Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I also wrote a letter to Santa at the recommendation of my wife.  I am asking for the @Ferruz Madvan... well, not exactly his, but the same purple brushed version.  :D  

Good choice @Willy iine :ph34r:👌  just can't go wrong with it, you're going to love it!

I find the brushed version plenty fast. The brushless one must be extra giggles for sure, but that also means more danger for that gorgeous shell which trust me, you will not ever want to scratch :lol:  so brushed is probably the sweet spot if you care about preserving it.

About the color, I admit that at first I was more drawn towards the brown one, but my wife commanded the purple one since it's hee favourite color. Since then it has grown on me so much, I would never ever swap it for a brown one. She was right! 

That being said, I think the red one like @Re-Bugged's one is also gorgeous, and I've seen some pics of the lime green body online and that also is simply :wub:

As for me, I pulled the trigger on an earlier xmas gift for my wife. We are having a bit of a hard time lately going through some life stuff, and she's been feeling the blow for sure. She's been wanting a new Xbox entertaining system for a long time, basically since I met her. There's always plenty of reasons to hold back on the purchase, but I decided they didn't hold water anymore. What's a few hundred dollars after all, if it makes one feel happy, relaxed and entertained for such a long time? Go to the grocery store twice and I'll end up having spent more than that (ok, on essentials that is 😅, but you know my point). 

So long story short, I brought her to the store and bought the new console and the game she wanted. Super happy to see her happy. But why am I mentioning this here? Because I realized that, due to the butterfly effect, this could result in a C11 under the xmas tree :ph34r:

So off on a tangent I go..how does Leyton House livery sound? 🤔😉

• Like 6

Drove the TT02R for a bit, I have to say that if you ever consider hopping up a TT-02, start with one of these.

20231203_125457.jpg

• Like 6

@Ferruz Sounds great that you got your wife the xBox and the software she wanted.  👍    I got my wife a HarryPotter game she wanted for her Switch the other week and she's been playing it every second she has.  :lol: haha.   Games have so much cost performance it's great.

As for the MadVan, ever since seeing the purple one I've been thinking about getting one, and after seeing yours it was like dang...  :D  I'm also going to do the tire lettering because it just looks fantastic how you have it.  And yeah, I'm okay with the G14L (I think that's the motor the car comes with) as you said, it is plenty fast for me too.. I run that motor on my Beetles and Scorpions, Hakosuka GT-R, 240Z and it's like a perfect speed for GT driving.    I don't plan on doing any crazy flips or anything like that anyway.  

For me, after I got the Lego locomotive running with the app and doing a few trial and errors to see what I can do about the video stability, I decided that the rails themselves need to be replaced.  They are warped vertically (intentionally I presume to make the rail cars more entertaining to watch) and that is just not going to work for my application.   I placed order for an aluminum 100 inch cutting guide (splits at 50 inches so that I can easily stow it away after use) and hard foam weather stripping to use as rails.  My goal is to do rolling clips of my cars so I really just need a straight super smooth rail.  The weather stripping will soften up the ride.  Hope to trial this setup in the next day or so.

• Like 2

I took out the Manta Ray as planned today, but lo! It's that time of the year again, heavy snowfall, so I went to a spot where I could do some drifting and snowblasting. Car drives great, too bad the battered NiMhs I had on me were no match for the power hungry bluebottle. After 5 minutes or so they get some very noticeable power loss at full speed.  Fortunately it doesn't happen with my other cars, as their system is not as draining on the batts.

It's always fun the first time of the year driving on snow ☺🤪

20231203-153919.jpg

20231203-184546.jpg

Screenshot-20231203-153840-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20231203-153808-Video-Player.

20231203-184252.jpg

• Like 14

crazy cool YT vid i came across. someone 3d printed a snowblower and put it in an RC truck. cleared the decking pretty well for its size.

• Like 1

MB01 and TT02SR were also out in the cold. Both cars are a lot of fun. Had the impression the TT02SR could also be driven well with a slightly larger pinion, 26t instead of the current 25t.  Only the frosty temperatures were a bit annoying. 

PXL_20231201_143906641_1.jpg

2023-12-03T14_35_43.828220.jpg

2023-12-02T01_38_31.171963.jpg

2023-12-02T01_42_58.006320_1.jpg

• Like 8

For me, today is RC funding day so I need to head to the office for my money making gig to generate my usual nickels and dimes.. :lol:   I will not have much time to do any RC besides relaxing in my pretend_RC_shop and driving my Mini-Z's in my pretend pylon test course.  

I'm thinking about opening the M06 VW Bus box today to see what's inside..  maybe start the car later in the week.  Since I don't know how the body mounts to the chassis, I'm thinking about building the chassis first so that everything fits properly (including making sure the tires do not rub the wheel arches).  I will be lowering the ride height considerably for a nice flush lowered look.   B)

I'm thinking black/white/red-orange?

• Like 4

I tried to make a Ferrari body out of a bittydesign body with a tamiya Ferrari F60 decal set. (The front and rear wing wil be replaced before i wil drive it).

WhatsApp Image 2023-12-04 at 15.08.59.jpeg

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ghostpig said:

Finished building Yokomo GT300. Nice, easy and fast build.

20231204_214757.jpg

How is that in terms of quality/ performance compared to Tamiya equivalent?

Dog does not like these confounded RC cars. At least this one isn't moving or making that fan noise, so it is not deemed to pose a clear and present danger warranting being barked it, however it most certainly does need to be looked at sideways. 

20231204_201329

For me, on my wideneded BBX I adjusted up the slipper and diff and glued these new tyres, so it should be ready for a run tomorrow, weather and work permitting. I also velcroed and screwed the shell on properly, having let the paint cure for a couple of weeks. Dual block tyres, C front, K rear. The C compound is like sticky concentrated jelly. Yummy! 

20231204_201442

Also glued some dirt tyres on white wheels.

On Super Falcon I replaced all its turnbuckles because before I just had wrong length placeholders with old ends on. There is now really no slop to worry about on this previously outrageously sloppy steering (fixed not just by this, the previously added M-05 hop up parts with bearing pivots made a big difference) , and my steering arrangement is totally free of bump steer and I think OK on Ackermann. And it's got six matching blue turnbuckles. A thing never before seen in this house. It could even receive some matching wheel nuts. 

20231204_192927

I'm really pleased with the hard turnbuckles with square spanner flats with rounds either side to keep the tool on - they're a million times easier to operate. 

Edit: and on that first pic you might notice a BBX back panel out of waste lexan. Idea shamelessly nicked from @joeling's lovely cars.

• Like 16

If you ask me "What RC should I buy for my dog to chase?", I can't give an answer (okay I can, try a frisbee), but I can tell you what RC to buy for a cat to chase 

20231204_145722.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

I stretched my MF01X out to 189mm and did some sanding of the Tamtech  body for it. Final adjustment will happen when I put it on 50mm CVAs.

Next is to pull the front wheels inward on some 4mm hexes,  and to push the rear out on 6mm. 

20231204_222133.jpg

• Like 4

Started paintings the driver for my BBX build, my first ever driver. 

It's taking a long while, having to do a few coats and waiting for sections to dry before doing the adjacent bit. Even so, there's been a bit of bleed. 

• Like 1

I opened the M06 Bus box and was surprised how huge the loaf of bread of a body the thing is.  :lol:  WTFunny..  It's like a full 1:10 touring car size..  kind of a yikes, but I'll make sure to build it to my liking with hope.. :ph34r: 

Got home after work, relaxed in my pretend_RC_shop Akira Design corner..  what a nice relaxing place to be.  :wub:

Work mentioned they're going to need me at the office 4 out of 5 days a week soon.. (right now 2 days a week which is already a stretch for me as I don't like being around people in general.. I am not socially awkward by any means, actually appear the opposite but it's all acting).  honne to tatemae  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sogogi said:

How is that in terms of quality/ performance compared to Tamiya equivalent?

I have no experience with Tamiya kits nor diving this. But the quality of parts and fitment is excellent. I have built Xray F1 kit and some Kyoshos and this Yokomo is on par with them.

• Like 2

Direct Drives are cool!  B)    What body would you run on it @Ghostpig?

I use to have a AE touring car pan car back in the day which easily kept up with mod-class touring cars.. actually was lapping some of them on carpet.  :D   they couldn't believe I was only running a 27 turn and drove over 10min no problem with a 2000  NiCd.   I had an NSX body on mine, very low and wide. 

For me,  I received  the 100 inch aluminum cutting guide late last night, so going to try making a straight rail for my Lego locomotive.. I hope it works.. :ph34r:  the weather stripping might be a bit too soft vs the weight of the locomotive, in this case will need to consider another approach.   

If all goes well and able to get a few successful test clips, then I plan to start my M06 chassis later in the afternoon.  I need to run an errand early evening so not sure how much time I have..

48 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Direct Drives are cool!  B)    What body would you run on it @Ghostpig?

I use to have a AE touring car pan car back in the day which easily kept up with mod-class touring cars.. actually was lapping some of them on carpet.  :D   they couldn't believe I was only running a 27 turn and drove over 10min no problem with a 2000  NiCd.   I had an NSX body on mine, very low and wide. 

It came with this Subaru Legacy B4 GT body. I have never driven these and not sure when I can if I can. Might try it in a parking lot though. But these look kinda cool. I have another one coming, Kawada M300 GT2.

https://www.rcjaz.co.nz/images/yokomo/rc_car_kit/on_road_chassis/b_YOKGT3-B4.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostpig said:

It came with this Subaru Legacy B4 GT body. I have never driven these and not sure when I can if I can. Might try it in a parking lot though. But these look kinda cool. I have another one coming, Kawada M300 GT2.

https://www.rcjaz.co.nz/images/yokomo/rc_car_kit/on_road_chassis/b_YOKGT3-B4.jpg

Cool!  That looks like a body appropriate for a pan car.  👍

Not the nearest,, but quite pleased how he turned out for my first driver.

The little guy will be hidden anyway. 

Compress_20231205_150412_2711~2.jpg

• Like 12

@Elbowloh - it looks really nice. For some reason, to me it looks more like a "she" than a "he" - not sure why.

21 hours ago, JimBear said:

@Elbowloh - it looks really nice. For some reason, to me it looks more like a "she" than a "he" - not sure why.

Posting while drinking?   ;) 

For me yesterday was a bit of a no-progress a bit disappointing day as I was not able to get my iPhone clips to stabilize as my goals were using the home made rails.  (clips and photos in my Stories on instagram).  Also in summary, my dentist told me I am falling apart after my routine exam.. so I told her tell me something I don't know.  :lol:   

Anyway, I ordered some aluminum t-bar rails and will see if I can get better results using that in addition to a new iPhone15 Pro.  Yes, my younger son told my wife that his iPhone is so old it will no longer take the latest iOS updates.. so going to give him my iPhone12 mini  and get a new one for myself soon.  👍

I need to head to the office again today for my money making gig to gather my nickels and dimes..  I was not able to start the M06 yesterday due to taking too long to trial and error the rails, so maybe tonight if I'm up for it, will get a few steps in.