Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The ultrasonic cleaner got a lot of grime from the Mugen Seiki's shock parts, I polished the shock rods as they had some putting, so those can be re-assembled.

The replacement pulley bracket for the 3D printer failed to print because the broken bracket failed completely halfway into the print.

Luckily, I have a cunning plan to combine part of the failed print with a part of the old pulley, a combination that which will hopefully hold long enough to complete print the new bracket. 

• Like 2

Weathers pants so….

Finished decalling the TA04. Its not very good. Say no more. 

Z9b8s9N.jpeg

Added new wheels & tyres to my 934 45th Anniversary

SyLLoTi.jpeg

Added a Black ESC to the box for the Egress Black, for the day it gets built. Maybe. I also have a Savox Black Edition Servo for it

RmZ7cRA.jpeg

Sorted the shelving out for the Tamiya’s plus the imposter RC10CC. I love how Gran Turismo the bottom shelf looks :) its genuinely becoming dream stations for me  

nQTmm1u.jpeg

Added some Sledgehammers to my Maxx. Now for me the Maxx is probably the best “one garage RC”. It does everything. Mine gets plenty of use as you can see by the state of it. This has an obscene amount of upgrades, but its the original. The new one has a longer wheelbase, so Im probably going to make converting it my next project, not cheap but hey. I now have the V2 wheels & Tyres soo…..

Ax3B3G0.jpeg

On my last run, I ripped an Arrma Tyre. Second time Ive done this so I bit the bullet and bought Sledgehammers.

2V4mx8B.jpeg

Arrma Tough baby…..

nJYsFgu.jpeg

New Tyres make an RC

wfWrb6j.jpeg

I think the Maxx is so good, I own two of them….

N1B5xSa.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@Kol__as I said in your build thread, you’re EVO is a thing of beauty. Just so good.

@Nikko85 great work as always. What a lovely project.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Yoshimitsu said:

Finished this today.

53438179161_fb36e1e6ae_k.jpg

53438312578_c9f9857f7e_k.jpg

53438179176_5e59f41abd_k.jpg

Fantastic Yoshi!👏🙌 The thing couldn't get any more 90's if it tried!😎😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Finally finished this, a year and a bit after think about it.

FnSdvpi.jpeg

How did I miss this earlier? This is so cool mate, it's got a bit of the Lil' Mule about it, know what I mean?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Ah I see, yeah I have a similar stash of parts in my build box, as does @Misterp180 I believe👍😎

I have the Tamiya big bores in my Dyna Storm and they are amazing. That said, I do rate Tamiya CVA's in general, I think they're great for what they are!👍

My DB01 build has a lot of lovely parts for it! I think I am getting close to being done though as things are getting harder and harder to find. You watch Tamiya do another run as we start to build @Kol__

• Haha 1

For me, finished wiring up new soft white LED's on my Kyosho Hakosuka GT-R.  It was a bit tricky as I did not remove the harness (car had Kyosho's LED's which are white) to do the swap because I am lazy.  :lol:  I just cut the wires while still on the body and soldered on new LED's.  Turned out great.  Looks era appropriate too now that it has a yellowish hue.  B)  Please check out my Stories on instagram if interested.

Then modified my LEGO camera locomotive to house my Hero11 vertically to better match instagram aspect ratio.  I did a coupe of trials and they appear to be okay.. using 4K 30fps and auto-boosted stabilization.   I think the camera is struggling to find the focus target as the background is very close to the car, but focus isn't too bad.   👍    I'm going to do some practice edits later.  I drove the Hakosuka GT-R a little bit in my pretend pylon test course.  Had a fun time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Out of curiosity, which do you prefer, driving wise, the TD4  or the DB01?

Oooh that’s a very interesting question? But I think for pure smoothness I would have to say the DB01 the belt system together with the excellent centre of gravity make it handle as good as any modern day buggy I have had the cat L2 evo and with my hand on heart handling wise very little in it! The cat pips it because of its lightness and it’s been designed ground up for brushless the DB01 is noticeably heavier!. The avante has a few issues most noticeable the shaft driven transmission and weak chassis that flexes a bit to much which hinders the steering even with alloy servo mounts the flex is still there! And although not drive related you can’t ignore the annoying battery compartment:unsure: but still a very good performer:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Weathers pants so….

Finished decalling the TA04. Its not very good. Say no more. 

Z9b8s9N.jpeg

Added new wheels & tyres to my 934 45th Anniversary

SyLLoTi.jpeg

Added a Black ESC to the box for the Egress Black, for the day it gets built. Maybe. I also have a Savox Black Edition Servo for it

RmZ7cRA.jpeg

Sorted the shelving out for the Tamiya’s plus the imposter RC10CC. I love how Gran Turismo the bottom shelf looks :) its genuinely becoming dream stations for me  

nQTmm1u.jpeg

Added some Sledgehammers to my Maxx. Now for me the Maxx is probably the best “one garage RC”. It does everything. Mine gets plenty of use as you can see by the state of it. This has an obscene amount of upgrades, but its the original. The new one has a longer wheelbase, so Im probably going to make converting it my next project, not cheap but hey. I now have the V2 wheels & Tyres soo…..

Ax3B3G0.jpeg

On my last run, I ripped an Arrma Tyre. Second time Ive done this so I bit the bullet and bought Sledgehammers.

2V4mx8B.jpeg

Arrma Tough baby…..

nJYsFgu.jpeg

New Tyres make an RC

wfWrb6j.jpeg

I think the Maxx is so good, I own two of them….

N1B5xSa.jpeg

Just love a maxx I can definitely understand why you have two of them;) I’ve put mine away for the winter months (don’t do winter) but I’m already missing it:( but I think when I get it back out it’ll be like I’ve just bought a new truck got the rustler at the same time! Both are totally awesome both are stock apart from the wheelie bar wheels probably get a few hop-ups this summer 

IMG_0190.jpeg

IMG_0212.jpeg

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, moffman said:

But I think for pure smoothness I would have to say the DB01 the belt system together with the excellent centre of gravity make it handle as good as any modern day buggy

Thanks for the opinion. I see cheapish DB01s around on Evilbay and think about them. I don't know how spares would be as the TD4 is a fresh platform and the DB01 has been around for awhile.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Thanks for the opinion. I see cheapish DB01s around on Evilbay and think about them. I don't know how spares would be as the TD4 is a fresh platform and the DB01 has been around for awhile.

Well if it’s any help I bought my db01 this year (sorry last year) and managed to get parts from my LHS and I asked that question aswell and according to him the parts were readily available and quite a few parts are off other tamiya buggies and weirdly the Durga is still available in the far east!

• Like 1

Mostly did wheelies today while on holiday 😁

IMG_6404.jpeg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Saito2 said:

In the same boat. I really like to try db01 but if parts are hard to get…. I wouldnt be able to enjoy them.

15 hours ago, GeeWings said:

@Kol__as I said in your build thread, you’re EVO is a thing of beauty. Just so good.

@Nikko85 great work as always. What a lovely project.

Thanks - it's a conversion I've been wanting to do for ages but never had the time or right parts.

I will look in into that Mario car. I have a Mardave missing a body that could also make a great donor chassis for a go-kart conversion as another option. although the brushless videos of the Carerra ones do look good too. I'm more of a Sonic fan however! 

For me today.. need to head to the office for my money making gig to fund my pretend_RC_shop as it has no revenue.. :ph34r:

I think I'm going to clean Willy, Paul, and Colin's shops before heading out.   👍    Maybe drive my M06 Beetle when I get home.  I need to rest my eyes a little as my right eye turned a bit red most-likely from staring at my iPad too long to do the video edits.  When I press on my eye I can feel a bit of pain so probably just falling apart like the rest of my body.  :lol:

Tomorrow I am WFH so will have more time to take video clips to do practice edits.  I immediately found several areas I need to work on yesterday so will do another couple of practice runs before posting what I am trying to achieve.  I need to make a check list of what angles to capture on video and do 2-3 takes each.  This gives me greater flexibility at the end.  

• Like 1

Working today, but found time to cut the body mount posts on my M05 pro Golf Mk2. Much better now.

• Like 3

On 1/1/2024 at 4:24 PM, Ferruz said:

Very clever and good mods @IXLR8 👍and much needed I agree, a 993 body is something to treasure and treat right! Hands down the best looking of all the 911 family in my opinion.

As for me, I had a particularly pleasurable run with the Mad Van. I took it to the luge slides, which is a very broad area so it must have been the change of environment... but it was so soothing to see it glide and jump through the hills and bumps. And boy this rig can jump!! By now I got quite a bit of airtime, but luckily the body is still in pristine conditions. Sometimes when the truck is mid air I cringe, this body is too nice to be ruined but also too nice not to run it! That's why my original plan of using another body to preserve the OG got ditched... better to take some educated risks and enjoy the car to the fullest.

20240101-175331.jpg

20240101-175532.jpg

Screenshot-20240101-145340-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240101-174741-Video-Player.

Some country farmhouse racing vibes with those hay bales 🤠

20240101-175359.jpg

Screenshot-20240101-175034-Video-Player.

20240101-175427.jpg

I definitely recognize that park! I do miss the Canadian winter now :D

• Haha 1

A few days ago, but painted the Tomahawk driver.

52B2E530-684A-4F93-B299-3758F337239B.jpeg

• Like 8

More Mugen Seiki electric conversion. It makes a so much easier car compared to nitro, just pop a lipo in and go!

Trail fit of the strengthener bar, its needs a small adjustment and the front stiffner plate needs to be adapted. But overall, looking good.

rFQN6b5.jpg

This gave me the oppertunity to make a small test drive with all electronics installed. It was fun to drive, seems very nippy on full throttle and a 2S shorty LIPO but there is room for 3S. So I need to finish it and take it outside when weather permits.

Looking good with its original Calvin and Hobbs body and new allow wheels. Still one of my best paints.

hN1Gm8Q.jpg

NNgc1Zz.jpg

I have started a new body back in the days, it just needs its final color which I want to do in a deep metallic yellow. And I want lights, oh well someday....

• Like 11

@Ray_ve love that Diablo VT body!! It's the most '90s thing I've seen in 2024 so far 😁 looks good indeed and pretty unique, you don't see many RC Diablos out there.

Yesterday I took out the Delta Integrale for a parking lot run, since we're still free from snow.

20240102-182329.jpg

Screenshot-20240102-181313-Video-Player.

Been a bit silent about my C11 build. I am loving it, especially for the absolute novelty factor (to me), but it's now stalled because those dang bearings didn't show up yet, along with HT servo saver and front springs. Not to mention the decals, with their off the hook crazy shipping from around the corner 😑  when these little annoyances get sorted I'll blab more about it, and maybe just do the build thread. For now, I will start tackling the body :rolleyes:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

Looking good with its original Calvin and Hobbs body and new allow wheels. Still one of my best paints.

hN1Gm8Q.jpg

NNgc1Zz.jpg

Interesting choice with a Calvin and Hobbs paint job!

On my end...whoever designed this "canal" to prevent me from using my electronics of choice...you're despicable.

20240103_145256.jpg

• Haha 2

Started on this project, a way to use up spares. It's a Tamiya Beetle QD/ GF01TR body on mardave Mini chassis, extended to 195 mm.

It's pretty small, but almost true 1/12 scale.

j7dzecg.jpeg

Plan is to use a 2S Li-ion with a 35T motor. Wheelbase and width work surprisingly well. I need to add a body mount and electronics but otherwise mostly done!

• Like 5

@Nikko85  Oooo~ nice Beetle.  Are those foam tires?   

The more I need to probably think about doing the street version Sand Scorcher I've put off..:ph34r:   Considering my touring cars can drive  fine on my joke of a tiny pylon test track, I may be able to finish it and actually enjoy driving the car..  the chassis will most-like be a HPI Pro.. yes, the dual deck CF chassis by Ito-san/Kogawa-san from the mid-90's. 

For me today, I got home and saw that my LeMans 240S arrived safe and sound from Japan..so I was very pleased.  Now I have all the parts to start my JJ WC Ultima #2.   B)

Where is my WC Spec MID, btw.. :wacko:   boat should have arrived by now.

• Like 2