Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@GeeWings Ouch!  :(   Hope your back is better soon.

For me, I too can't do much heavy lifting these days either due to lower back pain, so been only doing the backup help for my son's furniture building and moving the last few days.  This morning I fixed the window blinds to the pretendRCshop expansion.. I'm going to replace all 5 binds in my pretendRCshop down the road as it is pretty much aged out and needs new hardware for the winding mechanism.  But for the time being, works great so going to concentrate on the other aspects first.  :D 

Today if all goes well, I will bring up the EVA foam to sort of roughly place the mini makeshift test track (it's only a 14 x19' room so roughly 266 sq ft) for my 1:10 cars and see how much more I can do with the floor.  If all goes well I will map out additional shelving for the room.. I want to separate my M38/military stuff from my other cars as the colors are vastly different (as they should be).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GeeWings said:

So, after another flare up with my old man back (leading to it totally seizing) today I went to hospital to have an epidural cortisone injection. Not the most enjoyable way to spend a day but the good news is that I should now be pain free for a few months.

The better news is that I can’t do any heavy chores or DIY for a while so I’m hoping I can finally get some time to continue some RC projects. 😏 

Sorry to hear about your back. I’ve been down a very long road with mine from high strength painkillers, injections and in the end 3 lots of surgery. Hope the injections work for you. 
ps the I can’t do chores bit is a dream rarely realised ☹️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The F104 Pro II build continues with the addition of front suspension and axles, a friction damper and a set of wings:

2023-06-07_10-29-05

I wasn't a fan of the silver washer underneath the pitch damper forward ball mount as to my eye it looked out of place sandwiched between the black upper deck and the black steel ball nut, so I swapped it for a black washer which disappears nicely into the background.

I also didn't like the transverse orientation of the holes in the standard clip-on body posts as these would cause the body pins to dig into the sides of the airbox, so I swapped them for some blue bolt-on alloy ones left over from a previous build which allowed me to align the holes fore-to-aft as they are on the F104V2 Pro.

Those of you familiar with the body set that comes with the F104 Pro II kit will know that while looking very nice, the front wing extends way past the chassis itself and has very little support, resulting in it becoming bent and floppy after only a few minor impacts. Not what you want when the front wing doubles as a front bumper. I am therefore running the body set that was released with the F104 Pro, which has a shorter, sturdier front wing that can withstand a season's racing without going floppy. The kit-supplied body set will function as a shelf display item where it won't be subject to any impact damage.

• Like 5

Thanks @Willy iine and @Busdriver. I’m hoping the injection gives me enough help to get back on top of it. I was doing enough cycling and other stuff to keep it at bay for a long while but between wife being sick, getting Covid and work crazyness personal exercise took too much of a back-seat. Anyway, feeling good about it.

@matisse That looks lovely. Can you post more pics?

• Like 2

I took the "Grassscorcher" out for a spin, I think I like this body shell more on the Grasshopper.

20230607_165256.jpg

20230607_171034_001.jpg

20230607_170623_015.jpg

20230607_165737.jpg

• Like 13

59 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

I took "Grassscorcher" out for a spin, I think I like this body shell more on the Grasshopper.

20230607_165256.jpg

20230607_171034_001.jpg

20230607_170623_015.jpg

20230607_165737.jpg

That kind of looks like sand scorcher. I was lookin for a beater(?) body to use instead of candy green body for my grasshopper. Hmm

On 6/7/2023 at 6:45 PM, Sogogi said:

That kind of looks like sand scorcher. I was lookin for a beater(?) body to use instead of candy green body for my grasshopper. Hmm

The shell that I have is a Bolink re-production attached with CC-01 mounts, it's surprisingly thick and hasn't cracked anywhere yet, just a lot of scratches, Sabula Tech makes them.

@GeeWings I join the others in saying that I hope the injection gives you enough solace and a prompt recovery! Last year I've been crushed by a back ache for about three months (it was a muscle spasm on my upper back, so not exactly the same as you or others, but as we all know it's in the same club!), one of the most horrendous things I've ever experienced, so I feel you. Constant pain 24/7, couldn't sleep or even lay down for weeks, and so on... luckily I recovered fully, and I wish you the same. As most already said, physical activity is crucial: once you're able to move around and stretch/work out again, the recovery progress will increase immensely 👍 all the best, bud.

@matisse your new buggy looks sharp, and pretty interesting indeed. Any more photos please? :)

As for me, today I graced the Scorchy with a couple extra stickers. Not exactly crucial, but should go a little faster now 😉

20230607-201938.jpg

20230607-202018.jpg

20230607-202803.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

The replacement pull start for the EB4 turned up yesterday, and fitted today. Looking forward to giving it a run again 😁

IMG_5385.jpg

• Like 10

For me, worked on cleaning up the walls (spackling and touch up) after removing curtains and a couple of lights.. cleaned the floor and place EVA foam for the pretendRCshop expansion. B)

IMG_2023-6-7-234107.jpg.b5b715191d146f2aebbdfb82f40f3c60.jpg

IMG_2023-6-7-234124.jpg.3ada17f05fd19484db304c6e8c173d6f.jpg

I will work on the flooring some more and order a few shelving units tomorrow.  

• Like 11

7 hours ago, GeeWings said:

Thanks @Willy iine and @Busdriver. I’m hoping the injection gives me enough help to get back on top of it. I was doing enough cycling and other stuff to keep it at bay for a long while but between wife being sick, getting Covid and work crazyness personal exercise took too much of a back-seat. Anyway, feeling good about it.

@matisse That looks lovely. Can you post more pics?

Thanks @GeeWings @Ferruz pics in the build thread below

• Like 1

Solberg are better at Scandinavian-flic now after Subaru Team did another upgrade on his TT-01e version, luckily he did not Quote “ Run straight into a X-mas tree 🌲 “ this time.

spacer.png

edit: hmm im getting more and moe back to playing like i was as a kid again the more i drive ☺️ 

• Like 11

Slowly detail the Rav4.

PS-55 Flat clear Exterior trim,

Mirrors

Textile rear cab area.

IMG_7066.jpg.e7023b0f2af9952a2e0ab8dab6e45c30.jpg

IMG_7055web.jpg

• Like 11

For me cleaned up the trims on the EVA foam for 2 areas.. inner corner and around register for central HVAC on the house. B)

IMG_2023-6-8-094419.jpg.431ff5be5b2f315a3e1b146a5d61c6a5.jpg

IMG_2023-6-8-094447.jpg.e39b4c02a28271026f106479f2c498a8.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, technics said:

Slowly detail the Rav4.

PS-55 Flat clear Exterior trim,

Mirrors

Textile rear cab area.

IMG_7066.jpg.e7023b0f2af9952a2e0ab8dab6e45c30.jpg

IMG_7055web.jpg

This is a really interesting and beautifully carried out build. You’re a very brave man cutting up what I think is a fairly rare bodyshell but I have to say you have nailed it. The colour is lovely.

• Like 3

@Busdriver Thank you very much!

80s-90s automobiles do it for me.  I get really really excited if I find that little bit extra special subject that I haven’t seen done before. With this usually comes long long search and sometimes a premium  cost beyond logic. But the end we are just trying to keep motivated, inspired and being creative! Thank you for your kind words, it’s exciting when others get excited too :) 

As for cutting up the body, once I saw that someone made a Rav4 into a crawler like the one off of motor trend I set out to replicate the feeling, I had to do it ! 😀

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, worked on cleaning up the walls (spackling and touch up) after removing curtains and a couple of lights.. cleaned the floor and place EVA foam for the pretendRCshop expansion. B)

IMG_2023-6-7-234107.jpg.b5b715191d146f2aebbdfb82f40f3c60.jpg

IMG_2023-6-7-234124.jpg.3ada17f05fd19484db304c6e8c173d6f.jpg

I will work on the flooring some more and order a few shelving units tomorrow.  

Enormous 👌🏻

• Thanks 1

More custom stickers for the Jugger, about half-way there.

This has become quite the project for what will be mostly a show car. :lol:

Replaced bushings on trx4m with bearings. This small car has more bushings than i thought

IMG_7426.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Replaced bushings on trx4m with bearings. This small car has more bushings than i thought

IMG_7426.jpeg

And it's a RTR to boot, so you have to do twice the work to build it properly!

Remember how I said I didn't like SCTs? Well now I have three of them, I quite like this one in particular.

20230608_175627.jpg

20230608_181001.jpg

20230608_175636.jpg

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me cleaned up the trims on the EVA foam for 2 areas.. inner corner and around register for central HVAC on the house. B)

IMG_2023-6-8-094447.jpg.e39b4c02a28271026f106479f2c498a8.jpg

I love the attention to detail!

@Sogogi - Once you do the bearings, then you start looking at the gearing, and where should the brass go, and maybe some stickier tires... it's a slippery slope! (but if you do it right, your TRX4M will go back up that slippery slope :D )

• Haha 2

Took my first RTR that I’ve bought in about 15+ years for a run! OMG what an absolute monster it’s insane and I haven’t even put the speed gears in it yet! I knew a enough to get me up and running about brushless and lipo but now I’ve basically had to take a crash course (so to speak) on this side of the rc hobby because they ain’t cheap and easily damaged!……but what an absolute hoot:D

IMG_0124.jpeg

• Like 7

Leap forward with some progress on my Lancia Stratos! Happy Friday everyone!

spacer.png

ilxb5DW.jpg

Rge0ib1.jpg

WXOjUDB.jpg

• Like 7