Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, toyolien said:

Looks amazing. Definitely something I'd consider buying if it was ever released.

11 hours ago, JimBear said:

Hey, hats off again! - it looks very fast, even standing still. That's the essence of a "cool car" to me. :)

1 hour ago, Elbowloh said:

Quite simply brilliant.

1 hour ago, donfilippo said:

Looks awesome! Where can I put my pre-order? :lol:

😂 and 😳

Very very kind, you lot. 

I can scarcely imagine what would be required to produce and sell a model from this point. Testing, multiple redesigns, fabrication, buying the other bits etc etc. Sheesh! 

And that's even before knowledgeable people expose all its (many) shortcomings! 

• Like 2

KeMCQVt.jpg

I took Das Auto driving for the first time in a while. The new droop block I made paid off, resulting in a tweak free car leaping straight as an arrow and the 'tail happy' issue I had been having now solved. Stoked!

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

KeMCQVt.jpg

I took Das Auto driving for the first time in a while. The new droop block I made paid off, resulting in a tweak free car leaping straight as an arrow and the 'tail happy' issue I had been having now solved. Stoked!

Man that looks so cool! Miss those courts. 

• Like 2

Nothing major, but I added a second shelf to me “large scale” shelf/bench. 

I added this space POTENTIALLY for the addition of the new Traxxas Maxx Slash, but Im not too sure now after seeing the UK RRP, regardless I now have more space even if I dont buy the Maxx Slash. 

xftsclp.jpeg

AxdQB9q.jpeg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

KeMCQVt.jpg

Are they 1/10 touring wheels? 

1 hour ago, Alex97 said:

Are they 1/10 touring wheels? 

Hi, this is a tiny 1/12 scale model on an M chassis; these are M chassis wheels.

• Like 1

Mini Coopers - I have a few Mini Cooper bodysets coming up... I want to give them a special "one off" touch to make them my own.

Making a 5th round of edits after test fitting for size and feel, here are my iterations on paper.   

I am experimenting with doing a later generation "modern" union jack to fit these 2002/06 mini cooper rear lamps. They will be printed to remain semi transparent on a transparent vinyl so we´ll see how that works out. ( First time, i have no idea how it will work! )

I will do two Mini´s -  a white roof early generation base spec look, (maybe a italian job twist) and a newer 2006 clubsport spec feel model replicating an awesome silver example i found below

s4EAYxL.jpg

H1AXa7h.jpg

NGLwtr5.jpg

oZp9KdC.jpg

7kAYC1I.png

s7nJdPg.png

Ngn6IOJ.png

• Like 8

Nice day for it and home alone so clear top coat time for the Hopper,

IMG_6667.jpeg 

Just the roll bars to paint in later and then I can start tidying up the hobby room carnage…….probably. 

• Like 9

On 2/29/2024 at 11:47 PM, Pylon80 said:

KeMCQVt.jpg

Smells like a Podium position coming up 👍🏻😉

13 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Smells like a Podium position coming up 👍🏻😉

I am not sure about that :D but thanks for encouraging me! Are you doing next round?

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:10 PM, one_hit said:

Went to the track today for the first time this year. It’s been a while since I did anything RC related. Been busy with sim racing in VR and family duties :D

spacer.png

Hey, this is in the Philippines, right? A Japanese RC Youtuber is there all the time! Mr Nokkey. Maybe you´ve seen one of his vids.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pylon80 said:

Are you doing next round?

Nothing concrete but possibly tomorrow evening I may get a chance to give something a blast….

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YoShImUrA53 said:

Hey, this is in the Philippines, right? A Japanese RC Youtuber is there all the time! Mr Nokkey. Maybe you´ve seen one of his vids.

I think I have. I'm sure he did a comparison between the XV-02 and XV-02RS??

Today I finished off a hobby grade electronics conversion on a little toy truck that I received as a Secret Santa gift.

20240302_100539

It used to run on 3XAAs, now it uses 4xAAAs.

20240302_102305

They fit in the same position as the original batteries, so with the battery door closed, it looks factory.

20240302_144338

I don't see it taking any podiums in the postal races but the cats enjoy chasing it around the house. 😸

• Like 10

Had a nice blast with the Manta Ray. This was a good playground! 

Screenshot-20240208-123520-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240208-123303-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240208-123840-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240208-123615-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240208-123225-Video-Player.

Screenshot-20240208-124023-Video-Player.

Now back to stickering the C11 🔴

• Like 15

I did some crawling attempts with this, I'm debating between grabbing some brass wheel weights or just running it as it is. The C74 is a bit top heavy as you'd imagine, but it still gets around fine.

20240302_155216.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Kowalski86 said:

I did some crawling attempts with this, I'm debating between grabbing some brass wheel weights or just running it as it is. The C74 is a bit top heavy as you'd imagine, but it still gets around fine.

20240302_155216.jpg

Maybe on top of wheel weight, try tires without the foam

1 hour ago, Sogogi said:

Maybe on top of wheel weight, try tires without the foam

I would but they've been glued, thankfully replacements are cheap.

I also ran the Stadium Raider earlier, I've been trying to figure out what Tamiya these wheels/tires are from.

20240302_181530.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, YoShImUrA53 said:

Do you have a link to his channel? Maybe it’s the same Japanese guy that I see there all the time, Taka-san, he’s a really nice guy and really quick too!

I’m so lucky to live less than 10 minutes away from this track. It’s clean, free to use and inside the mall so it’s air conditioned and lots of food/coffee shops nearby 

EDIT - I searched YouTube and found his channel. It is indeed Taka-san! One of the fastest racers here :D

https://m.youtube.com/@mightynokkey/videos

• Like 2