Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Busy making 3D models for parts to add to the Jugger.

• New shock mounting because the suspension geometry is slightly changed from my previous set-up.
  • Some spacers I need for the pick-up bed.
  • A battery tray, that required 9 hours of printing.... So save that for later.

And still need to do a new hinge system for the bed, but thankfully the plan for this car does come together. ^_^

Today I finished the paint job.

I like the nippon look, fits just right for this Japanese Ferrari.

First time I use the smoke spray, I was very careful to spray multiple (5 ?) very thin layers from a distance, and the result is right.

However I got trapped with the fluo red bleeding under the white hood 😕. I thought I was careful to put 3 white layers and another silver layer underneath before the fluo, but it bleeds a lot nevertheless. I guess I learned something... Next time I will have to mask the body inner surface for fluo. Or stick to the "darker-color-first" rule (here I wanted the whole inner surface black, so I departed from the rule)

20230120_205246.jpg

20230120_205105.jpg

20230120_205128.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I tried to create a spinner rim. Well technically I 'did' create a spinner rim, but it doesn't weigh enough to overcome the grease friction in the bearing, so I guess it's a fidget toy now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImALlama said:

Back from lunch and tried flipping the rear arms. It would have enough room but the dog bones would be at too great an angle, so it would cause it to not steer for a different reason :(. I thought of modifying center arms to move them forward, but that’d only work on one side because the gear casing is in the way on other :angry:

Ah makes sense now that didn't work, looking at the earlier picture now.

The rear arms look like the front ones reversed, but the centre set look like they are effectively the rear arms from the GF-01 (which I think are in reality TL-01 arms). Shame the long TL-01 arms are like hens teeth.

48 minutes ago, Mark_McQ said:

I tried to create a spinner rim. Well technically I 'did' create a spinner rim, but it doesn't weigh enough to overcome the grease friction in the bearing, so I guess it's a fidget toy now.

Is it running on a cartridge ball bearing? You could try popping the seal off, giving it a really full flush and degrease and putting it back together with just a drop of super thin bearing oil? My old front wheel bearings will let the wheel spin for an age (with rumble). And/or, it may need some weight at its outer diameter, but I can't think of a good way to add that. 

@ImALlama Hang in there!   B)  With patience I am sure you can figure all this out!

For me, glued the Fantom’s lower deck’s top CF layer for extra rigidity.  I made sure the screw holes were aligned by poking 3 countersunk screws through the bottom and masking them from the bottom   

IMG_2023-1-20-162436.jpg.8431d0c9222c6a96ae688bf0ad6350f8.jpg

Now going to reassemble to where I was a few days ago.. 

Update.. well, final update until the mini servo arrives..  

IMG_2023-1-20-185845.jpg.b21187ffc559f2c7a2d0ac5f0ace113f.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, alvinlwh said:

F5a1e3y.jpg

Started making my way to my LHS.

Oh mate I admire you! It makes me think how lucky I am having a LHS literally about 3 minute drive away and it's really well stocked! But on the flipside the orkney islands are a stunning place to live and I definitely envy you for that!

• Like 1

Made an albeit small start on my next build

52639646568_23b44f208d_k.jpg

Details in my project thread

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Thommo said:

I understand..... My wife said "not at anytime baby !"

I still placed the decal on… 😎

Anytime Baby!

3B1503A4-8F18-4E08-B1F5-6DFAEB4E1B1B.jpeg.0afc6c87c85c1429989a634bd93f3b17.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, moffman said:

It makes me think how lucky I am having a LHS literally about 3 minute drive away and it's really well stocked! But on the flipside the orkney islands are a stunning place to live and I definitely envy you for that!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I am sailing through a Force 8 right now to get to my LHS. 😂

NEZ8fb5.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

So I had to talk to FedEx once again tonight for the stupid rcMart order as it had still not cleared customs and an agent sent me a frikken form to fill out for importation.. not the usual CBP 5106 form, I already filled those out.. I am talking about details of the commodities in the shipment including HTS codes and stuff..  I am like what the funny.. .  I am at a point rcMart is becoming a problem more so than a solution for me as their customs declaration is completely inadequate for a store selling to a dumb little consumer (me) as it is raising all sorts of flags at US customs. :blink:  and I was not about to fill out this form CBP was asking.

The two main reasons why my orders are getting flagged were because of the total value of the shipment, and description including  "motor" (ie: LeMans 240S.. dohh).    CBP is cracking down on high capacity electric motors (like EV motors, industrial motors) specifically from China they said, and any shipment in excess of $1000 with a motor is prone to be flagged.   What the exporter needs to include in the declaration is "TOY RC CAR, CONTAINS NO INDUSTIAL NOR AUTOMOTIVE MOTOR, CONTAINS NO WOOD".   

I don't know how many times I repeated "toy RC car, toy RC motor, ship to my house, I am not a store, nor a warehouse, nor office.. I am just a consumer, not reselling, I am going to play with it."  :lol:     The FedEx agent thought I was hilarious.  I'm dead serious man.. lol

I am going to see if some of the new RC retailer buddies I made in Japan via IG could ship stuff to me.   It's silly I have to buy Japanese products out of HK to start..  my wife told me I should just become a retailer and buy direct from the source in Japan.   I don't think so.

Anyway.. time for supper.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

So I had to talk to FedEx once again tonight for the stupid rcMart order as it had still not cleared customs and an agent sent me a frikken form to fill out for importation.. not the usual CBP 5106 form, I already filled those out.. I am talking about details of the commodities in the shipment including HTS codes and stuff..  I am like what the funny.. .  I am at a point rcMart is becoming a problem more so than a solution for me as their customs declaration is completely inadequate for a store selling to a dumb little consumer (me) as it is raising all sorts of flags at US customs. :blink:  and I was not about to fill out this form CBP was asking.

The two main reasons why my orders are getting flagged were because of the total value of the shipment, and description including  "motor" (ie: LeMans 240.. duh).    CBP is cracking down on high capacity electric motors (like EV motors, industrial motors) specifically from China they said, and any shipment in excess of $1000 with a motor is prone to be flagged.   What the exporter needs to include in the declaration is "TOY RC CAR, CONTAINS NO INDUSTIAL NOR AUTOMOTIVE MOTOR, CONTAINS NO WOOD".   

I don't know how many times I repeated "toy RC car, toy RC motor, ship to my house, I am not a store, nor a warehouse, nor office.. I am just a consumer, not reselling, I am going to play with it."  :lol:     The FedEx agent thought I was hilarious.  I'm dead serious man.. lol

I am going to see if some of the new RC retailer buddies I made in Japan via IG could ship stuff to me.   It's silly I have to buy Japanese products out of HK to start..  my wife told me I should just become a retailer and buy direct from the source in Japan.   I don't think so.

If you become a retailer, I will use it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fixed up my cc01 and had a blast! I just wish stock tires are softer. They spin like crazy because those tires are hard… Any recommendations that are around the same size?

E0F53569-66ED-45C3-9636-CAA0B070FAA2.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I am sailing through a Force 8 right now to get to my LHS. 😂

NEZ8fb5.jpg

🤮

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Fixed up my cc01 and had a blast! I just wish stock tires are softer. They spin like crazy because those tires are hard… Any recommendations that are around the same size?

E0F53569-66ED-45C3-9636-CAA0B070FAA2.jpeg

I am no expert, but the tires on the CC-02 Bronco looks good 

4 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I am at a point rcMart is becoming a problem more so than a solution for me as their customs declaration is completely inadequate for a store selling to a dumb little consumer (me) as it is raising all sorts of flags at US customs. 

Nice to see that they are also causing problems with their stupid form filling on the other side of the pond. 😂

12 hours ago, Willy iine said:

The two main reasons why my orders are getting flagged were because of the total value of the shipment, and description including  "motor" (ie: LeMans 240S.. dohh).    CBP is cracking down on high capacity electric motors (like EV motors, industrial motors) specifically from China they said, and any shipment in excess of $1000 with a motor is prone to be flagged.   What the exporter needs to include in the declaration is "TOY RC CAR, CONTAINS NO INDUSTIAL NOR AUTOMOTIVE MOTOR, CONTAINS NO WOOD".   

I feel for you @Willy iine. Hope you get it fixed soon!

Edited by bavee
Not so smart joke.

9 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

NEZ8fb5.jpg

That's what you call dedication for the hobby! Just make sure you get everything you need and don't forget anything🙄 I'd be producing floor pizzas all over the place on that trip🤢 I get qweezy when I have to navigate in a car!

• Haha 1

This morning ive finished up the ORV (frog) chassi i got in the mail yesterday.

The differences/changes thus far are leaving off the frog body mounts, installing the gearbox clamp i designed when building my Blackfoot, the rear suspension mount strengtheners i found a while back and brat wheels.

Currently im working on body mounts for taking a Blackfoot/Ranger shell, starting with a remix based on a printable Blackfoot rear mount i found.

rearmount.jpg.5965e7d61404851ff51e4175dd557bc7.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

The world has officially gone mad:blink: ! I just thought it was the UK who started getting stupid with importing items obviously not! It's seems that our esteemed leaders are encouraging us to trade on a global scale along as they can stiff us with as much tax as possible when we receive whatever we have globally traded........or is it us that's gone mad for trusting what they tell us?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@ImALlama Hang in there!   B)  With patience I am sure you can figure all this out!

For me, glued the Fantom’s lower deck’s top CF layer for extra rigidity.  I made sure the screw holes were aligned by poking 3 countersunk screws through the bottom and masking them from the bottom   

IMG_2023-1-20-162436.jpg.8431d0c9222c6a96ae688bf0ad6350f8.jpg

Now going to reassemble to where I was a few days ago.. 

Update.. well, final update until the mini servo arrives..  

IMG_2023-1-20-185845.jpg.b21187ffc559f2c7a2d0ac5f0ace113f.jpg

Oh mate that's looks really cool:wub: I seen one of these fantoms a few days ago for the first time in my LHS tiny little box! I'm really tempted but I've got so many rc's that need attention or kits that I haven't started I just can't:( once I'm up to date i might have a reassessment?

• Thanks 1

So there I was just sitting in the hobby room checking over the Turbo Scorpion for some photos tomorrow and suddenly realise there must be something amiss with Kyosho’s spell check…

B31E2C54-5DB2-49C2-BA7B-FF109AD0AC79.jpg 

Wonder if the vintage ones are like it, or just the re-re’s?

• Haha 10

1 hour ago, bavee said:

1674293906894.thumb.jpg.bd5a1d4701197a7016e1ede5af4027eb.jpg

Toy Car Parts from RCMart ;).

I feel for you @Willy iine. Hope you get it fixed soon!

If that gets to the UK, it could get taxed again (as RCM collects VAT on behalf of HMRC) as it is marked as gift, which it clearly is not, and has a limit of £18 only instead of £135 for commercial goods.