Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not shabby at all! I have a copy of IBIFTKH's templates; he used them to extend the wheelbase of the WR-02 chassis to fit a Mitsubishi Pajero body onto that chassis. I think he ended up with around 190 mm at the end, but the templates can be extended for greater lengths.

If you would like (and presumably with the creator's permission ;) ), I can send the file to you if you want to take on a Monster Mini with slightly-better handling... Otherwise, it looks plenty slick on top of a CW-01!

Thanks for the offer Grastens but this mini body is already set for another project. This was one of those "I wonder how that would look" ideas I've been meaning to try out for ages but not had the bits all together until now. I do think your idea about stretching the WR02 chassis would work better than the CW01, improved handling and the track is a little narrower which looked better to my eye. If it's not going to be a wheelie machine I wonder if modding a WT01 frame would be another option? If you can retain the low battery position it should make it a good stable runner... well for a wheeler anyway

• Like 1

Been toying with my M03 Mini body just to satisfy my curiosity... Monster Mini anyone? Wheeler chassis 98d9a8dfb0ed9092df8de7416c21198c.jpg Wheel base is a little short but on the Lunchbox/Pumpkin chassis... 41839fb3517d6f77b0771a894c63f3ce.jpg ... now that ain't too shabby is it?

Hee hee - great concept!

fwiw. I think the longer Pumpkin/lunchbox wheelbase is actually better proportioned as a 'Monster Truck' Mini - as typically the axle wheelbase would tend to be longer than the body on a 1:1 Monster truck?

However, I really see the potential in that shell on a WR-02 too - you would effectively only have to cut the rear of the front arch and the front of the rear arch to get it to side nicely...

I was considering doing something similar with the new-shape Fiat 500 body... it's just the lexan thing I'm not happy with - although it could be a very simple way for Tamiya to actually offer a production version one day perhaps?

Whatever you choose, I hope this becomes a reality!

Jx

Thanks for the offer Grastens but this mini body is already set for another project. This was one of those "I wonder how that would look" ideas I've been meaning to try out for ages but not had the bits all together until now. I do think your idea about stretching the WR02 chassis would work better than the CW01, improved handling and the track is a little narrower which looked better to my eye. If it's not going to be a wheelie machine I wonder if modding a WT01 frame would be another option? If you can retain the low battery position it should make it a good stable runner... well for a wheeler anyway �

Years back there was a monster mini running around in Keighley West Yorkshire . Mounted on a chopped Suzuki SJ 410 chassis as far as i recall . Looked fantastic .

Go for it NIc .

Managed to reclaim some of the wheelbase on Project Bump-Steer that was lost when converting to RWD. Did this by reversing the lower A arms and flipping them left-right. Not only did this help with the bump-steer, but also solved the front suspension issue, as well as giving the upper A arms an easier job in a not so cramped setup. Win-Win I say.

267T8UV.jpg

G0TWRvd.jpg

QZy8S4r.jpg

All that's left to do, chassis wise now, is figure out the rear body mounts. Only thing damaged so far in this build, is the front body mount in the lid expanded to 5.5mm

Stance:

WJgASZY.jpg

Edited by Flerbizky
  • Like 1

Started putting the BF3 together while watching Fury... It's very distracting :)

2b889a79a8d09fc395e1e01763faee69.jpg

• Like 1

They are full leather and heated from a ford focus...

Was a £50 bargain

It was all I could fit up my loft hatch but is an awesome sofa

• Like 1

I test drove my TT01 around the garage floor and I'm happy with the set up now and it is ready for a day of hammering around the track.

I've dusted down my TG10 nitro Mini which wouldn't start tonight, but I'll try again very soon.

I bought a Monster Racer as well, which should arrive later on this week.

I've been given permission to display my cars downstairs! So today I have issued our factory with the CAD drawings and sourced the spare materials to make some made-to-measure shelves. Veneer in oak, lacquer, job done.

Will need to buy some drinks for the lads in the factory who helped make it happen though!

• Like 3

Cleaning my newly acquired vintage Egress

IMG_20150224_141549230.jpg

IMG_20150225_242630926.jpg

most of the titanium is toast :( needs a lot of new screws, tires, new rear gearbox and rear right hub.

• Like 4

^^^^^^I do like the blue color on the body , some thing different ^^^^^^^^ ..

Looks to be in great shape over all , how's the ball diffs etc ?.

I can't for the life of me get to sleep....so I've been down to the garage and mounted my new semi slicks onto new rims with new foam inserts for my TT01.

It's a revelation opening Hop Up packets and having new items to use, instead of making do or using second hand parts.

In fact I enjoyed this new sensation so much I've just bought a new foam bumper and an alloy bumper stopper .

Happy midnight shopping!

I found a alloy heat sink in my spares box that is the right part for my TT01.

I get a kick out of using spares I already own, it gives me a deep sense of satisfaction!

Took stock of my mini 4wd so far.. It's addictive Must fill my man cave to the max 4940a58e72541a22d3ad84cf6eb607d2.jpg

Man cave FTMFW! Wish I had a room like that!

[Edit:] Does a "Show me your man-cave thread exist"? - And if not, shouldn't we have one?.

Edited by Flerbizky

Some old videos of the other side.. Love my man cave and it gets better every day

Love that you're listening to Volbeat! *not envious at all*

Got a vintage tool bag for my stock GHII restoration. Balloon was in good shape and the MSC needed the linkage arm. All better now :) just need a single rear chassis spring and she's done 9d8bab0af3650ef145668ffe19145a83.jpg

Made an air cleaner for the skidder bonnet

img33435_25022015221334_1.jpg

img33435_25022015221334_2.jpg

The slope is deliberate to account for the 3.5 degree downward slope on the bonnet

img33435_25022015221334_3.jpg

• Like 2

So many projects...... A little time to spare.

So I spray clear red for the rear lights! Turn out quite well!

58c63fc33221c109693159e8d239a191.jpg

Updated photo, better picture of rear lens!

2b91ffe6f37b75723ade32d2001fb8bb.jpg

Also added rubber lips to the front...

c02e38cb7a42401f05b76f0aa1221905.jpg

Added cockpit, work in progress

f8772f47a9659139a94832d3e81960ab.jpg

• Like 8