Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, CoolHands said:

I cut my Dynahead body out (just realised I only have photo of before I cut it!)

OxEs1wkl.jpg

We believe you!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Frankster said:

What cars were in his collection?

Blazing Blazer
Bruiser
Mountaineer
HiLux
Sand Scorcher MK1
Sand Scorcher MK2 x3
Super Champ x2
Porsche 959
Wild One
Blackfoot
3x Tamiya Tanks

Plus boxes, batteries, radios, extra bodies in boxes, wheels, tires, all sorts of extras.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Blazing Blazer
Bruiser
Mountaineer
HiLux
Sand Scorcher MK1
Sand Scorcher MK2 x3
Super Champ x2
Porsche 959
Wild One
Blackfoot
3x Tamiya Tanks

Plus boxes, batteries, radios, extra bodies in boxes, wheels, tires, all sorts of extras.

Whatsamatter, you didn't have a measly 10-15k cash in your pocket?!

I kid of course!

• Haha 1

Washing clothes.

Can't find car keys.

Washing machine making jingle bells noises so found said keys....

But did strip, clean and assemble/fill the TNX shocks.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Ray_ve said:

Washing clothes.

Can't find car keys.

Washing machine making jingle bells noises so found said keys....

But did strip, clean and assemble/fill the TNX shocks.

Next time leave the shocks in your pants pockets instead of your keys and they'll clean themselves.  :)

• Haha 4

The TH F150 is finished:

I've replaced the XT60 with an EC5 (to match my 3s packs) and relocated the power switch to underside of floor pan to provide access without removing the body.

AP1GczNEC3GTFfp86WKnuqHrnbuaUBW4xHddBLVQ

And, using this photo of the 1:1 truck as reference...

AP1GczO7Fnb8pJ3GkozuqZtRJQ9QqDauyauJG1UD

... finished applying decals.

AP1GczPG6Sje9hOcu6BUW9VdnKl7ap7y4K8hZ3_x

AP1GczP0b6P-8jMrmH-Dm4bvFu6alZPhYXcMPSNR

Panel gap stickers were a bit tricky but otherwise the job wasn't too horrible.

The truck uses a Hobby Wing 880 ESC which is programmed with an off-throttle (neutral) drag brake (pushing the trigger only provides reverse).  I very much prefer off-throttle coast and brake by pushing the trigger (like my other RCs) so I've order a HW LED programming card to make changes.  

Anyway, I reckon they're never really "finished".  I'd like to add a roll bar and spare tire in the bed.  The interior could use a coat of matt clear as well; It's too glossy.

• Like 9

Just ran the crawlers some more, unfortunately the rear axle housing on the C74 is starting to warp already.

20240315_160748.jpg

• Like 4

Finished the TT-02BR today!  Well, a blue part or two still on the way but close enough.  

Wiring is a bit of a mess and I’d like tidying them up to be my next RC adventure.

IMG_0648.thumb.jpeg.9b3802853e637dccaf13e94f915232ee.jpeg

IMG_0651.thumb.jpeg.a3b23571bceaafaa834cefb904ea0161.jpeg

• Like 17

13 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Blazing Blazer
Bruiser
Mountaineer
HiLux
Sand Scorcher MK1
Sand Scorcher MK2 x3
Super Champ x2
Porsche 959
Wild One
Blackfoot
3x Tamiya Tanks

😳

Had a bit of time while the sun was shining to take a few pic’s of the finished GH my kids gave me for Christmas.

Thanks again to Mr @Frog Jumper for the Parma Nerf bars 👍🏻 They look ace IMO, the cherry on the cake for it. For a Budget Buggy worth every cent and more I reckon, just a proper Tamiya Classic 😁

DSC_0021.jpeg 

DSC_0025.jpeg

DSC_0017.jpeg

Once that was done, time for a beer, bit of background music and carry on with the Buggyra sticker marathon….

IMG_6751.jpeg

• Like 20

15 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

starting to warp already

That sounds a bit like you were already expecting that to happen but not so soon? 

Snapped the front axel in my DT-02 Nissan Titan.  I have spare parts but the RC outing was cut short 😭
IMG_0406.jpeg.15450502a4a0aba231e34bff365b9afb.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg.7e975c8b2ac875c4085ecb26d029ddfe.jpeg

• Sad 6

Electrified my Baja Bug with electrics I have in the drawer ( mod touring only ) Overkill much ? 😂

It’ll probably end up with a silver can/lipo setup or a 17,5 justock I have loose. Didn’t want to spend the afternoon soldering.

Might keep this build very simple and kinda rough. It will be used directly and not be babied. 

Can anyone confirm it’s a TT02B? 

Any tips on taller tires ? I’ll have a look at  1.55 crawler stuff.

PiHu0js.jpeg

Udw45Ms.jpeg

krbxXcR.jpeg

b2oBDvv.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, technics said:

Electrified my Baja Bug with electrics in the drawer ( mod touring only ) Overkill much ? 😂

It’ll probably end up with a silver can/lipo setup or a 17,5 justock I have loose. Didn’t want to spend the afternoon soldering.

Might keep this one very loose, this one will not be babied. 

Any tips on taller tires ? I’ll have a look at or 1.5 crawler stuff.

PiHu0js.jpeg

Udw45Ms.jpeg

krbxXcR.jpeg

b2oBDvv.jpeg

Very cool build!  With that 4.5t, you'll probably need a wheelie bar.  :)

I'd be tempted to try a set of Blitzer Beetle wheels.  Might need to lift the body a bit to prevent tire rub -- but, maybe not?

Anyway, unlike a true BB, with a mid-motor TT chassis you have plenty of space under the bonnet for a super scale faux motor.  ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

That sounds a bit like you were already expecting that to happen but not so soon? 

I was expecting it to happen, just not in 2 or 3 battery packs, but as usual with WPL stuff I came up with a band-aid fix.

The official metal axle "upgrade" is $40, and unlike most Tamiya hop-ups, WPLs have all sorts of binding/machining problems.

• Sad 1

I got some practice with my new agility cones at my father in laws house today. Up till now I was just eye balling my turn in points which meant I wasn't doing myself any favors in the practice department. The chassis is dialed but I am not happy with my stickering job on the Subaru. I also need to cut the body post but not until I put a new body on it. I plan on ordering a Raikiri body with the idea of attending a TCS race later this summer. 

All Photos - 1 of 1.jpeg

• Like 10

3 hours ago, technics said:

Electrified my Baja Bug with electrics I have in the drawer ( mod touring only ) Overkill much ? 😂

Might keep this build very simple and kinda rough. It will be used directly and not be babied. 

PiHu0js.jpeg

Udw45Ms.jpeg

krbxXcR.jpeg

b2oBDvv.jpeg

I used the Blitzer Beetle tires on my build. 2 sets of rear wheels (The stock Blitzer is only 2WD).  Clearance will be an issue with the beetle body.  I jacked up the suspension and lifted the body.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, technics said:

PiHu0js.jpeg

Udw45Ms.jpeg

krbxXcR.jpeg

b2oBDvv.jpeg

By the way, where did you get the body mounts?   Looks like a great 3D printed solution 

@Frankster Thank you for the tip I’ll dive into your shared thread.

I bought this entire roller with all upgrades, body etc in an auction as is. Only thing mine is a few crappy pen marks, and electrics.  The mounts are a one off by someone, haven’t checked if there’s any on the 3d share sites yet. It came with a few iterations as well so I have a few spares. Have said that I won’t be hitting any skateparks lol, grass, urban and sand will be be neat though.

• Like 2

I decided to scrounge around for spares and put the Rustler up for sale, it just wasn't getting any use, and I'm not a Traxxas guy.

I also took the TL01B stadium truck for a spin, for being a touring car-based chassis it's not half bad off-road. I ended up killing another receiver (I have a bad habit of this), but that's why I run FlySky.

20240316_153525.jpg

20240316_153303.jpg

20240316_154115.jpg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, technics said:

Nice project you’ve pickup 👍🏻 looking forward to the finished article. I bodged up some body mounts to fit a SS body on a Javelin for a while. It turned out to be great fun. I have a Terra Scorcher that I’ve been chewing over doing the same thing for a more permanent option but haven’t got round to yet. 

679E0DA6-84E0-446F-9789-239FC6EA3521.jpg

8A5C3EE1-6BB2-4331-B177-34D329B3ED87.jpg 

730BFA6F-59BB-41DD-89E1-9977FE732B18.jpg

• Like 16

Today was unseasonably nice for a decent window of the afternoon, so I took advantage and got some chrome wheel painting done for several projects. I also painted some Lunchy Minis, still under wraps until decal time:

2054632686_BulkShare18.thumb.JPG.931a18bd91d17f5d959880927df712b3.JPG

184974197_BulkShare19.thumb.JPG.56f1dd9ce515306408468fed625638fc.JPG

• Like 6

Hornet Racing Team

IMG_0411.jpeg.5ee242fdfe4a49bbd7649f9457ae1d66.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg.8537d9b28e2805691c5a77a2117b93b4.jpeg

Picked up a used Hornet to match the Mini.  Now I have a full Hornet Racing Team

• Like 21