Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fitted a 2nd steering servo to my Maverick Scout project for a little 4 wheel steer action 😜

78827A33-C487-400F-A4A5-A349ADC8DEB6_zps

The Sand Scorcher is now a ready for the radio tub to go back in which means I know need to learn to solder as I want to fit XT60 plugs.

The Blazing Blazer is also back on it wheels and going back together nicely.

Amazing what a set of ball bearings can do. Got a new set from FastEddie for my Falcon today and installed them. Any slop in the rear drivetrain is completely gone and the tolerances tight again. Very happy.

Well yesterday evening I left for work and this was sat at home ......

gallery_16696_3981_450.jpg

After arriving home from work at 6am this morning I decided to get stuck in. Sooooo ..... 3 hours later, and a little bit of parts washing, cursing and an ice cold beer ( yes I work nightshift, do not judge me ;) ) and I am at this stage ......

gallery_16696_3981_257972.jpg

gallery_16696_3981_343456.jpg

so not too bad. Still need to attach the battery older and get some kind of steering turnbuckles on there.

It is mostly a Madcap believe it or not. The only Astute parts are, front damper stay, rear damper stay and brace, chassis plate, CVA dampers and wheels and tyres. The Madcap parts are, gearbox, front bulkhead, steering assembly, wing mount, upper and lower arms all round and arm mounts at the rear. Still waiting on Astute front and rear bumpers arriving, and also sourcing an aluminium motor plate.

So not too bad, will soon get some turnbuckles upper arms all round and a new body (I already have a decal set NIP waiting to be added to the body) :)

Thanks

James

:)

• Like 4

Looks fantastic James. The Astute body and color scheme is one of the most handsome Tamiya's ever put out in my opinion.

• Like 1

Finally got my Blazing Blazer into my showroom as it's about finished for now force me anyway!

Dojo Dave over to you bud!

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=127114&id=40536

I sent you a pm, actually several sorry but your tyres look pretty sweet. I showed a bunch of pics. PM me back if you're interested in any and we can talk $. No I didn't put prices.
  • Like 1

Took the rebuild TL out for a race with my youngest on his Razor drift cart, shortly after realizing it's a flier, I also realized I forgot to do something before running1c3d0c699fbda6394643fccd7cd3dfb2.jpg749887207b8cd0322d31b6e1b1b0a84c.jpgSo gluing tyres today

Added my driverd1405889a759d56f8a49d65b8b3db7c8.jpgspidy seat cover and all 964b2603ad9f850813017eb378dc9e23.jpg

I got back from a mid week camping in a tent.

Took the WT-01 with us and thrashed it around Nene Valley country park. Brushless runs forever and a 10.5 on 1s is about as fast as a stock silver can. On 2s it is hard to stop it going over backwards on first acceleration, I can not see this she'll lasting long......

• Like 1

Got to try out the 4WS on my Maverick Scout outside for the first time, the turning circle it dramatically improved 😜

This evening I've been adding weight to the wheels.

Shootin' primer. A good final sand then laying down the first coats of TS-26 white tonight :)

243105669cff83f6bed94b0fd6cd46eb.jpg

• Like 1

It looks great! I never noticed rear-view mirrors on the Grasshopper shell...

Today, Willy broke his neck after rolling and somersaulting(!) his rally racer:

6oo9pi.jpg

34np99f.jpg

The fender was going to break there anyways... But:

16c7zft.jpg

"Hey! You screwed up the setup - now I have to drive this pig for 4 more stages!"

His head is not supposed to face that way... I first noticed it when the car was driving away from me while Willy was making eye contact out the rear window! A screwdriver solved that, thank goodness :P

The somersault was not captured on film, but occurred when I hit the throttle on brick and then the car leapt onto an elevated grass portion. As the car was on its two rear wheels, it nosed down violently and slammed the big front bumper into the dirt, at which point the car got airborne again and completed a 180+ degree rotation. It sat on its tail wheel before completing the flip, sticking the landing on all four oversized tires.

So, a bad day for the bodywork!

2 and a bit hours of Bushwalking/Driving

142.jpg

156.jpg

Now drowning my sorrows infront of the computer, just watched my Sydney Ice Hockey team lose their chance at a Finals spot.........

• Like 1

Today i started my TL01B build.

first up was to replace the front and rear dampers with something a little tighter.

20150816_193257_resized.jpg

20150816_193310_resized.jpg

then i installed my Castle brushless 5700kv with 21T

20150816_193323_resized.jpg

20150816_193337_resized.jpg

• Like 1

Today i started my TL01B build.

first up was to replace the front and rear dampers with something a little tighter.

20150816_193257_resized.jpg

20150816_193310_resized.jpg

then i installed my Castle brushless 5700kv with 21T

20150816_193323_resized.jpg

20150816_193337_resized.jpg

is it wrong that I just converted mine to a plain old tl01

Not that it's plain by any means,!

The vintage GH decals I was going to buy tomorrow suddenly sold after two weeks in my watch list. Son of a...

The vintage GH decals I was going to buy tomorrow suddenly sold after two weeks in my watch list. Son of a...

This is why I buy when I know I'll need it. And if I don't need it that much it can sit. That's the way the cookie, gets eaten.

So true Dave ;)

I made up for my frustration and thrilled with how my driver's helmet is turning out. Still have to throw down some gloss and get the star decals on tonight, then finish the black bits and face.

Last coats of white went on the body this morning. Going to let it de-gas and dry for a couple days. Pretty happy

6f95c7122d40a7e23068fbf6ade9df62.jpg

5700 with 21t pinion in a tl01b. I think that might be geared way to tall. Definitely check.

Cropped more pics I have taken for my Tamiya Poster I want to make like the ones in the old mags. 6-8 cars in the big poster for my wall