Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, now moving onto soldering the ESC. man.. this is such a pretty chassis.   The lower CF deck and damper towers are like twice the thickness of Egress..  Egress I can still tweak the chassis (twist) but the MID is at a whole different level of rigidity.  B)

IMG_2022-12-27-110633.jpg.c0f853133c7dc793639e16dc097baaa0.jpg

• Like 11

Just completed chassis part of m05 build. Wow. This thing is nimble and handles very well! Really want to go to a local track and play with it.

I wasn’t too impressed by mf-01x, but m05 is totally different in a good way.

I am curious about m06…

88F81ADA-23C6-4905-AE83-54DAD567A6AF.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

The lower CF deck and damper towers are like twice the thickness of Egress..  Egress I can still tweak the chassis (twist) but the MID is at a whole different level of rigidity.  B)

Is that a bad thing though, could a bit of flex/give in a chassis be a good thing? Certainly that's the case in something like 1:1 motorcycles, where as with 1/10th RC's I'm not so sure.

The Kyosho sure looks **** good that's for sure!😎

• Thanks 1

As with motorcycles, flex is desirable in RC cars.  Long travel shocks will sort out any issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

I think today is going to be a good day 

20221227-123428.jpg

Congrats!

Enjoy the build. :)

• Thanks 1

@Sogogi I think others here would suggest you look at an M08 rather than an M06. I've not had either (yet, got too many M04s) but the '08 gets better reports than the '06 from what I can tell. A shame it doesn't come with a body though.

I like my M05-RA, it is certainly more nimble than the '04 but I'm an infrequent casual user, not a racer.

4 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

@Sogogi I think others here would suggest you look at an M08 rather than an M06. I've not had either (yet, got too many M04s) but the '08 gets better reports than the '06 from what I can tell. A shame it doesn't come with a body though.

I like my M05-RA, it is certainly more nimble than the '04 but I'm an infrequent casual user, not a racer.

Oh m08 is on my list too! Maybe i should just directly go with m08 :).

I also got m05 golf mk2 which i plan to make as a rally machine (need to buy ra uprights which i think is the only difference?)

3 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Is that a bad thing though, could a bit of flex/give in a chassis be a good thing? Certainly that's the case in something like 1:1 motorcycles, where as with 1/10th RC's I'm not so sure.

The Kyosho sure looks **** good that's for sure!😎

Thanks!  :D No, not a bad thing.. you want the core to be solid so that you can make calculated adjustments with the suspension tuning.  When your core flexes that means you got a moving target making it more difficult to tune.  But then not sure how much tuning is needed while displayed on the shelf.  :D  Egress flex has a healthy amount, but history has shown MID is a world championship class machine.. so that might say something as to why it was designed that way.  

• Like 1

Awesome @Ferruz!  GL with the build.  Did you get the poster too with your kit?  My recent kit did not include anything.. no bonus body no poster.. I'm okay without since I already have 2, but those bonus packs were a nice option!

Update.. Almost there on mine.. :D  passed bench test. 

IMG_2022-12-27-151442.jpg.2b8a78989b1bc847d5ff4cac67710325.jpg

Final Update.. car is set up and finished, passed test drive.   I will post pictures later today in the galleries (and my profile).  Please check it out if interested.  TIA.. B)  I will be doing a darker MID-Night body in the coming weeks.

IMG_2022-12-27-161933.jpg.4e7b52ce4bdf1a2137d82b17016a993e.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, moffman said:

20221227_124252.jpg

Very nice my man 👍🏻 
Just curious, but I’m wondering what they would be like with the wheels swapped with each other 🤔

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ferruz said:

I think today is going to be a good day 

20221227-123428.jpg

Is that because it’s stopped snowing??

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Very nice my man 👍🏻 
Just curious, but I’m wondering what they would be like with the wheels swapped with each other 🤔

What a good idea! Can the @moffman oblige?😎

3 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome @Ferruz!  GL with the build.  Did you get the poster too with your kit?

Thank you my friend! Can't wait to see your MIDnight 🤩

Fortunately yes, my kit came with the elusive poster and the Turbo Optima Mid "initial bonus pack". SO glad it did, as I know that a few amongst the first batch didn't have the poster included. Price wise, a Kyosho NIB kit is quite above my comfort zone, so in the rare occasion of me getting one I'm happy if it comes with the extra bells and whistles 😀 And I am sure it will be worth the money! 💥

Now I have to decide which side of the poster to display in my RC corner... 🤔

And today, just after posting about my build start, I had to leave the house to run some errands instead. Given the change of plans, I packed a couple RCs in the trunk and once done I went to a playground that I haven't visited ina  while, I reckon since before the pandemic. It was perfect for an enjoyable run. And a bit of a life saver too, since there's way too much fresh snow everywhere else to be able to run even a monster truck (and no way I'd drive on the city's steets because of the salt). Good times despite the cold, but now that I'm back it's a little late to start something as religious and important as the Mid build... so I think I'll extend the contemplation phase just until tomorrow morning 😅

Some good urban action today.20221227-182038.jpg

Screenshot-20221227-182814-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20221227-183002-Video-Player.

• Like 12

10 hours ago, Kol__ said:

What a good idea! Can the @moffman oblige?😎

Yep no problem pink with grey?

1 hour ago, moffman said:

20221228_092822.jpg

Oh yeah 👍🏻
One of each would do very nicely thank you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moffman said:

@Kol__ @Re-Bugged  hope this helps? I think we're onto something here;)

20221228_092822.jpg

Awesome mate, thanks @moffman, the black Egress with the black wheels looks so much better, like it means business now!😎For the first time, I'm actually really tempted, thanks🤦🏻😂 

(Excellent motor choices too bud👍)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankster said:

If I recall @Willy iine painted his black egress wheels… black 🤔

Actually mine is TS38 gunmetal.  It changes the refinement of the entire car imo.. but this is just me. B)

I just don't  like the Mini-yonku looking quality wheels in that gray.. even my Mini-yonku's wheels were painted TS38.  :lol:  That said, I am going to go back and paint the AeroAvante's wheel TS38 as well later on..

IMG_2022-12-1-174941.jpg.a35a3e7e0b2d908cd79e2b79b454c40d.jpg

IMG_2022-6-29-110937.jpg.41e9f189c0d8656c02ee057a77367d81.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Awesome mate, thanks @moffman, the black Egress with the black wheels looks so much better, like it means business now!😎For the first time, I'm actually really tempted, thanks🤦🏻😂 

(Excellent motor choices too bud👍)

Agreed!  The gold nut is a nice touch as well.  I donno @moffman, I think those gray wheels need to be painted.  I've seen the gunmetal body Egress with the gray wheels and it's really the wheels that is the weakness of this car.. again just my opinion and and I know no one asked.  :lol:

Now heading back to hide under my RC work desk.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Got my Christmas build finished up and had a quick blast with one of my bashing shells on it, it’s running a sport tuned at the moment but will get the TBLM 10.5t fitted when I find a little time for the soldering and cabling on it, it’s had plenty of hop ups added including a lot of carbon reinforced parts, carbon shock mounts and all the blue ball connectors added and blue and titanium turnbuckles, pretty certain very few of them make any difference for me too notice but made for an enjoyable build, other than realising half way through I’d used one standard  and one carbon A arm and had to pull it apart a little 🤦🏼🤦🏼

E27EDF86-A99A-41F1-B79C-1300768EABE5.thumb.jpeg.a62573455d2b1fff5051b4795eec0df7.jpegCAE6C771-67B8-4C88-B4A0-8BF50FF78BA2.thumb.jpeg.242f32f5f7c23cfba57a9186c956affd.jpeg

• Like 4

Very nice @Sgt.Speirs :wub:

For me, I am going to make a stand for my MID today as I usually do and install the stabilizer set that is sleeping in the parts bin.  I shall start the 2nd dress up body for the MID-night version later in the week.  I will call it complete for my vintage buggy series once that is done.  B)  

I want to play with the Hakosuka GTR's suspension before I cue up the 420X.. I know I can make the Fazer II to drive better.. it's too stiffly sprung out of the box.  I want it to sway while turning to make it appear more realistic... and not bounce over smaller bumps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1