Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I drove this for a bit, on one hand the external Yeah Racing motor mount does sort of help.

On the other hand, even with it, and internal motor mount, AND extra heat sinks. The motor gets blazing HOT after about 10 minutes.

20230826_170402.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rinskie said:

I started the process of organizing and packing my RC stuff in preparation for the upcoming move back to the North East. It's kinda sad knowing I won't be ably to mess around with my junk for a week or so but then I will have access to a really nice driveway for some postal racing so that's exciting. 

I'll join you in the postal stuff from here man! As soon as I get that Golf body painted (the rules are strict: no naked chassis).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

I drove this for a bit, on one hand the external Yeah Racing motor mount does sort of help.

On the other hand, even with it, and internal motor mount, AND extra heat sinks. The motor gets blazing HOT after about 10 minutes.

20230826_170402.jpg

Try to put more torqey motor.. or high turn brushless..

Started building the XV-01. Had ordered some spacers to replace the NN4-parts. But it seems I also need some 4mm shims. That I didn't order. So back to the LHS.

Was really looking forward to a proper evening building :(.

We'll be able to go for a short vacation by the end of next week, just a little road trip to some beachy destination not too far from here (original plans were more ambitious, but can't happen for now).

That means that an RC car had to be set up for the trip. Once again, I decided to go for the Hornet. I know I should change it up, but there's just nothing that can compare amongst my fleet in terms of maintenance, running time, and most of all freedom from guilt. As much as I'd love to see my Mid ripping through a sandy beach, I rather preserve it from such actual grind 😅

But the Hornet... the Hornet don't care, he can take it all, "Anytime Baby"! 😎

So off we go with some TLC before the trip. New rear kicks are now installed, while on the front I'll keep the old smoothies.

20230827-135017.jpg

I also re-shimmed and tightened the steering, much better now after sanding down the original servo saver a little to get rid of some play (simple trick, never did it before but worked well).

Much care had to be given to the body, by now badly battered but still somehow in one piece. The rear wing was especially bad, and is now officially made of 20% lexan, 30% hot glue, 20% shoe goo and 30% hope. The aesthetics of this shell haven't been a priority for a long time now, but that wing had grown particularly monstrous to look at. Not worth spending too much time on it -I should just mount a new one already- I decided to just slap a patch on it. A skateboarding sticker with the right colours was used for the purpose. Far from amazing, but I think it worked alright. This will be darting through sand and water very soon, anyway...

20230827-134628.jpg

I also did some maintenance on the Big Boss, and sent an inquiry on Shapeways about some new dogbones for it.

Now tinkering with the Terra Scorcher, in hope to participate on this round of racing by post. Last day though, time is ticking!

• Like 8

Not RC related, but I put some batteries in this old Porsche toy, still works after all of these years!

I like to collect older, semi-detailed toys, specifically that are made not in China or Malaysia. This particular one was made in Japan (out of aluminum I think). Originally sold at Sears long ago for only a few bucks.

20230827_112718.jpg

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, bavee said:

Started building the XV-01. Had ordered some spacers to replace the NN4-parts. But it seems I also need some 4mm shims. That I didn't order. So back to the LHS.

Was really looking forward to a proper evening building :(.

huh.. I built my XV01 straight out of the box (maybe just added the high torque servo saver if it did not come with one) and drove it with a BZ motor.  It drives quite nicely in stock form..  I have no plan to do any hopups on it.   Anyway, hope you get your parts soon!   B)

For me, drove my 1:1 GR Supra again this morning, had a great drive.  Then I detailed the car, went to get my 1:1 Forester washed at the local touchless car wash place, did a couple house chores, and decided I've had enough for one day.  :lol:  Took a quick nap and now driving my Mini-Z's in my pretend pylon test course to wind down.  I've not started the MB01 yet, I was just too tired yesterday.  I might work on it later tonight, but probably won't start until tomorrow.  I'm in no rush to build as it's really just this car and the JJ WC Ultima I will be building remainder of this year, most-likely.  

I want to focus on more decorative stuff related to RC to fine tune my RC space this winter.   B)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made up some foam strips for some new M chassis wheels. I dunno if this foam would count as "soft" or "hard", but it does the job and I had it laying around.

I also tried a bit of crawling, need to find the area to really give it a go!

20230827_141450.jpg

20230827_143357.jpg

20230827_180311.jpg

• Like 13

I finished building my TT-02R which is my first brushless motor build.  Just need to paint it and add some decals now - and buy some stickier tyres because the slicks that came with it are like drift tyres for me.

IMG_0861.jpeg

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

huh.. I built my XV01 straight out of the box (maybe just added the high torque servo saver if it did not come with one) and drove it with a BZ motor.  It drives quite nicely in stock form..  I have no plan to do any hopups on it.   Anyway, hope you get your parts soon!   B)

It seems the NN4 parts can get you in trouble:

On 6/9/2021 at 5:49 AM, Nicadraus said:

Check this counter gear. This happened to mine and a friend's XV-01 too. The one on the left is new. The gear on the right is worn out by the pin caused by a .5mm slop/play of the counter gear. I built the gearbox according to the manual but there seems to be a little flaw which lead to this. 

I have added two .2 shims on the each bushings to minimize the slop and hold the gear in place without moving back and forth. 

wDVo8dfh.jpg

The solution seems to be some alloy spacers with the same dimensions as the original plastic parts (have them) and some shims to reduce play (don't have them).

Should arrive on Tuesday...

Besides this I'm only doing the alloy suspension mounts and a high torque servo saver. Those seem to be the most needed hop-ups.

• Like 3

@bavee  I probably don't drive the XV01 enough or hard enough.  :D   Mine's still going strong.  I will swap out that part when the time comes.  Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

5n8Mns3.jpg

Gave the birthday girl her first serious RC. Decided on this over a M-05 as it is cheaper but better. Body already done (will be a surprise), not decided on electronics yet.

• Like 14

Well this happened again on cc02.

i did use loctitr and tried to make it tight as much as i could.

time to order cvd parts..

:(

IMG_8463.jpeg

• Sad 8

On 8/25/2023 at 11:21 PM, mtbkym01 said:

The I spotted the Kyosho kits, and something that is very hard to find in Australia now was staring me right in the face, My wife saw me looking at it, then just said buy it, I can see you want it

53141313537_b59a914089_k.jpg

So this will be flying home with me tomorrow…She’s a keeper my good lady :wub:

Excellent choice in wife and in car!  :D   :lol:  You're going to love that Beetle.  It is by far one of my favorite cars of all time.  It's like in my top 5 for sure.  That picture on the box just does not do it justice!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dang @Sogogi..  perhaps time for something more robust?  Seems Tamiya is not at the level of your hardcore driving... was that you that sold the TRX4 for the CC02?  

Turns out the damage wasn’t too bad, and luckily since I had planned to build a second tc01 with every hop up possible (but haven’t yet), I had all the parts I needed on hand. So all fixed with some fancy blue now :)

F5A642E4-D1F1-4FF1-BA16-C3D558A1A8CB.thumb.jpeg.814bb72fb61471e3e3da535e241d3453.jpeg

• Like 3

This afternoon I changed the oil on the front shocks of the TS and sealed the O rings with green slime. I want to try a slightly stiffer setup in the front but I'm not too sure, I'll see how that goes 😅

20230827-202154.jpg

Once done, time was sadly too tight for a postal racing attempt, having also other things to do, so I had to let that go. I went for a quick dusk run with the Boss instead, to get at least some RC action. I'm happy with how it operates with the suspension shimmed up, it feels somehow rejuvenated!

Screenshot-20230827-203450-Video-Player.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Willy iine said:

Dang @Sogogi..  perhaps time for something more robust?  Seems Tamiya is not at the level of your hardcore driving... was that you that sold the TRX4 for the CC02?  

I just drove on a short grass patch for like 10 min without any jumps :( (grasshopper and gf-01 survived bunch of jumping and crashes on an offroad track).

I didn’t have cc-02 in mind when sold trx4.. i wanted one randomly after that haha.

After building the chassis during my 5 days of isolation, I finally painted and stickered up my latest Tamiya.

I'd upload more photos, but I'm getting the '-200' error.

I also ran the TRX4M, a couple of boats, the Konghead and a Stampede on the weekend.

Compress_20230828_111751_1094.jpg

• Like 6

Set an even better time in the Teapot Races, ran a Teapot Hillclimb event, and took part in a Teapot Parade!

2023-08-28_09-00-03

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

Took my now very hoped-up T-F (and more are on the way from RCmart :) ) out for a spin, of course it was wet as all off Aug have been here so got all these sticky small tree seeds all over inside:

spacer.png

• Like 8

Found the spare mount... old one looks a bit..  😬

AGN2Fbx.jpg

• Like 3