Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wee bit more progress on the Vanquish rescue. Awaiting new bumpers as the old ones are split, so onto the shell now. Great build.

I did test it briefly and the rear seems to be a touch rough, I might get a new pinion first and maybe move it away from the spur before checking the whole box.

edit: seems better now, the pinion wasn't close enough

mhsyzc.jpg

• Like 1

Today I took a group shot of all my TL01LA parts together and a hint of how it will look-

11205185_10152897547781158_8421984664099

11205109_10152897545096158_5663013528186

Will hopefully have the chassis built this weekend.

• Like 4

Today I took a group shot of all my TL01LA parts together and a hint of how it will look-11205185_10152897547781158_842198466409911205109_10152897545096158_5663013528186Will hopefully have the chassis built this weekend.

We don't see many TL-01LAs going together these days.

BUILD THREAD! BUILD THREAD!

:)

• Like 4

This week i have been building This

img30018_03052015195248_4.jpg

Have done a quick photo shoot in the Outside World Section

• Like 6

Sweet!

Not really on-par but I was quite proud of myself for building this for my daughter -

DSC_0243.jpg

Needs paint as it's un-treated.

Couldn't go much bigger as we rent our house rather than own it :(

• Like 7

I gave my Sand Scorcher a quick blast today with its rebuilt shocks and Ali chassis.

All good I'm very happy and I'm looking forward to getting it properly dirty soon.

Not so great I tried to Ritdye a set of spare wheels and the dye didn't take and I used too much heat and ruined the wheels : (

Not a happy chappy on this front!

So I'm trying to clear as many partial projects as possible....this guy hasn't run in two plus years....4741027485f8e7ad39b8dec2178352f8.jpg85062d613c11d2b0d99a03fb66844e4c.jpg

Ran a lot of power through it today feel like bearing will be necessary before completing. Thanks XV pilot for the heads up on the mounting thread............can't justify the cost of another body so this will be close to the finished objective aa3a6cb3fe9e81b827c64c01ac896865.jpg

Probably end up with a Traxxas 12t Titan 550, with xl5 esc lipo batteries.

So I'm trying to clear as many partial projects as possible....this guy hasn't run in two plus years....4741027485f8e7ad39b8dec2178352f8.jpg85062d613c11d2b0d99a03fb66844e4c.jpg

Ran a lot of power through it today feel like bearing will be necessary before completing. Thanks XV pilot for the heads up on the mounting thread............can't justify the cost of another body so this will be close to the finished objective aa3a6cb3fe9e81b827c64c01ac896865.jpg

Probably end up with a Traxxas 12t Titan 550, with xl5 esc lipo batteries.

I'm sure it will turn out great. Old-school shells on big-wheeled chassis do tend to work rather well. Here is my take on the theme:

RC%20cars%20029_zpswismsy46.jpg

• Like 1

We don't see many TL-01LAs going together these days.

BUILD THREAD! BUILD THREAD!

:)

Agreed - especially with that gorgeous shell!

I had an excellent day today, made so by excellent weather. I took a nice long walk to my nearest hobby shop to pick up some supplies I ordered earlier today:

2e0simd.jpg

Once finished, I applied more coats to my Honda City Turbo (it took 2 cans?!), and then re-painted the Willy that will be going into my Wheelie Rally project:

2hzmmpd.jpg

I had plans for a 1990s Castrol paint scheme, but that is going on another shell I have ordered. I got the itch to get Willy running, so I did a quick single-colour paint job experimenting with an unusual colour for me to paint with:

52n8so.jpg

This is TS-51 Racing/Telefonica Blue. I will apply the regular decals over it to see how it looks, and then tear up the streets/do a barrel roll!

The one going into the Honda City Turbo got some more paintwork on the helmet and seatbelt buckle details on the torso, and the matching steering wheel also got its spokes painted in aluminium:

14wxdhy.jpg

I also glued tires with a CA applicator nozzle for the first time on the Honda. Quite an easy task now!

Among the supplies was more plastic putty; I used the remainder of the one I did already have to smooth out some minor surface imperfections. We are getting closer than ever to seeing it painted!

260rgbl.jpg

Finally, I packed up my latest sales - one box will get shipped out tomorrow; another will be checked for actual shipping cost, and a small packet will be packaged up and checked for another shipping cost. I built my own custom boxes from the myriad boxes I had from my last move, and used up the rest of my packing tape constructing and reinforcing them! The aftermath is below:

29uuaag.jpg

I hope they survive...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the mountain bike trails up there are quite impressive and pretty smooth... I must remember to pack a rally car next time

C970CF2C-90B0-4A46-9B74-8EFF044ED5CA_zps

Loving the look of that Mountain bike trail!! My two favorite things, RC and mtbing :D

Pimping vintage 4WD :D

Fitted Yeah Racing alloy hub carriers to my Top Force and lightly modded Vajra ;) Not today, but also fitted a B44.2 Lipo tray to the TF.

16745559874_5db817f218_z.jpg

17368093165_522ab2e6d8_z.jpg

17366354462_745f4d2012_z.jpg

17367983651_9638508fc9_z.jpg

• Like 3

85062d613c11d2b0d99a03fb66844e4c.jpg

Shouldn't 3 of those tires go on the other way around or are there condtions where you'd want the chevrons pointing rearward like this?

Shipped off a box of parts to a buyer; packed up some more; and enquired about shipping for two more packages. I might be cured yet of my fear of online selling!

I go to work later, though, meaning any plans to power through my Honda City Turbo build to get it running will wait until tomorrow!

I subscribed to the forum. May the 4th be with you.

05.04.2015-15.04.png

• Like 3

I gave my Scorcher another run today and so did my youngest daughter.

I'm not sure if it is the quality of the build or Scorchers, but every time I use it something else falls fails and needs fixing : (

I wouldn't mind if it was getting a lot of use or a really hard time, I'm used to launching our Blackfoot down concrete staircases and running it ragged without any problems.

Shouldn't 3 of those tires go on the other way around or are there condtions where you'd want the chevrons pointing rearward like this?

Well I just thought I'd start a fashion craze.... Probably had these tire on and off those rims a couple of times and wasn't really paying attention.... But thanks for adding to my work load..... Everyone just loves a wise guy.....lol

So apart from correcting the sacrilege of daring to have herons pointing the wrong way...lol..... I fabricated up the rear body mount for my Frankenstein mad bull monster Ford.. started off thinking it was going to be a nightmare but my old TD classes from back in the late 80's came right back.....here it is do far....6eda2c0996e993ed3129f6858474685a.jpg5f12c29710aeba05f6f1e478f8a9cd0c.jpg26bd48ec866bb7a22fa2d9c8c12a3674.jpg

I will pick up some bolts and stuff tomorrow. So far I'm pretty pleased

Almost there. Paint job done, decals, some paint details...next one, the interior.

17371140191_4639e7137b_c.jpg

• Like 6

Finished the Vanquish. Great car, loved saving it. A few new bits, shell from Canada :) egress front bumper, one driveshaft from Oman :) Also, used the egress rear bumper which doesn't fit but itll do for now.

It was worth it though, love it.

From this: (doesn't even show the damage!)

1zb3p92.jpg

To this:

mb7qky.jpg

• Like 6

I got way too impatient and rushed through a shabby club-racer-style paint job on my Honda City Turbo:

11i1u6g.jpg

(the more labour-intensive Wheelie Rally driver is in the background)

30b3bt5.jpg

x3jpc.jpg

16ibghx.jpg

I did not even paint the taillights, having no X-26 or X27 (or even X-6 or X-7) up here, and painting the headlight buckets would have been time-consuming. This is why the Brite Lite decals are on the front lenses! What could I do? I was to leave town in a few days and the urge to get it running was way too strong...

It is the first Willy I have painted completely. My elaborate plans were reduced to this when I realized that I wanted to spend more time driving it - and driving it near its limits. Hence, box-art or Castrol schemes will wait for another shell!

I did end up modifying the front arches - something about the glass brings the shell's nose closer to the front wheels at full lock, and putting on bodyshells is not always a precision task; hence the need for further cutting.

Willy's face is not even dry yet... Regardless, it has been a fun project! Really looking forward to running this one! :D

• Like 3