Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After some chores I got some time and  fitted the wide axles and hexes asap zulu pulu. I gotta say I like the stance. This is one hole lower on the bodyposts all round. On a 1:1 you would never had such a brutal toe in at the rear,  but well; it's an RC. The motor is getting the occational machineoil for the bushings ATM, so testing will have to wait 

20230609_114453.jpg

20230609_114520.jpg

• Like 11

Found out that the j-Concept tires i have on Top-Force with Super Stock indeed needs Super Glue.

They looked like a Vinyl Single at one point (as Vinyl is back on the market these days i asume everyone know what im talking about)

• Haha 6

For me, after working on my WRX STI this morning, I decided to drive my Delta since I was already in my garage.  :D 

IMG_2023-6-9-103359.jpg.e9ca1887d32bdc51496ad9dfdf12d093.jpg

IMG_2023-6-9-103425.jpg.5ac3897fa3337369096a1be433dc539d.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I finished my Optima just in time for the Tamiya Junkies meeting tomorrow. 

Kyosho Optima

• Like 13

Completed candy green grasshopper. I reallt like the body! Added sport tuned while GH2 has super stock BZ.

IMG_7435.jpeg

• Like 10

18 hours ago, lsear2905 said:

I love the attention to detail!

@Sogogi - Once you do the bearings, then you start looking at the gearing, and where should the brass go, and maybe some stickier tires... it's a slippery slope! (but if you do it right, your TRX4M will go back up that slippery slope :D )

Haha i already have better tires and a set of weighted wheel hex. It actually performs better than scx24 which i put more money into but not so happy with scx24

Today saw the electrics going into my F104 Pro II.

2023-06-09_05-18-02

2023-06-09_05-17-24

I was determined to use a standard size LiPo and standard Spektrum receiver instead of the shorty LiPo and micro receiver that I use on my other F104, as well as using the tucked-in side pods on the body shell, so getting everything to fit was a challenge but it all made it in eventually.

• Like 11

So I woke up this morning, and after avoiding my wife all week (she tested positive on Monday) I've now got the 'rona.

Lucky I have a few projects lined up, ready to keep myself busy - but that's only if I feel up to it.

Meanwhile, I mounted my new doorbell, something @Willy iine and @Sogogi will definitely appreciate!

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Ministrone said:

I finished my Optima just in time for the Tamiya Junkies meeting tomorrow. 

Kyosho Optima

Nice!  I love this car.  So, how did you 'enjoy' applying the rear yellow decals?   :D     Lancia Delta was a breeze compared to the Optima's decal set.   Kogawa-san mentioned an Optima fan volunteered to make that decal sheet for Kyosho.. mainly due to the yellow paint not currently available. 

IMG_2023-4-19-120114.jpg.d4a1b647250ca695f602e8a4f917845f.jpg

• Like 3

Shiny lexan&pigment admiring in daylight today. It could’ve been better but it’s one of my best. Tape same day as spray is the key for me. 

f5jkgRp.jpg

p3cH7YW.jpg

FmsxSN1.jpg

• Like 14

Another Hop-Up round in the “Garage” for Top-Force today, after i changed to SS motor i bought Metal Motor Mount, Rear Metal Knuckles (already have in Front) & Metal hubs rear (already installed in front), Servo Saver & finished up with Titan Hex screws, as i was a noobie building this there was way to much threadlock on all screws on carbon deck (that go down in metal mounts ofc), so it was not a easy job.

Someone told me on this Forum at the very start taking this Hobby up again (T-F was my second kit) that you got the most out off your money buying T-F standard kit (Only Evo in Stock now). Bought it from RCmart for 2100kr inkl shipping and it was not caught by custom either (with the kr value today its aroun 180£.  You get carbon upper/lower deck & in general high performance out off the box, as good it handles SS i doubt Tamiya have a buggy that handles better, yes I am still a amateur/terrible Driver so that needs loads off improvement though

• Like 3

Today I finished the TD4 chassis and even got some paint on the shell. I like the colour of the wheels a lot. After hopping up the Astute a little too far I decided to hold off on any blue bits for the steering assembly but this is noticeably sloppier than a stock TD2. I guess it has more linkage points. I’ll hold firm… until a PJ order needs bulking out. 

IMG_4520.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice one with the wide rear axles @Andreas W, car looks sharp and mean now! 💥

@technics stunning looking Stratos shell you got there, wow :o lovely, indeed. What brand is it if I may ask? Also, great choice on the Pirelli livery, one of the hottest ever on a Stratos IMHO and something I always wanted to reproduce myself someday. Can't wait to see the finished result.

As for me, I glued and mounted the on road tires on the Mid this morning. I think they look and feel super good -although nothing like the OGs of course😅. Tires have a nice tarmac thread (a first for me) and the rears yield a wider track because of the offset.I'm excited to try it out on the current Postal Racing course, hopefully this afternoon if the weather holds. 

20230610-150346.jpg

20230610-150401.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

For me, I got new alloys for my Beetles so did the tire lettering on those (sorry, I am completely out of attachment memory again so no pictures), also trialed new photo taking space in my new pretendRCshop's test course where I have a window on one of the walls located about 12" from the floor.. which makes it PERFECT for natural lighting for RC.  :D    I will be making a new photo-taking floor (plastic corrigated board with simulated wood grain vinyl)  and maybe a back drop so that I don't continue taking pictures in front of my cluttered wire shelves in the pretendRCshop.   I mean it's not like my pretendRCshop has any revenue so it is okay to look folksy, I suppose.

I will start the Wild One build later today...  B)   not that this Tamiya tuner company gives a crap..  I decided I will not post any pictures of this car on my IG page #pretendrcshop.

Update.. ended up not building the WildOne today as my interest got directed to making the backdrop and 2 different tiles I would use for future photo taking.  :D     I posted a test photo on IG and it looks fantastic, imho..  there are other photo's I took, but man all of them are night day improvement in color and color separation thanks to the diffused natural light.   I'm going to work on the photo area some more tomorrow morning.  It's completely collapsible so I can stow it away in the closet while not in use.

• Like 5

No postal racing because it rained, but I got to drive around the Mid a little bit at dusk once it was dry again. It's the first time for me driving it on tarmac, having only used it on snow so far. What a beast, even with the stock pinion, I was delighted 💥:o Smooth, silent and precise, a real joy to drive. Can't wait to try it out around the postal racing track, hopefully tomorrow if it doesn't rain. 

20230610-184651.jpg

20230610-221247.jpg

20230610-222504.jpg

Screenshot-20230610-221921-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230610-222015-Video-Player.

• Like 12

Looking good @Ferruz!!!   B)       If I cannot source another Javelin, I think I too am doing to run my white one for outdoor use.  I want a 4WD Kyosho car for out door to accommodate the Scorpion and Beetle.  If not Javelin, the MID is just an awesome all around car.   Mine is only running 15.5 BL, so will gear it very low.

For me, painted my photo area back drop corrigated plastic to a warm gray color I used in Willy's shop.   Should look good.  Will give it a trial photo shoot later today.   If interested, please keep an eye open at Instagram. #pretendrcshop

I am asking my son to create an official pretendRCshop logo for future use as I plan on getting a tad (tad as in very very little) more involved on the media side.  :D

• Like 2

Nice weekend, mostly family ‘Honey Do’s’ as my wife is away watching tennis in Paris - However,  I found an hour or so this afternoon to Tamiya tinker with my new to me M-07.

Simple stuff, setting up the handset, steering, putting foam body pads on the body shell, etc. 

Very therapeutic and really nice using items I have already in my spares as well - using what I have makes me very happy!

Really looking forward to running this one, it will be a good litmus test as to whether road going models get used or moved a long 😎

image.jpg

• Like 11

32 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Nice weekend, mostly family ‘Honey Do’s’ as my wife is away watching tennis in Paris - However,  I found an hour or so this afternoon to Tamiya tinker with my new to me M-07.

Simple stuff, setting up the handset, steering, putting foam body pads on the body shell, etc. 

Very therapeutic and really nice using items I have already in my spares as well - using what I have makes me very happy!

Really looking forward to running this one, it will be a good litmus test as to whether road going models get used or moved a long 😎

image.jpg

A cold beer and some rc tinkering. Perfect afternoon.

J

• Like 3

I bought my first Lego train set..    :ph34r:    Model 60337.   It comes with a motorized locomotive which I will place my iPhone on to take reels, and then control the train off my iPad via BT or use the kit controller to move the thing forward/reverse and variable speeds.   :D  

The good part is the motor (which I may burn out due to the weight of the iPhone) is easily replaceable for like $12.. 

Originally I was thinking about getting an HO scale train, but the Lego is stand alone and no need to power the motored cars through the rails so this is good.

• Like 6

My plans for this morning were to set up the current postal racing track but, since the Mid in its on road configuration was all ready to go, I just couldn't resist going for a run first.

Before I knew it I found myself bombing all the streets of the neighborhood 😅 this car is just so much fun and rewarding to drive, I couldn't stop until the battery was done.

Screenshot-20230611-130349-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230611-130335-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230611-130149-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230611-130243-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230611-130320-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20230611-130110-Video-Player.

And now off again to lay out the track...

• Like 13

Lately I’ve been doing a lot of reading on the M07.  But that is now coming to a screeching halt.

The wifey just announced we have been invited to the beach in two weeks!  Woohoo!

So all my RC time and energy these next couple of weeks will go towards getting the Bushy D primed and ready!

Terry

• Like 6

Ran my Candy green grasshopper. Glad i did not put something more powerful than sport tuned. It has tons of power for what it is! Very fun to play with :)

91D2AFD4-C372-439A-A3E2-BABC44A6355C.jpeg

• Like 11