Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone’s modelling and stickering skills seem to be moving up a notch lately :huh:

• Like 6

After being away from my RC stuff for a while, I picked up a stock TT01E and have it a spin. Honestly, junk shocks aside, these don't handle half bad out of the box.

20240220_155928.jpg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

I found some (I hope) at RC Hobbyland, no picture of them, just part numbers. I may have got the last ones as they say ‘out of stock’ now 😬

RC Mart still have stock, I nearly went with them initially as they had the body as well. Wheels were 6 bucks delivery but shot up to 75 with the body added 😳 so I’ll probably just go RCJaz for that instead.

Hey, thanks for that.  I'll check again and see what I find.

Actually, since the wheels I need are for running around on the parking lot, any M chassis wheels will do.  ...even used ones.

Anyway, thanks again.  :)

• Like 1

A servo and some tc01 parts showed up in the mail today. Didn’t feel like finishing the tc01 though so put those aside for another day, and put my new servo in the xv01 and made sure everything was working properly. Also started putting together another from the leftover parts. Mostly done, just waiting on my esc, brushless motor, and slipper clutch to arrive. 

IMG_2628.thumb.jpeg.6c67ff6d6d138514cd371ab265c0a3ed.jpeg

• Like 16

@ImALlama Very neat looking, dual motor. I have never seen that. Any differences are felt? Guessing it could be extra stable with that nice chonky weight in the right places.

Although, now its a touring car "open"" chassis, i can´t help but think it is no longer useable in any dirt. ( I run TRF417X carbon chassis as my first rally car, the cleanup far surpasses the runtime :D )

• Like 1

Film off and stickers on :) Quite happy with the result, had one of the window stickers on the back tear and while I got it stuck back down I can see it and it’s irritating me 😂  Also if I did again I’d cut out the Burns / Reid names and trim out all the translucent parts on the rear quarter windows, quite a few air bubble marks and the like.  Still it’s a runner so I won’t get too hot and bothered about it.

Really chuffed with the paint finish though, thanks to all for the tips earlier 👍

IMG_4542.jpeg

• Like 18

Started cleaning the TNXs differentials, and found that one diff has internal damage.

This causes a dilemma, as I told myself no more ordering this month, but Tamico has the spares and the candygreen grasshopper on sale and I need some paint supplies so........ :lol:

Edit: ordered the diff parts and missing step screws for the TNX, and paint and tires for the Mugen Seiki. Resisted the grasshopper as I have enough cars.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I had a super clod buster, then sold it. I think I’m going to get another one!

• Like 3

Added the lights, trimmed the body posts and new gold spoke rims.

Compress_20240222_115244_4797.thumb.jpg.7035259e48b5b04de9ab411b999d7585.jpg

• Like 14

Went to the track today for the first time this year. It’s been a while since I did anything RC related. Been busy with sim racing in VR and family duties :D

spacer.png

• Like 9

On 2/21/2024 at 4:22 AM, technics said:

Any differences are felt? Guessing it could be extra stable with that nice chonky weight in the right places.

Hoping to find out this weekend. Unfortunately until my parts show up I won’t be able to compare it to a stock xv01 though :( (never ran one before), somehow I’ve had this xv01 for a two or three years now and this is the first time it’s even had a battery plugged in :blink:.

On 2/21/2024 at 4:22 AM, technics said:

Although, now its a touring car "open"" chassis, i can´t help but think it is no longer useable in any dirt.

I have a local carpet track that has a rally car class I’ve been wanting to try, last week there was only two people racing, think three people the one before, so might try and see if they’ll allow it since there’s a lack of racers and technically the rules don’t say anything about dual motors :lol:. If not I’ll just have to have my fun in open practices. So far I can’t find any racing around me except SCT and buggies. Occasionally there’s drag racing or monster trucks but nothing on road and only rally I found so far is this one and a Traxxas specific class. 

• Like 2

Fiddled with the layout of the electrics in my Wild One. Had to resort to using a shorty lipo so I could fit the esc and received inside the chassis. Where I had them located before prevented the driver figure from fitting in neatly. I will update the build thread as soon as I get my head around the new upload shenanigans on Imgur...

OG91TTb.jpeg

• Like 18

Finished cleaning the TNX differential parts and drive shafts. That concludes cleaning parts with terpentine to get the old grease off. Then a few rounds of the ultrasonic cleaner for detailing.

Now to do an ultrasound clean on the rest of the plastic parts, and the screws.

Edit: rebuild the front diff with new ball bearings. Rebuild all drive shafts and managed to loose 1 of the little E clips, l thankfully found 1 in the spares box that just about fits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

Fiddled with the layout of the electrics in my Wild One. Had to resort to using a shorty lipo so I could fit the esc and received inside the chassis. Where I had them located before prevented the driver figure from fitting in neatly. I will update the build thread as soon as I get my head around the new upload shenanigans on Imgur...

OG91TTb.jpeg

Like this one very much! In fact am increasingly tempted to have a go at a BH Wild One to see what I could do with it. 

• Like 3

On 2/21/2024 at 7:56 AM, TheMidnight Pumpkin said:

A new mostly stock Clod is born.

IMG_9830.jpeg

I have found a kit breaker that has the TRx Bigfoot 1 bodies at a very good price.

I’ve been tempted.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

Like this one very much! In fact am increasingly tempted to have a go at a BH Wild One to see what I could do with it. 

This is interesting. Are you going to just leave the shorty Lipo in place then ? 

21 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

This is interesting. Are you going to just leave the shorty Lipo in place then ? 

Nope. It removes with the 2 body clips holding the black bar in place.

5 hours ago, toyolien said:

I will update the build thread as soon as I get my head around the new upload shenanigans on Imgur...

It's amazing how they managed to make a simple and intuitive process so darn terrible.  :blink:

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, bRIBEGuy said:

It's amazing how they managed to make a simple and intuitive process so darn terrible.  :blink:

Tell me about it! I'm looking for another hoster, even if i have to pay...

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dakratfink said:

I have found a kit breaker that has the TRx Bigfoot 1 bodies at a very good price.

I’ve been tempted.

There's supposed to be a 30% off sale going for brand new ones, might be cheaper than buying from a breaker.

I made some adjustments to the TL01 (what little adjustments that one can make!), hope to run in this months postal race this weekend.

20240222_161826.jpg

• Like 9

I added some bling to the Top Force Evo. I race it, and the price Plaza Japan wanted for these shocks was just too tempting to turn down.

embed?resid=F34B5BC67882BE09!217403&auth

Amusingly, those collars and bottom mounts are the only blue on the build.

• Like 12