Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

They look pretty good in Caterham livery with metallic green paint. 

That sounds cool. 
I wonder if a black and gold livery might work? 
I fear my biggest barrier to getting this car finished will be my indecisiveness.

6 hours ago, Nick-W said:

That sounds cool. 
I wonder if a black and gold livery might work? 
I fear my biggest barrier to getting this car finished will be my indecisiveness.

When I built my F104 I didn't know what I was doing so took the safe route and did box art.  :D    If I had space to drive these things I would do a red one and green, I think.. but not sure how they're supposed to look honestly.  My one unit represents the category in my pretencRC shop, and I'm pleased how it turned out.   GL with your build!

IMG_2023-08-09-155547.jpg.127361c9220a957d389a158df8a7c0e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A small amount on the XV-01, very likely to do a bit more tomorrow.

Found some spares to sell on eBay and some bits that might be useful for TC members.

It looks like @lupogtiboyis rehoming my TT-01 as well. 

So overall a low level RC day, but none the less a decent one.

Also managed not to buy anything RC related today - which is a Billy Bonus 👌

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

A small amount on the XV-01, very likely to do a bit more tomorrow.

Found some spares to sell on eBay and some bits that might be useful for TC members.

It looks like @lupogtiboyis rehoming my TT-01 as well. 

So overall a low level RC day, but none the less a decent one.

Also managed not to buy anything RC related today - which is a Billy Bonus 👌

Ignore the last bit of waffle - just spent £20 on some XV parts 😂

D6-E75-A02-B142-4-FA3-9061-808-A28-B4227

• Haha 5

@Grumpy pants  Haha! :D       You know it's funny how I too buy belts all the time as spare parts for my 4WD cars and not once had I needed to replace one.. even on my touring cars I raced with back in the day.   But even for my latest  XM1S I ended up buying a few.  :lol:   I don't know what it is.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

@Grumpy pants  Haha! :D       You know it's funny how I too buy belts all the time as spare parts for my 4WD cars and not once had I needed to replace one.. even on my touring cars I raced with back in the day.   But even for my latest  XM1S I ended up buying a few.  :lol:   I don't know what it is.

I’ve got spares too. I guess it feels like a bit that will snap so you want to be prepared. I’m eternally scarred by my 1:1 cam belt going! 

• Like 2

Had an unusually warm day for November today so me and my daughter hit the park after she got home from school. Got some shots of the Thundershot. The difference from my earlier pics? My daughter was driving and doing quite well. It certainly made it easier to shoot with both hands rather than trying to drive one-handed. She slid into the grass at one point which unfortunately was enough to pull the front arm out of its inner pivot pin again. This latest batch of re-res seem prone to that. I must come up with a reinforcing solution or hunt down older arms.

TS3 20231117_160316 TS2

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

She slid into the grass at one point which unfortunately was enough to pull the front arm out of its inner pivot pin again. This latest batch of re-res seem prone to that. I must come up with a reinforcing solution or hunt down older arms.

TS3 20231117_160316 TS2

Maybe some sort of glue would help? Just drip a tiny bit of runny glue in the hole. I've done that for worn out holes (thank you self tappers).

It sounds like the molds are getting tired.

• Like 2

Did some work on my rally TT-02 this morning, and I kicked up some more leafs in the Slash. I might be the only person who knows how to drive the HCG chassis.

20231117_161743.jpg

• Like 7

Well, I worked on the body for my BBX. Cutting out, trimming, cutting off two bits on the nose of the main body that weren't supposed to be. Actually I cut one of those pieces off, checked the manual, realized I'd cocked up, cut the other off to match. It may as well match eh?
Oh, and there are bits on one of the side pods that I didn't cut off, that are now painted, so I'll have to be careful cutting those out.

Why do I like this hobby again?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

I do wish the BBX body was pre-cut, I can't imagine anyone would be upset about that! Even if they left the larger pieces "attached" and just pre-cut the awkward bits. Back in the day Tamiya would pre-cut the wheel arches but leave the rest of the body alone. Why Tamiya, why?

(I mean, it's obviously to do with cost, but still)

• Like 2

Spent part of the morning contemplating a Rising Fighter build and how much I comparatively enjoy the DT-01 steering setup, sloppy as that might be. Weird, steep linkage angles, no space for the servo and the tyres when setup looks like a Lunch Box gone crazy.

Perhaps I should just give up the idea of building a Grasshopper, if this thing is that bad?

'*goes off in search of more coffee*

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

I do wish the BBX body was pre-cut, I can't imagine anyone would be upset about that! Even if they left the larger pieces "attached" and just pre-cut the awkward bits. Back in the day Tamiya would pre-cut the wheel arches but leave the rest of the body alone. Why Tamiya, why?

(I mean, it's obviously to do with cost, but still)

That and the decals. I forged on and got it all finished. It looks good from far.....

• Like 1

It looks like a normal gearbox of a King Cab chassis…

img_95047le5l.jpeg

…but there is a bigger difference on the left side:

img_9510tpiqb.jpeg

After the TRF201 transmission conversion in 2022 could this be the „BBX transmission conversion“ (with BBX slipper clutch) in 2024 😁

Not finished, but the detail design phase started.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Nick-W said:

Definitely worth the trip to Stevenage to pick this up. 

IMG_5600.jpeg

Most definitely! 😁

• Like 1

Cold.. but had to go to a track and run my mini… short session because my hands were freezing.. but it was worth it

IMG_9442.jpeg

IMG_9441.jpeg

• Like 11

18 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Well, I worked on the body for my BBX. Cutting out, trimming, cutting off two bits on the nose of the main body that weren't supposed to be. Actually I cut one of those pieces off, checked the manual, realized I'd cocked up, cut the other off to match. It may as well match eh?
Oh, and there are bits on one of the side pods that I didn't cut off, that are now painted, so I'll have to be careful cutting those out.

Sorry to hear.. sounds like my $100+ mistake with the JJ WC body that I fixed the other week. :lol:   

If the hobby was easy then appreciation would be much smaller, so I suppose we are in it for the glory.  B) Hang in there!  

For me, drove my STI this morning, enjoyed the drive. . then worked with my wife (actually my wife did 99.9% of the work) to get the garage door app to work properly again as the openers started disconnecting from the cloud service randomly for some reason.  :angry:   My wife does IT for a living so she was able to figure it out after a couple of trial and error.  👍    She does all the work that takes smarts, I get to re-caulk bath tubs.. :wacko: :lol: ..actually the one I did last weekend looks pretty good..  Unlike before, I used my eyeballed with hope technologies as I do with my styrene builds and it turned out okay..  

Today, going to order a few lights to wire up on my shelf in the pretend pylon test course.  Then drive my m-chassis Beetles.  

• Like 4

Had to take my Kyosho side of my man cave out and didn’t realise how dusty they had become because of re-wiring and new consumer board and all started because of a new toaster that kept on tripping the house electric and I thought it was a faulty new toaster long and eye watering amount of money story short :unsure: new wiring and consumer board and cleaner rc buggies!

IMG_0313.jpeg

• Like 9

8 hours ago, JimBear said:

Perhaps I should just give up the idea of building a Grasshopper, if this thing is that bad?

'*goes off in search of more coffee*

A Grasshopper is basically a more primitive Rising Fighter, so similar front end setup. In top of that, you get to have fun with beadlock rims/tires that take ages to fit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drove in the dirt some more, driving in a bigger open area is making me want to experiment with brushless a bit more.

Unfortunately the front right hub on the Frog fell apart again, turns out it was missing a nut. It back together for now.

20231118_121706.jpg

20231118_115958.jpg

20231118_121714.jpg

• Like 9

Got closer to finishing up my Big Brute resto. Its almost there. I need to make up some light lenes and finish some details. A couple of the rollbar lights are missing and most importantly, one of the tires (right rear) was attacked with the strange melting disease that seems to afflict Kyosho Car Crusher rubber (particularly Big Brutes). That side can face the wall for the time being. Anyone have a spare Big Brute tire? lol. Not crazy about how the Kyosho grills fit the TBG shells but oh well.

20231118_153655

20231118_153722

• Like 9

For me, ended up spending most of the afternoon re-arranging my RC cars between the pretendRCshop and pretend pylon test course shelves.   I decided to move the MB01 Miata to the pretend pylon test course shelf along with the F104 as they are pretty small cars and can fit in small space.   I need to make room for a M06 VW Van that I purchased.. I was going to do a M08R + van body, but for the time being, Tower is being kind of silly with their 'promo' so passed them entirely and went with a M06 from another vendor.  B)   I have other M06's that drive well so I'm okay with it.

I also moved my Mini-Z's to the pretend pylon test course shelf and made room for the MID WC Worlds Spec (peppermint MID) that is supposed to ship maybe Dec if lucky.   

Next step, I'm going to make wall hangers for my Mini-Z buggies and fixed height jack stands for the GF01/WR02's.   I need to make like 7 sets for the GF01/WR02 so it might take me a while.. :blink: :lol:

I think I'm going to go drive my Beetles in a bit.  

• Like 4