Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Does the XV01 belong to those cars that are said to be easy to work on? No, it doesn't. I wanted to lock the rear diff to make the car more capable in rougher terrain. I had to unscrew 30 to 40 (TA02: 4) bronze colored JIS screws to get to the diff. 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

The diff, which used to be filled with #2000 oil, was almost empty. Apart from that and slight wear on the drives, I was pleased to find no damage. Most of the parts needed a thorough cleaning.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I took the opportunity to replace the buttery-soft grey wishbones with the black ones.

spacer.png

spacer.png

And I also finally fitted the rear CVDs that have been lying in a box for two years.

spacer.png

In a subsequent short drive on mixed terrain, the locked diff actually seemed to be a nice improvement.

• Like 12

What with enjoying my 1/16 Bigfoot I ordered a cheap 1/16 Team Losi MSCT body.

https://www.rccaraction.com/losi-116-mini-stronghold-sct-rtr/

I plan to make a 1/16 Bigfoot 18 using the Team Associated chassis I have (which was due to be a Pumpkin, but could really do with a lexan body). Should make for a fun modern monster truck to go with the old school one. Slightly longer wheelbase, but the same rough scale.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, chris.alex said:

spacer.png

Nice 130RS! Wish Tamiya made some Škodas, these bodies are not easy to get.

• Like 3

I did some minor detail work to the Jimny, then I did another lap around the house. It's nice mot having to worry about traffic or pebbles knocking my stuff around.

20240226_160031.jpg

• Like 15

Been bitten by the Buyee bug again.

Bought a NIB TB04 Pro II for less than £100 and also a built but, hardly used M07 chassis with spare arms, uprights, wheels, tyres and c hubs for half of what a new chassis would cost. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Been bitten by the Buyee bug again.

Bought a NIB TB04 Pro II for less than £100 and also a built but, hardly used M07 chassis with spare arms, uprights, wheels, tyres and c hubs for half of what a new chassis would cost. 

It's a virus with only one antedote: The Bailiffs!!!! 

I've moved house 3 times since joining Buyee - and they haven't caught me yet!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The gears came in that I needed to modify the TNX gearbox for electrification.

Was hoping the gears would just drop in and fit, but turned out it was not that easy.

Had to reduce the smaller gear from 20mm depth to 16.5mm depth, and cut a slot so the original locking pin can be used which made life easy.
Reduced the larger gear to 17mm, drilled new holes for the set-screws but I need an M5 thread tapping set to complete it.
But for now, the modified gear box spins as it should, so job done.

vrW8ydN.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jonboy1 said:

It's a virus with only one antedote: The Bailiffs!!!! 

I've moved house 3 times since joining Buyee - and they haven't caught me yet!!!!

It's true, I end up going on there to find something to buy rather than looking for a certain part🙄

• Like 1

owSlKnw.jpeg

Started work on the Bigfoot 18. It won't have this livery, but it will have a similar shell, either this or a 1/16 losi body. I need to sort body posts, but it should work ok. Will be a fun little runner I hope.

• Like 6

On 2/26/2024 at 9:24 PM, Honza said:

Nice 130RS! Wish Tamiya made some Škodas, these bodies are not easy to get.

Thanks! Yes that's right they are hard to find. It took me a while to get in touch with the manufacturer. The body is of lower quality than the Tamiya ones but I am happy to have it. None of the big RC brands ever had Škoda 110 R / 130 RS in their programme, as far as I know. I would also love to have a 1/10th scale Saab 99. 

• Like 1

Well today I rolled out of bed, made a muffin with peanut butter, got back in bed, played some XBox, felt like crap, farted and got sick as a dog. 

I got Covid today!!   Yippee!

Bleh.

• Sad 4

I took my little Bigfoot to the park. It went great for about 5 mins and then went fizz as the pinion worked loose on the motor shaft. I had been conservative in how far down I pushed the pinion, but now have squeezed on tight using a c clamp with some 638 compound. Nothing damaged at least.

Out in the wild I think it looks great, proper 80s RC monster truck vibes like a Big Boss or such. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it's pretty tiny.

sHjeRS2.jpeg

vpNfAn7.jpeg

When it run running it was running nicely. Even on high gear it's still quite low geared and it's not light, so it's not super speedy, but goes pretty well. I could look into Lithium Ion AA to put it to 12 volts, but that might be overkill. Oddly enough the terrible turning circle didn't really matter once outside in space to drive. 

I need to add a roll bar, I'm considering making one from aluminium bent into an u shape. 

• Like 12

I have been working away on various projects. Here is some of the decal artwork I drew up. I did many iterations and settled on sending these out to print.

The decals arrived today and I am pleased. They are a range of grey scale steps from off white to light grey. Printed on transparent vinyl in high gloss finish.

They will fit nicely on an array of civic oem+ builds. 

3KPKqMx.jpg

wKyg9Br.jpg

ii5bAUB.jpg

• Like 8

I painted and stickered up the body on my homebrew buggy and gave it a name, courtesy of @JimBear (but with thanks to the many other fine suggestions - honourable mention to @toyolien's quite marvellous "Fropper"). I give you - the Mohawk:

20240228_213121 20240228_213102 20240228_212859 20240228_213157

I think with that I will open a beer and renew my efforts to rearrange the diary and get to the next Tamiya Junkies meet.

• Like 26

Just now, BuggyDad said:

honourable mention to @toyolien's quite marvellous "Fropper"). I give you - the Mohawk:

Looks amazing. Definitely something I'd consider buying if it was ever released.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

I painted and stickered up the body on my homebrew buggy and gave it a name, courtesy of @JimBear (but with thanks to the many other fine suggestions - honourable mention to @toyolien's quite marvellous "Fropper"). I give you - the Mohawk:

20240228_212859

Hey, hats off again! - it looks very fast, even standing still. That's the essence of a "cool car" to me. :)

• Like 2

Not today but yesterday actually I took a look at my Sand Viper to see what it would need to get ready for the Tamico offroad cup. I found out these 20240228_212652.md.jpeg were the only spare hexes I owned... 

Not even 4 the same and not even 4 in good condition... 20240228_212700.md.jpeg

So a trip today to my LHS got me these:

20240228_212828.md.jpeg

but I came across these 20240228_212856.md.jpeg and 2 of these 20240228_213000.md.jpeg and couldn't resist.

A couple of weeks ago I got the last steel idler from this same LHS for my XV-01 so I was pleased to see another one in stock today and grabbed that as wel.

20240228_213036.md.jpeg

And then I came across this: 20240228_214508.md.jpeg 

knowing I already own item 53927... 20240228_213846.md.jpeg

and allthough already owning 20240228_213952.md.jpeg and 20240228_213130.md.jpeg

and this being not cheap I couldn't leave without 

20240228_214021.jpeg

20240228_214459.jpeg

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, JimBear said:

Hey, hats off again! - it looks very fast, even standing still. That's the essence of a "cool car" to me. :)

There's something about a silhouette photo isn't there? It also weirdly always seems to make the wheels bigger. 

@BuggyDad - yep, the silhouette and the lower camera angle does it, I think.

I chased my dog around the apartment with my GF01FT. He hates my TT02 but loves the FT. He barks at it while wagging his tail in a semi aggressive stance. So much fun. I also discovered that the wheelie bar in the back is functional. Full speed reverse followed by a punch of forward gets the thing up in 2 tracks and the wheelie bar. So goofy to watch but super fun. Maybe this weekend I'll get around to put some paint on it. 

• Haha 5

I rad the van man. Vad the ran bad. Fun the bun clam. Gum the rat flat. 🤯 Ran the mad van!

In the evening. 😁

20240225-173312.jpg

20240226-213150.jpg

Screenshot-20240225-173013-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240225-175741-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240225-175911-Video-Player.

20240225-180024.jpg

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

Installed the seemingly pointless hop up Blue Servo saver cap on the XV-02,

IMG_6664.jpeg

But as it unexpectedly can actually be seen through the tinted windows, well, that makes it 100% worth it 😁

IMG_6665.jpeg 

Shut up and take my money Tamiya 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

I think with that I will open a beer and renew my efforts to rearrange the diary and get to the next Tamiya Junkies meet.

Quite simply brilliant.

10 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Looks awesome! Where can I put my pre-order? :lol: