Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's really bad sending out 2nd hand stuff as a replacement. I think I'll steer clear of these if that's the sort of service you get. Not cheap either! :wacko:

To be perfectly honest, my experience is a sample size of 2 so others may chime in with consistently better experiences.

1) I had a wheel I ordered show up with one of the lugs glued/seized in the package, and they lost my e-mail when I tried to get a replacement - and made good when I posted about it here.

2) In the TF2SWB kit one of the rear shock hoops was wrong/from another kit in the package - it took ~month to get a replacement because "the factory was closed", but when it showed up it clearly had wear marks where it had previously been screwed into another kit. Also on the first run, the factory assembled YotaII front axle spat out the screw in the steering knuckle, at which point I just parked it.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of rc4wd quality, they sure have some nice looking stuff but it is not the sort of quality I want.

• Like 1

Today, prepping for clear coat of Mountaineer body, then nearly completed build.

For RC4WD, I have found my purchases are best for "Shelf Duty".

I've had the Boyer truggy which required several replacement parts after opening upon delivery.

TF2, transmission issues on arrival, just sits pretty afraid to run it, even after replacing the transmission at my own cost.

I've had many, many other parts and I would say an unacceptable amount of quality control issues resulting in many replaced parts. Not sure where the issue is there. .. ... . .. ... .

Painted my Porsche GT2 body

Translucent Red .. Gunmetal .. Black

Inside

e00c02f7124a4c2103f66eecb8e9ab0e.jpg

Shade outside

2d39a5e9ce37c9fc9a6a194f28261d70.jpg

Bright Sun

142b2945895da30499bc5f0438a9d1e8.jpg

Photos do it no justice

• Like 11

Insidee00c02f7124a4c2103f66eecb8e9ab0e.jpg

Shade outside 2d39a5e9ce37c9fc9a6a194f28261d70.jpg

Bright Sun142b2945895da30499bc5f0438a9d1e8.jpg

Photos do it no justice

Bad boys, bad boys what you gonna do when they come for you.

It looks so alike the porsche 993 used in the bad boys movie with Will Smith.

Inside

e00c02f7124a4c2103f66eecb8e9ab0e.jpg

Shade outside

2d39a5e9ce37c9fc9a6a194f28261d70.jpg

Bright Sun

142b2945895da30499bc5f0438a9d1e8.jpg

Photos do it no justice

Oh my dear god, how gorgeous is that !! Love the colour.

James

:)

Today, I learned a lesson. I returned from a trip to the gym to find my freshly clear coated Mountaineer cab laying on the concrete complete with major scratched and gouged paint.

Lesson: Don't leave a freshly cleared body perched on a box for the wind to blow over.

Sad I am :(.

• Like 1

I had a busy Tamiya day, I met some mates at Alice Holt woods and ran some cars.

I ending up splitting the front bumper on the TT01 and jamming the Blazing Blazer under a parked van.

I sold the HPI Savage and the Pajero shell and they are packed ready to go off tomorrow.

I cleaned up the Blackfoot, the TT01 and did various little jobs on them both.

I've managed to get through the weekend without buying anything R.C related! Only just though.

Fixed the Trailfinder. It turns out only the rear shaft had actually broken; the front just popped off. So I replaced the rear with the spare one that came in the kit (which should have been my first clue) and now it's running again. Unwilling to spend money to fix someone else's design flaw, I added some inexpensive "driveshaft rings" to help support the plastic side of the U-joints:

DSCF1845.JPG

Between this and all the wiring for 4 channels and full lights, the total number of zip-ties in this truck is about 800. But at least it's running again...

Today I have painted a touring Car Cockpit for my 911 RSR.

img_20150809_22354603ssw.jpg

A really impressive paint job and detailing.

Bravo!

• Like 1

Been hacking away at a bit of 5€ worth of 3mm alloy plate with a saw and some file's.

Sweaty job at 26° and 70% humidity but now have some more shocktowers.

upload_-1.jpg

and just found out that the 14mm 1/14 trucks stepscrew is a perfect fit to attach the upper arm when using a 4mm ballnut, no need to make bushings.

Cut out the HPI Carrera shell for my M06. Mulling over paint scheme - Jagermeister or street Martini.

Installed servo with ali mount to same M06.

Sprayed Winkelhock's helmet *snigger* yellow. Just the head to go and I can fit the box art interior to my Warsteiner M3 Evo.

Listed out inventory of parts needed to get my fleet of 10 rc's up and running. Winced at total cost. Realised I haven't included the vintage SS resto.

Made a bad spur of the moment ebay purchase of a CR01 chassis sans axles. Just wasn't looking at my phone properly :angry:.

Emptied a 1 tonne dumpy bag of shrapnel onto the border in the back garden. Gives the garden "kerb appeal" according to the wife, which I take as a positive outcome :D.

Picked up my 944 from the indie folllowing a list of jobs whilst I've been in Italy. Went for a quick spin, front end feels much more solid and less wallowy now. Looking forward to a weekend away at the Porsche National this coming weekend at Althorp.

A successful day off, and more of the same tomorrow hopefully (minus the bad ebay purchases).

I gently T-Cut yesterdays scuffs out of the Blazer, stripped the paint off the back lights and painted the tyre lettering.

Even swapped a tyre over with my one and only spare Blazer tyre.

I realised my TT01 & TB02 body posts are in different positions, so they won't be sharing any body shells soon.

O Hai Guise! Thanks to TC member Mtn Bkr!

Brought home an original GH today :) Finally! The one that started my RC passion! I haven't held a Grasshopper in 30 years until today :)

6640c96eb8af75911f10b048a5749d6d.jpg

• Like 2

Got the first coat of paint on the clodbuster today, I'm loving my color choice!!

After receiving the new chassis parts for my Tl 01 yesterday I decided to give it a go and that was at 8pm, I started slowly and methodically putting the parts on the work bench, realizing I hadn't de-greased the greasy bits I set to work...tada 7bf9cca9526eb0bd681b36c0d1d4461b.jpgand some tamiya original carbon fiber shafts..made some on the fly mods to the front upper arms, and took my home made turnbuckle of and installed the tamiya hop up turnbuckles012d2ac9e5b5f7f88cd3ae306fb00401.jpgI have some piggyback shocks coming but until then I used some old scrappers I had lying around the bench, as I was assembling the swing arms I decided to raid my city turbo box and put nice shiny new hubs front and rear and a set of fresh hub hangers up front... left a few unnecessary bits off and regretted not putting some of the other fresh pieces on while assembling. Chassis with the hpi chrome five spoke as ND some vintage meat 84f5694aff031ab6c761489b849d114f.jpgec6a3f1dea87615cf6b74b2ebc3f8fed.jpgf66a6c3af121c5ddb3d16619fc1e63dc.jpgabbdf88b6f6498797e5b395118b07491.jpg7234bea57e2fd1a72e7c21a344397c0c.jpggonna see if I can build a custom seat for this driver 3db37d942befd5879a6cb2487895c8b9.jpgjust gotta get the heights correct40cfb52c4fba0d5af28fcabbf6c000c5.jpgit's now 2 am I should probably sleep as I have work to do in the morning so that I can afford to hang out with you guys lol

• Like 2

I had most of the afternoon tinkering without any disturbances!

So I sold a couple of smaller R.C bits, packed them and got a post office visit in.

Started painting my Blazing Blazer rear lights, finished the tyre lettering and glued the split in the rear quarter.

I've started the long over due reassembly of my Sand Scorcher, so the gearbox and rear cage are ready to fit to the chassis with my new shock set.

Now I'll have to learn to solder and then buy the new radio gear I've been promising myself for nearly a year.

• Like 1

Completely stripped my GH down to bare bones, gave all the pieces a bath, re greased the gearbox, installed vintage black MSC and resistor plate, slapped everything back together and started to prime and paint the original wheels.

On the "to do list" is new tires and decals, strip and paint the body. Rear shock springs will be here this weekend.

Trying to keep it as original as possible

31501eb7e5cb1c0e5d38e1a161d4219b.jpg

• Like 1

So I'm wondering should I keep the spiderman seat covers or go with a touch of classic black.9eb8a132bbf39a3010ca1363c0661ef2.jpgf25d03276336550f025925fb68463e48.jpg

• Like 2

Before.....974e47597087e8260d3d398fa6131c9f.jpg

After.....

8e948a43430bd149931fac7f68e76675.jpg

Need I say more.

I like the way you even tidied the drink can 😀

• Like 1

Well its 2am again, I built a seat for my pick up tidied my work space first of course as above and then put the wing mirrors on my porsche no pic sorry.. bed time for bonzo