Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/4/2023 at 10:20 PM, Sogogi said:

Similar look!

BB4EBE13-C5CC-4D64-8B59-3A4E982767E6.jpeg

Love it!!

• Like 1

Working on my next car... not sure how it will turn out.. wish me hope please.  :wacko:

IMG_2023-3-6-081105.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Finally slid the box lid off my Optima Mid kit. I was beginning to wonder if I ever would (this year at least). Its not like me to leave kits sitting around after they arrive but I've done this twice now.:mellow: It was nice getting an instant reminder of the supreme quality of these Kyosho kits. Now, if only they were more readily available...

Enjoy the build!  It is a premium kit for sure.  Did you get any hopups for it?  

I think amain still has the kits in stock, also HubHobby, KyoshoAmerica (eBay).  They stocked up pretty well and seems they are now out of stock of the other cars.. I've been looking for a basic Optima NIB, but can't find one.   I wanted to add to my collection in box art + alloy wheels Kogawa-san gifted me a few months ago.   I need to visit him to get my MID posters autographed..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gebbly said:

@Sogogi I love the look of that little beetle. What is the kit?

It is mf-01x 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday.. went to a track. Broke tt-02b front arm.. but easy fix!

C1E22B6A-3369-4482-9180-270950FB309C.jpeg

78050CCD-4865-4A9E-AD06-57608C0ECF89.jpeg

ED674864-52C2-4A72-BAB6-18F978FFC43D.jpeg

• Like 2

Fitted the (now spare) Torque Tuned motor into the the TT02 Lancia Rally build, improving my entry in the budget silver can rally build.

Also started sorting out and tidying up parts, tools, consumables into a new set of containers/tool boxes (as in the "postman..." thread). Strangely satisifying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Yesterday.. went to a track. Broke tt-02b front arm.. but easy fix!

C1E22B6A-3369-4482-9180-270950FB309C.jpeg

78050CCD-4865-4A9E-AD06-57608C0ECF89.jpeg

ED674864-52C2-4A72-BAB6-18F978FFC43D.jpeg

Could this be the Seattle track by any chance?

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Working on my next car...

Scorp or Turbo Scorp? I'm guessing Turbo

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Enjoy the build!  It is a premium kit for sure.  Did you get any hopups for it?

I will. Thank you! No, no hopups. They are very pretty, but very pricey.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Scorp or Turbo Scorp? I'm guessing Turbo

I will. Thank you! No, no hopups. They are very pretty, but very pricey.

Yes, TurboScorpion #2.  B)

The kit (MID) runs great in stock form.  

IMG_2023-3-6-181513.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Could this be the Seattle track by any chance?

That is correct! Are you in the area?

16 hours ago, toyolien said:

How did you cut the carbon? I'm gonna make some carbon gearbox sides for a Frog gearbox to mount in my Wild One...

I use dremel and the cuting disc for metal.

Dremel EZ456 EZ Lock Quick-Change Metal Cut-Off Wheels For Rotary Tool,  1-1/2-in, 5-pk | Canadian Tire

Replaced with hardened pinion + sport tuned motor.. and pink YR shocks lol (it was cheaper).

93656651-CCB6-4AE7-B613-C7AC40A8C7A4.jpeg

• Like 3

I've been working on stickering the Mid shell lately, and am now half way through the process. The main decals are actually down but, being box art, some extra ones will be sparingly used to achieve at least a bit of  personalisation. Some photos soon.

Today I dusted off the RC10 and took her out to stretch her legs. She did a good job.. powering through the splotchy snow wasn't easy, being 2WD while not exactly a light weight. I get the grin every time, love how she drives!

20230306-000433.jpg

20230305-235438.jpg

20230305-235913.jpg

20230305-235601.jpg

• Like 8

I have changed the shock oil and put in spacers on the Terra Scorcher for the kids, so now it drives in the same way as my Thunder Dragon (if not better, if I try it on proper 2,2 wheels). I tested it yesterday on both nihm and 2S. With the latter even a stock silver can gets legsB).

I got the not so great idea to jump it over a divider on the parking lot. They are so low,  so they are more like long bumps. But I misjudged the height of the rock solid ice on top of it and crashed. I broke the front right upright and lost the set screw. Tamico has all I need (and more), so no big crisis. Now  I 'm gonna stock up front uprights and lower arms. 

This is my first crash with damage since I broke the servo saver on my Nikko Dictator in the teens. Simply ran out of luck. If I had not ziptied the servo saver on the Terra I might had got away with replacing that.

Messaging1678136885143.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I use dremel and the cuting disc for metal.

Dremel EZ456 EZ Lock Quick-Change Metal Cut-Off Wheels For Rotary Tool,  1-1/2-in, 5-pk | Canadian Tire

Marvellous, thanks. 👍

• Like 1

obzFo0T.jpeg

uGFQP7y.jpeg

More 1/12 action. Not a Wild Willy, but a Taiyo renegade on a quick drive monster truck. Need to fix body on properly but looking ok. The paint took a while to get colours and shapes working together. I didn't want full camo but something that was a nod to that whilst also looking fresh.

The front indicators are a mess, will probably add real LEDs.

• Like 5

I have been thinking lately due to a lot of stripped bolts, I need new tools.

I had a Lux Tools kit the last 5-6 years, but the frequent tools are pretty worn out.

Wanted to order new tools for RC cars but went today to the hardware store and found my same tool kit on discount for €15.99 and bought it.

now I have two tool boxes, will dedicate the old tools box and make a FPV ground station out of the old tool box.

perfect size for the monitor.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

Been having real trouble getting the gears to mesh in my TT02 Type S since I changed to the highspeed gearset with the kit motor mount. Tried the suggested position and others, and they all sounded horrible. 

Ordered the Yeah Racing adjustable mount yesterday from Make It Build It on eBay and it arrived this morning - super speedy!

Fitted it and meshed perfectly in about 5 minutes. Job done.

Also broke down the TB Evo 6 MS in preparation for cleaning and rebuilding. Considering I shouldn't have bought this, I don't want to spend too much money on the rebuild. I have ordered some new turnbuckle shafts as they're really scratched up, a HW ESC, Savox servo and some TRF Dampers (just the normal black coated ones, not the big bore ones as they cost much more), but I don't want to do spend to much more. I'm re-using the 13.5t R1 motor that the seller included.

Compress_20230307_103444_4123.thumb.jpg.82e155bb55a1314a25d29f2aa18df7d5.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Sogogi said:

That is correct! Are you in the area?

Not any more as we moved to AZ a couple years ago. I actually only went once but for some reason the trees and paint on the track brough back the memory at once! It's too bad, we could have done some track practice together :D

I've now also become a subscriber! 

I thought that i've been using all the info and resources here for a while now and should pay up to help keep the place going!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Not any more as we moved to AZ a couple years ago. I actually only went once but for some reason the trees and paint on the track brough back the memory at once! It's too bad, we could have done some track practice together :D

That would’ve been nice! I havent seen anyone running tamiya there except me lol it would be cool to meet fellow tamiya owners