Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I unironically slept for most of the morning, woke up and gave the cat some treats, then started on my F104 again. I took out the new NiMH batteries that I had gotten just last week because I haven't had much luck with them. I'd discharge them and only get around 300-500 mah out of them, so I talked with my dad and asked his opinion and it ended up being I had the plugged in the wrong voltage number in the charger :blink:. After that I got the pack down to 6V and then went to charge it. I quickly figured out that my NiMH packs doesn't like being charged at 2 amps after it only put in around 500 mah before it ended the charge. I discharged it again and tried charging at 1.5 amps and that seemed to do the trick. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow and really use that full 3600mah that I payed for :D! Might go down to the local community park tennis courts and lay some cones down to rip around.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nwc100 said:

@Busdriver Don’t give up hope yet, mines not quite as bad yet! AliExpress order of 1060’s and a new GT5 controller for the little one! It would appear to have arrived in Essex on the 1st of December and has been sitting there ever since, it’s quicker to travel from China to the UK than it is to travel 15 miles from the main sorting office to the local one!

I can only see this getting worse in the run up to Christmas, time to avoid RM like the plague!

I’ve had parcels with RM show the same tracking info as your being prepared again, I think all the RM systems are bit dodgy!

721E07C3-0EA7-4E5E-8C57-9ADC2BB68ECF.thumb.jpeg.b2ea483b02c607940bcd588456d3cf1e.jpeg

This may not be popular here but surely the RM strikes are because their conditions are less than ideal? So a few days late for our parts aren't the end of the world? 

We have some people in NZ who have terrible working conditions which I suspect are the same everywhere

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

This may not be popular here but surely the RM strikes are because their conditions are less than ideal? So a few days late for our parts aren't the end of the world? 

We have some people in NZ who have terrible working conditions which I suspect are the same everywhere

People withholding their labour (and therefore not getting paid) is rarely solely about money.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 3:22 PM, Nick-W said:

Very much so. A series of days over the last couple of months. I’m waiting on a couple of domestic EBay orders that are two weeks late. 
Good luck with it. I’m sure it’ll get through eventually. 

Thanks for wishing me luck because my parcel arrived the local metropolitan hub this morning.   A couple more days to go! :D 

For me, in a few minutes going to start working on my Javelin. B)

Update.. deck swap underway.. 

IMG_2022-12-9-082328.jpg.a087532dd78ba6646894ffea39d2b297.jpg

Finished the swap… oh my goodness.. this made my day.  :D   Will take a few pictures and post them up in the gallery only thread.   Please check it out if interested.  TIA. B)

IMG_2022-12-9-084905.jpg.6661e6498aaafb4e9a6a588d7581abee.jpg

Update.. started the Avante driver on my Egress. :D  Made the platform, test fitted.  Just needs paint.  

IMG_2022-12-9-130844.jpg.78f2d54a9e79d4caf70118b52ec1a111.jpg

Update.. I was going to paint the driver tomorrow, but nothing else to do today.. decided to give it some color.  Will finish him up later today.  :D 

IMG_2022-12-9-133729.jpg.d9fc6d9ae23a309befd6ca21f84a6d9c.jpg

All the painters in the world are like :blink: on my black cockpit.. .. :ph34r: wish me hope.. 

Final update the day..  will work on the. body tomorrow.  

IMG_2022-12-9-171719.jpg.9ebaa5d06617a81ba276571ac337fa3f.jpg

IMG_2022-12-9-171700.jpg.6439e1e3475cce3a91b5fcf1120a060e.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 10

I let the NiMH pack charge overnight and woke up to a nice end charge of 3200mah. I have the other one currently on charge, so we'll see if it yield the same results. I put the new pack into the F104 and it went just fine. I decided to swap the RZ super stock motor back in to see if maybe the battery charge was the problem, and I can now affirm that it was indeed the problem. Went on a stroll around the neighborhood with the new battery and motor setup and it FLIES :D! I ended up peeling out half the time, one might say I'm going to need new tires soon :lol:. Also my PLA printed rear wing ended up snapping on the lower foil, so hopefully thin CA will keep it together until I can make a better design

IMG_5472.thumb.jpg.9ea95a92445c2543f20d56e5a1458434.jpgIMG_5473.thumb.jpg.c7e00cde423e16b5031e59a1d5d76837.jpg

• Like 5

The other day while racing my grasshopper around the driveway I decided to be lazy and instead of playing catch with my dogs I’d let them chase an rc :D, so I took out my cheetah but quickly learned the rear diff is still broke, guess I never got around to changing it. So on to the kraton, until I couldn’t find the correct transmitter for it, seems it’s the only one I hadn’t changed over to the dumbo. So I grabbed a Baja Rey and invited my dad and his dogs along so lots of fun with four dogs a Baja Rey and his super Baja Rey :lol:. The reys now have bite marks and holes thanks to my German shepherd but at least we have spare bodies so they can look nice again.

C1784C62-4EE7-409B-85A8-282D9F17F842.thumb.jpeg.0f9d7e09e6238b4e9a1138e14622a05b.jpeg

So today I’ve searched through all my stuff and located the spare parts and the cheetah and kraton are fixed and ready to get chewed up :lol: (hopefully not)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I've not had much time for RC the last month or so. But, today I managed to get these 'stone guards' made for a few TT-02 builds I've got planned for the end of 2022 beginning of 2023. I just made a template from some clear lexan, and then traced it out on to some 1mm black styrene. Good enough.

Egwjg4R.jpg

GyC5T0k.jpg

• Like 7

Dang, @ImALlama !  lol.  wow, RC with huge bite marks.  :lol:

So I was airstorming a moment ago (one needs a brain to brainstorm, so.. :blink:) and decided I'm going to make a couple of dry cells next for Willy's shop.    Like those Odyssey 1:1 car batteries but in 1:10 size.  Should be easy to make with only 6 short tubes and top/bottom.  :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Thanks for wishing me luck because my parcel arrived the local metropolitan hub this morning.   A couple more days to go! :D 

Brilliant! That’s great news. 

• Like 1

Got some static kits off the local second hand Facebook page. All these for £35.

KpJFizG.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

I've not had much time for RC the last month or so. But, today I managed to get these 'stone guards' made for a few TT-02 builds I've got planned for the end of 2022 beginning of 2023. I just made a template from some clear lexan, and then traced it out on to some 1mm black styrene. Good enough.

Egwjg4R.jpg

GyC5T0k.jpg

Nice.   I could use one of those for my buggies

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

Egwjg4R.jpg

GyC5T0k.jpg

Very nice. I need to make myself one of those.

Almost there…

I have to trim the t-buckles and work out the connection to the knuckles, but action and fit is nice…

ETds6ax.jpg

• Like 7

20221126_160248

Started piecing together an Avante 2001 from Egress bits. Its not legit but it will give appearance of a completed Avante series on the shelf at least. White wheels are unobtanium but not wholly necessary on the quasi-2001 version. Still have to finish the wing and make up a cockpit along with a few odds-n-ends. These were always my least favorite of the Avante family but I'm still happy to have a semi-facsimile version to display.

• Like 9

For those of you with knowledge of F1 cars, would you please let me know if there is such thing as CF lower deck for the F104 Pro2?

I see Tamiya sells the top deck and some other CF pieces, but the goal is to have both top and bottom decks CF... or is there a reason why I should keep it FRP or whatever that sheet is made out of?  I am aware just stiffening everything up is not always good for handling.  

TIA.  B)  My wife apparently bought me a F104 Pro2 and should be here from Japan in time for xmas.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For those of you with knowledge of F1 cars, would you please let me know if there is such thing as CF lower deck for the F104 Pro2?

I see Tamiya sells the top deck and some other CF pieces, but the goal is to have both top and bottom decks CF... or is there a reason why I should keep it FRP or whatever that sheet is made out of?  I am aware just stiffening everything up is not always good for handling.  

TIA.  B)  My wife apparently bought me a F104 Pro2 and should be here from Japan in time for xmas.

I can't see any reason why a CF lower deck would be a bad thing. The F103 has it listed as an upgrade, and the F104 II Pro has one as standard, as do the TRF F1s.

One of these days when I add the F104 Pro II to my fleet, I plan to get all the FRP bits except the T-bar recreated in CF by Fibre Lyte, a company that I have used before for such things, as have several other UK-based members. Perhaps you have a local equivalent?

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

I can't see any reason why a CF lower deck would be a bad thing. The F103 has it listed as an upgrade, and the F104 II Pro has one as standard, as do the TRF F1s.

One of these days when I add the F104 Pro II to my fleet, I plan to get all the FRP bits except the T-bar recreated in CF by Fibre Lyte, a company that I have used before for such things, as have several other UK-based members. Perhaps you have a local equivalent?

Thanks!   Huh, that carbon lower deck does not appear to have the pretty CF, wesves.. but I guess I will use that and grab the CF weave upper deck option for visual..

Finally finished the rally car cockpit for my XV-01 Delta. It's not a patch on some of the amazing work people on here can do, but for my abilities it's turned out a lot better than I thought it would. I was worried I'd be annoyed by what I managed to achieve, but I'm really pleased with it.

IMG_5444 - Copy.JPG

IMG_E5442 - Copy.JPG

• Like 10

So finally my XV-01 Delta is actually finished. And there was still a bit of frost on my road, so perfect for a first outing!

IMG_5446 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5447 - Copy.JPG

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Nice job, @Frankster !  I like what you did with the bonnet stripe too.  :D  Very creative.  

Thanks @Willy iine.   Racking my brain how I can use the remaining decals.  The white square in the middle would have been too lonely. Roof is still blank

• Like 1