Jump to content
Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Listening to you lot is exactly the reason why I dont do any exercise at all.

It's bad for you.

Ive never injured myself eating crisps.

  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, berman said:

Thanks! Far out! With all the RC and honey-do's you get done, I thought you were the king of avoiding accidents. ūüėĄ I would have opted out of that fire drill if I was in your state, and told everyone I would run if there's a real one. But I guess your work would imply even if you were injured, you'd have to escape quickly anyway ūüėĄ

Today I took some clangers to the park. Got a few onlookers and questions, and a couple of kids that were watching got a turn on the DT03 and the lunchie, which the parents were happy about. The DT03 certainly needs a hotter motor, it was fun but isn't fast enough in a big open area to be entertaining. 

 

Yeah, no.. as you've seen my plasticard projects, my house projects are like that..hardly elegant during the process with me fumbling and crashing often..  :ph34r::lol:   

Looks like you guys had a great time with the trucks!
 

@Ferruz sorry to hear about your Terra Scorcher's knuckle.. :( hope you get your replacement soon!   That Big Boss you have is awesome!   B)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So for me, started the day measuring the Optima MID posters and ordered custom frames.  I bought 2 frames so that I can display one with the front of poster and one with the back of poster and place them side by side.. it's going to be awesome.. I hopes. :ph34r: 

For those with the same posters, they are 16-1/2" x 23-3/8".    Sorry in inches, but in the USA this is the unit of measurement for frames.. at least I did not post fractional units  in decimals.  :lol: :blink:

IMG_2022-10-16-080833.jpg.aa51abde70252855d764abc74f5b20f9.jpg

 

Next up, going to make the core for Willy's vac hose.  B)

Update.. finished the vac hose.. I did not need to make a core, just used extreme amounts of heat.  :lol:  I posted pictures in the gallery thread, please check them out.

Okay.. what to do next.. oh yeah, make a stand for my Optima MID..

 

 

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I finally ran my TT-01E that I put Super Stock RZ on it. It was fine, but I need more space to test it further. Haven't finished the body shell the kit came with (which I also made some progress today), so I used an old body from a TT-02. 

Also my cousin just started studying in Japan and she send some pictures of the landscape from there. Everyone in my family commenting about the view, however my brain is fixated on the big wide open sandy field I saw in the pictures; I keep thinking that would be perfect to run my buggy on. This hobby is slowly altering how I see the world :D.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to remove the paint of my King Cab rims...

LHS painted in silver...RHS after a (brush) treatment with "Methoxypropanol":

img_5167_23gdjb.jpg

 

Cleaning one rim per day is enough for my hands... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got round to carrying on with this. I think I started it about 10 years ago, about time I got round to finishing!

 

2DC0C729-BAF6-472C-A25A-ADB3B1A147E6.thumb.jpeg.9961c6ff6d786c7161cde19f57da6904.jpeg42DE5005-51E7-486E-B8A9-3A0D6C98F377.thumb.jpeg.007bec81c41ec863da3aa8d989f91a5c.jpeg35D12815-B6D2-4799-8175-B9613A60B889.thumb.jpeg.d2b9b00b9acbda43b9451fb7ec655160.jpegD39CF89C-092E-4862-BAB9-DF4E23C47586.thumb.jpeg.3b58cdfc7b403554d49541c9c0ccabb9.jpeg

the driver (Jochen Mass rather than Jacky Icxx in the box art) looked much better to the naked eye, just shows that age brings shakes hands and dodgy vision!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

Tried to remove the paint of my King Cab rims...

LHS painted in silver...RHS after a (brush) treatment with "Methoxypropanol":

 

 

Cleaning one rim per day is enough for my hands... ;)

Nice.. what kind of paint did they use?  Have you tried some motor spray on a paper towel and just wipe?   If that's enamel it should come off pretty easily..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Willy iine: It looks like a paint from Revell or a TS paint. But the paint was definitely applied via brush.

With the¬†mentioned ‚Äěpaint remover‚Äú it was also easy. Applied with a brush, wait 15 seconds and then wipe the paint off the rims with a towel.

Edit:
Unfortunately, not every area of the rim is accessible by towel <_<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So for me, started the day measuring the Optima MID posters and ordered custom frames.  I bought 2 frames so that I can display one with the front of poster and one with the back of poster and place them side by side.. it's going to be awesome.. I hopes. :ph34r: 

For those with the same posters, they are 16-1/2" x 23-3/8".    Sorry in inches, but in the USA this is the unit of measurement for frames.. at least I did not post fractional units  in decimals.  :lol: :blink:

IMG_2022-10-16-080833.jpg.aa51abde70252855d764abc74f5b20f9.jpg

 

Next up, going to make the core for Willy's vac hose.  B)

Update.. finished the vac hose.. I did not need to make a core, just used extreme amounts of heat.  :lol:  I posted pictures in the gallery thread, please check them out.

Okay.. what to do next.. oh yeah, make a stand for my Optima MID..

 

 

I've only ever got one poster in my kyosho kits and that one was in my rerelease optima none of my other kits had posters I wonder why some have them in? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, moffman said:

I've only ever got one poster in my kyosho kits and that one was in my rerelease optima none of my other kits had posters I wonder why some have them in? 

I have no clue, I bought those kits from my usual shop in the states.. it had the posters and the bonus yellow body decal set in both..  :D

I made generic stands for my Optima MID out of foam boards again.. made an extra one for future use.  

IMG_2022-10-16-121308.jpg.818c31fb5c76d32d3c3e065a014252cd.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I have no clue, I bought those kits from my usual shop in the states.. it had the posters and the bonus yellow body decal set in both..  :D

I made generic stands for my Optima MID out of foam boards again.. made an extra one for future use.  

IMG_2022-10-16-121308.jpg.818c31fb5c76d32d3c3e065a014252cd.jpg

Fantastic buggy collection:wub: mate! It's hard to pick a favourite!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I painted my "almost" budget rally build off car.

I knew the PS-16 was going to be backed in black, so took the opportunity to mask and spray the window rubber at the same time.

A little touch up needed for some minor bleeds, but I'm happy with the result.

y4mAvssH8ZVa9LlTBWUrmnWjij6mVFbGO3_rogD3

Edited by naturbo2000
Swap for a better scaled image and sort out the line break now I'm not on my phone,
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, moffman said:

Fantastic buggy collection:wub: mate! It's hard to pick a favourite!

Thanks.. you inspired me, actually.  :D

So this app controlled charger I recently got is fantastic.  I can be in another room and it sends me notification that the charge is complete.   I run a thermocouple dedicated to the charger so it will auto stop if the batteries get too hot and let me know via my iPhone something is wrong.  And I have charge profiles programmed so I start the charger from the app off my iPhone.     Very convenient.  B)  (one on the bottom)

IMG_2022-9-10-132145.jpg.40a945f3f60ba3685f1d95a67ebc18eb.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, naturbo2000 said:

I painted my "almost" budget rally build off car.

I knew the PS-16 was going to be backed in black, so took the opportunity to mask and spray the window rubber at the same time.

A little touch up needed for some minor bleeds, but I'm happy with the result._20221016_183355.JPG.fc95c2db42bbbd0f4dcca901b19bb7cd.JPG

Awesome idea!  I honestly never really liked decal window trims..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, naturbo2000 said:

I painted my "almost" budget rally build off car.

I knew the PS-16 was going to be backed in black, so took the opportunity to mask and spray the window rubber at the same time.

A little touch up needed for some minor bleeds, but I'm happy with the result._20221016_183355.JPG.fc95c2db42bbbd0f4dcca901b19bb7cd.JPG

Looks marvellous. Did you paint the windows rubbers on the outside? If not did you remove the original window masks and re-mask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day at the park, with another set of nephews. Too busy driving to take photos.

Back in the early parts of the pandemic, I first got into RC to make presents for these guys - so I'm glad they are into them a little still. 

I took along my MF01x which started life as a beetle rally. There is probably a build thread somewhere, but as a recap it was cut down to a 171 mm wheelbase by removing the spacers, given TL01 arms to increase the track width, a Tamiya QD Pumpkin body and Padlartrak tires all round.

I just put in a 21T motor, and turned back to the 16T pinion. Although this is now technically over geared (due to the larger tires) the motor stayed cool and it went super fast.

HCaERkA.jpg

54eM7P1.jpg

It's a hoot to drive - at 50% throttle it's great for indoors (it has a tiny turning circle) or a garden, but can now stretch it's legs on long flats and still be exciting.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Looks marvellous. Did you paint the windows rubbers on the outside? If not did you remove the original window masks and re-mask?

A picture of the masking would have been great, no? :rolleyes:

All masked and painted on the inside. Tamiya window masks fit the glass portion but not the rubbers. So I overlapped them with Tamiya masking tape, helped with the inside knowledge that I used to have a 1:1 2003 WRX and knew where I was aiming.

1 mist coat of PS-16, and 4 regular coats. Then peel the window rubber masks, leaving the main window masks still in place. Re-rub them down on the edges (not quite enough). 1 mist coat of black, focusing on those new areas, followed by 3 proper coats.

My test spray-outs suggest it should look brighter in daylight than that photo.

Edit: I should add that the kit comes with window stickers which I could get stickers for the rubber from, but I may not bother given how it turned out. I also did the front splitter and rear under-bumper as it was easy to do so.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't help you with the pin / hole size @Novamadcars but keen to see how you get on as I need to create a custom length driveshaft for my TL-01.5.

Can you measure the pin and then go up from there with a trial hole?

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started with the mock up to fix the Lancia Delta body (from the XV01) on the TA03F chassis using magnetic body posts.

20221016_212750.jpg20221016_212806.jpg

Front is done. Rear is for the next time.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks.. you inspired me, actually.  :D

So this app controlled charger I recently got is fantastic.  I can be in another room and it sends me notification that the charge is complete.   I run a thermocouple dedicated to the charger so it will auto stop if the batteries get too hot and let me know via my iPhone something is wrong.  And I have charge profiles programmed so I start the charger from the app off my iPhone.     Very convenient.  B)  (one on the bottom)

IMG_2022-9-10-132145.jpg.40a945f3f60ba3685f1d95a67ebc18eb.jpg

So let's get this right! You can use this charger via your iPhone (switch it on/off and keep an eye on its charging state) that would be fantastic for charging batteries when you're racing!........I've just getting used to apple pay and having a wallet in my iPhone 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife was nice and made me these QR labels to attach to my batteries so that I can start the charger by scanning the code off my iPhone.   :D   Super cool.  

IMG_2022-10-16-161308.jpg.d14970a817f225d3eb7377fb3f4c81ab.jpg

IMG_2022-10-16-161325.jpg.36f24d21ea36cc053dbde91a79c93f7a.jpg

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, moffman said:

So let's get this right! You can use this charger via your iPhone (switch it on/off and keep an eye on its charging state) that would be fantastic for charging batteries when you're racing!........I've just getting used to apple pay and having a wallet in my iPhone 

Yes it can.  I really enjoy using this charger.    I’ve been a long time Dynamite user and it’s the Passport Ultra P2.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also decided the servo in my Hakosuka GTR is too slow, so swapping with a JX one that rivals the 1251MG.   Will see how I like it.  I am planning to use this servo in the Turbo Scorpion.  

IMG_2022-10-16-161356.jpg.8cc2fa8d4e71a0014ce3963354f26413.jpg

Update.. So I got a chance to drive the car after the servo swap..the JX servo in real life is soso quick (marginally faster than the RTR Kyosho servo), but highly doubt it is as fast as advertised.  It is still a step or two slower than a 1251MG and nowhere close to the 1252MG I run on my faster cars.  On a larger track the JX will do just fine, but on a stamp like make shift track I drive on, still a bit on the slow side.  

Decided to run a black 1251MG on the Turbo Scropion given the cord is long enough..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

A picture of the masking would have been great, no? :rolleyes:

All masked and painted on the inside. Tamiya window masks fit the glass portion but not the rubbers. So I overlapped them with Tamiya masking tape, helped with the inside knowledge that I used to have a 1:1 2003 WRX and knew where I was aiming.

1 mist coat of PS-16, and 4 regular coats. Then peel the window rubber masks, leaving the main window masks still in place. Re-rub them down on the edges (not quite enough). 1 mist coat of black, focusing on those new areas, followed by 3 proper coats.

My test spray-outs suggest it should look brighter in daylight than that photo.

Edit: I should add that the kit comes with window stickers which I could get stickers for the rubber from, but I may not bother given how it turned out. I also did the front splitter and rear under-bumper as it was easy to do so.

Thanks for the detail. I might try that on my next bodyūüĎć

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tamiyastef said:

Started with the mock up to fix the Lancia Delta body (from the XV01) on the TA03F chassis using magnetic body posts.

20221016_212750.jpg20221016_212806.jpg

Front is done. Rear is for the next time.

HSR?

ūüôŹūüĎĆūüĎć

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...