Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

For me, posted photos of my XM1S Beetle in the gallery only thread.  

I totally missed the back story on this one as I’ve been away from the forum so much but what an awesome creation!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mark_McQ said:

Took the first step toward starting my own wheel store. Been 3D printing and prototyping for about 2 years now. Been saying I wanted to start selling them online for a while but I keep getting carried away and designing new ones, up to about 140 so far. But I decided to get a few sets printed professionally in proper decent resin so I can give them a proper test run and they arrived today. If all goes well I can narrow down my selection to stuff I think will sell best and see how it goes. I feel there's a gap in the market for a lot of rim styles that none of the big companies are making, especially a lot of the older JDM retro type rims.

IMG_20231109_140307.jpg.71322fc4175acd1692fb237a523d25ff.jpg

Post updates please! These are some nice wheels.Would probably buy lol 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Great recommendations... But someone has already facilitated the M-chassis Ronal Turbo's and is working on the BBS too...

I know about them and they are going to look superb on your MK2. If I was to get an M-07 sometime I would be happy to make a 16V G60 Limited with Ronal Turbo :)

I was talking about the magnesium splitrim like we see here, though, as seen here (together with the Phase 1 Turbo on the car and some BBS magnesium wheel - not the RS, as we often see on road cars).

NSU TTS owners would be happy as well if they could get the Spiess wheel instead of the Fiat item they get now. So that is another idea for fabrikasjon from me. 

20220402_142557.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

ZisgzAS.jpeg

This looks awesome! I'm getting Tow-Mater vibes :lol:

Wonder what it would look like with a set of "smoothie" wheel hub caps, like these from Boom Racing:

boom-racing-27750-700x600.jpg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Mark_McQ said:

Took the first step toward starting my own wheel store. Been 3D printing and prototyping for about 2 years now. Been saying I wanted to start selling them online for a while but I keep getting carried away and designing new ones, up to about 140 so far. But I decided to get a few sets printed professionally in proper decent resin so I can give them a proper test run and they arrived today. If all goes well I can narrow down my selection to stuff I think will sell best and see how it goes. I feel there's a gap in the market for a lot of rim styles that none of the big companies are making, especially a lot of the older JDM retro type rims.

IMG_20231109_140307.jpg.71322fc4175acd1692fb237a523d25ff.jpg

It would be great if you made BBS E55 center inserts for the Tamiya 2-piece wheels, I guess those would be really popular!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I totally missed the back story on this one as I’ve been away from the forum so much but what an awesome creation!

Thanks!  Yeah, I've had great luck with Xpress's XM1S (started with the XM1 Competition chassis) which comes with a 210mm wheel base, so got their 239mm conversion kit and made a one-off Beetle that is special to me.  B)  

The car weights only like 60% of the M06 so it is very light even with Billy and accessories installed.  I always liked Xpress's cars and these m-chassis are no exception.  I should've built the XM1 Competiion earlier while there were inventory as I would've bought at least 2-3 more.  The XM1S drives very well too, but compared to the Competition it lacks the high-end feel and exclusivity.  Still a quality car, I am happy with them.  👍   Their current Competition m-chassis only comes in 225mm wheel base and have not seen a 210mm conversion kit, so I will probably pass.

For me today, got done with some house chores and caulk replacement in our kid's bath tub, so going to work on decal-ing my JJ WC Ultima next.. and rest of the day take it easy.  I'm still on the fence with buying/not buying the Canon R50..  the issue with me is I don't think I am willing to take the steps to get the photo/video into my iPad to edit them, then post... too many steps for old guy. :lol:

Update.. finished the JJ WC Ultima body without a hitch this time.  👍

Edited by Willy iine
  • Like 2

Today I removed the roof light reflectors. They aren't in function anyways, now that they are taken down... It is a nice opportunity to find a neat way to put some bulbs into it.

I used a 5mm aluminium tube to replace the missing lights.

.spacer.png

spacer.png

Instead of painting it (it certainly will get scratched), I used a sticker.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Before

spacer.png

• Like 5

I joined the ranks of thousands before me and build a TT02. It was a very enjoyable Bild from start to "mostly finished". I still have a few little things to sort out then it's off to focus on the body. 

• Like 3

For me, I made custom posters out of JJ WC Ultima's decals and eisels.  :D   I posted over on instagram if interested.   I am sure others will join in and make their own posters.. 👍  (not sure)

Man, I am so pleased I was able to finsh the Ultima body this time with zero mistake.  I don't know what was up with me originally when I did the body.. seemed I had issues after issues with the car all from my own clumsiness and mistakes.  It was one of those days.   I placed the JJ WC Ultima on display next to my regular Ultima tonight.  B)

Now can't wait to get my peppermint MID..!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

This looks awesome! I'm getting Tow-Mater vibes :lol:

Wonder what it would look like with a set of "smoothie" wheel hub caps, like these from Boom Racing:

boom-racing-27750-700x600.jpg

Those are snazzy 👍🏻 

That kind of thing would finish off the Tamiya M chassis Beetle wheels nicely instead of the nut showing in the middle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Those are snazzy 👍🏻 

That kind of thing would finish off the Tamiya M chassis Beetle wheels nicely instead of the nut showing in the middle. 

That's a great idea.. I didn't even think much of the nut showing, but if I can find a small dome screw cap or something, I can wrap it with mirror finish film and make it like a cap.. and friction fit into the bore.. hummmm... if domes were easy to make out of styrene..

Failed attempts..

IMG_2022-7-21-155512.jpg.1d8708da59ae1db32feff657e1e39d17.jpg

For my gas pump. :D   I made like 8 of them to get 2 good ones.

IMG_2022-7-27-150827.thumb.jpg.e2886cd1ed3a43a5259fe5b86a396f33.jpg

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

That's a great idea.. I didn't even think much of the nut showing, but if I can find a small dome screw cap or something, I can wrap it with mirror finish film and make it like a cap.. and friction fit into the bore.. hummmm... if domes were easy to make out of styrene..

I'm sure I've seen a screw cover somewhere that I think would work, you used be able to get something that plugged the holes in the back of kitchen cupboard door's. Even a VW emblem stuck on the said screw cap would look OK?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Just minor maintenance of m05 while enjoying a new bottle of bourbon…

IMG_9377.jpeg

If this how one ends up with toe out at the rear of an M-05? 🤓

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pizza Frog said:

I started building the frog.   

Good luck assembling the transmission! That's one of those setups where you'll wish that you had a third hand.

2 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

If this how one ends up with toe out at the rear of an M-05? 🤓

That's how you end up with a RWD car on a FWD chassis!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

Good luck assembling the transmission! That's one of those setups where you'll wish that you had a third hand.

Thanks it's been a long time since I built a frog and it all seems new again to me.  

My first model car was the DT02 Desert Gator. I bought it used, including electronics and battery. We both spent a lot of time outdoors and had many adventures in every season. I started with 27mhz, silvercan and NiMH and endet with 2,4ghz, Lipo and 6.5t brushless motor. The DT02 survived everything. Some time ago I decided to turn it into a proper off-road vehicle again and installed a 19t brushed motor. Now the car no longer needed the very large rear wing. Instead I put the original (= how I bought it) rear wing back on. At that moment I suddenly felt pity for the Desert Gator body. And since it hasn't been available for a long time, I decided to partially renovate the one I have. I wanted to at least get rid of this blue color that I never liked. Finally I treated some cracks with tape. Voilà! 

174.jpg

PXL_20231108_161720087.jpg

PXL_20231108_205441746.jpg

PXL_20231108_213903451.jpg

PXL_20231109_152850034.jpg

PXL_20231109_153149006.jpg

PXL_20231109_153210561.jpg

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, chris.alex said:

My first model car was the DT02 Desert Gator.  

The original bodies are really hard to find now, but should you ever want to do a refresh I can recommend the Team Blue Groove (TBG) body and wing set, together with the stickers from MCi. I just finished painting mine, I need to get around to doing the stickers!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

The original bodies are really hard to find now, but should you ever want to do a refresh I can recommend the Team Blue Groove (TBG) body and wing set, together with the stickers from MCi. I just finished painting mine, I need to get around to doing the stickers!

Thank you for pointing out TBG. Good to know that the body is still available. But I think the price including import taxes and fees (approx 50 €) is too high for me at the moment.

For me, took my 1:1 STI out for a nice weekend relaxing drive.   It was pretty chilly at about -3C.  No issue with traction or anything like that with AWD running fresh DWS06+.  I had a great time.  

This afternoon I'm mostly going to relax and drive my Mini-Z's in the pretend pylon test course, perhaps brainstorm a few accessories I want to make for Collin's shop, including an oversized JJ WC plaque..  I need to find some thicker scrap polycarbonate material..  I also probably need to make a taller eisel for the poster I made yesterday as it is a bit too short while on display.  The one I made can be used on other posters so it is fine.

Here's an example of the "posters" I did for reference. It's using styrene frame I made and decals included in the kit.

IMG_2023-3-13-183956.jpg.8ef87d545c4447829ab94bc7753e0e6c.jpg

IMG_2023-3-13-183930.thumb.jpg.ff8085059bb08786adb001a95c9c3e5f.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The tiny posters look lovely @Willy iine  it is a great idea for those cute tiny caricature stickers :wub: I couldn't resist placing one on the wing of my Mid, but that's a far better use for them.

As for me, I had to drive my wife to some sort of fitness center/mall that has an old tennis court behind it, so I though I'd take advantage of the moment for one last onroad run before the snow covers it all once again (any minute now...). It's cold today so the court was going to be empty for sure. I brought the Lancia Delta with me. Pefect chance to try out the new on road tires that I got -mostly for the scale looks- and to verify that the mud flaps I made could function properly when running the car.

The old court was cool, I reckon it would make an optimal playground for any postal racing track.

20231111-123751.jpg

These the new tires, the lighting sucks today so upside down was the only way to show the thread. It does enhance the scale looks by a lot, but for light offroad I will stick to the OG rally block tires.

20231111-114336.jpg

20231111-114414.jpg

The mud flaps do their job as they should and all the scratch built parts (antenna, exhaust, wipers...) were undisturbed by the run, pretty pleased with that. Despite being only on mighty silver can power, the car was very fulfilling to behold while on the move, because of those scale looks... I could have driven one more pack, bit my fingers were freezing.

20231111-123901.jpg

Screenshot-20231111-124656-Video-Player.

20231111-115430.jpg

20231111-115525.jpg

Team Lancia Martini sure was happy to get off the shelf and see some action, it had been a while 20231111-120419.jpg

Walked by some fancy dealerships on my way back to the car, got me thinking...

...Merceded Benz is AMG... but Lancia is just OMG 😆20231111-121614.jpg

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, Ferruz said:

20231111-120419.jpg

😆

Team Lancia Martini have their full winter gear on. They'd be fine in the snow! 

• Like 2