Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm on a roll...

This morning I finally finished the stickering on this Audi R8 LMS. It's the 51471 body set, one of my absolute favourites of Tamiya's :wub:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It sits on a TA04-RR bits-a-build...essentially a TA04-R built entirely from parts with Hop Up carbon fibre damper stays, diff joints and aluminium steering

spacer.png

Another project finished :D

• Like 13

Finished building my Kyosho TF-4 Type-R. This was partially built when I got it. I disassembled it and rebuilt it with alu and carbon bits and titanium screws.

20230809_221302.jpg

• Like 6

For me, completed the F104 and posted in the gallery only thread.  There are more pictures available on instagram #pretendRCshop 

Please check them out if interested.  B)  TIA.

So.. what to build next..  just wait for JJ WC Ultima?  

IMG_2023-08-09-155404.jpg.916c2040f2ebe255e91e72217b398e56.jpg

• Like 10

Not today but over the last couple of weeks I build a Midnight Pumpkin for our youngest fourth birthday:

1691515449612.jpg.624be42fafd8011b056aa55bbbe60632.jpg

And over the last two days I rebuild these guys:

1691652614611.jpg.063b133adc8a02dfd4127c4503e44b0c.jpg

1691652614764.jpg.5379b3faf3bc9cda851aa06798b3edfc.jpg

1691652614886.jpg.d6d088a519cf768efd204c80a312cef4.jpg

They are now for sale on our local online marketplace :(.  Have to make room because I'm running out of space and this showed up for my own birthday recently:

1691652996212.jpg.6a6bf1653fba2f78feaf9e9ccf78762e.jpg

Haven't been on this forum a lot recently and I have a lot of catching up to do. Have already seen some great work from all of you!

Ps. Let me know if any of you has an interest in one of the cars.

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, bavee said:

Not today but over the last couple of weeks I build a Midnight Pumpkin for our youngest fourth birthday:

1691515449612.jpg.624be42fafd8011b056aa55bbbe60632.jpg

Never seen a red Pumpkin before. That looks absolutely lovely.!

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, toyolien said:

Never seen a red Pumpkin before. That looks absolutely lovely.!

Thanks. Inspired by Blaze and the Monster Machines.

• Like 1

@bavee - I like that the "limited edition" Memorial Fighter Buggy has been put to good use. :) Carson wheels on the Rising Fighter, right?

• Like 2

img_8310nwed2.jpeg

Build the gearbox for a King Cab which will be sold in the next weeks😢

But that‘s the circle of RC. Some have to go to make room for new ones.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt.Speirs said:

Build the gearbox for a King Cab which will be sold in the next weeks😢

But that‘s the circle of RC. Some have to go to make room for new ones.

Humm... have you thought about just storing the King Cab and rotating your cars?   I ran out of display space in my pretendRCshop and started doing this.. I have a shelf full of cars that aren't scratching my itch right now, but perhaps they might down the road, so moved them into the closet.  I can pull them out at any time so it's not like they are stored in a storage facility for the long haul.

I sometimes regret selling something a bit too prematurely and later needing to re-buy, so decided to just store them.  I will decide what to do with them when it is time to sell the house and move back to my homeland.

For me, nothing RC planned for today.. so I think besides admiring my Kyosho Beetles sitting a few feet away, I am going to enjoy driving my Mini-Z's in my pretend pylon test course today.  :D 

• Like 3

Finished up this guy...

oWdN2zE.jpg

Then moved him downstairs to the RC area.

8fUl0Wl.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how he turned out, all things considered.  This was my first attempt at modifying the character body features, and at repainting parts of the body itself.
The head was actually destined for the trash after having much of the back/top of the helmet cut off years ago to fit into the interior of a Jeep Cherokee for an SCX10 build that eventually got scrapped.  The body and interior from that project were sold, the chassis got reworked into my "Chaos Theory" monster truck, and the head ended up in a scrap pile.  When I was trying to paint heads for some other characters, I decided to see if I could rebuild the cutout areas with styrene and filler.  It took a LOT of work, but seemed okay.  I painted the head some 7-8 months ago as a "practice head" before working on two others that I was more invested in.  This one never really had a plan.  Eye's were painted with the terrible "teal" color that my daughter mixed for part of her Midnight Pumpkin build, and somehow it worked well.  The head had just been sitting around... and now finally has a home.

ZJGSQPz.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Humm... have you thought about just storing the King Cab and rotating your cars?   I ran out of display space in my pretendRCshop and started doing this.. I have a shelf full of cars that aren't scratching my itch right now, but perhaps they might down the road, so moved them into the closet.  I can pull them out at any time so it's not like they are stored in a storage facility for the long haul.

I sometimes regret selling something a bit too prematurely and later needing to re-buy, so decided to just store them.  I will decide what to do with them when it is time to sell the house and move back to my homeland.

Beside this King Cab for sale, I have a full restored Hilux Monster Racer and all parts to convert it to an King Cab (a King Cab body (badly painted but in good condition for restoration), a set of white King Cab rims, an additional pair of rear tires, King Cab body posts and a original decal set 😁

It‘s not the missing space, it’s more that I see no need to have more than one chassis of them. And to be honest, I have an original King Cab as permanent rental from a friend, which I can drive when I want.

You see I‘m in a luxury situation 😜

Kinda log post, I apologize in advance.

I have had a few old Losi Mini-T's just sitting. I'm going to be ditching one of my actual project cars and freeing up half of my garage. I intend on setting up a track I can easily set up and put away, so I wanted to pull these things out.

53107210929_e911269f1c_c.jpg

These are the two I'm starting with.

53107211294_78108018fd_c.jpg

This one already had a 3-wire servo and some cheapie ESC in it, so it was the first to get torn into.

53107212704_b0f7c1d761_c.jpg

Using a 1625 ESC so I can run LiPo.

Speaking of LiPo.

53107211574_54a0d556f2_c.jpg

53106434807_f7c9859b86_c.jpg

I couldn't have a tiny lipo with 14g wire. It wasn't flexible enough for fitting under the body. I also shortened the balance leads. It was very uncomfortable to do. I just need to find heat shrink for it now.

53107003971_163734a39a_c.jpg

And topped with a nice, yellow antenna tube.

Sometime soon, the silver one will get the same treatment.

• Like 11

Finished the left side of my Bolink Schkee body, riding on an Eliminator 10. Nathaneal at MCI did a wonderful job printing my custom decals.

IMG_8429.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tbird232ci said:

Kinda log post, I apologize in advance.

I have had a few old Losi Mini-T's just sitting. I'm going to be ditching one of my actual project cars and freeing up half of my garage. I intend on setting up a track I can easily set up and put away, so I wanted to pull these things out.

53107210929_e911269f1c_c.jpg

These are the two I'm starting with.

53107211294_78108018fd_c.jpg

This one already had a 3-wire servo and some cheapie ESC in it, so it was the first to get torn into.

53107212704_b0f7c1d761_c.jpg

Using a 1625 ESC so I can run LiPo.

Speaking of LiPo.

53107211574_54a0d556f2_c.jpg

53106434807_f7c9859b86_c.jpg

I couldn't have a tiny lipo with 14g wire. It wasn't flexible enough for fitting under the body. I also shortened the balance leads. It was very uncomfortable to do. I just need to find heat shrink for it now.

53107003971_163734a39a_c.jpg

And topped with a nice, yellow antenna tube.

Sometime soon, the silver one will get the same treatment.

Mini t was one of my favorites apart from rc18 series

7 hours ago, JimBear said:

@bavee - I like that the "limited edition" Memorial Fighter Buggy has been put to good use. :) Carson wheels on the Rising Fighter, right?

The Fighter Buggy comes with a new body and decals so you can make it as new ;).

Yes, Carson wheels on the Rising Fighter. The originals somehow got lost when it was staying at one of the neighbours kids...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tbird232ci said:

I have had a few old Losi Mini-T's just sitting. I'm going to be ditching one of my actual project cars and freeing up half of my garage. I intend on setting up a track I can easily set up and put away, so I wanted to pull these things out....

Nice!

Mini T's were an awesome little truck back in the day.  I had one that I built up with a VW Beetle body and a modified setup to run Venom "Mini Giant" tires (effectively making it a tiny Stadium Blitzer).  Me and two buddies used to have a rotating "race series", where once/month on a Sunday someone would pick a location, setup a make-shift course, and we would do a 2-3 heat race.  Good times...

I updated the electronics in mine sometime back, but embarrassingly it's been sitting unused on a shelf for longer than I care to admit...

Just found these three coffee table mean machines in a random box. Happy! I thought I lost them in the flood we had two years ago, so glad that I found them.

20230808-123820.jpg

20230808-124216.jpg

This micro Hornet is also, in a way, one of the craziest things I've done in terms of scale effort: it was originally purple, and painting it black without going over the graphics sure proved to be challenging 😄

• Like 7

Those mini's look awesome, @Ferruz!

So today I made my usual low profile stand for the F104 and placed on display.   B)IMG_2023-08-10-184947.jpg.f73f180bfd4905e8eea03ee23f56595a.jpg

Then took 2 naps between work related projects as I was (and still am) tired from a lot of BS at my money making gig and at home.  At least I am WFH today and tomorrow.  

I found out today from the village inspectors that there is a water leak between my house's main water valve and the main.  This means they need to dig up the valve located in my front yard to replace.. which also means they will mark up my lawn before the job to ensure there are no electrical or gas lines near by... there isn't, I already know but they need to do it anyway for liability reasons.  You know, this is going to be the 3rd time they are marking my lawn this season as I had requested twice already.. once to do the storm pipe drainage and another time to plant the cherry blossom tree.   I thought I could finally water the grass and just enjoy the nice green lawn rest of season, but no, they need to violate it with paint stripes and flags and dig up a 3x5ft section like 5ft down..:wacko:   on the bright side, they said I could potentially notice an increase in water pressure after the repair so that is a welcome note.

So to relieve stress, I think I am going to order up a couple more RC cars to work on.. :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Nice!

Mini T's were an awesome little truck back in the day.  I had one that I built up with a VW Beetle body and a modified setup to run Venom "Mini Giant" tires (effectively making it a tiny Stadium Blitzer).  Me and two buddies used to have a rotating "race series", where once/month on a Sunday someone would pick a location, setup a make-shift course, and we would do a 2-3 heat race.  Good times...

I updated the electronics in mine sometime back, but embarrassingly it's been sitting unused on a shelf for longer than I care to admit...

I have a beetle project in the works as well. I have a handful of aluminum parts and other various hop ups. I still have to get more electronics, a body and so on. 

I have been shopping around for a lap timer system. They seem fairly reasonable for a smaller, indoor setup. 

• Like 1

Replaced super stock rz with brushless. It runs much more efficiently with same gearing.

IMG_8212.jpeg

• Like 4

Battery in, and tested up and down the hallway. Very happy with the Velcro straps which were cheap from eBay!

IMG_4245.jpeg

• Like 4