Badboy

So, What Have You Done Today?

Does the club need more member blogs...  

361 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Filled up my cart over at Modellbau-Seidel with rare parts only to discover they only ship to the EU upon checkout :(

All pretty like :)

Restoration job complete! Nearly 100% original sans back tires and rear springs. Decals are originals and applied today (I did shift the nose "35" a bit from the bottom photo, put on the "Recaro" decals on the nose and small Tamiya decal on the roof). Fitted with period radio gear.

Just need to trim the decals around the body holes/

94979978b0fc17f00c6180bb2415dbbf.jpg
0aceb97784eb5fb591fb745eebe2b8a4.jpg

• Like 7

Rebuilding our squirel feed box that disintegrated during the last summer storm

Eekhoorn%252520009.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

to be continued.... :D

• Like 4

Filled up my cart over at Modellbau-Seidel with rare parts only to discover they only ship to the EU upon checkout :(

did you try Tamico? or pm me a screenshot of your list and I can have a look what postage costs

Funny as all their eBay adverts list worldwide postage.

I would drop them an email before giving up on them. Sending something from Germany is no harder than posting a letter from London to Birmingham!

No Seidel at Ebay as far as I know and their website only mentions Europe, Tamico does some countries outside EU.

Took the 1:1 out for a bash with a mate.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

17.jpg

Kangaroo and her Baby Joey in the Pouch

23.jpg

The Green Meanie and my 1:1

48.jpg

• Like 3

Today i have painted the driver figure for my Dyna Blaster. I used the figure from the Sand Scorcher.

bb1uerf9.jpg

bb22fq3q.jpg

bb3vcrz2.jpg

• Like 1

Not been up to much RC lately as I've had a few things to sort out in the "real world"

Back now though, gonna try get this old project off the ground over the bank holiday weekend.

IMG_20150830_124257_zps24a7bec1.jpg

:)

• Like 2

So tell me if I'm the only one who does this every day. I go on The hobby sites

I see what is available kit wise, and then I put the ones I want in my cart to calculate the damages.

Drool over my order for 5 minutes and x out.... anyone?

• Like 3

That got way too dangerous for me, so I stopped. Good thing, too - otherwise I would have a Bruiser and a dazed and confused countenance :P

Today, I packed up my Buggy Champ and Wheelie Rally for my return to school. I hope to seal a deal and ship off the Buggy Champ to a new owner (a decision I will regret later, but not now!) and get the Wheelie Rally running. The latter will be quite important as my landlord's brother, who shares similar interests with me, will finally get to see what I had been working on all of last year!

I may do today what you have been doing, Dojo Dave, since I have enough money to buy a new radio, some batteries, and a charger. That would mean I can still keep on with my hobbies without having to pack extra bits and explaining to the nice security officer that my pistol-style radio is not a weapon!

That got way too dangerous for me, so I stopped. Good thing, too - otherwise I would have a Bruiser and a dazed and confused countenance [emoji14]

Today, I packed up my Buggy Champ and Wheelie Rally for my return to school. I hope to seal a deal and ship off the Buggy Champ to a new owner (a decision I will regret later, but not now!) and get the Wheelie Rally running. The latter will be quite important as my landlord's brother, who shares similar interests with me, will finally get to see what I had been working on all of last year!

I may do today what you have been doing, Dojo Dave, since I have enough money to buy a new radio, some batteries, and a charger. That would mean I can still keep on with my hobbies without having to pack extra bits and explaining to the nice security officer that my pistol-style radio is not a weapon!

In my Banzai cart I have a black edition lunch box, a re re wild one, and a land cruiser cc01, with shipping I think I'm at $400. Which considering the stateside prices is about half price..... temptation. So cruel. I'll save for my next order and probably buy 3 kits to save on shipping, yeah thats it. To save on shipping. Lol.

2 of my daughters put together their Mini Tamiya 4WD kits today with a bit of help from dad.

It went well and we all really like the models they choose.

Surprisingly fast across the living room floor too.

The only minor set back was one didn't come with a motor.

So let's see today. I fixed the lighting issue on my Tudra high lift, installed a quicrun 1060 instead of my Traxxas xl5. Installed the xl5 in tl01 pick up, installed the yokomo exhausts I received last week, b0562bf1077c796817578749a86b1981.jpgvery happy with them.

Ran the Tundra and decided I need more lift for bigger wheels and tyres. And I'm about to switch out my alloy front hubs from rc damper on my Porsche ta02sw for the stock blue ones as the alloy ones allow too much travel locking the servo at full turn.... also got agreement from wife that ordering 3 cars from Banzai is smarter in the long run than ordering 1...score.

• Like 2

Decided that whilst I like the Brat shell on the tl-01b, I prefer the Baja Champ body on this chassis. I added a set of LED's so I can play in the dark!

11951935_10153173628286158_2065163905863

11986539_10153173632876158_7253985854362

10509775_10153173629171158_2834246808062

11988441_10153173660446158_2612508103852

• Like 3

Started building up the TA06 pro chassis, bought every hop up for it, almost anough left over for another chassis so went shopping at seidel for the odds and sods like bearings and e-rings etc to build another.

put the pro chassis back in the box ;)

Building Tamiya chassis's can be an expensive business

Put the finishing touches to my MF-01X Jimny. Pics to follow when the sun comes up!

Cut my Astute body,w wing and undertray out, painted mettallic red backed with silver then mettallic red again. And applied the decals, came out not too bad. Will take some pics when its daylight.

James.

Shipped some parts to Canada today, should surface in the postman thread shortly. ;-)

• Like 1