Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, GeeWings said:

Yes, though no idea how well it works. I picked this up for $5! I got it as I knew it would pair with the GF01 well. 

Yes, it seems like it's pretty awesome. I've never seen one in the UK, it does look like a credible effort to make the QD truck in the Clodbuster Style - please do take some photos of the chassis.

I threw a body at my shortened M08.

y4mC2z7Lqs77al7BYwNI-CLZb28iUVt5haRH3yFv

More details in my build thread, but it's getting close.

(Maybe a bit too close - clearance could still be an issue).

• Like 10

Today: Bought Several Air tight containers that should have room for my RC cars so i can stock them safely down in the basement and get room for 1 more kit :D.

Right now im borrowing shelfs in my kids room for them. 

Yesterday i got 1 more BatSafe for Lipo storing. As carefully i am and with the knowledge i now have i believe they are much safer than my Laptops and phones but better to be safe than sorry. I rather have 3 small with 2 lipo in each than one big with 5 batteries if they should go off. FYI: And you see the holes for Air?, that so the box should not blow up, so to all off you that store in sealed army Ammo box you should remove rubber seal and bore holes in it, or you have a potential 💣 inside.

spacer.png

• Like 6

On 5/7/2023 at 8:43 AM, Nikko85 said:

Having decided on no more toy grade RCs I just bought two.

s-l1600.jpg

Unlike most Radioshacks which are rebranded (and a much cheaper way to buy) Taiyo and Nikkos, these are made by Digitcon, who may have been responsible for making the Tamiya QD monster trucks. I've never got my hands on any of these trucks, so interested to see how it runs.

Hopefully I can do a hobby grade conversion on one of them - I may then use the second body for something else (for example on a GF01) so  I've got another second set of spares - but we'll see when they get here.

@nowinaminute or @GeeWings are these chassis that you are familiar with? Hopefully a hobbygrade conversion is possible. I've also now idea of the scale or wheelbase - I am guessing around 180 mm or so.

I had one once but sold it on.

I think the chassis borrows from another design (as is common with digitcon)

Can't be certain but I think it may have resembled an enlarged Taiyo 4x4 chassis as seen in the dash etc.

280 motor as a recall which was a little disappointing for it's size but the gearing is quite low so it still has good torque if not outright speed.

I think it's the same chassis as the Radio Shack Rage.

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

Today: Bought Several Air tight containers that should have room for my RC cars so i can stock them safely down in the basement and get room for 1 more kit :D.

Right now im borrowing shelfs in my kids room for them. 

Yesterday i got 1 more BatSafe for Lipo storing. As carefully i am and with the knowledge i now have i believe they are much safer than my Laptops and phones but better to be safe than sorry. I rather have 3 small with 2 lipo in each than one big with 5 batteries if they should go off. FYI: And you see the holes for Air?, that so the box should not blow up, so to all off you that store in sealed army Ammo box you should remove rubber seal and bore holes in it, or you have a potential 💣 inside.

spacer.png

Whoa i was thinking about getting those.. but $$ goes up significantly if i add multiple, though good for piece of mind. 

• Like 1

For me, drove my Scorpion before meeting for work after installing soft bump stops on the rear dampers, then placed a few more orders for spare parts, moved my outdoor Beetle to the garage.  :D 

Scorpion drove a lot better with the bump stops to prevent the rear from bottoming out so I as happy about that.  The Beetle has the same bump stops. 

IMG_2023-5-9-120202.jpg.d279c420e3a1c6aab102af7ffa85cff2.jpg

• Like 3

Been looking around scx24 hopup parts.

holy moly, i think option parts cost can go up real quick. Tamiya hop ups look cheap compared to mini trail/crawler hopups… let alone brushless setup..

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sogogi said:

I really like those wheels and tires….

I really would like to get a holiday buggy and put those wheels and tires… i would assume tires are for subaru brat and wheels are from beetles?

I had a look for the post where I described how I made the wheels. If you are interested you can find it here:

It's also worth to have a look as Busdrivers Sand Rover is a very nice example. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

life has been very busy/distracted for the past few months. havent had much time for hobbies.  i finally got my printer setup that i received a few years ago from my father as a gift. the printer served as a router base for many years but i decided dropping by parents or a store to print stuff out was too much.a hassle. the printer still worked well, colors not the sharpest (cannon MP280) but i can work with that. printed out another regular paper or sticker examples. will try to resize some with inkscape and reprint  through trial and error to get the proper sizes for the lunchbox and manta.

im not even sure if the canon pixma mp280 can print a sticker sheet or do you need a certain printer type to print on clear sticker sheets? it says its compatible with PS-101 sheets but im not sure which sticker sheets match that spec. PS-101 has 16 smaller individual stickers on the sheet so it might not be the proper sheet i need for my stickers

• Like 1

M-05 "Bitsa" Build came to a grinding halt unfortunately :(

I thought I had this covered with a "C" parts sprue left over from my MF01X but it's missing the all important front upper arm C18. A rummage around found these little Yeah Racing arms but they're heavily offset whereas the M05 versions seem to be flat.

IMG_20230509_222102_(1080_x_566_pixel).thumb.jpg.2952a2b131b010592df3af36ceb7652f.jpg

It is coming along nicely though, for a kit which currently cost me about £40 in parts using mostly what I already had in surplus:

IMG_20230509_222122_(1080_x_566_pixel).thumb.jpg.4808dc6894f35bf879005401dae95771.jpg

• Like 8

Drove my Beetle in front of my house.   Same chassis, but the car drives so differently from my Scorpion it's great to have this variety.  The G14L motor is a good match for the chassis, slightly slower than the 19.5 BL LeMans and more gradual input as expected from a brushed motor.  Car drives well and fun to watch.  

IMG_2023-5-9-172048.jpg.74fc0906ff5150fbf29207d7d40e1950.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, naturbo2000 said:

I cut out a body. I've seen the continuous magic done before, but never done so myself.

Tada!

y4m4r5F8ltPQFkQzdVVuD3s0VTQH7E2pQehFYAlB

Woohoo!  Have you some sort of telepathic control over me that led to the creation of this thread:

Pop your piccie up there. Let's get a thing going! 

That car's going to be an absolute beauty. Following with interest. I am frustrated by my non-Tamiya M chassis shells being a little out of scale - their wheel arches drown the little wheels. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Been looking around scx24 hopup parts.

holy moly, i think option parts cost can go up real quick. Tamiya hop ups look cheap compared to mini trail/crawler hopups… let alone brushless setup..

I did the maths (there was a spreadsheet involved) for all the Kyosho Mini Z 4x4 parts I've bought - the hop-ups alone are the price of each vehicle. Having said that, buy a set of tires for an X-Maxx, or a UDR, etc, and the Mini Z looks like a bargain!!

• Like 2

A bit of problem solving this evening for me. I just assumed the holes in a TA02 Calibra body would line up with a TT02 posts, but no.

The fronts line up fine but the rears with the B4 spacer were about half a post thickness off from fitting.

Various ideas I had would leave the posts being able to rotate. But after a dig around in the overs sprue box I had a spare TA02 front shock tower/post mount that I cut down and turned upside down inserted the TA02 posts with a small plastic washer for a spacer worked out perfectly to be able to use this chassis with both a GT MK2 and Calibra by just swapping out the rear posts. I’ll need to run a drill through so the bolt slides in and put a nut on the end.

IMG_4851.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, nowinaminute said:

I had one once but sold it on.

I think the chassis borrows from another design (as is common with digitcon)

Can't be certain but I think it may have resembled an enlarged Taiyo 4x4 chassis as seen in the dash etc.

280 motor as a recall which was a little disappointing for it's size but the gearing is quite low so it still has good torque if not outright speed.

I think it's the same chassis as the Radio Shack Rage.

And also the Night Runner too.

Yes, from what I've seen it's a very close copy to the Radio Shack 4x4  it would be interesting to see how enlarged - from the photos I felt it could be a similar size - but perhaps it is somewhat bigger. I'll be sure to document what I find.

It was something of an impulse purchase, but hopefully I can get something working and perhaps get a second shell to go on a QD or MF01x/GF01

2 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

And also the Night Runner too.

Yes, from what I've seen it's a very close copy to the Radio Shack 4x4  it would be interesting to see how enlarged - from the photos I felt it could be a similar size - but perhaps it is somewhat bigger. I'll be sure to document what I find.

It was something of an impulse purchase, but hopefully I can get something working and perhaps get a second shell to go on a QD or MF01x/GF01

It might be the same size, I might just be misremembering. Just had the idea stuck in my head for some reason.

Store my RC stuff down to basement day. Agrios Refuse to go down in one though, description said 40 Cm wide but not even the lid is 40 cm wide its 36 cm.. **** happens (ordered new boxes to store them in, Subaru one was a nice fit). Sure i will miss looking at them :(

spacer.png

Edit: And now i have room for more kits :), its Dugnad days in Norway that means they put a container outside so we can throw away stuff (and tidy up the outside area together), we freed up a lot off space (stuff the children grew out off mostly) in basement so i could now store all my RC there.

• Like 6

Ordered the black motors for the Jugger.

Since I need to do some graphics work for this car to make custom decals, I have plenty of time for those to arrive and install... :lol:

• Like 3

This evening I fitted a hi-torque servo saver to the Dark Impact. Whilst I was doing that I remembered I had some 850 bearings left over from modifying the TD2 so I thought I may as well ball race the steering assembly. All this has taken some of the movement out of the steering but I think the weak point is still the bridge. 

IMG_4245.jpeg

IMG_4246.jpeg

• Like 4

For me, after driving my outdoor Scorpion with drag brake turned off from the factory 10% setting on the XR10 (which turned out to be the trick to keep the rear from lifting off throttle and feeling light), installed the new 19.5 BL and XR10 I got yesterday on my TurboScorpion.  :D

IMG_2023-5-10-171619.jpg.4aab9653e97b6e93ae47efaa92235784.jpg

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

For me, after driving my outdoor Scorpion with drag brake turned off from the factory 10% setting on the XR10 (which turned out to be the trick to keep the rear from lifting off throttle and feeling light), installed the new 19.5 BL and XR10 I got yesterday on my TurboScorpion.  :D

IMG_2023-5-10-171619.jpg.4aab9653e97b6e93ae47efaa92235784.jpg

Curious to know, are you running it un-sensored? 🧐

7 minutes ago, Pylon80 said:

Curious to know, are you running it un-sensored? 🧐

It's sensored, if you zoom in on my crappy photo :o you might be able to see the sensor wire.. :D  This motor is extremely smooth with the XR10 Justock.

• Like 1