Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Had this TA05 v2 pre-built and never ran chassis sitting in a box for ages, bought on eBay for what I thought was a bargain £90. 

Finally got around to fitting the electrics today, complete with the GT tuned motor that arrived last week. 

Next up, the Toyota Corolla body. 

spacer.png

@Elbowloh I really love that bodyset, I wonder if there’s a third one of us 😂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Put the XV01 into a bath of Coke to try and shift a bit more grot off the remaining rusty screws. 

Another 9 screws out tonight, leaves 22 left to shift, it’s getting more challenging now. 

• Like 4

The mail dude dropped off a new set of "gold" wheels for my Subaru project along with 2 sets of TT02 universals. I put the tires on the wheels while on a work call and built the CVD's tonight ahead of the chassis build planned for Thursday. 

On a side note @Pylon80, I am not missing those dusty AZ tennis courts but would give anything to be back there now with a finished TC to chase that Porsche of yours again. I wished we could have done more of that before I left. 

• Like 3

Got started on my BBX build. Haven't got all that far and so far it's stock except slipper, but my intention is to modify it after I've built it stock.

20231106_231834

Liking the quality materials etc so far, and especially the big ball joints which should make for sturdy and long lasting parts I reckon. Wee bit wary of how much it seems the flexy plastic cage is doing in structural terms to hold various suspension parts on. 

• Like 8

For me, I got home a bit earlier than expected from my money making gig so decided to have a chat over snacks with my son who is into cameras and media production on which mirrorless a bonehead newbie middle-aged dumb guy with no camera skills should get and he recommended the Canon R50.. so I'm going to think it over a little and decide to get that or the iPhone15 Pro.  I realized today that I must have been looking at the ProMax dims as the iPhone15Pro is basically the same size as my work iPhone13.  B)   .. and so far no issue carrying that phone in my pocket.  It is considerably larger than my personal iPhone12 mini, however..but then my eye sight has gone to crap so a larger screen can benefit, I suppose.

Then I proceeded to paint the M06L Beetle body.  I layered a 6yr old PS-orange (new) and standard PS-red and backed with white.  It turned out exactly how I imagined and very pleased.  :D   I will start the basic decals tomorrow and decide whether to run gum balls, etc.   Picture available on instagram Stories if interested.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rinskie said:

On a side note @Pylon80, I am not missing those dusty AZ tennis courts but would give anything to be back there now with a finished TC to chase that Porsche of yours again. I wished we could have done more of that before I left. 

Likewise 😐

Well painting plans were put off yesterday due to raining cats and dogs (not complaining though as we haven’t had any for about 6 months 😬) and also getting whacked with a migraine 😕 

Pulled a Sickie to aid recovery and managed to poke along with the Scooby as the Sun is out today,

IMG_5956.jpeg

Blue & Green done, white & yellow still masking tape, chuffed with progress so far 😃

• Like 17

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Well painting plans were put off yesterday due to raining cats and dogs (not complaining though as we haven’t had any for about 6 months 😬) and also getting whacked with a migraine 😕 

Pulled a Sickie to aid recovery and managed to poke along with the Scooby as the Sun is out today,

IMG_5956.jpeg

Blue & Green done, white & yellow still masking tape, chuffed with progress so far 😃

your skill with masking tape never ceases to amaze me. You are a gifted fellow!

Hope your head is better - migraines are horrible things

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Re-Bugged Looking real good so far!   Hope your migraines stay far away! 

I deal with chronic stupid brain every day.    :lol:   

For me today, going to work on the orange/red Beetle body decals and take a break somewhere to redo the window liners on the walls I did last Fall.  I had to use rice paper masking tape originally to mount the liners because the tape 3M included in the kit would not separate from the backing.  This time I just bought some rolls of clear poster tape, which I believe is the same tape 3M included in the set.B)     The masking tape works fine functionally, however I will be changing blinds to nicer looking wooden slats later on and that would cause the masking tape to show through between the slats which would not look too good..:wacko:

If all goes well, I can reuse the liners, but hope is definitely needed..:ph34r:    I bought another roll just in case..

• Thanks 1

In the last few days I have finished the lighting for the Skoda: drilling holes, soldering yellow LEDs for the turn signals, adjusting lamp holders and finally sorting the cables. 

PXL_20231107_121750053_1.jpg

PXL_20231106_151519557_1.jpg

PXL_20231106_151836614.jpg

• Like 14

20231107_155402

BBX requires 1mm holes drilled carefully just ~1mm deep into the damper caps. The only drill I have that'll grab a 1mm drill bit is my new (to me) big bench drill. Sledgehammer to crack a nut?!

Turned out well. It's not the most accurate tool but handy to have the free hand and a fixed drill and perfect sized hole in the drill table. 

The chassis is therefore complete except electronics:

20231107_193707

• Like 13

23 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Another 9 screws out tonight, leaves 22 left to shift, it’s getting more challenging now. 

Gave up with the Coke bath tonight, very limited success and of course very sticky 48 hours later 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Grumpy pants said:

Paid for this -  

67818779-F69-C-44-F7-94-CF-C78-DA2489-EB

I was watching that. Seemed a bit of a bargain...

3 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I was watching that. Seemed a bit of a bargain...

Hopefully it’s as good as it looks, comes new built, ready to run, ESC, servo and with bearings.

It’s my 1st HS and the one I like the look of the most. 

• Like 2

Yellow! 

20231107_231227

Its disguise is complete. My Fake Falcon has its yellow shocks. Assembled from the Blitzer shock internals and whatever suitable yellow plastics I could buy, which turned out to be identical rears, and fronts which are a slightly smaller diameter and cosmetically different caps, but same length except they only came with short bottom eyelets so I had to fit black ones. 

20231107_221919

I also shoehorned in some new YR M-05 ally steering parts, which add more bearings and so complete my war on slop. Well, once I make up new tie rods.

• Like 12

For me, finished the Beetle for the most part, I made a rear wing but starting to think I should run without since I simplified the bumpers, I should keep the rear as simple as possible for contrast with my other Beetle.

Going to install Billy and work on the roll cage next.  B)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Paid for this -  

67818779-F69-C-44-F7-94-CF-C78-DA2489-EB

Very smart 👌🏻, cracking lookin’ buggy’s.

Doesn’t appear to have been stored on the Mary Rose most of its life either, which is nice 😉

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

your skill with masking tape never ceases to amaze me. You are a gifted fellow!

Hope your head is better - migraines are horrible things

17 hours ago, Willy iine said:

@Re-Bugged Looking real good so far!   Hope your migraines stay far away! 

I deal with chronic stupid brain every day.    :lol:   

Cheers Fella’s 👍🏻

I had a bit of the White starting to pickle yesterday, so I’ve rubbed it back a bit, lightly wet sanding the area today and seems to have taken OK now 🤞🏻

Migraine’s gone as well thankfully 😃

• Like 3

On 11/7/2023 at 9:49 AM, Shergar said:

@Elbowloh I really love that bodyset, I wonder if there’s a third one of us 😂

You can add me to that (very short) list.  :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Yellow! 

20231107_231227

Its disguise is complete. My Fake Falcon has its yellow shocks. Assembled from the Blitzer shock internals and whatever suitable yellow plastics I could buy, which turned out to be identical rears, and fronts which are a slightly smaller diameter and cosmetically different caps, but same length except they only came with short bottom eyelets so I had to fit black ones. 

20231107_221919

I also shoehorned in some new YR M-05 ally steering parts, which add more bearings and so complete my war on slop. Well, once I make up new tie rods.

This looks great.

The stance looks a little lower to me?

And the DT02 wheels really freshen up the look of it 👏

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

This looks great.

The stance looks a little lower to me?

And the DT02 wheels really freshen up the look of it 👏

Yeah it's down a bit there and will come back up a little with shock settings, but still be quite squat. No bad thing I think. I didn't measure ride height before and after and it was quite low already. But rear droop is massively reduced and I hypothesise that that was affecting its handling a lot. 

On wheels, I've got some white Fox ones to dye. Fingers crossed.... 

• Like 1

I have been fiddling about today with ideas to widen the rear of my BBX. 

20231108_124921

20231108_125056

A few problems to solve before it's a runner like this but quite promising I think. 

• Like 4

Finally got around to completing my DN01 Zahhak in RC10-style livery.

dn01-1.jpg

dn01-2.jpg

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Blista said:

You can add me to that (very short) list.  :lol:

Do I go box art?