Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really liking where this is going! Perhaps Willy could drive a sufficiently-weathered vehicle, keeping with the "undead" theme... Maybe a beat-up Lowrider Pumpkin like JennyMo's recent project? Although I am sure you have plans for this creation!

Undead Willy...

Having unfortunately died in yet another in a long line of high-speed crashes, the now dead Willy continues to drive at break-neck speed, with no fear of death and a hunger for human flesh... and Snickers bars... or something like that.

No ride planned for him at the moment.

ZW5sm.jpg

Always keeping one eye on the road... or in the glove box... (eye and cheek damage not finished yet).

ZW4sm.jpg

Minor trauma, possibly a failed attempt to end his speed and killing spree.

ZW3sm.jpg

You've got to be careful when shaving the back of your head.

Dorvack.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINS! Love it.

How are you making the little divot marks in the plastic? Heat? Or some kinda engraving bit on a dremel?

Wow, you really polished his helmet (sorry...)

In other news, I ordered a set of gold wheels for my re-re Hotshot. Totally 80s pimpin'

So I went to a hobby shop that I haven't gone for a while and saw these Tamtech kits and spare parts.

Asked the store owner about them unfortunately I was too late already.

Someone already bought the whole lot. My jaws dropped tears in my eyes when I heard how much the guy pay for it. To be fair to the lucky new owner, basically all I can say is he got it for pocket change. The store owner even said the guy is going to make a lot a lot ..a lot of money!

image_zps8817d65b.jpg

• Like 2

So I went to a hobby shop that I haven't gone for a while and saw these Tamtech kits and spare parts.

Asked the store owner about them unfortunately I was too late already.

Someone already bought the whole lot. My jaws dropped tears in my eyes when I heard how much the guy pay for it. To be fair to the lucky new owner, basically all I can say is he got it for pocket change. The store owner even said the guy is going to make a lot a lot ..a lot of money!

image_zps8817d65b.jpg

The shop ower didn't mentioned what the lot went for ?
Funny if the shop ower knew thier worth why let it go for cheap or even buy it off the seller and re sell them?

The shop ower didn't mentioned what the lot went for ?

Funny if the shop ower knew thier worth why let it go for cheap or even buy it off the seller and re sell them?

Yes he did mention it his employee and I was like ehhhhh that's dirt cheap. Shop owner doesn't care, he just want to get rid of it He know what it's worth that's why he mentioned 3x the guy who bought these is going to make a lot of money.

Undead Willy...

No ride planned for him at the moment.

Looks great so far! I would imagine him driving something black and low-slung with lots of chrome. I'm interested to see what you do with him.

Put the finishing touches to my TRD86 shell (mirrors, lights, number plates). This is the first shell I have had with light buckets. They really do make a huge improvement to the appearance.

16225758029_87f850c1ce_c.jpg

16225757889_c1cf9d769e_c.jpg

16225758139_b2ebba83b0_c.jpg

• Like 3

Yes he did mention it his employee and I was like ehhhhh that's dirt cheap. Shop owner doesn't care, he just want to get rid of it He know what it's worth that's why he mentioned 3x the guy who bought these is going to make a lot of money.

Sure like to understand his reasonings. if he cares about the hobby, he would let them go at 1 per customer. He can't be in it for the money since he knows he can double or triple the money. it seems he just want a quick buck and not even worth the extra effort to get a lot more for them. It just shows deals are out there for whatever the reasons. Just keep looking.
  • Like 1

Finally got radio gear workin, put two 3s together in the uno. Rapid is an understatement. Wow.

I ran my wt-01 monster beetle today! :D Absolutely loved it. I need to go to one of these meets.

Cleared out and cleared up my spares drawers, and also planning a nice addition to the work bench too ;)

Finished the King Blackfoot. New shocks (absmima for Mad Bull actually) fitted perfectly. Quick test and bas to the shelf. This style of kit really appeals to me but I don't want to use it, doh! I might look for another one to use as a runner.

Also, I had a TA03F kit that I spent a fair bit on rescuing, but it never felt "right" so I've stripped the motor/esc/servo/wheels and stored it away. It just never felt part of the collection for me, so spares it is.

Well, I basically had TONS of fun this morning with the Hot Soccer Mom at the San Cristóbal:

U4PAE9.gif

:D

Think we need to install some wings on these things!

001_zpsrkivgigq.jpg

002_zpspfielqqj.jpg

Next Sunday will be classics' time, so we'll be dustin' off some classic Tamiyas and Kyoshos, YAY! B)

Oh, I just LOVE summertime! :)

• Like 7

Tried masking up and painting the window rubbers on a new integrale body rather than use the supplied stickers. It didn't work too well so I will be buying some nitro fuel or graffiti remover this week. Lol

I will get nothing done today except lose my voice and get drunk :)

Go Seahawks!!!

• Like 3

Built and fitted my duratrax vw baja engine for my wt-01 monster beetle

20150202_165726_zps75c9f1ed.jpg

20150202_171951_zpsafda60d8.jpg

20150202_180612_zps088f6d03.jpg

• Like 3

Built and fitted my duratrax vw baja engine for my wt-01 monster beetle

20150202_165726_zps75c9f1ed.jpg

20150202_171951_zpsafda60d8.jpg

20150202_180612_zps088f6d03.jpg

that looks the business mate - made for the job . :D