Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Saito2 said:

fox1 fox2

With RC10 rerelease fever gripping us, I chose to retaliate with the same car I used to battle them back in the day - the Fox!

Whats wrong with you!? You're out there actually having fun with your RC!? You're diminishing it's potential value in 50 years or so!

On my end, I just took another stroll around the yard.20240512_090919.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Today I got the final coats of paint on my Lunchbox body.

chz1xM5.jpg%5B

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, toyolien said:

chz1xM5.jpg%5B

No better colour for a lunchbox in my opinion, better not let my daughter see that shade though, she will be after a respray of her flat pink 😂

• Like 1

Nice Weather to paint body:

spacer.png

Hope you did not expect my actually body, that would provably ruin your evening dinner anyway 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, simalarion said:

spacer.png

Hope you did not expect my actually body, that would provably ruin your evening dinner anyway 

Nice colour for a BBX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got in after testing the XV-01 in the streets. No more skipping. I am so glad I did not have to take it apart again. With one more tooth on the pinion (now 28t) the speed is back on track similar to how it feels wit 27t and rally blocks.  Good times B)

• Like 7

We had a long weekend with good weather so on friday the 7yo and me finished his TT-02:

20240510_155123_195445.jpg.13163e4f89ee947db97b38728e727aed.jpg

IMG-20240510-WA0016_195532.jpg.781e4954c79607825a55e61fbfac6594.jpg

He was cautious at first but it didn't took long before he drove it like he stole it.

Up until now I'm pleasantly surprised with the TT-02's driveability and durability. Only hop-ups are steel pinion, bearings, CVA's and a high torque servo saver.

• Like 11

Ordered some Boca Bearings for the RC10CC.   Really want to start building.   I probably will seeing as the diff doesn't come up until mid build.

Watching a great German documenary on Amazon.  I say that b/c I mistakingly ordered my Boca Bearings from Amazon.  I should have ordered factory direct.    Really sad to see how these F----s are destroying small businesses.   End rant lol. 

@Re-Bugged Love how the framed boxart look. Especially the graphical bodysets! 

18 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

IMG_7916.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JeffSpicoli said:

Ordered some Boca Bearings for the RC10CC.   Really want to start building.   I probably will seeing as the diff doesn't come up until mid build.

Watching a great German documenary on Amazon.  I say that b/c I mistakingly ordered my Boca Bearings from Amazon.  I should have ordered factory direct.    Really sad to see how these F----s are destroying small businesses.   End rant lol. 

Never used Amazon and never will 🤟

• Like 3

Finished this, the CR12/MT12 team associate truck.

Fx7CbKy.jpeg

The long term plan is to get the Parma Pumpkin body for a 4x4 Pumpkin but for now it is this 1/16 Slash body ina Toyota livery, a little like the MST MTX-1.

I would go for a full Pumpkin hardbody, but it's just too much weight for this chassis, which itself weighs almost nothing.

bc1yjN4.webp

Still a nice little basher. I hope the gearbox and gear upgrades pay off. Almost thrown this one in the bin to be honest, glad I stuck with it, but it's certainly given me an appreciation of Tamiya quality!

• Like 4

OK is it me or did I get a bad part?   There's no threading on this.

I'm sitting there, trying to thread a nut on this, and nothing is happening and then I realized, there's no threading.

IMG_6516.JPG

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

chz1xM5.jpg%5B

Nifty 👌

• Like 2

9 hours ago, toyolien said:

chz1xM5.jpg%5B

9 hours ago, simalarion said:

spacer.png

Nice work fella’s, but now I seem to have an overwhelming urge to sniff some rattle cans, it’s nearly as addictive as Tamiya Tyres. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JeffSpicoli said:

OK is it me or did I get a bad part?   There's no threading on this.

I'm sitting there, trying to thread a nut on this, and nothing is happening and then I realized, there's no threading.

IMG_6516.JPG

That’s got to be a first 😮, would you like me to frame it?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

That’s got to be a first 😮, would you like me to frame it?

Feel free.   I guess chalk this up to Chinese made RC10s?   I'm guessing that's where these are being made.    I emailed Associate's support - which hopefully will result in a quality response and replacement part(s).  If not I will try to source quality ballstuds.   I already started looking and what a goose chase that is.  All the ballstuds I'm seeing don't have a hex base.

• Like 1

They look to be the same as Tamiya ball studs @JeffSpicoli?

Search Tamiya 53598 for Florine ones, (sorry copy and paste not working for me?) Hope you get it sorted though mate. I know how frustrating a held up build can be for one tiny part.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

They look to be the same as Tamiya ball studs @JeffSpicoli?

Search Tamiya 53598 for Florine ones, (sorry copy and paste not working for me?) Hope you get it sorted though mate. I know how frustrating a held up build can be for one tiny part.

According to the manual they are "0.2 ballstuds" - I measured the the length from top to bottom and they are about 11mm from the bottom of the threads to the top of the ball.     I'm not sure what they mean by .20.   

Thank you for the tip!   I'll check out that part number.

• Like 1

Here's the step and the part to be exact:    Any replacement I use has to be long enough to allow a nut to thread on it on the front of the shock tower.   These are 11mm from top of the ball to the bottom of the threads.

ballstud.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffSpicoli said:

I'm not sure what they mean by .20.   

That’s an Imperial measurement of the ball I’d say being the States, 

0.2 of an inch = 5.08mm.

That being said if you do have to change to a metric size then you will probably need an appropriate nut for it too. 

I took some photos of the frog, I've posted some before with another body, this body turned out much better;

frog 1.JPG

frog 9.JPG

frog 8.JPG

It's got 2 minor mods, metal plates screwed onto the sides of the gearbox and the rear body mounts have been reamed further into the chassis to make the body easier to take off;  

frog 12.JPG

• Like 9

Just had my offer accepted for an MB01 kit with bearings - no ESC but looking forward to it arriving. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Just had my offer accepted for an MB01 kit with bearings - no ESC but looking forward to it arriving. 

when things in the world make no sense, we can always rely on @Grumpy pants for some stability. Just like taxes, Grumpy selling buggies to reduce his fleet only to replace them a few weeks later, will always be there ;) 

• Haha 3