Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today I made a start on a Morris Minor pickup shell for my GF-01 by cutting and shortening a Kamtec Morris Minor van body:

2022-12-16_07-36-49

Eventually it will have a spout and a handle, and will be an entrant into next year's Splendid Teapot Hillclimb.

• Like 17

Thanks @Aerobert, appreciate that mate👍🏻 Time to investigate further mods I think.

...and yeah definitely the trucks fault😉... danger is in the very name of it😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Oh no:(. I'm also sure it was the truck;). Hopefully your son will be fine again soon @Kol__.

Regarding the run time of the lipo battery I never watched the clock when running it but I would estimate between 20 and 30 minutes. I'm using the 4000 mAh Gartpot 2S Lipos. They are round hard case batteries and fit the Tamiyas very well. They were quite cheap when I've bought them, around 25€, but I'm not sure if they are still available.

The tires are cheap monster truck tires from eBay. They come with chrome plated plastic rims but they fits the kit wheels perfectly. And they are looking great on this truck, like a Monster Truck.

Here's the link:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/225259623178?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-127634-2357-0&ssspo=ji03ozantxy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=PX2xHBTCTKm&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=MORE

And here are two pics of mine when it was not so beaten like it now is:

IMG20211010163655_compress78.thumb.jpg.9c8e1ab8cbe4a727dc41ce728b16781e.jpg

IMG20211010160852_BURST004_compress46.thumb.jpg.9aef3664a6b7bd9cbe8afbe8acdd8213.jpg

As you can see on the first picture I also fitted cheap Carson oil shocks.

Lovely, that looks so much better than stock!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Thanks @Aerobert, appreciate that mate👍🏻 Time to investigate further mods I think.

...and yeah definitely the trucks fault😉... danger is in the very name of it😂

Hop-ups are getting scarce for this chassis now but there is a decent thread here about mods

My son loves his Dual Hunter, a great first truck for him. He's had it on 55T motors to slow it down then back up to silver cans as he got more competent. We currently have it stripped down to rebuild and re-shell in the New Year.

Hope you and yours have as much fun with your truck!

• Like 1

Was itching to go out and run my hornet. Went out and sent it!

so much fun. Now time to clean lol

35733F0A-6B40-450D-9F4D-8802AE90B286.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-12-16-181825.jpg.099c039bfdcf67052f6c5203a16d296d.jpg

Oh yes 👍🏻 very nice. Great details on the driver gloves too.

I’ve tentatively been looking for Alloy wheels for the Turbo Scorpion, those you have there aren’t 2.2’s are they?? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Ordered a Super Hotshot and a big pile of related things. Winter project will be a hopped up Hotshot 2.

Nice, I find myself looking at Hot Shots more and more lately, looking forward to this build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went out for a single opportunity I had for some Postal Racing.

Lucky I went early as parking can be tight at times…

A1770316-CD0D-4B01-B4FB-3EFC129D198A.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Well in my anxious waiting for my soon to be delivered TT-02, and with my first college semester now being finished, I've been trying to burn up some time. I did some CAD modeling to make a some somewhat accurate looking 5-spoke Speedline F1 front wheel for my F104W that I can 3d print. I plan on trying to resin print it with an engineering grade resin in hopes that it's durable enough. The current model should work with foam donuts, but I also want to make a set that works with Tamiya rubber tires since I can't find a Tamiya made rubber version of this wheel. I've been wanting to put rubber tires on my F104w to give it a more scale appearance and heard they don't wear down as fast, so hopefully this allows me to do that. Also figured out my F104 is out of commission for the moment since I blew through my front tires while driving on the tennis court. I have the foam, I just need to follow through with cutting my own foam donuts.

1185714324_FrontWheelPicture.thumb.jpg.dc1831d87fe19cb55839a0dcd70cd3cc.jpg 896979818_SpeedlineFrontWheelCADModel.PNG.9bd9d365d415fa5ff9dcc686be63a0a6.PNG

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Hope you're all well, good to see all the cool stuff you guys have been up to of late😎👍🏻

I picked up a Wild Dagger cheap on eBay earlier this week, hardly been used. Swapped out the plastic bushes in the wheels for bearings and the hexes for alloy ones and took it out for a drive. Just kept the standard MSC in it and it ran fine in vintage style. Used a vintage pistol grip Tamiya Expec transmitter with it as well. First time driving a WT-01 chassis and also first time with a twin motor truck. Certainly not fast by any means, but can get up and over pretty much anything 😂

dyG1LQw.jpeg

Being twin motor, it went through the Nimh batteries fairly quickly. Might look at the twin battery chassis upgrade and then upgrading the motors for a brushless setup. Anyone got any experience of modding this chassis?

Funny you picked one up.  I saw one for sale locally and it peaked my interest.   After the Clod era, I was not into RC’s for a while and was not aware of this chassis. Twin motors and potential 4WS is intriguing.  

@Aerobert is that an Extreme Blackfoot body?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Re-Bugged said:

Oh yes 👍🏻 very nice. Great details on the driver gloves too.

I’ve tentatively been looking for Alloy wheels for the Turbo Scorpion, those you have there aren’t 2.2’s are they?? 

Thanks!  No, those are 1.9, same size as the kit wheels for the Beetle.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nice, I find myself looking at Hot Shots more and more lately, looking forward to this build.

Same. I have always loved how they looked. Any of the series was on my teenage want list. The reality of the truly awful steering on the Boomerwig I did a while back pushed me to sell that. However, managing to get a decent setup on that stock monoshock Thunder Dragon I built got me thinking I could get one driving nicely. And the earlier hotshot cars lend themselves more easily to sorting out the steering. I have an M05 steering set on the way as well. Hopefully it will turn out nice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frankster said:

Funny you picked one up.  I saw one for sale locally and it peaked my interest.   After the Clod era, I was not into RC’s for a while and was not aware of this chassis. Twin motors and potential 4WS is intriguing.  

@Aerobert is that an Extreme Blackfoot body?

It's a JConcepts F-250 body with Traxxas roll bar. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Hop-ups are getting scarce for this chassis now but there is a decent thread here about mods

11 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

My son loves his Dual Hunter, a great first truck for him. He's had it on 55T motors to slow it down then back up to silver cans as he got more competent. We currently have it stripped down to rebuild and re-shell in the New Year.

Hope you and yours have as much fun with your truck!

Thanks BadC, time to start an investigation into a new model, now who doesn't love a bit of that in this hobby 😉👍🏻

• Like 1

For me, started the day sanding the SandScorcher mirrors to use on my Kyosho Beetle.. only to realize after I placed an order for another pair that I could've just made these out of styrene.. :ph34r:  Not good to make decisions while sleepy airhead + dumb.. 

Anyway, I sprayed them black and once it dries I will mount onto the body and start the chassis today.  :D   

IMG_2022-12-17-084941.jpg.1e700ee1ff10e39c7929cd30afb5a872.jpg

Update.. finished the body (for now), moved onto building the chassis.

IMG_2022-12-17-125707.jpg.a47ac7748eb85beb30074164b833fcb4.jpg 

IMG_2022-12-17-125725.jpg.718a4a50c266fc6e3957bfa3a9ec6ee7.jpg

Final update for today… will install the electronics tomorrow.  :D 

IMG_2022-12-17-164901.jpg.d744af06b438ca93af85dc94170481fb.jpg

Btw, I think I’m going to be one nylon nut short.. :blink::lol:

IMG_2022-12-17-165858.jpg.59e4872dc5b410cd5155c455821c5372.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 10

No time for anything RC related today. We got 20 cm of snow, so this day has gone for mounting chains and snowplow on the little grey Fergie. Here it is idling and everything is fine. It is so nice to have such machinery, which requires a minimum of maintainanze and just performs. To clear off the 55 m of driveway is just a joy. 

Still I got to do one RC related thing: I bought a nice second hand Terra Scorcher rereB). It's for the kids, so they do not wreck my TD, which turned out way too good and is reserved for grownups. 

Messaging1671283784729.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

AnhzscM.jpeg

The Jeep got its wheels dirty in the first run in the park since completion. 35T motor. No roll overs and seems very well balanced with the extra weight in the front. Good running over medium grass too, and decently speedy in the concrete. 

Very happy all in all.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

AnhzscM.jpeg

The Jeep got its wheels dirty in the first run in the park since completion. 35T motor. No roll overs and seems very well balanced with the extra weight in the front. Good running over medium grass too, and decently speedy in the concrete. 

Very happy all in all.

Did the attack come from the sides Nikko? Bet you didn't know that the other two were even there😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Did the attack come from the sides Nikko? Bet you didn't know that the other two were even there😉

I was more worried about the goose which scales up to around t rex size!

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

I was more worried about the goose which scales up to around t rex size!

Holy **** mate! ...imagine getting gobbled up by a T-Rex sized goose beak! Quack that!🦆

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 12/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, Willy iine said:

Here is the body.. 

IMG_2022-12-16-143957.jpg.54b2524b998fa478fd366f7e87697bb7.jpg

Willy iine, that looks amazing what Tamiya blue did you use? Or is it Faskolor?

• Thanks 1

Decided to paint the Kyosho 1/8 Ferrari 458 Italia body set
if it look nice then I might get the Inferno GT3 chassis kit and convert it to electric (brushless) That will be my next project.

ADD1E7FC-EFF9-4A95-A426-4F4A3644E088.jpeg

30835EBD-1B1C-45E7-81FA-5288C80E95B2.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JYCM3 said:

Willy iine, that looks amazing what Tamiya blue did you use? Or is it Faskolor?

Thanks!   I am running PS59.  :D 

• Thanks 1

Having built nothing at all this year, I’ve completed a couple of TA04 projects this week. One is a heavily upgraded TA04R (R for Racing Spec I believe) with shortened wheelbase, making this a TA04RS. The other is a TA04-TRF but with a few alu parts swapped from blue to plain and a couple of other slight variations. Next step will be to try out the Fun TA04 2-Speed conversion set I bought last year, which I’ll fit to the TRF 👍

919650F9-2EBB-4DC7-8E5D-FE7C02D5913B.jpeg

8AB99AFE-0CB4-4CFA-AD2F-3E1EF0BA9149.jpeg

• Like 12