Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nationwide wanted to charge me £25 last month to transfer money to a German bank account : (

NatWest charged me 14 quid to do that that a few years ago.

Cheers,

ARG

The courier collected my Globetrotter yesterday, so that is on its way to someone who will use it and make get most out it.

I couldn't sleep last night so I spent a couple of very relaxing hours in the garage tinkering with 2 of my Hilux using my new pit stand to full effect.

image-56.jpg

Have you any got any tips for preserving tyres? Some mine are old and perishing and I would like to try and slow the process down!

I've tidied up my desk and I've started to reorganise my shelves as I have a bit more space now.

My daughters will have a shelf each with their favourites models on that they can run : )

I've decided on which Hilux to sell and which Sand Scorcher to sell, 3 of each is enough for me.

I also decided which 4 models I want next as well.

My mum in law made some car covers for me to stop my Vintage models from getting dusty whilst on the shelves in the garage and I thought I would share a photo with you.

image-52.jpg

• Like 2

Love those car covers :)

Bit sad really, but I really like them too!

Been tinkering today, lazy day off...

image-54.jpg

image-55.jpg

• Like 2

Worked on my Egress 2013 body,,,now to apply the decals:

-Body PS-41-Bright Silver

-Under Cowl PS-5-Black

20140108_171247_zpsde7a2dd8.jpg

• Like 3

Last night my buddy Jay dropped by with his TA02 F150 kit for a maiden run.

WP_20140107_004.jpg

She's running the stock silver can, 2s Giant Power Lipo, with Spektrum DX3C tx. Overall I was impressed with the speed it has, out on the damp tarmac it could easilly light up all 4 wheels to point of being hard to keep in a straight line. Also it was equally at home bashing over the damp lawn. Jay was thinking about upgrading to a sport tuned motor but thinks now it might make it too hard to control!

WP_20140107_003.jpg

Another buddy of mine is building one at the moment also although I have the feeling he will try for the proper 3 colour job.

• Like 1

Last night my buddy Jay dropped by with his TA02 F150 kit for a maiden run.WP_20140107_004.jpgShe's running the stock silver can, 2s Giant Power Lipo, with Spektrum DX3C tx. Overall I was impressed with the speed it has, out on the damp tarmac it could easilly light up all 4 wheels to point of being hard to keep in a straight line. Also it was equally at home bashing over the damp lawn. Jay was thinking about upgrading to a sport tuned motor but thinks now it might make it too hard to control!WP_20140107_003.jpgAnother buddy of mine is building one at the moment also although I have the feeling he will try for the proper 3 colour job.

I've always liked these F150's, but the blue is awesome. It is such a great colour choice : )

Not sure if you can pick it up from the poor picture but it's PS 16 metallic blue. He did about 6 coats + silver backing. I will see if I can get some photos outside on the weekend if we're out bashing.

Just been putting the last finishing touches to my FAV Shark Mouth parts before I start the build. Man there's a lot of painting on these before you can even start building!!

Can anyone give me a quick overview of how to do a basic paint wash to weather Evan's face and hands a bit as it looks like he's just had plastic surgery, not done 10 years hard graft in the USAF?

B5A9205C-8B1C-4CB6-8AE0-8C001A8E8AAB_zps

• Like 3

I have painted & stickered a re re Egress body for a runner .

Now i have not done the PS41 on this one , as i wanted it different

& i think i have done that :lol:.

c094e762ee410a898fefc252b09a98db_zpsafc3

Now for the stickers added .

4e8bed50f468ef5e8ad9e238975bc667_zps9118

b7f12de286e26b82b3b26a931526d3db_zpsb40c

Now all i need is my two Egress's that should have been here by now :( .

Will start on the Avante 2001 body some time today or may do it tomorrow !.

• Like 8

Well you aint gonna mistake yours in an Egress gathering - does it glow in the dark too ? :P

Brave choice but it works - you have plenty of spares for box art ;)

• Like 1

Its a brave choice, but very fitting to the gawdy schemes we ran way back, i remember everything being so neon to the point of being radioactive Percymon lol!

lee

Its a brave choice, but very fitting to the gawdy schemes we ran way back, i remember everything being so neon to the point of being radioactive Percymon lol!

lee

Hey, I wore shorts that colour...

• Like 1

Hey, I wore shorts that colour...

& still does :P ..

:lol:

• Like 1

Excellent colorchoice Matman. Now you only need a trailer and my Hilux to drag it. They would go good together :)

IMG_1115_zpsd65d4adf.jpg

• Like 2

Having a clean up and rebuild of my Porsche 959 after finally sourcing all of the ball diff parts and gears from the Toyota Celica. This is currently stopping me from building my newly delivered Egress! I did have to 'borrow' the ball diff grease from the Egress kit to build the diff as i didn't have any at all.

post-36202-0-24915600-1389473881_thumb.j

• Like 1

Glued dividers into my new fastener drawers today so nothing much... Rather boring really :(

postman_14.jpg

c094e762ee410a898fefc252b09a98db_zpsafc3

b7f12de286e26b82b3b26a931526d3db_zpsb40c

Now all i need is my two Egress's that should have been here by now :( .

Will start on the Avante 2001 body some time today or may do it tomorrow !.

Very nice color combo my friend!

Now lets see how it will look like on the chassis...and any plans for the wheels if to go rather than Black?

:)

Very nice color combo my friend!

Now lets see how it will look like on the chassis...and any plans for the wheels if to go rather than Black?

:)

Was thinking about white wheels , as the black won't look as good i think .

I have got some colour on the Avante 2001 as well , got the same colour scheme as the Egress above .

Pic in Avante 2001 thread . Still have to put stickers & take the film off it .