Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nice work, @Yoshimitsu!

For me, finished painting the drivers, will apply a few decals to complete.  :D

Next up.. Willy’s hand pump extractor.. :ph34r: wish me hope.. :blink:

IMG_2022-12-22-101058.jpg.34e9dbeeb843c80dce196c46da3fbf02.jpg

Final update.. Finished the drivers and posted in the gallery only thread.  Please check it out if interested.  B)  I posted a reel on IG as well. 

Next up.. extractor.  :ph34r:

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 7

I spent all afternoon yesterday till about 1 in the morning (so that counts as something I've done today;)) building this beauty. Forgive the backdrop, that's something else I need to work on:lol:

IMG_5576.thumb.jpg.9289dc97d8fdc5adf499bef9caba5adc.jpg

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, An_RC_Guy said:

I spent all afternoon yesterday till about 1 in the morning (so that counts as something I've done today;)) building this beauty. Forgive the backdrop, that's something else I need to work on:lol:

Very nice!  Someday I will get myself a Tamiya Porsche.  B)

• Thanks 1

Really want to get started on my custom paint masks and get my td4 painted so I can finally be finished (it’s only been over a year :lol:), so went to the hobby shop and picked up a some paint for it and other projects.

0C01476C-DF3F-409B-9792-6D67CA20CC93.jpeg.70087b8701f6b66b83bd07e0690479b1.jpeg

And of course shortly after arriving home my cougar arrived :D, so looks like I need to go back for more paint :mellow:

• Like 7

Sounds like a busy weekend coming up @ImALlama!   Congrats on the Schumacher.   :D 

I just realized I only had one adapter to connect my Futaba transmitter batteries to my fast charger.  So made a rudimentary adapter.. :ph34r:  

IMG_2022-12-22-160001.jpg.58ac940141c8d0551f20b7ee58bbf242.jpg

IMG_2022-12-22-160014.jpg.1cc135e447a76836c4c4cac6556e446e.jpg

Update.. woot!  with repetitive high amp charge, I was able to revive a dead on arrival Futaba NiMH battery pack I recently bought.  :D  Can't do this on conventional slow charger.  

IMG_2022-12-22-185212.jpg.95dad199f5a137b70e5ddd7d102ec7b2.jpg

Also started Willy's extractor.  It's the usual short and stubby deformed version for Willy.  :lol:

IMG_2022-12-22-185155.jpg.9d7e39ee5cdea6ae8e115649570b16e8.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 5

I built a Grasshopper II Black Edition. I've thought about building a Grasshopper II for years, and I was thinking about getting one for my nephew (get him into the hobby, then it'll be his parent's problem... :lol:) and I wanted to see if it'd be an appropriately-easy build for a 10 year-old.

What a great little car! It's easy to see why it's such a classic. The stock suspension is terrible and the gearbox slap - well, I haven't done anything about that yet.. I used the sport-tuned 380 and I think it's perfectly sporty for a 10 year-old with tons of upgrade potential. 

I bought the recommended CVA damper set for it but I found them to be incredibly stiff. Like - horribly stiff. It made it even more bouncy and it couldn't put power to the ground at all. So I replaced those with a set off an Axial Yeti Jr. Can Am and I really like the look!

Really happy with it! And I know when I get the regular white version for my nephew he'll be hooked!

You're welcome in advance, nephew's parents! :P

2MsbFVv.jpg

1lp241E.jpg

• Like 9

Continuing on with the extractor today.. :D 

IMG_2022-12-23-100738.jpg.894729acb18cdf241c34ff57c10a7980.jpg

Final update for today.. will work on the tube and adapters tomorrow.   :D 

IMG_2022-12-23-163320.jpg.d1d0e377d0e083ef08887a4e26975cfd.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 10

Worked on the Juggernaut's shocks, as I want a dual-shock setup with a lower ride height.

3D printed adapter blocks to attach the new shocks closest to the axle.

PzOEjLW.jpg

And as I want to increase the wheelbase, I need to make an adapter that moves the forward upper mounting hole to the front, that is next on the list to print.

9D73LDI.jpg

• Like 6

@Re-Bugged Somewhere you asked me about 2.2 alloy wheels for the 2WD Kyosho buggies.  It's not alloy, but I got these aluminum finish looking wheels on my TurboScorpion today.. posted pictures in the gallery thread.  :D   They look fantastic, imo.. B)

IMG_2022-12-23-183826.jpg.553877ec0a4617f86b37d33df344fcd6.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks @Willy iine 👍🏻
they would do nicely, I’m was thinking of painting the kit one’s, but that’s a better option for shelf duties. Contemplating a slight silver to white fade on the bonnet as I’ve got a bit of Anodised Silver left and would also tie in 🤔 Nothing set in concrete yet so will see what happens 😉

• Like 1

I picked up a rather nice looking QD Thunder Dragon for £16 posted on eBay. I've got a brushless motor going spare, and really enjoy my QD beetle, so this will be a nice addition. I've wanted a QD Thunder Dragon for a while.

• Like 4

Well I have a bit of a dilemma at the moment:unsure: I started my egress black edition and got as far as applying gearing from the H parts and couldn't find the H parts sprue:( I looked and looked again knowing that its highly unlikely its been missed out on the packing at the tamiya factory so took a trip back down to my LHS to inform the owner of the missing parts! He was as astonished as me that the parts were missing so give him his credit he phoned the hobby company and again although I could only hear one side of the conversation it was definitely astonishment that the parts tree was missing (you know were this is going?) Anyway gets back home started to pack away until parts arrive and my tamiya wrench fell on the floor bent over to pick said wrench up and yes there was the H parts sprue under the table were I'd looked 20 times previously!........Dilemma is do I tell LHS who is also a very good friend or just keep a low profile until parts arrive say nothing? Taking into account I'm an honest and genuine guy and it will eat me up inside! I've kinda answered my own question here! 

20221224_110500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

@moffman at least you can continue on with your build.  I would just call the store to tell your friend you found the piece and will pay him for the parts tree.  

If he says don’t worry about it, then drop by next time with donuts or something.   :D   GL with your build!  

• Like 8

Blaster got a nose job and a tummy tuck... I fabricated a new nosecone from a different kind of juice bottle this time, made a new mount for it, and lowered the front of the main body so it's mounted underneath the shock tower brace instead of over the top. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet due to the blizzard, but I'm really digging the look! I never really liked how round the other nosecone was, and how high the front of the car still was. Now it's much more svelte, with a bit of a rake even, and doesn't look totally stupid with regular buggy wheels on for once! Reminds me a bit of a Lotus or early F1, and a little of that crazy twin engine buggy thing from The Road Warrior. Also kind of looks like a fish mouth :lol:

aero_04.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

@moffman you answered your own question and posted on a forum open to the public . :D Karma will ensure something good comes of it. At least you don't have the wait for the new sprue.

• Like 2

For me, finished the fluid extractor’s tubing and nozzle.  Going to take a quick break and spray some white on the extractor and do the rest by brush.   .. wish me hope.. :ph34r:

IMG_2022-12-24-101548.jpg.20ce7e0209a9050d8efa9c65ce7a220d.jpg

IMG_2022-12-24-101557.jpg.6dff5fd65e5d14974ec43db440dcb266.jpg

Final update.. finished the extractor and posted in the gallery only thread.  Please check it out if interested.  TIA!  B)

@moffman I have a long trail of these projects and my cars in my profile ABOUT ME  section if you want to check it out that way.. please hit my sig under my post or my avatar.   

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It's obvious that your going to own up @moffman and your right, a clear conscience on the eve of Christmas will bring a large sack of Tamiya goodness 👍🏻

hopefully 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, El Gecko said:

aero_04.jpg

I ❤️ this thing. It's epic! 

Wide mouthed frog?

It makes me want to give my DT-03 a great big recycling makeover. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svenb said:

It's obvious that your going to own up @moffman and your right, a clear conscience on the eve of Christmas will bring a large sack of Tamiya goodness 👍🏻

hopefully 

R I hope so mate! If that was the case I'd own up to everything:ph34r: and yes I did go down to wish him and his family happy Christmas..........then as I was walking out I just happened to mention it!:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Badcrumble said:

Have a look at Tiger sports cars @El Gecko.

https://tigerracing.com/kit/tiger-r6-r10

Their old Lotus-Seven-Inspired-sports cars have a similar mouth / bonnet, to my mind.

The wheels are a bit bigger on yours though!

:o They made the onroad version of my car! :lol:

Eventually I do plan to add headlights which will bring them even closer.

48 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

I ❤️ this thing. It's epic! 

Wide mouthed frog?

It makes me want to give my DT-03 a great big recycling makeover. 

Thanks! All it takes is some cutting with scissors and a bit of paint (of course mine was poorly done in the cold weather, but at least there's color on it)

Oh and probably custom body mounts, too. But that's part of the fun, right? You mostly can't see it, but the rear of the main body is held on with a large twist tie :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, El Gecko said:

:o They made the onroad version of my car! :lol:

Eventually I do plan to add headlights which will bring them even closer.

Thanks! All it takes is some cutting with scissors and a bit of paint (of course mine was poorly done in the cold weather, but at least there's color on it)

Oh and probably custom body mounts, too. But that's part of the fun, right? You mostly can't see it, but the rear of the main body is held on with a large twist tie :D

Oh I think there's a bit more to it than that. My own effort didn't quite evoke the same sense of, er [looking like a car?]. 

Reduce Reuse Recycle

• Like 2
  • Haha 5