Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Slippery slope @Ferruz, this was a couple of years ago... I've now filled two of these cabinets and I'm pleading with my wife to let me buy another one... Which I could probably fill already :blink:

50974572131_7b3551d06f_c.jpg

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Slippery slope @Ferruz, this was a couple of years ago... I've now filled two of these cabinets and I'm pleading with my wife to let me buy another one... Which I could probably fill already :blink:

50974572131_7b3551d06f_c.jpg

I spy a Cozzeh

5 hours ago, urban warrior said:

DT-03_02.thumb.jpg.7070cd8ee9dc0d72e50d1922c1229f44.jpg

Translucent shocks, what will they think of next. Love the way that looks!

2 hours ago, Ray_ve said:

Translucent shocks, what will they think of next.

Wiring a small led into the bottom to make the shock and the shock oil glow?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, as I predicted the other day, this project just keeps going deeper down the rathole.   Plus the cash expenditure is a bit beyond the original $7 ;).   Good news is I don't have much room left to put stuff and still have room to photo cars (which was the original intention).  Still need to make a 1/10 RC plane transmitter.   The jack stands, ladder and tire rack are all made of styrene.   

Diorama 1.jpg

Diorama e.jpg

Diorama f.jpg

Diorama g.jpg

Diorama h.jpg

Diorama i.jpg

Diorama j.jpg

• Like 25

On 1/31/2024 at 8:35 PM, silvertriple said:

I can't wait to see final result :-) !

and here you go. Well, just a test print still, probably hard to see in the pic, but some of the jeep still needs to be cleaned up as well as some of the side panels. Still I am impressed with the print. Box is printed at full scale to match existing boxes. Once I have sorted out the exterior, I will make all the interior card pieces and vac formed packaged to build a "NIB" kit.

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-1.jpeg

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-2.jpeg

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-1-1.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Wiring a small led into the bottom to make the shock and the shock oil glow?  :rolleyes:

Admittedly I was thinking about doing something similar ... <_<

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, yogi-bear said:

and here you go. Well, just a test print still, probably hard to see in the pic, but some of the jeep still needs to be cleaned up as well as some of the side panels. Still I am impressed with the print. Box is printed at full scale to match existing boxes. Once I have sorted out the exterior, I will make all the interior card pieces and vac formed packaged to build a "NIB" kit.

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-1.jpeg

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-2.jpeg

Marui-Mitsubishi-Box-ver-1-1-1.jpeg

Brilliant mate

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

Well, as I predicted the other day, this project just keeps going deeper down the rathole.   Plus the cash expenditure is a bit beyond the original $7 ;).   Good news is I don't have much room left to put stuff and still have room to photo cars (which was the original intention).  Still need to make a 1/10 RC plane transmitter.   The jack stands, ladder and tire rack are all made of styrene.  

Diorama e.jpg

That's looking so cool! I guess one the best ways to give a model the right background for photos. We have some guys here in our "Taunus-Crawler-Group", who also created such cool "working sheds" to showcase their cars. All the little details in your booth are really fantastic.

Several years ago I stumbled over a Mini Grasshopper on Flybay. Quite nice done for the size. Unfortunately more 1/6 in comparison, so not suitable for a 1/10th workshop.:

grasshopper_mini_01.thumb.jpg.9a9930f879e0c9985c8478941ffb8f03.jpg

grasshopper_mini_02.thumb.jpg.64995fea858f4350339bf49fc5c63820.jpg

grasshopper_mini_03.thumb.jpg.77f55d83191beba5d43fcc723b379619.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, urban warrior said:

Several years ago I stumbled over a Mini Grasshopper on Flybay. Quite nice done for the size. Unfortunately more 1/6 in comparison, so not suitable for a 1/10th workshop.:

grasshopper_mini_02.thumb.jpg.64995fea858f4350339bf49fc5c63820.jpg

Funny you mentioned that.   Once I make a 1/10 airplane transmitter, I was thinking I need to find small models of RC cars to put in the garage. I've seen a few on here but didn't know what size they'd scale down to.  That Grasshopper is so cool.   Would love to find a Sand Scorcher that fits the scale of the garage.  HO train scale (1:87) may be close so I may take a peak there.  

1 hour ago, technics said:

Glued in exhaust tips and a oem looking gps / radio antenna.

xrjezmM.jpeg

I cannot believe how good those wheels and tyres look, one of the most scale combinations I've ever seen. Incredible work. 

• Like 1

@Joe Bo Wow thank you very much! Yes I am very happy how it is all turning out. I want to 1+ myself each build. I can gladly post you a sticker sheet if you like send me a message with your address. 

Be sure to check out the build thread if there was any details that was missed. For tires I used Tamiya #50683 M-Chassis 60D Radial Tires.

Today I realized that the 27mm length (front upper camber link) specified in the TD2 manual actually seemed to yield about a +2degree camber angle.  :blink:

SVzqrdV.jpg
6Z0gjw9.jpg

• Confused 1

Finally finished my BBX. 

Pretty much stock apart from a slipper and metal suspension balls on the front. Tamiya TBLE02S 13.5t sensored BL motor with TBLE04RS Esc. The whole thing, drivetrain and suspension, is buttery smooth. Sadly the paint is already coming off the tyre walls and the driver.

I haven't bothered with the netting, as it makes connecting the battery a real pain. I've got a couple of LEDs front and a single read, but may add more on the roof later.

1665174429_Compress_20240206_123706_62162.thumb.jpg.2daba3d04f29489e0a3d630945a2212d.jpg

• Like 17

29 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Finally finished my BBX. 

Pretty much stock apart from a slipper and metal suspension balls on the front. Tamiya TBLE02S 13.5t sensored BL motor with TBLE04RS Esc. The whole thing, drivetrain and suspension, is buttery smooth. Sadly the paint is already coming off the tyre walls and the driver.

I haven't bothered with the netting, as it makes connecting the battery a real pain. I've got a couple of LEDs front and a single read, but may add more on the roof later.

1665174429_Compress_20240206_123706_62162.thumb.jpg.2daba3d04f29489e0a3d630945a2212d.jpg

I like what you've done with the paint there. Nice alternative idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Finally finished my BBX. 

Looking really great! Well done.

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

I like what you've done with the paint there. Nice alternative idea. 

Ha, to be honest it's because I literally had the cobalt and pearl white cans brand new in my stock and I couldn't think of anything else to do with it!

I took the Pumpkin MF01x to the park. Lovely little car, especially on loose surfaces.

splDJqz.jpg

5eiF5po.jpg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

I took the Pumpkin MF01x to the park. Lovely little car, especially on loose surfaces.

5eiF5po.jpg

Oh gosh, what a sweet little one! Those white rims really pop. :)

• Thanks 1

Finally got some paint on the Egress. PS-49 with white backing, MCI decals.

egress.jpg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Room335 said:

Finally got some paint on the Egress. PS-49 with white backing, MCI decals.

egress.jpg

Thats pretty! 

• Like 1

No pics yet but I started working on my GF01 last night. Got the gearbox and front suspension done. So far I am loving the GF. 

• Like 5

I received a Top Force Evo yesterday but was too bust to open it. It was brand new but built up for a very good price. Thankfully, its all there in perfect condition! 

Truth be told Im not getting on very well with 2WD, especially my BBX, however, I've not even used my Astute 2022 so Im not going to moan about that yet, but the idea was to buy a Top Force Evo and take the electroncis out of the BBX or Astute and use the 4WD Top Force. Unfortunately, Ive fallen into Tamiya's trap. Theyre too nice to use! With my Traxxas models, I couldnt wait to get them dirty, its different with Tamiya. Hmmmm. The Top Force is no different, its beautiful, so god knows whats going to happen.

Anyway

Its a very handsome RC IMO

vdUvIuE.jpeg

Carbon Goodness!

U9ElGD7.jpeg

The Holy Trinity of ReRe's. I really need to build the Avante dont I?

Hy0Jnmc.jpeg

My Tamiya Off Roaders.

6tHIsSR.jpeg

sI3QzZ6.jpeg

So what's next? This might shock you, but Ive decided after around a year of working REALLY hard and re buying lots of Tamiya's, 30+ I believe....... Ive got too many, so this weekend Im hopefully going to put 5-10 up for sale........ I need the space truthfully 😞

'

• Like 7