Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Wired up the Egress black and gave some color to the driver and wheels.  The gray wheels looked incredibly cheap as is..:wacko: like a Mini-yonku wheel.. even my Gamebol's wheels are painted.. B)

IMG_2022-12-1-091415.jpg.220a4c0066373062726ee62db71ff3a2.jpg

IMG_2022-12-1-091359.jpg.323052ce8ca752c0ccf8f93b0a6a1420.jpg

Oh thanks for the head up! I've not looked at my wheels yet just the manual I'll have a look! Are you spraying them TS gunmetal? 

Hopefully this is the last one its getting kinda expensive but I'm thinking probably not:unsure: I'm going to put the dynatech in it because of its colour not an exact match with the uprights and shocks but near enough for me!

20221201_150145.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, moffman said:

Oh thanks for the head up! I've not looked at my wheels yet just the manual I'll have a look! Are you spraying them TS gunmetal? 

Yeah, TS38 is what I used, gunmetal.  Just needs a light coat to give it that proper color.  I only sprayed the face side.  

• Like 1

Hopefully this is the last one its getting kinda expensive but I'm thinking probably not:unsure: I'm going to put the dynatech in it because of its colour not an exact match with the uprights and shocks but near enough for me!

20221201_150145.jpg

Looks great!  B)  I pulled out my blue ball end stock and placed it next to the blue decal of the Egress black.. it's not close enough and becomes more a distraction so decided to just use the black ends this time.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Looks great!  B)  I pulled out my blue ball end stock and placed it next to the blue decal of the Egress black.. it's not close enough and becomes more a distraction so decided to just use the black ends this time.  

Yeah I think that's the right decision to do! just leave them black I though about the blue ones but I thought it's a black edition so just leave as is but I'm grateful you tried and thought they didn't go! Saves me doing it:D

• Like 1

No problem, @moffman

So.. I am sure all the painters in the world are like “what have you done, Willy iine??! :o

Ummm..Wish me hope..?  :ph34r:

IMG_2022-12-1-122731.jpg.5427fc7f80d4838933a0bff02c0e1af2.jpg

With enough hope injected.. 

IMG_2022-12-1-134434.jpg.f533284b1d60b12b1905627b6b0507a5.jpg

IMG_2022-12-1-140632.jpg.59b41b4ea872ac6372c7357d8c1fa771.jpg

Pretty sexy, right?  

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

No problem, @moffman

So.. I am sure all the painters in the world are like “what have you done, Willy iine??! :o

Ummm..Wish me hope..?  :ph34r:

IMG_2022-12-1-122731.jpg.5427fc7f80d4838933a0bff02c0e1af2.jpg

With enough hope injected.. 

IMG_2022-12-1-134434.jpg.f533284b1d60b12b1905627b6b0507a5.jpg

IMG_2022-12-1-140632.jpg.59b41b4ea872ac6372c7357d8c1fa771.jpg

Pretty sexy, right?  

Absolutely spot on:wub::wub: I didn't have any doubts whatsoever that your egress was going to turn out as a piece of art! That avante Driver just finishes it off perfectly!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Absolutely spot on:wub::wub: I didn't have any doubts whatsoever that your egress was going to turn out as a piece of art! That avante Driver just finishes it off perfectly!

Thanks.  :D   I finished the car and posted in the gallery only thread.  Please check it out when you have time.    B)

The wheels definitely look better with TS38..  that gray plastic has got to go!  :blink: :lol:

• Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 4:51 PM, OOZZEE said:

I just finished building mine, was a nice build as usual, the only problem I had was with the under tray the front pre drilled holes are a bit lower than the original Egress under tray holes, it end up leaving a space between the under tray and the chassis, ill try and get a photo of it tonight.

Hummm.. I finished mine and the tray sits the same height as my rere Egress.. which appears to be perfect. 

My rc evening did not go as planned,

I tried to use dynamite app to charge my batteries on the passport but apparently I need my password and have no idea what it is/was, and there seems to be no way to reset it, so guess no app from now on :( 

Once the batteries were charged I got one in the grasshopper so I could try out a new smooth location for my 50mph attempt, tried to connect to the gps speed thing and found i couldn’t because it was completely dead.

So then I figured I’d pack all that back up and go run my shiny new xv01, but the darkness came rather quick and with no good way to light up the track I canceled that plan as well.

So now I’m discharging batteries and shopping for more rc stuff I don’t need :lol:

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear, @ImALlama     I have days like that.. nothing goes to plan..and worse, I break something due to clumsy.

But happy hunting for more RC gear.  :D 

• Thanks 1

Getting back to finishing my Durga, I took the fan off 10BL120 because of body clearance issue. You guys think it will be OK? The motor is 13.5T 2850KV, and I'm just casual runner.

20221202_105548.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabranth said:

Getting back to finishing my Durga, I took the fan off 10BL120 because of body clearance issue. You guys think it will be OK? The motor is 13.5T 2850KV, and I'm just casual runner.

Should be fine on 2S, but the best way to find out is run it and check temps every couple of minutes. If it's too hot you can always gear down, or cut holes in the body for ventilation!

• Like 1

Did a bit more on the thunder scorcher, front and rear are all done except for the shocks, did the upside down rear a arm mount for toe in and picked the narrow rear shock tower as i think it should make for a little extra space when fitting the shell.

Will put the shocks together and bolt it all to the tub after work.

After that ill start figuring out how to attach the shell to the chassi.

I realized the arms are swept forward/backward when putting them on, anyone happen to know if thundershot arms can be reversed, for a shorter wheelbase, without a lot of other mods?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, moffman said:

Hopefully this is the last one its getting kinda expensive but I'm thinking probably not:unsure:

20221201_150145.jpg

Yeah, theres a Vanquish / VQS missing from that line up

8 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Yeah, theres a Vanquish / VQS missing from that line up

Yeah your right:D! I just couldn't get on with the vqs/vanquish partly because I thought it was a lot of money for what it was! Mind you these aren't particularly cheap by no means and I was in the middle of big house renovations at the time so that one had to pass me by:( and also that truck thing (vajra?) Is that part of the family? I think it has the avante chassis?

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks.  :D   I finished the car and posted in the gallery only thread.  Please check it out when you have time.    B)

The wheels definitely look better with TS38..  that gray plastic has got to go!  :blink: :lol:

On my original topforce evolution I decided to go over the then very rare orange wheels with clear gloss (yeah I know!....WHY:blink:???) I just did and I made a right mess of them not in the sense of the actual finish but they didn't go well at all but I'm gonna give these a go:unsure: 

I tried to PM you to show you something but its unable to send for some reason? 

On my original topforce evolution I decided to go over the then very rare orange wheels with clear gloss (yeah I know!....WHY:blink:???) I just did and I made a right mess of them not in the sense of the actual finish but they didn't go well at all but I'm gonna give these a go:unsure: 

I tried to PM you to show you something but its unable to send for some reason? 

Ouch, sorry to hear about the TF wheels..!  Yeah even just a light coat of TS38 does wonders for these Egress black wheels.  I gave it a moderate coat, but even if you can’t get into all the nooks you won’t be able to tell as the colors are fairly close.

Yeah, I have PM turned off.  Would you be able to ask me here?  B)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

Should be fine on 2S, but the best way to find out is run it and check temps every couple of minutes. If it's too hot you can always gear down, or cut holes in the body for ventilation!

Yeah I'm doing the latter by cutting the parts on the body that looks like air intakes and covering it with a mesh

6 hours ago, moffman said:

Yeah your right:D! I just couldn't get on with the vqs/vanquish partly because I thought it was a lot of money for what it was! Mind you these aren't particularly cheap by no means and I was in the middle of big house renovations at the time so that one had to pass me by:( and also that truck thing (vajra?) Is that part of the family? I think it has the avante chassis?

I have a VQS, and it was the same price as TD4 and at least half of Avante/Egress here in my area. I don't have the latter two but from my research plastic chassis and shocks aside they share the same drive train, same metal knuckles and carbon steering plate etc. It even has niceties that modern mid-end buggies don't came with out of the box like stabilizer set and full CVDs. So in my limited experience the price I paid is not an issue. Do people expect it to be around TT-02B price or something? Yeah it's plastic version of Avante platform but being lower end version of a super high end car, that makes it at least a midrange in my logic. Bonus point, you can run and bash it hard without worrying too much. So I'd say get it, I see it discounted everywhere and you may get it cheaper than I did.

For me, drove my Egress black and had a good time.  It drove real well as expected, nice turn in response with the center one way and 20% drag brake activated on the XR10.  The more I look at it, the more I like the car.. so that is good.

Sorry for the faded picture.. :blink:

IMG_2022-12-2-100021.jpg.15e8b0a72988b441cdbcf3ca21df65ec.jpg

So today is just clean up day and organizing the misc left over Egress bits, I stashed away the box for when I expand my pretend RC shop next summer.. NIB sits next to my tiny collection of Avante family NIB kits.. I'm real glad I got the Egress black .. it's a great car.  B)

IMG_2022-12-2-102233.thumb.jpg.17fd3343343f2870da0fb829668836fd.jpg

• Like 7

Making a stand for my Egress black..  

IMG_2022-12-2-134519.jpg.b612ad56f00b4ecb4690796fdc3174bd.jpg

Going to take a break from RC building for a week or so and work on Willy’s garage accessories next.  :D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gabranth said:

I run a 13.5t on 2S in my Durga, with no fan on the ESC (older LRP setup).  I pre-emptively cut out the air vent directly above the motor, and in years of running (and a couple seasons of racing once upon a time) have never had over heating issues.

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Ouch, sorry to hear about the TF wheels..!  Yeah even just a light coat of TS38 does wonders for these Egress black wheels.  I gave it a moderate coat, but even if you can’t get into all the nooks you won’t be able to tell as the colors are fairly close.

Yeah, I have PM turned off.  Would you be able to ask me here?  B)

Yeah I'm going to do the same with the TS38 thanks for the heads up on the wheels:D

Unfortunately no I can't but it doesn't matter no problem at all mate! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabranth said:

Yeah I'm doing the latter by cutting the parts on the body that looks like air intakes and covering it with a mesh

I have a VQS, and it was the same price as TD4 and at least half of Avante/Egress here in my area. I don't have the latter two but from my research plastic chassis and shocks aside they share the same drive train, same metal knuckles and carbon steering plate etc. It even has niceties that modern mid-end buggies don't came with out of the box like stabilizer set and full CVDs. So in my limited experience the price I paid is not an issue. Do people expect it to be around TT-02B price or something? Yeah it's plastic version of Avante platform but being lower end version of a super high end car, that makes it at least a midrange in my logic. Bonus point, you can run and bash it hard without worrying too much. So I'd say get it, I see it discounted everywhere and you may get it cheaper than I did.

Very valid point! And it was one I probably eventually would get if tamiya and kyosho would stop releasing buggies I absolutely always wanted when they originally came out:rolleyes: 

• Haha 1