Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, I made some progress, but was interrupted by work meetings that got moved around which was seriously annoying as my primary reason for waking up every morning is to work on my RC.   :lol:   

IMG_2022-10-27-101643.jpg.f4177a7b6508a581f3fde1df3c403473.jpg

IMG_2022-10-27-101653.jpg.e8b488327c4a124735eb78a00143d04f.jpg

This makes me want a buggy...sigh ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, I made some progress, but was interrupted by work meetings that got moved around which was seriously annoying as my primary reason for waking up every morning is to work on my RC.   :lol:   

IMG_2022-10-27-101643.jpg.f4177a7b6508a581f3fde1df3c403473.jpg

IMG_2022-10-27-101653.jpg.e8b488327c4a124735eb78a00143d04f.jpg

Wow - that looks like a beauty and lot of fun to build! Clean and well engineered! Love it! And the Motor fits/matches perfectly!

Great job 🤩

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 1:17 PM, El Gecko said:

Oh, say it isn't so, that's probably one of the last few in existence with original paint and decals! :(

As they say, "it's only original once" and even with imperfections I'd keep it as is myself. It's nearly a museum piece at this point, especially with those forks.

As it turns out, Gecks, I found another frame in 9/10 condition and built on that.  Most everything is retro parts from the mid 90’s to ‘08.  The Animal was just donated to a friend who owns a local bike shop, where it will be hung as a display.  Just a few more parts and this gal is ready to go. Just a few more parts and Ol’ Sup shall return to RC.

E5ECB262-94DE-4F67-9348-067780F9EDB7.jpeg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tumbi said:

Wow - that looks like a beauty and lot of fun to build! Clean and well engineered! Love it! And the Motor fits/matches perfectly!

Great job 🤩

Thanks, yes I think this is one of the must-haves from Kyosho's vintage rere series.  B) 

Great to see the TS underway @Willy iine, one of those has been on my hit list for another Kyosho to keep the Javelin company 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Great to see the TS underway @Willy iine, one of those has been on my hit list for another Kyosho to keep the Javelin company 😉

I finished the chassis and took it out for a test drive.  :D   Since I had been driving my Optima MID the last couple of weeks (one of the best driving buggies I own) I got spoiled by the awesome driving experience.  It emphasized that the TurboScorpion drove quite quirkily, but it's got a bunch of character so I am not disappointed.  It's like it has so many visible mechanical parts moving just to drive over bumps it is almost comical.  

It has on-throttle push under, yet the rear steps out entering a turn with no throttle.. so it rotates well, given one keeps some throttle while entering a turn maintaining control.  It's a bit too front heavy, yet the weight shifts to the rear too easily on throttle.  Side fo side balance is good.  I think it will be more a shelf queen for me.. I did not get any sense of "wow I want to drive this car again!" feeling.  :lol: hahaha .. looks fantastic though, imho.  I am going to work on the body tomorrow.

IMG_2022-10-27-182109.jpg.69a54856708965ae4e4e19fa67bb5edd.jpg

IMG_2022-10-27-182242.jpg.b4d21fa581589093014e5fbb72d23987.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I am going to work on the body tomorrow.

Nice, good luck with the Decals when you get to them, I’ve read they can be a challenge.

A stunning looking thing for sure though when it’s done. I like the sound of aesthetic mechanical workings paired with quirky handling, kind of SRB on steroids 🤣 A Mid would be great but price wise is going beyond my comfort zone. The TS however ticks all the boxes 😁

• Like 2

@Willy iine are you able to share a pic of the front suspension? It looks like its missing a couple of arms or something, is it a strange trailing arm setup? Strangely enough people run those in a vintage class at my club but I've never looked at one up close.

Its summer here (almost) so the yachts have come out. Had a bit of drama with one that had a rusted up rudder from sitting over winter - Whats that all about then? are RTR yacht people doing and not using stainless or brass for stuff that gets wet?! Anyway , now sorted. And was stoked last night checking another forum where asked a question about their scratch build, followed up with 'nevermind, found it here'and linked my racing sparrow build thread from TC. Have a second sparrow about halfway done, started on it again today (unfortunately fixing a previously $%£# up) and strangely found fibreglassing a hull quite therapeutic on a friday afternoon

• Like 3

Fabricated the rear body mount for the Street Scorcher project out of bits and pieces I had to hand. A couple of nuts and bolts to go and should be good..

6884CF88-BA7A-404D-976F-5238C8F876B9.jpg

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Fabricated the rear body mount for the Street Scorcher project out of bits and pieces I had to hand. A couple of nuts and bolts to go and should be good..

Oh you tease!!!!

• Haha 1

The Yachts sound like a nice way to pass some spare time @Jonathon Gillham.

Do you only have control of the sail & rudder, or do they have a small prop & motor just incase? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Oh you tease!!!!

Yeah sorry, just getting on it for an hour or so here and there makes a long winded affair of it. Hopefully all the tricky bits are sorted. Time for some Fish & Chips now though 😁

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Yeah sorry, just getting on it for an hour or so here and there makes a long winded affair of it. Hopefully all the tricky bits are sorted. Time for some Fish & Chips now though 😁

Fish and chips as well that’s a double tease. It’s 8am for us brits!!!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice!  Side or 3/4 shot please

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

The Yachts sound like a nice way to pass some spare time @Jonathon Gillham.

Do you only have control of the sail & rudder, or do they have a small prop & motor just incase? 

Just the sail and rudder, but its surprisingly easy to get the hang of. I think its ideal, easy to do, but hard to master so I can see why those retired guys meet every week. 

18 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I often have zoom calls with you guys and delight in having a glass of red with your breakfast!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Come on chaps…keep up 😉

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Here ya go @Frankster, pretty much where it will be.

7302BEAC-D5EE-483D-9A7E-535FE8BA3DED.md. 

31C41D38-2F62-4D0A-9681-8792A14F0CBE.md. 

F686AB70-A3BA-4374-91E0-7B66FDE60A8D.md.

Very very nice. Possibly the best version of a scorcher I have seen. The orange/white livery is perfect for a bug

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

Very nice @Re-Bugged I like the staggered wheel set up.

Runner or shelf queen?

Definitely built to be run 😃.

This old bodyshell has been morphed onto a few different chassis’s but I think this will be it’s final one.

Really happy with how it’s coming together. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

Very very nice. Possibly the best version of a scorcher I have seen. The orange/white livery is perfect for a bug

Thanks mate. I’m working on another shell at the moment too. I’d be lying if your Brownfoot Ranger tribute didn’t kick the idea off for it. Thanks for the inspiration there 😉  Storm season here now though so that hampers things a bit.

I inadvertently had a bit of a win with the track of the back wheels. I ordered some rear uni drive shafts from the TA02SW manual which apparently are the same as a XV01. But the drive pin for the hex was further out. Using a 850 metal bushing between the pin and hub bearing gave me another 8mm between the back wheels which I like and feel suits the look I was after.

Its all purely for fun this one. 

• Like 1

Chucked some decals out of my random stash on the DT03 and put a faster servo in it. Much better.

(Yeah, gave up on painting the wing, since its been tweaked numerous times now 🙄)

cBT6h3E.jpeg

3hr2ze7.jpeg

• Like 6

3D printed wheels and the Jurassic Park Jeep is one step closer to completion:

e0LMSnV.jpg

Gonna be a nice little trail truck when all done.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Willy iine are you able to share a pic of the front suspension? It looks like its missing a couple of arms or something, is it a strange trailing arm setup? Strangely enough people run those in a vintage class at my club but I've never looked at one up close.

Sure, here are a few pictures.  :D

IMG_2022-10-28-074621.jpg.c50702036409fa4b1a434a638d1062ec.jpg

IMG_2022-10-28-074613.jpg.c7f8a8469d08e3186044977fc6b50c9a.jpg

So for today, I am going to try finishing the body.. given I have some spare time between meetings and work.  Luckily I am working from home today so I can save my commuting time.  Gave it some paint this morning.. B)

Stark contrast from @Re-Bugged polycarbonate painting.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-10-28-074555.jpg.0f0a5a6bcd2f88c58aa8eb9744bf0841.jpg

Update.. Started the decals.  As you all said, it can be pretty intimidating as I think it would be much easier to just paint the blue and stripe the borders later with decal.

But with some EWH technologies, all going well.   :lol:  I do recommend doing #4 decal after doing the later side pieces #6 and #10.  

I am using my 1:1 car clearbra slip solution today as the curves are pretty intense.  Again, hope is all it takes.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-10-28-115607.jpg.429947f4ce2b2640795a47c42b190014.jpg

Update.. I finished the decals.   I will go over the edges again tomorrow as there is still some slip solution left in the edges and corners that need drying.  

Overall, I think the decal-ing was pretty intense, but even I could do it so not too bad.  

IMG_2022-10-28-150548.jpg.3def6d60d0a451602d1969320f9d7616.jpg

Will post up more pictures in the galleries thread later.  B)  ..thanks for checking them out in advance.  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Here ya go @Frankster, pretty much where it will be.

7302BEAC-D5EE-483D-9A7E-535FE8BA3DED.md. 

That turned out beautifully, @Re-Bugged!  Wow, I likes.  :wub:  

I need to first look for staggered wheels and tires for mine.. and figure out which chassis I can chop up to make my street version.  Still a couple of projects ahead, so I still have time to check out vendors that sell dorifuto wheels..

• Thanks 1