Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've done something unusual for me....I didn't paint the scorcher body, it's going to have a lot of stickers on it and it's a spare runner body so I left it unpainted.   

It did get a light wash to fill in the panel lines however. 
scorcher body (1).JPG

scorcher body (3).JPG

• Like 8

On 8/25/2023 at 8:40 PM, Busdriver said:

Yes please especially the 6 wheeler. It’s given me an idea already!!!!

2023-08-29_01-38-02

• Like 8

Detailing and cleaning up. A lot of miscellaneous, the final stretch! There’s going to be three sets of original GT3 wheels for this one 😂😃. I’m blown away by this bodyset, hope Tamiya continues coming out with new and iconic models.

vcNOr1V.jpg

39cdjMU.jpg

7JabBDT.jpg

oCsK52i.jpg

fXA9l7q.jpg

• Like 20

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

Very Nice @technics

+1 Ineed, very nice @technics!

For me I did some minor mods on my MB01 to get a smaller turn radius and found the design limits of the chassis to my content, so going to move onto my Mini-Z's.  :D    I think start off with doing the oil dampers on my APIO Jimny and then set up my green MR03EVO with a Hakosuka GT-R body this afternoon.  Should be fun.  

I will work on the TCR body maybe this weekend as I have a 4 day weekend coming up and want to take my time to make it look real nice.  B) 

• Like 1

Dropped a Hobbywing MAX10 G2 80A ESC and 3652SD 4100kV BLK G3 Motor into the WT-01 and ran it on a tamiya-sized 2S LiPo (Zee 4200mAh)

Very good fun, and seemingly a great power-match for this chassis, no overheating on 18T pinion and the battery lasted a good 20-30 mins.. 

Downside now is that its much faster than the kid's cars, and they want it.  They both have WR-01's so can't be (sensibly) upgraded.  

looks like I may have an excuse to buy another truck.

IMG_6256.JPG

• Like 6

2 hours ago, technics said:

Detailing and cleaning up. A lot of miscellaneous, the final stretch! There’s going to be three sets of original GT3 wheels for this one 😂😃. I’m blown away by this bodyset, hope Tamiya continues coming out with new and iconic models.

Beautiful! What color is it?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Arbedub said:

Downside now is that its much faster than the kid's cars, and they want it.  They both have WR-01's so can't be (sensibly) upgraded.  

Have you seen the new GF-02?

GF-02

@TurboRSR

Thank you all!

It’s PS-63 Bright Gunmetal misted on to build up a solid layer of paint.  Backed with white very generously.

I ruined a fair share of projects by rushing metallic paints. Get any pooling of paint or streaks it’s a dark metallic mess quickly. I’m Happy with this one.

I studied photos of my favorite modern Porsches and found that this one looked most realistic especially In daylight!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Badcrumble said:

Have you seen the new GF-02?

GF-02

I hadn’t.. that is a very interesting option.

I had almost settled on an arrma kraton or tekno mt410,  but I’m a sucker for the Tamiya kits.  This would mean I could stay on 1/10 as well. 

• Like 1

Installed oil dampers on my Jimny.  :D 

But can’t post photos for some reason again.. I should have enough memory for small pictures.. :wacko:

Pictures in my Stories on Instagram.. 

8 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Another day, another cockpit.💪

53150128239_8ed54fd38b_k.jpg

Strewth is that all masking tape!!!

1 minute ago, Busdriver said:

Strewth is that all masking tape!!!

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to be honest.🤔

1 minute ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Yeah, I'm wondering if it's actually necessary to be honest.🤔

If that’s how it should be done it’s no wonder mine look like 💩 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Arbedub said:

Dropped a Hobbywing MAX10 G2 80A ESC and 3652SD 4100kV BLK G3 Motor into the WT-01 and ran it on a tamiya-sized 2S LiPo (Zee 4200mAh)

Very good fun, and seemingly a great power-match for this chassis, no overheating on 18T pinion and the battery lasted a good 20-30 mins.. 

IMG_6256.JPG

This has reminded me I need to give my WT-01 brushless Amarok a run. Great fun chassis.

• Like 1

Today I've been thinking about my new RC space which could become a reality quite quickly. It will (hopefully) be a lot neater than the current <dung> pit but I think some things will need to go as there will be significantly less square footage.

I have been trying to draw up a list of what to let go. A list that has been making me a bit sad (Jr BC isn't that happy about it either). Mulling over thinning the herd by 

Wild Willy LWB (unrestored)

HotShot (unrestored)

M04 Giulia 

FTX Outlaw

Frog chassis (in bits)

ORV bitsa (Frog, Brat, summat else)

And maybe

Wild Willy 2

TL01

Oof. That looks harsh in black and white.

Debating whether to get rid of my LiPo batteries too. Which would then mean letting go of my crawlers - GCM Skeleton and Axial SCX10iii (unbuilt). The GCM is too small for a heavy Nimh pack. I don't think Mrs BC will want the batteries stored in a wooden building (I'm not keen either) but this evening she suggested we have another separate garden store so that may resolve the issue.

Much to think over.

How’s this modern classic look?  :D

This is my new MR03EVO Mini-Z.   No rubbing at this ride height and wheel offset.  

IMG_2023-08-29-172427.jpg.f871254bc43ffeabee32a78f0f2d8014.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

Debating whether to get rid of my LiPo batteries too.

Interesting. I am in the similar boat where i want to focus more on nimh batteries and deprecate(?) lipos since 

1. i do not race

2. much less hassle 

3. More than enough power/capacity to run all my cars (totally happy with nimh on brushless cars)

4. My nimh batteries fit all my cars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

This is my new MR03EVO Mini-Z.   No rubbing at this ride height and wheel offset.  

Very nice looking

• Thanks 1

I haven't used my LiPo's in years.. the only time I would have to use it is if I pull out my TA05 M-Four. 

NiMH does the trick for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

It looks incredible... until you see the wheels :( - that looks like someone putting 20" wheels on it! (sorry, not being rude, but large wheels on old cars is something that irritates me).

In other news, I still can't upload pics, this blasted -200 error is still killing me.

56 minutes ago, lsear2905 said:

It looks incredible... until you see the wheels :( - that looks like someone putting 20" wheels on it!

Yes have to agree. I loved your Fazer? based one but sorry those wheels make a really elegant car look like a hot wheels model😢

• Haha 1