cap.  Not sure what's going on there.. mine fit snug and honestly very surprised there was no issue with the kit considering all the corrections they did on the instructions manual.. that is insane.  Are they not Japanese folks generating the instruction manual?  Seems very poorly proof read.. how can you have 2 full pages of errors.. :lol:  and they still forgot to spell check EXPRODED VIEW.  

@Tumbi Yeah, I like your Beetle!  :D   That is one mean looking machine.   There is definitely a dynamic in how we mod our cars.. some cars just require us to push the envelope real hard without taking it over the edge.  B)   

@El Gecko Nice car!  :D   Very cool idea using a juice jug.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1