Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Agreed on the chrome - it looks more authentic than the white, and if it is too lustrous, you can always dull it down with some driving ;)

Today, I put the other colour on my project:

awvoqx.jpg

I also cut windows for it. Save for paint bleed and fruit fly parts, it turned out surprisingly well. More progress in the coming days, I hope!

• Like 6

Just re-joined the tamiya club!!!

• Like 3

Just re-joined the tamiya club!!!

Welcome back. Lol. We had a minor auto text mess up..

...And front too! :D

Oops. Auto text messes me up all the time... kind of like walking out of the service station and telling the cashier love you too.....I get quite an odd look from the hairy bloke with the tattoos. Lol

Accidentally ordered a porsche... at 159.99$ I was scared to see it get more expensive..lol. oops

Finished my Jimny!

It looks great, but the wheels look awful. I need to source something different, urgently!

It looks great, Chris! Hope you get lots of running out of it ;)

Today I painted the trim on my Wheelie Rally and then bought a VW T1 body mount (you were right, JennyMo!); 3 pairs of white 3 mm LEDs; and a 3D mesh decal sheet. I hope to make further progress tomorrow, when I can hopefully make my first attempt at gluing in the windows!

Bullet ends came in and now the motor and ESC are connected in the Desert Gator. I put a dab of solder on them even though they don't need it, it felt safer that way.

07.11.2015-09.38.png

07.11.2015-09.43.png

• Like 1

I swapped out the stock tires on the Losi XXX SCT with some ProLine Trenchers. They should be much better in the parking lot and on the loamy, unmaintained practice track than the Eclipse pin tires.

07.11.2015-15.22.png

I also applied fiberglass sheet rockers tape to the entire lower half of the body. I need to get a plastic putty knife so I can spread the Shoe Goo all over it then the body repair/reinforcement will be complete. I must say that this Losi SCT body seems very fragile compared the the Tamiya bodies I'm used to. :blink:

07.11.2015-15.24.png

I built my DT-03 neo fighter buggy other day, i put on mad bull wheels on it, and bought crowd pleaser style body from my LHS for £5. it look greats. I need to obtain the body post.

I installed all the new components that postman brought today, set up the brushless system set my Gto body back on....even test drove outside for a good 10 minutes of donuts and drift turns.....then came the sound. Grrrrreeeeeaaaat, was not the sound more like grrrrrriiiiind..stripped the gear out of it somehow...any way guess the 61t 3 racing gears don't like traxxas vxl brushless. Stock spur back in and rebuilt pain in buttock...but ready to burn rubbera5aa29b7a30621cdac1a0ff526ccbb39.jpg

Nice-looking project, Dave - I especially love the green!

2u6319l.jpg

;)

Oh, and that is what I did today!

• Like 2

Nice-looking project, Dave - I especially love the green!

2u6319l.jpg

;)

Oh, and that is what I did today!

That's a real sweet lookin project you got going, I'm truly impressed. Its come together real nice.

I've packed up a load of items ready to got to the P.O tomorrow.

Really pleased with myself sorting through my spares boxes and shelves of redundant kit and selling it off.

Slow and painful, but I cleared quite a bit of shelf space and generated some cash for Tamiya related purchases.

Still a bit to go, but I've definetly broken the back of it!

Oh and I bought another Blazing Blazer to go with the other one I never look at, which sits beside my 2 dust collecting Hilux 3 speeds.

I am a lost cause, there is little doubt about it.

But in all fairness I did have 6 3 speeds and a spare Blazer body set, so having just 4 complete 3 speeds is still quite constrained ; )

• Like 1

If you ever feel the need to sell and move on, I have never owned one before ;)

• Like 1

Got the underside painted black and masked off. Then I aid down a good solid coat of primer on the cab and bed of my mountaineer.

Discovered while in storage the windshield cracked so ordered a new re release one along with re release bumpers as mine have yellowed and deteriorated and it's not worth the cost of primer and paint to give them new life.

So, what have you done today ?

And I've just bought a battered GF01 from T.C member Taffer as I think it will be a fun runner and it is 4WD.

Went to go rc drifting after work Saturday night for the first time in 4 months but turned up all ready to slide and realised when nobody was there that it's actually next weekend :lol:

Not to be done out of RC over the weekend installed the telemetry in my stampede Sat night when I got home and Sunday Me, the missus and and my daughter went for a winters walk around Mauao (Mount Maunganui) so I took my SCX10. Got many comments (usually witty ones like, "More fun than taking a dog!" to which I replied, "Yeah and I don't have to pick up it's poop!" :lol:

Haven't driven this in ages! Has inspired me to put some money aside for Knights Customs parts B)

20150712_150601_zpssdxl6woz.jpg

• Like 2

Pre restoration picture of my second Ranger body on my first ranger chassis, I think I have to keep this one, even though it will have to go on a shelf for a little bit. I'm thinking I have to keep it, even with the Shell how I got it, the truck looks awesome. ...Classic 06f9129f9410fd7a3e4ba449caaa04d1.jpg

Gave it as good wipe down put in a new windshield and put it up on the shelf...

Finished my 84385 NSX today :wub::):wub:

img_20150713_15112423ibu6w.jpg

img_20150713_15103240jfuxm.jpg

It looks amazing! Why did i sell mine :-(

What interior Are you using?