Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Put the mini-CVAs on my TT02 Lancia rally build with the long eyelets. Did a few decals (done about 1/4 of them and it took many, many hours!) the big ones on the rear quarters and bonnet / front fenders are almost impossible to do. Used water and hot hairdryer, turned out not too bad.

Gave it a bash around the driveway to test them out and some of the paint just flaked off the shell. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I too am not a fan of painting and decaling polycarbonate bodies (decal window trims and wipers look so fake).  Atleast mine is A LOT simpler.. :D

🤔

Who are you kidding? For someone who doesn't like doing it, you sure do a lot of them very well. You're a frickin' pro at it! 

• Thanks 1

Today, and yesterday, I designed a thing. 

It's only a small and simple thing, but it's my first thing. I also did some swearing at Fusion360, which I've never used before. I would probably have been better off with simpler software but I've done some learning. 

I've no idea whether it'll print OK. And if it does, whether it'll fit OK, and if it does that, whether it'll break. It's a body post for M-08 with the holes facing front to back, as suggested by @Frankster will hopefully enable fitting my Dino body shell. Slightly annoyingly, I didn't measure the desired height, or I could've done only the necessary pin holes and a neat top. 

IMG-20230209-WA0007

Edit: not "designed", obvs, just modelled it. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Today, and yesterday, I designed a thing. 

It's only a small and simple thing, but it's my first thing. I also did some swearing at Fusion360, which I've never used before. I would probably have been better off with simpler software but I've done some learning. 

I've no idea whether it'll print OK. And if it does, whether it'll fit OK, and if it does that, whether it'll break. It's a body post for M-08 with the holes facing front to back, as suggested by @Frankster will hopefully enable fitting my Dino body shell. 

IMG-20230209-WA0007

Looking good 😎

Not today, but last weekend I went about 5 hours down south to go to a once a year stockcar teams racing event. While down there I drove another 1.5 hours to pick up some wheels for my 1:1 toy, and also drove 20 minutes to pick up a job lot for a mate (guy with the xmaxx from a while ago). He only purchased them to split and make some money, but in the job lot was a Mammoth dump truck, which back when I had my TXT1, Bullhead, and Juggernaut, I also wanted this. He knew so we are doing a deal. Feels a little lonely with only my original Clod to keep it company, but cool to own nonetheless, and can tick it off my rc bucket list. 🙂

TQ6HT08.jpeg

• Like 12

Received this along with bearings, then proceeded to join up here, so 'evening everyone!

1:1 scale dog came RTR. 

20230209_190339.jpg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Recieved this along with bearings, then proceeded to join up here, so 'evening everyone!

20230209_190339.jpg

Welcome! 

I turned up about 18 months ago with pretty much the same (albeit my dog's on a slightly bigger scale).

Beware the rabbit hole. 😬 I've now got a few cars and my DT-03 looks different.

Good choice though, I think. Our DT-03s still get run more than anything else. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Welcome! 

I turned up about 18 months ago with pretty much the same (albeit my dog's on a slightly bigger scale).

Beware the rabbit hole. 😬 I've now got a few cars and my DT-03 looks different.

Good choice though, I think. Our DT-03s still get run more than anything else. 

Thank you!

I actually just found your DT-03 build thread, will have a good read though and hopefully find some pointers.  I'm fully aware of RC rabbit holes :D Having had boating experience many years ago!

Also, this is my first small scale dog, I've always had Setters :)

5 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Evenin' and welcome @Hrimfaxi

I will also say, "beware of the rabbit hole", it will get you.... DT-03 is a great chassis. 

Thank you :D

56 minutes ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Thank you!

I actually just found your DT-03 build thread, will have a good read though and hopefully find some pointers.  I'm fully aware of RC rabbit holes :D Having had boating experience many years ago!

Also, this is my first small scale dog, I've always had Setters :)

Ha! It became a bit of a saga, my build thread. Hope you can skim read! 

• Like 1

For me, worked on the Beetle body.   Will install Billy next and finish up hopefully tomorrow.  B)

IMG_2023-2-9-194430.jpg.a335db80ed1afbcc22d1e8591f2fb571.jpg

• Like 13

4 hours ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Is your 1:1 dog brushed or brushless..??  :D

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, worked on the Beetle body.   Will install Billy next and finish up hopefully tomorrow.  B)

IMG_2023-2-9-194430.jpg.a335db80ed1afbcc22d1e8591f2fb571.jpg

Very nice.  Perfect vintage color too!  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hrimfaxi said:

Received this along with bearings, then proceeded to join up here, so 'evening everyone!

20230209_190339.jpg

Welcome aboard! I look forward to seeing your ever growing collection ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Nitro :blink:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Transmitter

istockphoto-173371675-612x612.jpg.c9f71effd63aa53abdd95dadb7d844ad.jpg

Receiver

VetsHere_EarInfection.jpg.affdf3a86a7423658cd65bb624fcc3ca.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Transmitter

istockphoto-173371675-612x612.jpg.c9f71effd63aa53abdd95dadb7d844ad.jpg

Receiver

VetsHere_EarInfection.jpg.affdf3a86a7423658cd65bb624fcc3ca.jpg

Mine are brushless, sensorless, with glitchy receivers. 

The LRP Spin esc arrived from rckleinkram, super cheap, 100A, up to 4S, so far I installed it and tested it on the room floor. Nice and smooth. on 2S.

with an MuchMore 13,5T Zero Timing Fleta ZX V1 3200kV

This is for my speed run project, I also have orderd a CRC Gold Standard 71T 64P pinion, which will be used on the 72T 64P CRC spur. :lol:

Going down low as final FDR 3,61 ;) currently 60T 64P / 72T 64P final FDR 3,80

ZwDH0Ihl.jpg

dV2MNzp.jpg

• Like 3

Added alloy prop shaft and cups and front universals to my Lancia TT02 Rally build. Hoping to keep it under £200 for a budget silver can rally entry.