Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@Nikko85 That's cool.  I have the large Mario Kart and modified mine as well.  It just did not turn tight enough (comparible to a MB01) so I cut up a few areas and made the thing turn.. well, it barely drives on my tight pretend pylon test course, but I just like the crazy shape of the thing.  :D  

For me, I finished the driver for my JJ WC Ultima #2 last night.  I will ream up a few holes for the side mirrors and exhaust tips.  I think I'm going to go without the roof lamps this time and just make it kind of a stealthy smooth look..well, the livery isn't stealthy at all, but you all know what I mean.   This car is going to look good, I hope.. :ph34r:    Then going to start the chassis build.

As for the toy for myself, I got a new Tamiya Beetle body (for M06) and Billly.   I should be getting the Beetle M06 from Japan later this week.. I'm going to paint this one bright yellow.  :D    

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Congrats mate!!!🥳🥳🥳Pink or blue?🩷🩵

Third baby, and pink after two blue! 🩵🩵🩷

(the first two were Tamiya blue of course)

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3D printer was really fighting me today.

Printed a new part for a printer belt tensioner first, as this was still on the to do list. That went well.

Mounted the part, all looked good. But when I wanted to print a new strengthener plate for the Mugen Seiki the printer's Z axis did not calibrate. I knocked loose a Z stop switch wire, so had to get the soldering iron.

Also had the problem that when adjusting setting on the printer, it would constantly reset itself. Finally tracked that down to the controls housing pinching the little reset switch that was out of sight on the bottom.

So, after an hour's work, it's finally happily printing again. Just one of those days... :lol:

• Like 2

@Pylon80 Oh geez, I thought on your earlier post you were referring your new baby to your car!  :lol:   Silly me. 

Congrats!!  👍

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Ah I see, our third (if we have one) being a girl is my wife's dream!😆

6 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Watch out, I've heard there's a bit of a crack down on baby anodising these days😉

• Haha 1

So I decided I did not want to settle for C- and removed all the caulking I did from 2 days ago and now waiting for caulk to arrive today for tomorrow's rematch.  :angry:   If I get a grade below B it will be removed again.  :angry:  .. until A.   Wish me hope.. :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Wishing you all the hope needed for the re-caulking @Willy iine 😁

And about that... I bit my tongue before as I didn't wanna start things or derail off topic too much 😅, but when I read that you use a tube, I felt like advising you to think of a caulking gun + cartridge instead... you may think it adds variables, which to some extent is true, but really if you take the time to practice on some mock surfaces you'll likely get the hang of it soon, and then it'll be so much easier to get what you want it terms of flow, extrusion and everything, it's just so much more control overall leading to a better finish. It's basically one of those cases of grabbing the bull by the horns... you'll be able to master it with a bit of  practice 🙂 that being said, I totally understand if you want to stick to what's more comfortable for you.  But these are my two cents ( I wouldn't call myself a professional caulker, but caulking at a pro level is what I must often do as part of my job so, to some extent... :ph34r:😅)

EDIT: don't forget a good set of spatulas! The finger always works, but not to the standards you are used to.

@Pylon80 Congratulations for the new baby!!!! 😀👍👍 woohooo!! 🎉🎊🔧

As for me, I finally started my blabber-heavy Mercedes C11 Kenwood build thread 

20240106-121936.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

In other news, I went for a quick but enjoyable snow splash with the Mad Van today. Snow too fluffy right now for big moves, but if it drops just a few degrees it will get crusty on top and that's when the take off and flying happens... so crossing fingers, and tires for next days🚀

Screenshot-20240114-190946-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240114-191137-Video-Player.

20240114-191202.jpg

• Like 13

I was planning on buying an M chassis car today, never had one but would like to try one out, and somehow I ended up ordering more than an M cars worth of XV01 upgrades :blink:. I was planning on keeping the XV stock, don’t think I’ve actually even ran it yet, but I guess now it’s getting hop ups and my original plan worked about as well as all my other ones :lol:.

• Haha 7

Next stage for shelving.

Top shelf for unbuilt, built and RTR that fit in their boxes.

N4z8OiW.jpeg

Next from top layer layer down:

1. The monster trucks. MST MTX-1 and Lunchbox.

2. The crawlers. Carisma SCA-1E Range Rover and MF-01X Jimny.

3. The MTCs. 3R MG Evo, 3R M4 and MST TCR-M.

rPyrM6E.jpg

Still have a bit of room left for more shelves to display the unbuilt or my static stuff.

Overall view of what is done so far.

tIXCfre.jpg

• Like 13

Tidied up the motor wires on the TT02R as the 3 mile long spaghetti junction from the HW’s combo’s Stadium Blitzer days was interfering with the rear deck of Fat Fox body I intend to use on it for the time being.

I’ve been putting it off as I wasn’t sure how to reattach the wires to the motor because of the push on bullets HW G2. I then discovered that hacking out some XT60 plug bullets fitted perfectly trimmed a bit with a Dremmel to suit. 

IMG_6465.jpeg

Also dropped down from a 27t pinion to 25 to be more Postal Racing friendly. I’ve not had much love for TT’ chassis’s but being a Truck fan maybe the Fat Fox sitting on it could change that 😄

• Like 9

Very clean, @Re-Bugged!  

For me, I got a couple steps in today on my JJ WC Ultima #2.  Will get more steps in tomorrow.  :D  Photos in my Stories on Instagram if interested.  B)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Next stage for shelving.

Top shelf for unbuilt, built and RTR that fit in their boxes.

N4z8OiW.jpeg

Next from top layer layer down:

Would love to see your ff03 build soon!

Started masking up the Fiat 131 this evening.  Hope to have all the paint done tomorrow.  I decided to mask off and paint the bottom instead of using the supplied decals.  Lot of work masking though.  Probably more time then cutting out the stickers.  :wacko:

131 6.jpg

• Like 7

Phase 1 of the Fat Fox underway now the chassis is sorted 😃.

IMG_6466.md.jpeg

IMG_6468.jpeg

• Like 13

6 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Overall view of what is done so far.

tIXCfre.jpg

Looks like the space is coming together, so is it a shed or a loft space? And what's the deal with not covering the walls with plaster board? Would certainly give a much nicer finish, even unpainted, and depending on what you fit would add to the insulating properties.

2 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

is it a shed or a loft space?

It is a shed.

3 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

And what's the deal with not covering the walls with plaster board? Would certainly give a much nicer finish, even unpainted, and depending on what you fit would add to the insulating properties.

One word, cost.

8 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

It is a shed.

One word, cost.

Lol, the blunt response made me chuckle😉

Not sure if you're handy with that sort of stuff, but at approx £4.50 a square meter these days, you could probably plasterboard that space for £100 or so (can't see how big the total space is in the pics of course), along with purchasing some proper screws for the job👍

5 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

Lol, the blunt response made me chuckle😉

Not sure if you're handy with that sort of stuff, but at approx £4.50 a square meter these days, you could probably plasterboard that space for £100 or so (can't see how big the total space is in the pics of course), along with purchasing some proper screws for the job👍

It costs £100 in materials, but when it comes on a contractor's bill, it will be more like £250 - 300. Add insulation, total will be around a grand.

Another reason for not plasterboarding is I can get a little extra space for storage behind the shelves by "over hanging".

• Like 2

We don't get much snow here but when it does snow.....

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-15 at 12.43.18.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-15 at 12.40.18 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-15 at 12.40.18 (1).jpeg

• Like 15

@Kol__ Yeah, at my old place where my 2 car garage was kind of small (for American standards), I intentionally left the walls unfinished (the builder gave me a choice since it was a brand new home at the time).  I could use the space between the studs as storage.  I owned 2 door coupes so that extra 4" between the studs gave me some additional clearance as well while opening the doors.

We get creative when things aren't available (including budget) and that's not a bad thing.  👍

Even at my current place with a much larger finished garage, I still apply the 'compactness' I learned from my previous house not to waste space.   When I went back to see my old garage (I still owned the house since it was middle of the school year for the kids and wanted them to finish their semester before the actual move) I could not believe how tiny the space was. :lol:

Speaking of houses.. I re-tackled the caulking this morning and while it's not an "A" grade work, it's a lot better and gave myself a solid "B".   I still can't relax for a few hours as I need to make absolutely sure the product does not shrink. :blink:  Wish me hope.. :ph34r:

For today, going to continue working on my JJ WC Ultima #2. 

• Like 4

I took out my QD and the Carrera Mario Kart. The QD was great. I used rubber bands on the wheels and now get many more wheelies. Always enjoy this one, I dare say I prefer it to the CW01. 

The kart was.....fast. Even on concrete it span out a lot, so I may see to getting a conversion to tamiya wheels. The front would need new hubs and axles, but I may be able to convert from something I already have. I put it at around 1/3 speed in the Tx and it was fun on that. 

WJqo7iE.jpeg

Also thought about letting a fair few in my collection go for sale. These days I like making cars, but just have so little time to drive and most of them are in the loft..

• Like 7

On 1/14/2024 at 3:08 PM, Pylon80 said:

Congratulations!

I was quite pleased to be able to make up and test fit a plastic chassis base for my 3d printed "Project X" which, subject to a couple of changes, looks like a goer. 

20240115_180722

Congratulations on the new baby @Pylon80! Enjoy those first weeks. They're very special. 

• Like 5

Today it’s back to yesterday’s figuring out what M chassis I want. I’ve been having troubles deciding what I want to go with so I’ve browsing the internet lookin at modern and vintage Ms again.... this time I ended up ordering another TC01, seems I’m not very good at the buying an M thing :blink::lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3