Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/25/2023 at 4:07 AM, Elbowloh said:

Over-engineered or badly-engineered?

A little bit of both lol!

On 3/25/2023 at 1:14 PM, Grumpy pants said:

I cleaned up my CC02 ready to list it tomorrow 👍
image.jpg

On what and how much? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 9:28 AM, Kpowell911 said:

However, what we really went out for was to test the TL-01. Truth be told it was uncontrollable, and drifty, but even so, I managed 22mph. I reckon theres more in it, potentially enough to double the stock MSC powered TL-01, which is pretty incredible for whats effectively £70ish of parts. I do have an idea of how to get a bit more out of it mind. 

I have a TL-01 with a VERY similar setup- HW 1060, Sport Tuned motor, oil shocks, bearings, and metal driveshafts. Has a top speed of 21mph I believe, but prior to this setup I had a brushless TrackStar setup that was absolutely uncontrollable at 38mph.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RC_FunLand said:

On what and how much? :rolleyes:

It’s on eBay, but also at a lower price on the TC for sale section 👍

Started the Tomahawk chassis today. 

IMG_2023-3-29-131839.jpg

Update..   B)

IMG_2023-3-29-222834.jpg.3034f64b0442c3c6c4e43a3d30536c34.jpg

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

It’s on eBay, but also at a lower price on the TC for sale section 👍

Can't find it on eBay, did it sell already 😲 Edit: eBay UK I see it now 👍

• Like 1

Trailmaster motor in lunchbox. It works nicely. It is like torque tuned with more torque. Only con is that its shaft is linger than other tamiya motors.. so unless I shorten the shaft, cant use in many tamiya cars.

069BCAB2-9E05-4FBC-AE13-A34B8884EB7C.jpeg

• Like 4

Not much, Dad had a heart valve replacement yesterday so I spent much of the last 2 days at the hospital or sleeping.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Fitted the long tie-rod steering set to the TT02 Type S.

Compress_20230330_152112_2782.thumb.jpg.643cacf966d5121c1e2d40bb9ef3af13.jpg

Do you have to add many spacers on to the top of the steering knuckles so that the turnbuckles don't hit on the chassis or steering arms? Can't quite see from your pic. I've got this steering to go on my SRX build that I'm about to start.

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

Do you have to add many spacers on to the top of the steering knuckles so that the turnbuckles don't hit on the chassis or steering arms? Can't quite see from your pic. I've got this steering to go on my SRX build that I'm about to start.

The original Type S steering comes with a blue spacer (i guess about 3mm) which you keep and use again, the hop-up kit comes with an identical spacer which you use on top of the original one to give you the clearance needed (so you have double the amount of spacers as before). The kit also comes with the necessary longer screw and a different ball head use.

• Like 1

Bench test went well.. now working on wheels..  I messed up the decal for the spokes as they were like 0.2mm too big in diameter and could not cleanly force fit them without minor wrinkle.  :blink:  To most people they would let it go.. but my shop is called pretendRCshop, not pretendyoudidnotseeyournovicepoorcraftsmanshipmistakeyouwillseeeverytimeyoulookatyourcar-shop.

Wish me hope please.. :ph34r:

IMG_2023-3-30-110326.jpg.1ed6eca0a76d808cb1bc54b6799fb013.jpg

Update.. so with EWH technologies, I was able to recover from the near catastrophic spin out.. :o :lol: lol

IMG_2023-3-30-134233.jpg.e23222fc1a6525725e7bd3db8ad42a50.jpg

Gotta love Mica Red..  

IMG_2023-3-30-134448.jpg.aedc1cc5f00d2542904f9fbb6cde3fa6.jpg

Final update.. finished the car and posted in the gallery only thread.  Pictures also in my profile page and additional photos available on Instagram #pretendrcshop

Thanks for checking them out.  B)

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 15

I might do something RC related around the garden this afternoon if it warms up. 
However, I spent the morning lifting my garden shed with a 3 ton car jack and rescuing 6 baby kittens. Animal control officer trapped the mommy yesterday and they assured me all 7 are going into a no kill foster shelter together. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Two more added to the collection after a long search. Found them in Japan in the end. The wanted list is down to 3!!!

20230330_213727.jpg

Put a Yeah Racing/Hackmoto 45t motor in the Jimny tonight, it’s only been sitting around and waiting for about a year now.

FullSizeRender_kHf4SnijDnDMF6CZTmgoBm.jp

• Like 2

My usual time playing with my RCs used to be me launching buggies or trucks off the curb, but with everyone parking in the street now (because using a driveways too hard) thats no longer an option, and it got a bit old admittedly.

Instead, I run my on-road cars in a loop with the parked cars more or less creating the track, its good practice to learn handling and consistency. I did this for a while with a TT-02S which did result on a rollover after clipping a dip i the street wrong, and smacking into the tire of one of the parked cars (no damage to either the full size car nor my TT-02). After quite a number of laps I swapped out the 15T from my Rising Fighter (which made it a bit of a handful) and threw it into the TT, haven't driven it yet though. The Rising Fighter now has a more manageable Torque Tuned in it. I also had to glue where the bumper mounts to the chassis as they've snapped from numerous cartwheels on its last run.

• Like 3

Still waiting for my Durga to arrive.

It was posted on Monday evening from Japan and arrived in the UK (via Shanghai and Belgium) on Wednesday morning. 

So far in the UK it's been to Derby, Stansted, Ridgmont and now Croydon.

• Like 4

Painted my first ever Scorcher shell( I never really painted my original one as I ran it before I painted it and it rolled so often it wasn’t worth it- I think I my have painted it yellow at some later date)65D1E6DF-25C9-407B-B301-2178D7F0874D.jpg Not quite box art in that it is Ocean Blue Metallic and Ivory and you will also notice that the bonnet kidneys are also ivory . For some reason I don’t like them painted in the contrast colour. Next up some stickers., I’m going to use some Ranger stickers as well as SS ones to match it up with my Ranger. Same team!!!

• Like 9

Track day today, brought the TT-02 Type S, XV-01 Pro and F104v2 Pro. Traction rolled and flipped the XV-01, definitely need sway bars on it especially when I convert it to long damper spec 

36A764A5-CB24-4DC3-88E7-FD813F16C94C.thumb.jpeg.26ec7e6870c57bfca39c03d087c05b2b.jpeg

• Like 4

@Sogogi Nice Mini-Z buggy.  They actually run phenomenally well for its size.  Have fun.  :D

For me, just resting today as far as RC.  Might move stuff around on my RC shelf later today.  

On 3/26/2023 at 4:39 AM, Nicadraus said:

Update on the WO-R - Wild One-R

My body reinforcement tape arrived and I applied some on the WO body.

up9K35fh.jpg

srGSvWzh.jpg

QlRa4Fzh.jpg

kmEGNVPh.jpg

Installed the wiring and LED bulbs for the front and rear lights. I had to redo a new one.

IWFNZTCh.jpg

qCjyExBh.jpg

Let there be light!

FeQY1OUh.jpg

s7Reat1h.jpg

While it looks funny that the entire yellow housing illuminates, I actually like it. More visible at night drive.

bVDYOoth.jpg

RXXC9U7h.jpg

fMT8Yuzh.jpg

Hope the front star-dish wheels and tires arrive this week. Can't wait to do a proper photoshoot with this one.

Amazing work @Nicadraus I have been admiring your builds and trying to source some of this blue braided sleeve material. The one I found on eBay turned out to be too light colored and almost translucent :( Where did you get your from? Thanks!

• Like 2

Made some progress on cleaning and rebuilding the TB Evo 6 MS.

Tried cleaning up the scratches on the aluminium deck, but not hugely successful.

Rebuilt the rear diff and motor mount.

The whole thing was absolutely cakes in black carpet fibres.

Compress_20230331_141802_2789.thumb.jpg.27e0ddf0d7920c3a9cde2da0d86d6e32.jpg

• Like 4

@Nicadraus After seeing your fiber cable jackets (braided sleeve), now I am thinking that is a superb idea to cover up the yellow and blue motor wires off the 1060 going to my Le Mans 490 brushed motors (red black wires).  Thanks for the tip!  :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Sogogi Nice Mini-Z buggy.  They actually run phenomenally well for its size.  Have fun.  :D

I cant wait to try it out. Might as well get some option parts while I am here.

Did you notice where I bought those from? :)