Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well the ones on my planned runner are almost mint and are proper ta03 super low friction alloy shocks. Is yours a shelfer? If so I could easily do a deal possibly, PM me if you want? Would be happy to help someone out, not in this hobby to make ££ :)

James

:)

Changed my recently broken transmission case on my Novafox today. So now it is ready for action again.

Putting the finishing touches on my 2nd Porsche 911 GT1 no 26 car. Going to use it as a runner and the no 25 car is for the shelf. :)

gallery_16696_3884_7689.jpg

Great-looking racers! Don't you love a good team photo? ;)

15mnrjd.jpg

Today, I took my newest build out for a shakedown:

1zchiqc.jpg

Touring cars are still something I have to get used to - I look forward to lots of practice with this one!

• Like 6

Limped around them house fried like crispy bacon...5 hrs in their sun yesterday with 2 hrs worth of sun screen....no rc for me today.....

16665529283_af8d869911_c.jpg

17259964696_d060374552_c.jpg

Do you need more hints ??

:P

Yes, mostly because I see no signs of a 3-speed gearbox and no shell indicating if it is a Mountaineer or a Bruiser. Is it some kind of painted-up CC-01 or Agrios?

(seriously, though, what I would give to spend a day working on that!)

I spent my day instead working on a Honda City Turbo:

2lw9e38.jpg

2ccxbux.jpg

I count myself incredibly lucky: I did not need to modify the front body post to get the shell to fit, and the front wheels clear the wheel arches (even if by about a millimetre) at full steering lock both ways out of the box! What has happened here?

A build thread was felt to be unnecessary since the WR-02 is quite simple, and I would spend most of it talking about bodywork. This one will either go box-art (if my budget or time is limited) or sport a black Castrol-Mugen scheme like this NSX:

real2.jpg

• Like 3

I tried out some Tamiya HARD friction damper grease (Item #53176) on the Grasshopper tonight after I rebuilt it's gearbox. OMG, why have I not been using this stuff? The change in damper action is amazing. Check it out in my short little YouTube video here showing what a difference it makes.

I did notice with the Honda that two sets of body mounts come with it that look the same.. maybe some are putting the wrong ones on?

Just a thought!

(only because I did at first :P )

Yes, mostly because I see no signs of a 3-speed gearbox and no shell indicating if it is a Mountaineer or a Bruiser. Is it some kind of painted-up CC-01 or Agrios?

(seriously, though, what I would give to spend a day working on that!)

You got it !!

It is a Mountain Rider, pure metal beauty. 3 speed gearbox is in progress. Photos to follow.

And what I would give to have the Audi Quattro I can see just behind your Honda City Turbo!!

You got it !!

It is a Mountain Rider, pure metal beauty. 3 speed gearbox is in progress. Photos to follow.

And what I would give to have the Audi Quattro I can see just behind your Honda City Turbo!!

The best part is Grastens drives the Audi like he stole it ....... :lol:

• Like 1

Finished rebuilding the basket case TT01, I still can't believe it was all there apart from the prop shaft.

A cheap set of 6mm offset wheels arrived from HK today, so I fitted them with some reinforced slicks.

IMG_20150428_115531_zps99b4c0df.jpg

Need to clean & rebuild it now, then there's the ordeal of the RX7 body.

• Like 1

You got it !!

Thanks for clearing that up :D

Funny you say that, because sadly I have it for sale... Truth is, it is a little too expensive for me to run, but I will definitely revisit the Quattro - maybe on a cheaper modified WR-02 ;) Send a PM if you are interested!

Some kit breakers are also at work - I purchased a new shell and wheels for the Honda City Turbo, knowing I will need them at some point ;)

I bought a TT02 Porker, which I'm looking forward too a lot.

It will be my 1st lexan shell to trim and paint.....

Stripped the new/old Manta Ray

From this :unsure:

IMG_20150428_170351_zps8lk6dkbp.jpg

To this ^_^

IMG_20150428_225941_zpsf5f5a618.jpg

• Like 1

Swapped the 25t pinion in my TT-01 rally car for a 24t one. With a 58t spur, this shifts the focus from top end to acceleration, as befitting a rally car. Should also give a little more runtime and a slightly cooler motor.

I re-rebuilt the gearbox on the Grasshopper, removing the AW grease from the counter gear and replaced it with cera grease. A full AW grease gear box was too thick and sticky. I left it on the bevel gears, both large and small. Hopefully this will provide the balanced gearbox I'm looking for.

I also found the 17T pinion gear for my sons DT-02 racer so I replaced the 19T with it. I think that'll be a better ratio to start him out on.

Stripped, cleaned, re-greased and rebuilt the front gearbox on the Boomerang last night. The front wheels now spin freely with little resistance. I will do the rear gearbox tonight if I get time.

Put a BZ motor in the Leonis, but the car was gone before I had the chance to drive it myself :)

IMG_2080_zpsb54lc44b.jpg

Stripped the new/old Manta Ray

From this :unsure:

IMG_20150428_170351_zps8lk6dkbp.jpg

To this ^_^

IMG_20150428_225941_zpsf5f5a618.jpg

Love the RW chassis. Found it better than my TF chassis on track. I'm just scared to race it now as the shell is so rare.

• Like 1

@qatmix - is it actually the RW chassis? It's up for debate on the main TC site, I haven't got a clue to be fair :)

Spent the last 3.5hours, cutting, masking and painting a brand new Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 body ( thanks, Tamiyabigstuff :) ). Phew ........

gallery_16696_3884_151949.jpg

gallery_16696_3884_142762.jpg

Friday evening with a few beers will be decal time. Tomorrow afternoon will be time to paint the rear wing and mirrors.

This will be a shelfer for when we decorate our living room in the new house :)

James

:)

• Like 4