Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kinda feel out-done by the post above, as I would love a Clodbuster at some point in the future! (prefer a Jugg 2 tbh...!)

But just completed this, thoroughly enjoyed the build - it just needs the steering servo fitted (still waiting on Hobbyking international postage...could be a runner by this time next year perhaps?!)

[DSC_0059.jpg

• Like 2

Come on don't keep us in suspence plz pray tell

It's not something you'd except...

It's a Matsushiro R/C Knight Rider, circa 1982/3, I got it for my birthday over 3 decades ago, it was my very first full function radio control car!

I saw a boxed example for sale and had to have it.

Literally cannot wait till it arrives :)

• Like 3

Mechanically it's finished. As we speak, it's snowing here, so who knows when I will get to paint the body. Wish I was at Wood5tock's, I'd use his spray booth. ;)

20150215_191135_zps2ffiahun.jpg

• Like 8

Got out and enjoyed the ridiculously amazing weather we are having in California right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 5

I spent the last two days shovelling out a track for use by RC cars:

2edbb5u.jpg

I even went over the path with boiling water - it was -37 degrees Celsius where I was, so it froze quickly and solidly. After just 3 hours, the ice was hard enough to walk on without denting it, so my Lancia Rally emerged for the first drive of my year!

2hrna7d.jpg

Now, winter driving on an ice track has been what inspired me to find a rally car in the first place, meaning that this first run with the Lancia Rally would definitely be a very special one. I remembered my dream!

And then, all three of my batteries cut out :(

2hh3klu.jpg

(this was the furthest it got of the three - maybe a quarter of the way around the track)

It could be old age; it could be lack of recent use or overuse in the past; but either way none of them can hold a charge in these conditions, and all I managed was maybe 2 - 3 laps!

This led me to my next activity, which was to purchase a single Ni-MH battery from my hobby shop near school (I am out of the city for the week). It should be delivered by tomorrow, meaning I could be driving as I intended after all.

I sure hope so - I was getting "psyched up for intense rally car action!" (quote from TamiyaUSA page on the re-release Lancia 037 tires)

• Like 13

That is awesome Grastens! Looks like fun! B)

At least it will be when I can get a car to run!

My Avante still needs wheel adapters to fit the Thundershot/etc. wheels I acquired for it (think I left them back at my school city), as well as an operational receiver. THAT would have been an instant classic!

Did a sketch of a cute DT-02 for my RC Buggy Bash blog... colour version later. Inspired by recent art by top chap Jimmy Storey :)

sketch1424127676668.png

• Like 3

Grastens the effort you put into building that track deserves a reward! Hope the new battery comes quickly and you get many, many laps from it. I feel really lazy after the 2 day effort you put in. I threw threw 6 small cones on the floor to make a slalom course.

Does the cold really effect batteries that badly at -37! Glad its a bit warmer here.

• Like 1

At least it will be when I can get a car to run!

My Avante still needs wheel adapters to fit the Thundershot/etc. wheels I acquired for it (think I left them back at my school city), as well as an operational receiver. THAT would have been an instant classic!

you need spiked tires . Great effort on the track .

Finished off the weld mesh for one of the door windows of the grapple skidder:

img33435_17022015224155_1.jpg

img33435_17022015224155_3.jpg

nice job Martin - all hand soldered ?

• Like 3

nice job Martin - all hand soldered ?

Yeah, it's a bit blobby, and some of the wires are a bit bent, but it looks ok at a distance

Yeah, it's a bit blobby, and some of the wires are a bit bent, but it looks ok at a distance

looks absolutely fine to me - well done .

• Like 1

Was two hours south for work, so took my slash with me for a bit of impromtu bashing on the lakefront B) Sorry to tease you all with the gorgeous weather!

20150217_155428_zps3vkdq2wc.jpg

20150217_155358_zps02tgqxl7.jpg

2015-02-17%2016.10.36_zpssnxlposu.jpg

• Like 4

today I learned how to post pictures on the interwebs

gccYNR.jpg

now as soon as I fill this up with petroleum distillate, and re-vulcanize my tires im going for a drive! post haste....

• Like 5

Not a lot, put some batteries on charge for this afternoon, oh, and stole Sandster's signature style :lol:

• Like 1

That Traxxas looks amazing.

They totally 'own' the basher market I think. I'm really tempted. Would you say 2wd or 4wd?