Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I finally get to contribute to this thread! Finished trimming/body holed my latest runner body -Nissan R32- for my ta05. The poorly painted and very old Ferrari 360 shell is beginning to fall apart, time for a change. Haven't decided on a color or wheels yet..

8c278c0c7b518a3880c4e5a0c4bc29e1.jpg

Ps23 will do ;)

So prepared the shell, trimmed the wheel arches all ready to dremel away............I just couldn't do it for fear of wrecking the shell. I ended up doing it the old fashion way with a pair of curved lexan scissors, sand paper and some patience :rolleyes: I think it came out pretty well. Masked the windows and nothing else as its all white. Four coats later and sufficient drying time and then the best part, removing the protective layer :D Next decals........and there's a lot!

BMW%20318i%201_zpsj9g73xa9.jpg

BMW%20318i%202_zpsg25usjek.jpg

Very nice, I used to own quite a nice E36 318is, and very nearly bought blind a basket case E36 M3 saloon on ebay, life imitating art :lol:

Finished my TB Evo 6 today, and prepped the body, so it should be ready for painting tomorrow.

I took my DT02 Holiday Buggy to Oxshott Woods tonight to the same spot I went to yesterday.

Much better in the sand, the rear tyres gripped much more , I did lots of jumps, barrel rolls and there were no breakages.

It landed really well after jumps and it landed on its wheels lot of the time after crashing.

This time I came home when I had had enough and not the car!

• Like 1

New rear axle springs in my Stock Grasshopper II. Only the rear tires left to restore

Ordered a set of old wheels for a restore on my ranger, front bumper shock bushings,front springs.dependibg on how the old ones I order come ot may order a set of brat rims and tires for running.... then I cleared the bench...this ole girl is getting all of my attention.... let the disassembly begin.

Ordered a set of old wheels for a restore on my ranger, front bumper shock bushings,front springs.dependibg on how the old ones I order come ot may order a set of brat rims and tires for running.... then I cleared the bench...this ole girl is getting all of my attention.... let the disassembly begin.

Holy bucket of SRB batman6ec1417132b564f92ba518fe6e9d8c2a.jpgee33ad6203d697f6de7e5c55e490909c.jpg5d5c0449552c40bf9284c2eee6c6d71b.jpg

Time to clean some parts. Woohoo

Got some front end work done and f t on shocks clean up and oiledbb382e73abba4a64ae4ce50030e6dcab.jpg

• Like 3

Gently gently with the dremel again. The roughness is just on the overspray film, the cuts are nice and smooth.

Grille for the lower portion and light buckets from Yokomo for the headlights :)

DSC_0275.jpg

• Like 4

I cleaned and checked over my Holiday buggy so it is ready for another outing some time soon hopefully, few loose screws, fair bit of dust but all good otherwise. I also realised I had made a school boy error and my front shocks were upside down....muppet springs to mind!

I've started all of the above and a fair bit more remedial work on my Sand Scorcher so that can can come out to play as well next time.

Oh just cleaning stuff and things :)

Prepping the 2nd set of day glow wheels to go on my second Super G

a564ec27c865842ef9450b66c71d2dc5.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice, I used to own quite a nice E36 318is, and very nearly bought blind a basket case E36 M3 saloon on ebay, life imitating art :lol:

I love the E36 M3! Dream car :)

• Like 1

I love the E36 M3! Dream car :)

Mine as well . Had an eye on a M3 LTD E36 6 speed Yellow coupe .

Cleaned and tidied up my £50 Ebay bargain, a Tamiya TRF 416 (complete with 2 sets of TRF shocks) .

gallery_16696_3904_156647.jpg

I was also browsing gumtree yesterday and to my amazement found a little gem that I have been looking for, for over 2 years now. a NIB Kyosho 1997 Renault Laguna BTCC Bodyset complete and in mint condition. And best of all £15 and reasonably local for pickup, so a quick 30 miles drive to pick it up and its now in my possession :) I always thought these were 200mm wide and that I would have an issue finding the right offset of wheels, but in actual fact the body at the top of the arches is 194mm wide, so should be much of an issue finding multi spoke wheels at 2mm offset to paint blue :)

gallery_16696_3904_24782.jpg

gallery_16696_3904_223489.jpg

I must say its the first Kyosho body I have ever had and the quality is very good indeed as is the detail of the body itself, comes with 3 sets of mirrors, 2 window wipers, rear wing moulded mounts along with a very thin detailed roof aeriel as per the real life version.

The body will be painted and decaled and perfectly as I can and either put on the TRF416 for display on the shelf or put onto a TA03F for the shelf. Needless to say I am very happy today indeed.

James

:)

• Like 4

I've been building up my rere Honda City turbo, added bearings to the gearbox, 2.4g radio gear, and wired in some 3Racing lights (not a fun job on this!) but I can't get the indicators to function properly, so I've wired them to come on with the front lights. I've still got to upload the pictures onto the front page.

I've also just built the Lego ECTO 1, big thanks to my brother for going halves with me! I also scored a Lego technic pneumatic forklift truck that I had many moons ago, and I know now why it took my mum the best part of a whole Boxing Day to build it! Very fiddly, especially getting all the gears to line up for the steering, then the small chain links to get the lifting mechanism to work, just hope I never drop it on the floor!!

• Like 1

^^ I have the LEGO Ecto 1 too, it was an awesome build. Its still built but wrapped in bubble wrap and in a box along with all my Lego Star Wars stuff after our house move until the livingroom gets its overhaul over the next few months and the display shelves go up :)

James

Not done anything RC based today but I did go for a job interview as a "Brewers Assistant".

I was offered the job as well starting next week :D :D. I feel a Homer Simpson moment coming on "Ooooo Beeeer" :lol: :lol:

Nump.T

• Like 2

Not done anything RC based today but I did go for a job interview as a "Brewers Assistant".

I was offered the job as well starting next week :D :D. I feel a Homer Simpson moment coming on "Ooooo Beeeer" :lol: :lol:

Nump.T

Awesome.

I also had a spot of good luck this week, one of the other managers quit leaving me a huge sales territory to try and absorb. I can't wait to prove my worth.

Jim that's just not fair. First you tease us with your TA03R's And now £50...for that?!! I watch TRF cars all the time on eBay but I've never seen one go for less than 3 figures which isn't in dire need of repair!

Today I fitted the LEDs to my Pajero. Not impressed with Yeah Racing quality control though - one of the LEDs isn't working (one of a pair on the same circuit) and another set didn't work because the terminal was loose in the plug. I don't have anything small enough to fix it either :(

• Like 2

Okay, okay, so being honest it was £55 + postage(its in the completed listing bit), but I had 11.00 in my paypal. So its a £50 car for me. lol. I know, thats why I dived at the BIN button right away. I genuinely couldn't believe it when it arrived as it was in fantastic condition. 2 new steering arm turnbuckles arrived today, so they were fitted.

Being honest though, I am more excited about the Kyosho Laguna bodyset :)

James

Are you going Plato or Menu?

I remember them from the good ol' days of Toca. The PC game was amazing fun.

I saw one up close at Goodwood one year, and have subsequently seen the Nescafe liveried ones at Silverstone. One thing that strikes you is that the wheels look way too big to be practical. They tuck right up under the body work!

I spent two hours on my knees to look for a stupid bearing fallen to the floor.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::ph34r:<_<

Look on the bright side, if it had been a C clip, you would still be looking for it ................

• Like 1

Are you going Plato or Menu?

I remember them from the good ol' days of Toca. The PC game was amazing fun.

I saw one up close at Goodwood one year, and have subsequently seen the Nescafe liveried ones at Silverstone. One thing that strikes you is that the wheels look way too big to be practical. They tuck right up under the body work!

Will be Plato no22 car. Was never a Menu fan tbh.

James

It's painting season now... Finished a Ford GT shell for a TB03 chassis... The paint is pearl white. HPI included light buckets for the front end.

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

• Like 10

Bought myself a BMW X5, yeah a real one :D

It's for the wife actually, I pick it up next week.

Also bought Project Cars on PS4, seeing as I'm gonna be skint this month now, I better have something to do :ph34r:

Took the clodbuster out for its first outing (in my ownership).

• Like 9