Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

This is so true there’s absolutely no point in me pretending otherwise 😂

@jonboy1 has said just the same thing to me 😊

I'll start clearing a space in the garage :ph34r:

Only kidding....honest. I already have an XV-01T that is built and never been run....

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Badcrumble said:

I'll start clearing a space in the garage :ph34r:

Only kidding....honest. I already have an XV-01T that is built and never been run....

There’s always plenty of other options 😂

Long break from posting.. Life gets overwhelming. Shot some Vallejo primer on the first set of tecnomagniseo wheels for my immediate group A rally build(s) . Two legacies, one e30 :)

P2mriZY.jpeg

t4olAUj.jpeg

0pa7Hcl.jpeg

8KbQ5jd.jpeg

SkIlj0t.jpeg

• Like 18

My GF01 Land Cruiser has been fitted with new springs (53974). The previous ones were too hard and too short for off-road driving. Now they fit well and the red front ones are slightly softer than the blue rear ones (because of the trailer).  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Have to say it again: the "1080 G2" and its new features "Real Car" and the steplessly variable drag brake is simply great fun. Please ignore the messy wiring, its in a provisional state. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 10

Today I asked someone about tyres.

That's it.

Maybe get back to some proper RC one day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Finishing off a build... Final part came yesterday for my DF-03Ra. Supposed to be a heat sink. Looks cool but i doubt it will do anything special.

20240412_110842.jpg

20240412_111454.jpg

• Like 12

Its Friday. Had a tough week at work so cracked open the A4 TT01E and a beer.  Bizarrely, Im enjoying the TT-01E build a lot more than the usual TT02? I just wish Id picked up a bearing kit and some oil shocks before I started but to be fair its only a shelfer. 

kcWXr0U.jpeg

xg6P11n.jpeg

• Like 9

Might as well bat clean up... Alum front up-rights finally showed. It's almost done too. Just waiting on a slipper clutch to ship from around the world. This one is my son's, nice paint job for a 5year old :) well, he picked the colors i might have helped a bit. Usually he says, "Just like on the box daddy." So this one is cool. He's been driving it alot so i got it set up pretty tame. These DF03's are kind of fragile. Already broke the front damper stay (hence the double stack) and a plastic front upright. These alum ones should be better.

20240412_120848.jpg

20240412_123256.jpg

• Like 7

I drove the Exceed Sunfire/Redcat Tornado for a bit, for being a budget brand that's often mocked by Arrmaxx fan boys (here in the US), its not half bad. It tracks straight and handles decent. My only real gripes are just a weak servo (typical for RTRs), and some self-tapper screws in a few areas.

Its not bad for $40 though, thats about what a bigger "toy-grade" would cost. I could go on about the absurd amount of aluminum/adjustability on this thing.

VideoCapture_20240412-143945.jpg

20240412_143238.jpg

• Like 4

This evening I’ve drunk a bottle of wine and brought a Durga. One may have well led to the other. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

After a bit of research, I found that the mounting holes on a Fastrax tow hitch should be a perfect fit for a CC-02 rear crossmember, so I ordered one. Now to see if my research was accurate or not...

• Like 5

Today I’m grateful I don’t suffer from claustrophobia as the hobby room became a bit of a dumping ground recently. I’ve moved more stuff around than I care to remember over the last few months. But as Mr RB put Netflix on for another “Is It Cake!!” Series I’m making do until I clear up a bit to start putting a TT01 chassis together as a body prop for the Calibra.

IMG_7131.jpeg

The good news that came for this mess is that I found the other missing Total sticker for the Fat Fox mirror inside the Frog tape container as I used it to tape a bar to the ceiling fan for the pic 😁 bonus. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Today I’m grateful I don’t suffer from claustrophobia as the hobby room became a bit of a dumping ground recently. I’ve moved more stuff around than I care to remember over the last few months. But as Mr RB put Netflix on for another “Is It Cake!!” Series I’m making do until I clear up a bit to start putting a TT01 chassis together as a body prop for the Calibra.

IMG_7131.jpeg

The good news that came for this mess is that I found the other missing Total sticker for the Fat Fox mirror inside the Frog tape container as I used it to tape a bar to the ceiling fan for the pic 😁 bonus. 

I do like  a nice busy work area...:D

• Like 1

Some might have noticed me getting weak when i read @wtcc5 's egress build thread

.. made me want an egress, top force evo or top force .....would have bought the egress had i won the 50% coupon from tamiya germany easter lottery... but obly got 20% which is like the market price...  on the other hand, i read about wtcc5's troubles with the top force....

so this helped me stay strong......thanks :)

well... finally i got weak though and bought a top force.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

..... undertray !!!! :D

.....because it fits my ta03 so well :) ... hope i gotcha... well now i have some top force in my life and still not the reliability issues or losing loyalty to my beloved chassis :D ... 

Screenshot_20240413_115529_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240413_115552_Gallery.jpg

• Like 6

Nice :) that makes me smile :) ... but i really nearly Fell for a tf or egress as well.... but for now im focusing on my special projects (ta03)... now im thinking about another tf undertray to make a sandwich from the top to close everything off... Just had to test first if it fits at all... next time i might drill the lower Deck to screw it on as well... before i had a complex plate construction to keep it clean inside but it all had weak points.... So for now just quick and dirty and go for some rally action during vacation ...

57 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I do like  a nice busy work area...:D

When needs must 😉

• Like 1

Just got back from picking up this second hand setup station. It is nice to finally end guestimating and eyeballing. 

20240413_120814.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Racing by Post is getting serious now @Andreas W  😉 

I got inspired by Pylon80 ^_^

But it was relatively cheap and since there will be no new kit this year it's nice to get the best out of what I already have. 

• Like 2

Finished the TT01E for the Audi A4. Nothing special

VbU9QNM.jpeg

Im thinking of running my Top Force Evo as 4WD is just better than 2WD IMO. Just going to use these electrics I have on hand

MYEAgIh.jpeg

• Like 7

Had this body for a few years and just didn’t exactly know what to do with it and because it’s a shapely body it doesn’t really lend itself to a jazzy paint scheme so I put it in the attic and forgot about it until builders came around to fix my roof and replace the lead flashing on the chimney and it made an appearance so with the actual sun shining (and yes it is the actual sun ☀️) I decided to actually finish it:)

IMG_0450.jpeg

• Like 7