Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just playing around with an extra DB01 motor mount trying to make it look like an old motor cycle engine.

DB01_MM.jpg

• Like 11

Shot some Tamiya primer on RPF1 wheels for the Honda Civic build.

LtM4Gbo.jpeg

ASz4BRh.jpeg

auYE23o.jpeg

N1rCK0q.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

Took some Traxxas’ out for the first time this year. 

4VytvHe.jpeg

The Defender is insanely capable!

LkUIRKA.jpeg

FdYRt4u.jpeg

With his Big Brother

JEv4HOf.jpeg

• Like 15

Had some ups and downs today, I tried doing some shock maintenance on my Fazer only to discover that whoever assembled it in the factory tightened the caps way, way too much, I got one off and dropped some Tamiya "soft" shock oil into it. Also, neither my Tamiya nor Associated springs fit on the Fazers shocks.

On the upside, I kicked up some dust with the Exceed Sunfire. After a full pack my only issues were the junk servo acting up, and a pebble jamming one of the back wheels.

20240413_133636.jpg

20240413_133634.jpg

• Like 8

Got my mini race ready by getting the shell reinforced with scrim and sticky stuff.  Now cant wait to get to the track for my first proper go.  All this talk of the iconic cup at the moment, I might just set my sights on 2025 😂

Seriously though this reinforcing caper is as messy and tiresome as everyone says it is, glad it’s done!

IMG_4997.jpeg

• Like 5

After the GF01, it was now my CR01's turn to get a trailer coupling. After much deliberation and trial and error with and without a threaded rod, I finally ended up with sheet metal. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Today was the turn of the DF-03 to have a bit of a run out. 
7wWQlBa.jpeg

Following its upgrades last year it is in really good shape. I think the new servo saver and ballracing the steering has help most. It’s definitely not quick, having only a Sports Tune and NIMH power but a very neutral, planted drive.

rkPFf5C.jpeg

I was thinking it might give up the dampers and fancy turnbuckles to the, soon to be arriving, Durga but nope. I’m going to have to buy some more😆

1rknmb0.jpeg

• Like 12

Had my 4WD Buggy "fleet" out in the garden. The Mini Inferno only had a short test run after trying to remove some drag from the drive train. Still not really good but getting better. The TD4 has too much grip with the kit tires on a grass/moss surface but ran very smooth if not going to fast (as this will cause grip rolls). The Dirt Thrasher has too less grip with its cheap Carson buggy tires but this in combination with its wider track makes it possible to run it faster.

c1_20240414_17405510.thumb.jpeg.e176019d5b7ff477f435389792a8438f.jpeg

• Like 9

I had my first real "breakage" with the Exceed, I made a bad landing and cartwheeled it, nothing broke (in fact the plastics not half bad), but I bent a dogbone, nothing serious.

20240414_090446.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nick-W said:

Today was the turn of the DF-03 to have a bit of a run out. 
7wWQlBa.jpeg

It's a looker! 

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 6:15 PM, RyantheRed said:

Just playing around with an extra DB01 motor mount trying to make it look like an old motor cycle engine.

DB01_MM.jpg

How did you achieve that? It is precisely the look I'd like for one of my F103 motor mounts. 

Lately I've been experiencing issues with the Manta Ray not responding properly to my controls. Something was wrong with the setup of the electronics. Since I didn't really know where to start, yesterday I chose to just reset the ESC to factory settings and take it from there. Turned out to be a good decision: after that, it was simpler to setup the electronics to better suit the limited capabilities of my NiMh batteries. I only did basic things, dialled down the start punch a few notches, gave it a tad more drag break and tuned down the max breaking force. Upon testing it on a small public road, I was glad with the results. The buggy is now again responsive and manageable, all the way to the servo now being undoubtedly more responsive than before even though I haven't even touched it. Something must have been very wrong with some settings before, drawing way too much current from the battery. Maybe a few deep dives in water last year also contributed to the ESC not being at the top of its game anymore. In any case, a reset felt beneficial and the ESC now feels fully working again.

20240408-194747.jpg

Now starting to work on the Terra Scorcher body facelift, but I'm planning on a long run with the newlyfound Manta later on today.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

How did you achieve that? It is precisely the look I'd like for one of my F103 motor mounts. 

Aluminum black from midway USA (amazon sells) makes it dark black. Great for touching up black aluminum. then i sanded and polished the high spots.

Screenshot_20240414-144452_Amazon Shopping.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Aerobert said:

Had my 4WD Buggy "fleet" out in the garden. The Mini Inferno only had a short test run after trying to remove some drag from the drive train. Still not really good but getting better. The TD4 has too much grip with the kit tires on a grass/moss surface but ran very smooth if not going to fast (as this will cause grip rolls). The Dirt Thrasher has too less grip with its cheap Carson buggy tires but this in combination with its wider track makes it possible to run it faster.

c1_20240414_17405510.thumb.jpeg.e176019d5b7ff477f435389792a8438f.jpeg

I think the Thunder Dragon body looks great on the TD4!!!

• Thanks 1

Got the Calibre sat on its TT01 body prop tonight. It lost its TA02 chassis to a Street Scorcher build and the Fat Fox body is on a TT02R which is one of two TT02 runners I have already, so the TT01 was going spare.

IMG_7140.jpeg

Nice to have it looking like a complete car again rather than an empty shell on the shelf. 

• Like 6

Was down visiting my folks, and just happened to catch a glimpse of an old Jet Fighter book I got off santa in my youth, so had a flick through, as you do..

Ohhhh, that's where those HPI Savage ,Dodge Charger decals went to.....🤦‍♂️

20240409_132358

• Haha 5

I was going to put Blackfoot next to Monster Beetle and Mud Blaster when I saw the front of Mud was broken.

I had to go to the attic to look for parts. :wacko:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Dont know why, but I GENUINELY enjoyed building a TT01E. I know its basic, but it felt a lot better than a TT02? Anyway, also a brilliant brilliant bodyshell IMO. I know this is a dirty ReRe, but this looks straight out of the Tamiya Catalogue I used to buy from Beatties as a lad!

9zgNudx.jpeg

Y5e6id1.jpeg

• Like 9

After filling the shocks correctly, the Fazer drives much smoother now. I had fo use a real wrench to get the caps off!

20240415_170146.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Got the Calibre sat on its TT01 body prop tonight. It lost its TA02 chassis to a Street Scorcher build and the Fat Fox body is on a TT02R which is one of two TT02 runners I have already, so the TT01 was going spare.

IMG_7140.jpeg

Nice to have it looking like a complete car again rather than an empty shell on the shelf. 

Impressive paint skills 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Dont know why, but I GENUINELY enjoyed building a TT01E. I know its basic, but it felt a lot better than a TT02? Anyway, also a brilliant brilliant bodyshell IMO. I know this is a dirty ReRe, but this looks straight out of the Tamiya Catalogue I used to buy from Beatties as a lad!

9zgNudx.jpeg

Y5e6id1.jpeg

Great choice, fantastic body shell imo. 

5 hours ago, Kpowell911 said:

Dont know why, but I GENUINELY enjoyed building a TT01E. I know its basic, but it felt a lot better than a TT02?

9zgNudx.jpeg

The TT-01E is better thought out in a few key areas, and in my experience it drives better without any extra fiddling, the only real drawback is the stock wet noodle driveshaft (but at least that's a cheap upgrade).

• Like 1

Heading off to my LHS.

i0ZNVXk.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5